Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
You Decide! Rules, Revitalizing, & More! - June 26 Update Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:23 pm
Looks good to me. Comprehensive and to the point, but still friendly. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:52 pm
Sorry for the delay everyone. Life's been keeping me busy or exhausted. I'll have more things to discuss and vote on tomorrow. Much fewer things, but things none-the-less.

In case anyone's wondering,

AFG rename - Semi-Passed. I'll give one week for suggestions and discussion for alternatives since there was talk of that. If the majority still supports Adult Furries Guild, then it will be the "new" guild name. I'd like the acronym AFG to stay, but a really good and popular alternative would be okay so long as it has a good reason for it. Dunno if I need a new thread for this yet. Meybe with a simple poll "AFG, Other, Money" option to make counting votes easy. However, that is not a good poll at all.

Logo design contest - Passed - Probably should be postponed until after the name's decided on, but since the letters AFG are likely to stay I will make a thread for entries. It'll be pretty open. Just rules for minimalist logo-like ideas.

Closing subforums - Neither passed.

1x1 RPs. - Semi Passed. I need to make rules. Basics of "If someone would like to join, politely decline or add them. No being dicks if you're asked to leave." Those sorts of things. The other rule being that 1x1 RP's are not cemented. If they evolve into larger ones then so be it. No one will enforce that it's only for two people max. Debating over needed a [1x1] tag for users or not.

Merging member profiles and introducts and such passed of course. razz

Edit: Updated/Cleaned up rules here and there, including the RP Sub-forum's rules.  

Garek Maxwell

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:55 pm
The new RP rules look really nice. I like how you colour coded them for general and 1x1.

On the topic of the name change I say we go back to the Adult Furries guild. There are too many kiddie/younger furry guilds and I think it'd be nice to have the adult stipulation back. We can go anywhere on Gaia if we want your standard run-of-the-mill member, but I liked the maturity level the guild stood for.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:37 pm
Zuri-kai
The new RP rules look really nice. I like how you colour coded them for general and 1x1.

Thank Zuri! I'm a firm believer in color coding. heart
Once AFG has a color template, I will update all the colors.

I like encouraging maturity but as some has brought up it can also easily stand for ultra sweaty XXX hot yiffin' action. ...Or something like that. xp

Still think when I clicked into this guild the first time I didn't think it meant that at all.  

Garek Maxwell

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:36 pm
Garek Maxwell
Zuri-kai

Thank Zuri! I'm a firm believer in color coding. heart
Once AFG has a color template, I will update all the colors.

I like encouraging maturity but as some has brought up it can also easily stand for ultra sweaty XXX hot yiffin' action. ...Or something like that. xp

Still think when I clicked into this guild the first time I didn't think it meant that at all.

Same here. When I clicked on the AFG I used my grey matter lodged in my skull and knew XXX material was against Gaia's ToS. I'd like to think true adults will be able to think the same way. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:31 pm
Zuri-kai
When I clicked on the AFG I used my grey matter lodged in my skull and knew XXX material was against Gaia's ToS. I'd like to think true adults will be able to think the same way. sweatdrop

So much this. X3  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:14 pm
I think the RP subforum could use a bit more cleaning up. It's my understanding that Mortella is currently inactive, is this true? If so, then the Roleplay Index (which was a good idea) should be redone by an active user so it can be updated. The "Ask Your Mod" thread should be turned into a general ask-anyone thread for people who have questions about role playing ("Is my idea for an RP a good one?" "How do you set up ____?" etc.).

The Art & Writing subforum could use some attention. There's not really a rules page (the only announcement states that no one even has to use the art subforum), and the resources page, while fabulous, could use some updating and an active user to maintain it.

Just my thoughts. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:48 pm
Gah, sorry for being slow with updates everyone! Been busy. sad

Also, not a single person has a better name for the guild? I guess I'll just stick it with the next thread I make so people can still have a chance at it...

shoki_de_nai
I think the RP subforum could use a bit more cleaning up. It's my understanding that Mortella is currently inactive, is this true? If so, then the Roleplay Index (which was a good idea) should be redone by an active user so it can be updated. The "Ask Your Mod" thread should be turned into a general ask-anyone thread for people who have questions about role playing ("Is my idea for an RP a good one?" "How do you set up ____?" etc.).

The Art & Writing subforum could use some attention. There's not really a rules page (the only announcement states that no one even has to use the art subforum), and the resources page, while fabulous, could use some updating and an active user to maintain it.

Mortella is no longer a moderator. I'm not even sure she's still in the guild. I don't think she left, but I never thought to check that.

Anyway, I was actually thinking of deleting the roleplay index purely because it wasn't used at all and most RP threads will take care of that content in the beginning or second post. It would also be a lot of effort to maintain it as it is. The better alternative would be to open it up for anyone to post that, but then you're separating content relating to the thread from the thread itself... I dunno. If there's interest in keeping it I can put it to vote.

Ask your mod thing seemed out of place for that spot. It almost seemed like something that belonged in the main forum and could cover everything. I was going to move it, but then it would need stickying and that didn't feel important enough for a sticky. I'm perfectly fine with users making threads asking rule questions, even if it is clutter. I'd more likely see it at least. sweatdrop

I need to update the Art section, yeah. I forgot about it after messing with the RP section. sad

I got some random things I gotta do anyway, like making a contest for the AFG identity and stuff.  

Garek Maxwell

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:13 pm
Garek Maxwell
Gah, sorry for being slow with updates everyone! Been busy. sad

Also, not a single person has a better name for the guild? I guess I'll just stick it with the next thread I make so people can still have a chance at it...

shoki_de_nai

Mortella is no longer a moderator. I'm not even sure she's still in the guild. I don't think she left, but I never thought to check that.

Anyway, I was actually thinking of deleting the roleplay index purely because it wasn't used at all and most RP threads will take care of that content in the beginning or second post. It would also be a lot of effort to maintain it as it is. The better alternative would be to open it up for anyone to post that, but then you're separating content relating to the thread from the thread itself... I dunno. If there's interest in keeping it I can put it to vote.

Ask your mod thing seemed out of place for that spot. It almost seemed like something that belonged in the main forum and could cover everything. I was going to move it, but then it would need stickying and that didn't feel important enough for a sticky. I'm perfectly fine with users making threads asking rule questions, even if it is clutter. I'd more likely see it at least. sweatdrop

I need to update the Art section, yeah. I forgot about it after messing with the RP section. sad

I got some random things I gotta do anyway, like making a contest for the AFG identity and stuff.

I suppose the Index is a little unneeded currently as the RP subforum is not busy. I do think it'd be useful if the place was super active, but in the subforum's current state I can agree with the removal. The "ask your mod" thing was in theory good, if it were re-worded to something more role play specific. I think the intention was for people to ask her their role playing related questions.

D'you need help? This seems like an awful lot for one person, fabulous as you are.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:51 pm
shoki_de_nai
I suppose the Index is a little unneeded currently as the RP subforum is not busy. I do think it'd be useful if the place was super active, but in the subforum's current state I can agree with the removal. The "ask your mod" thing was in theory good, if it were re-worded to something more role play specific. I think the intention was for people to ask her their role playing related questions.

D'you need help? This seems like an awful lot for one person, fabulous as you are.

Aside from two other people to help keep any eye out for rule breakers, It's all solo work for me for the most part. sweatdrop
I pop on daily, but I don't have the time or energy during the week for much and the weekend is a little busy with stuff I didn't do during the week. :

I can definitely work on those things, but what would help are suggestions on what these threads should be about if they're kept. If no one wants them or would use them then there's no need to keep it. Just my philosophy for cleaning up the announcements and stickies.

Anyway, typing doesn't take much time and I can do it while watching YouTube clips or something. (Window resizing, it's like split screening but more cramp! biggrin )  

Garek Maxwell

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 pm
Garek Maxwell
shoki_de_nai

Aside from two other people to help keep any eye out for rule breakers, It's all solo work for me for the most part. sweatdrop
I pop on daily, but I don't have the time or energy during the week for much and the weekend is a little busy with stuff I didn't do during the week. :

I can definitely work on those things, but what would help are suggestions on what these threads should be about if they're kept. If no one wants them or would use them then there's no need to keep it. Just my philosophy for cleaning up the announcements and stickies.

Anyway, typing doesn't take much time and I can do it while watching YouTube clips or something. (Window resizing, it's like split screening but more cramp! biggrin )

So...no then?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:34 pm
shoki_de_nai
So...no then?

Sorry, I've been a little out of it mentally lately.

Yeah, I don't think I need help for carrying out these sorts of things, but ideas, tips, advice, or even what you'd prefer to be done are always welcome because that helps a LOT.

I'm not exactly a leader type, so "elections" and things are really my only method of making decisions without "doing it wrong" and pissing people off. sad  

Garek Maxwell

Zaerin Grey

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

17,100 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:33 am
I know this is a little old, but...

I just wanted to offer my support and help if it is needed. I know the guild has been a bit slow [I started coming back a week or two ago] and am of the same mind that it needs a little boost.

If you need items, gold, donateables for contests, general help or ideas, don't hesitate! Also, any violations that a site mod could handle that you wouldn't want to do yourself feel free to ask. I'm pretty good at telling people to knock something off. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:27 pm
Zaerin Grey
I know this is a little old, but...

I just wanted to offer my support and help if it is needed.

Oh, no, I've been meaning to update this thread but life's been a teensy bit more tiring than normal for some reason in combination with being busy. sweatdrop

And thanks a bunch Zaerin! I really appreciate it. Actually, if you want, I can make you a moderator for the guild. You don't have to be one or anything. I'm sure it's odd for me to just up and offer it out of the blue without consulting others, but you're a gaian mod. I doubt there would be opposition. razz

As far as gold or items or stuff, I don't think we'll be needing any at this time... but I'll keep it in mind. I've heard the guild has money too, so that may help.

I know it seems like the guild isn't the most active thing in the world right now, but I actually noticed a difference. I swear there's been more new blood joining lately than there ever has been since starting as a mod here and there's more activity than there was before...just a smidgen. It's exciting to me! sweatdrop  

Garek Maxwell

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces