Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seriously?
  Yes.
View Results

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 pm
Then leave mort...

if all that keeps you here is your duty to a subform that is rarely active then you really dont have any reason to be here... or to make rules that the majority of people in your own forum dissagree with.

Frankly im unsatisfied witht he RP subforum.... nothings happening in it... and the first suggestion made to improve that is denied by a hardly active mod of the very same subform.

If you want changes in the guild to make it more active and to make it more "adult" (w/e that means) then make changes in the guild... dont criticize the guild... then deny suggested changes... then state that you dont really have much interest the guild...

I am adamant that 1x1 rp is reinstated, stigma or no stigma.

either that or RP moves to the main page... (and still allows 1x1 rp)

nothing against you mort, i love you girl, im just calling your bluff. i think if the guild wants to get better then we all have to be proactive and do things to make it more active less dramatic and more productive. And this is one of many ways to get that revamp off on a good foot.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:48 pm
Garek Maxwell
DarkWolfLove
I wasn't even aware there were RPs on the main page, let alone that it was allowed.
I'm fine with posting threads there, but I figured since stuff was still happening here, I'd post here.
If you'd care to move it, please do~
More opinions might help.
:3

It was a recent rule change, we allowed RP threads on the main page so long as they had [RP] in the thread title's beginning (or ending would work too). It wasn't announced though.

Edit: And if someone forgot to add that to their thread title, we'd add it in for them.

I think this weekend there will be a new thread regarding possible rule changes and probably a vote on several things eventually. Most of the rule changes I'm looking at will probably not impact current users at all. Just streamlining as much as I can.

Mortella
It's the only reason why I'm still here. If my purpose in the guild were to be non existent I would push on. I think it's the leash to keep me.

I'd never want to remove RPing one bit in the guild. I think it's integral to the health of the community here. :3
I just think if it's in the main forum more people could join in. Dunno. I think we'll leave it up to a vote than just decide ourselves as mods. Maybe give everyone three options, "keep the sub-forum", "leave it open for now but eventually close it", and "close it". Maybe.
I'm still of the opinion that the majority of the flame wars happen between some one being in character blathering on to someone out of character. and then As always someone ruffles someone elses feathers and the whole thing goes nuclear. I'de still like to be of the opinion of a three part guild one of main page announcements and well only announcements, an in character and an out of character.  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:52 pm
Mortella
Garek Maxwell
DarkWolfLove
I wasn't even aware there were RPs on the main page, let alone that it was allowed.
I'm fine with posting threads there, but I figured since stuff was still happening here, I'd post here.

It was a recent rule change, we allowed RP threads on the main page so long as they had [RP] in the thread title's beginning (or ending would work too). It wasn't announced though.

Edit: And if someone forgot to add that to their thread title, we'd add it in for them.

I think this weekend there will be a new thread regarding possible rule changes and probably a vote on several things eventually. Most of the rule changes I'm looking at will probably not impact current users at all. Just streamlining as much as I can.

Mortella
It's the only reason why I'm still here. If my purpose in the guild were to be non existent I would push on. I think it's the leash to keep me.

I'd never want to remove RPing one bit in the guild. I think it's integral to the health of the community here. :3
I just think if it's in the main forum more people could join in. Dunno. I think we'll leave it up to a vote than just decide ourselves as mods. Maybe give everyone three options, "keep the sub-forum", "leave it open for now but eventually close it", and "close it". Maybe.
I'm still of the opinion that the majority of the flame wars happen between some one being in character blathering on to someone out of character. and then As always someone ruffles someone elses feathers and the whole thing goes nuclear. I'de still like to be of the opinion of a three part guild one of main page announcements and well only announcements, an in character and an out of character.

so then RP needs rules about whats said in character and whats said out of character like "OOC chatter is to be double parenthesized with no exceptions, example: ((I like your new character Fuzzybutt McFoxpaws))"

and IC rules when it comes to dialogue exchanges rather than naration

EDIT!: Also... I hate the preemtive attempts to lessen "drama"... Its going to happen... people will have dissagreements...It lessens the experience we as regular responsible users have and it really cant stop anything from happening. Especially when you deny responsible users experiences on and you are "of the opinion... that this or that happens when people are allowed to do one thing." the best thing you can do is just be an enforcer... when it pops up you dish out strict and stern warnings and punishments... period... if people get butt hurt about punishments or warnings then too bad it just prooves that their attitude is not "adult" enough for our guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:52 pm
Mortella
Garek Maxwell
DarkWolfLove

Mortella

But what Garek said (bolded) would help decrease that tension.
For RPs labeled as such versus "hangouts", there would be a line that people would actually know about.
Your own thread/hangout is on the main page, the page you claim you want as announcements only and yet it's not an "in character" or "out of character" discriminate thread either and plenty of drama happens there.
Where would you want your thread moved, because under your rule as a "three part guild" it would move.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:31 pm
Mortella has renounced her position as a moderator and does not seem to want to get it back. I'm still leaving it on the table for her to come back if she likes later on, despite probably not having the power to reinstate her position...

But since I've been left with authority, here's what's going to happen unless something comes up (never know!):

There will be new threads popping up near the end of Friday or earlier Saturday (too tired, work, usual for me).

I haven't decided yet if there will be just one or two... But there will be a poll.
If two threads:
A vote on non-sexual 1x1 RPs
A vote on closing this sub-forum.

If one thread:
Many options, or
No poll, just user posts.

Whatever users decide will change the rules.
I'll write up the rules, since there doesn't need to be many. Jungle had a good idea with OOC needing to be present. No need for more though. Just keep it in a separate paragraph is all.

Anyway, Sorry for choppy reply. Things are happening fast and I'd like to try to be damage control here. Oh yeah, slow posting due to PMs.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:07 pm
I'll wait for those more official threads before putting all of my ideas down.
XD
~Refrains from posting for now~
razz

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:12 pm
That just gives you time to refine them! But if you have suggestions that should be voted on or included as an option, PM me if you like! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:15 pm
I dunno what could be voted on, but alright.
XD

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:20 pm
Oh wow, this really exploded while I was away. O.o
I'm glad to see that things have a target direction now (at least until our next road fork). I'm gonna make a suggestion here on the rp section's organization based on many other trends I've seen.

I'm not 100% clear on how sub-forums work in Gaia guilds (I'm under the impression they cost gold to create, but I could be wrong) but one possibility for organizing could be to convert the RP sub-forum into an RP OOC forum specifically (potentially including 1x1s in this section too since they're not exactly all inclusive RPs). That way, recruitment threads and OOC talk can be kept to that thread in the sub-forum while the RP itself makes its home on the main forum page and helps bring active posting and hopefully attention to the guild.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:40 am
so.... who does have captain/vice captain powers?

doesnt the AFG mule have those powers?

does anyone know the Mule's password?

cause if we only have one mod... and noone else is able or active enough to instate new mods it might be a better idea to create a completely new guild to make sure that we have enough active members able to do their job.  

Jungle Boots

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:30 pm
The Mule is on occasionally.
I've been in a thread or two this year posted by him.

There are two VCs who come on at least once a week.

I don't think another Guild should be created until this thing is ACTUALLY dead...
I don't mind being in this Guild, if it can be helped along to improvement.

I don't think there's any sense in creating another Guild on the side of this one.
Why not just delete the inactive people and do a remodel of this one.

Waste of gold to get a WHOLE NEW ONE if this one is still salvageable.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:15 pm
Jungle Boots

cause if we only have one mod... and noone else is able or active enough to instate new mods it might be a better idea to create a completely new guild to make sure that we have enough active members able to do their job.

I may be able to instate some people as "crew", but I dunno as I've never tried before. That's something I realized would be needed. So far, I'm the only daily active mod, and I'm not even on for long stretches of time.

I'm going to PM some mods about who could be recruited.

DarkWolfLove

I don't think another Guild should be created until this thing is ACTUALLY dead...

I don't think there's any sense in creating another Guild on the side of this one.

I'm a vice captain and I'm on each day, but only for an hour maybe. I've got a lot of other things to do and I planned on only being in charge of the less active things. sad

Anyway, no need to delete inactive people. It pumps up our user numbers in guild listings and makes us seem like we might be more active than we really are.

Also, I have a guild that's mostly blank. Sat around forever. Never used. But There's no need to move over somewhere else. Unless it's really closing time, then there's no need. I plan to stick around until the end.  

Garek Maxwell

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:19 pm
Garek Maxwell
Jungle Boots

I may be able to instate some people as "crew", but I dunno as I've never tried before. That's something I realized would be needed. So far, I'm the only daily active mod, and I'm not even on for long stretches of time.

I'm going to PM some mods about who could be recruited.

DarkWolfLove

I'm a vice captain and I'm on each day, but only for an hour maybe. I've got a lot of other things to do and I planned on only being in charge of the less active things. sad

Anyway, no need to delete inactive people. It pumps up our user numbers in guild listings and makes us seem like we might be more active than we really are.

Also, I have a guild that's mostly blank. Sat around forever. Never used. But There's no need to move over somewhere else. Unless it's really closing time, then there's no need. I plan to stick around until the end.

ive you are vice captain then you certianly can instate new mods... and you might even be able to establish a secondary vice captain...which i suggest you do.

the problem with not having at least two or three vice captains even if the population of the guild doesnt need that much structure is that once several of the vice captains and mods mysteriously dissapear for months or years or forever, which happens in every guild, then there is no one left to reorganize stuff because mods cant promote new mods and they cant edit or update much of the guild information either.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:27 pm
Jungle Boots
ive you are vice captain then you certianly can instate new mods... and you might even be able to establish a secondary vice captain...which i suggest you do.

the problem with not having at least two or three vice captains even if the population of the guild doesnt need that much structure is that once several of the vice captains and mods mysteriously dissapear for months or years or forever, which happens in every guild, then there is no one left to reorganize stuff because mods cant promote new mods and they cant edit or update much of the guild information either.

I promise to get a replacement for me at the very least if I were going to leave.

I intend to get more mods in general to help out. I just don't have the time to be on gaia all day. I can't anyway, I'm at work for too much.

I'm going to talk to other mods first, then PM candidates to see if they'd like to become one.  

Garek Maxwell

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:36 pm
id raise my hand to be one myself... but ill be leaving my pop's house in the near future and i wont know how long it will be before i get regular internet... especially since ill probably not have a computer to do it with either.  
The Peoples Republic of Fiction and Pretend

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff