• Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:31 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
one day I may invest in a transferable M16a1 just for the lower.

I know the ones made by sendra are usually the cheapest

still way too much money

the m16a1 uppers are s**t so you might just wanna get a different one..
the super thin profile barrels are NOT ideal for full auto firing, idk why they even bothered making it full auto if it could barely handle it.

a dedicated piston upper may have a different BCG that wont work with the m16 lower so you might wanna stay away from that (the gas key is replaced by a solid piece and it most likely wont be cut for an m16's FCG)

if you do get one just make sure it's compatible with the m16 BCG because it's stronger and it's cut differently to accommodate the selector and FCG

OR if the BCG that comes with it is already compatible.

your best option is to just go with any DI AR15 upper of your choosing, convert it to piston, and use your M16 bolt carrier group with it.

and save the m16a1 upper to pretty much trash and do magdumps with so you wont have to abuse your good upper
Anyway to save the grips and just change the barrel? I kind of want to keep the birdcage flash suppressor.

Also the Adams Arms piston conversion isn't an upper. It's a set of parts that fixes inside the DI tube. Might jam up like a HK416 for all I know.
to my knowledge it's not a birdcage. it's the 3 prong "weedgrabber" flash hider

i'd do alot of research of how to refit a barrel, and you're going to need the barrel wrench and all necessary tools for getting off the gas tube and all that junk.

you wont be able to re use the triangular handguard retainer as it only fit on the thin barrel, youll need to buy one that fits on the govt profile, hbar or whichever barrel you decide to get and the handguards should work with that.
la France makes custom uppers in short configurations which is what I want so ill get them to make me my very own m16k with a heavy barrel. Call me a kid but I'm a fan of sbrs.
alright, just know that 5.56 will not retain it's tumbling effect which is the key to it's effectiveness.

out of a short barrel your rounds will not have the velocity they need to tumble.

now if you had them make you an SBR upper in 5.45x39 you'll be golden.

5.45x39 will tumble no matter which length barrel you use.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:36 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

still way too much money

the super thin profile barrels are NOT ideal for full auto firing, idk why they even bothered making it full auto if it could barely handle it.

a dedicated piston upper may have a different BCG that wont work with the m16 lower so you might wanna stay away from that (the gas key is replaced by a solid piece and it most likely wont be cut for an m16's FCG)

if you do get one just make sure it's compatible with the m16 BCG because it's stronger and it's cut differently to accommodate the selector and FCG

your best option is to just go with any DI AR15 upper of your choosing, convert it to piston, and use your M16 bolt carrier group with it.

and save the m16a1 upper to pretty much trash and do magdumps with so you wont have to abuse your good upper
Anyway to save the grips and just change the barrel? I kind of want to keep the birdcage flash suppressor.

Also the Adams Arms piston conversion isn't an upper. It's a set of parts that fixes inside the DI tube. Might jam up like a HK416 for all I know.

i'd do alot of research of how to refit a barrel, and you're going to need the barrel wrench and all necessary tools for getting off the gas tube and all that junk.

you wont be able to re use the triangular handguard retainer as it only fit on the thin barrel, youll need to buy one that fits on the govt profile, hbar or whichever barrel you decide to get and the handguards should work with that.
la France makes custom uppers in short configurations which is what I want so ill get them to make me my very own m16k with a heavy barrel. Call me a kid but I'm a fan of sbrs.
alright, just know that 5.56 will not retain it's tumbling effect which is the key to it's effectiveness.

out of a short barrel your rounds will not have the velocity they need to tumble.

I might but I'm not sure if a 5.45mm will work in STANAG magazines because I was thinking of buying Magpul quad stack mags for it.

Also varmint grenades and that shitty military ball ammo fragment either way but soft points work better with a straight hit.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Awesomeness in a small package.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:20 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

still way too much money

I might but I'm not sure if a 5.45mm will work in STANAG magazines because I was thinking of buying Magpul quad stack mags for it.

Also varmint grenades and that shitty military ball ammo fragment either way but soft points work better with a straight hit.
that's if magpul ever releases them.

you can buy 30rd 5.45 magazines for 7 or 8 dollars each and they perform flawlessly. go on palmetto state armory's website and you'll find them under the AR mags section. look for C products mfg magazines.

softpoint .223 aint as great as HP 223. HP 223 aint as good as m855...but thats when using a proper full barrel length

5.45 7N6 outperforms all of them, the secret to it's success is the longer projectile and hollow bubble cavity in the front end causing the bullet to collapse sideways as soon as it hit's something because of the extra weight in the rear of it. it tumbles every time no matter the distance and no matter the barrel.. the russians studied our 5.56 and improved upon it's tumbling concept tenfold.

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:27 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

you can buy 30rd 5.45 magazines for 7 or 8 dollars each and they perform flawlessly. go on palmetto state armory's website and you'll find them under the AR mags section. look for C products mfg magazines.

softpoint .223 aint as great as HP 223. HP 223 aint as good as m855...but thats when using a proper full barrel length

5.45 7N6 outperforms all of them, the secret to it's success is the longer projectile and hollow bubble cavity in the front end causing the bullet to collapse sideways as soon as it hit's something because of the extra weight in the rear of it. it tumbles every time no matter the distance and no matter the barrel.. the russians studied our 5.56 and improved upon it's tumbling concept tenfold.

5.45mm is actually a rarity as I've come to find out. I've never seen a 5.45mm firearm in any gunshop or pawn shop I've ever set foot in. However I have found the ammo made by Remington (No surpirse there) in a tactical shop.

I seriously doubt the Soviets put that much planning in the 5.45mm round (reffer to 7.62x39mm) they probably just found that .22 caliber projectiles like the ones used in NATO firearms have better range potential than 7.62mm ammo (Save for 54R.) and made something similar to keep up with us westerners. The Soviets aren't all that innovative when it comes to firearm cartridges save maybe the Tokarev round but that was a Soviet copy of the C96 mauser round ballistically similar but not superior to the Mauser round.

Like the killing power of the 7.62x39mm and penetration into objects like wood, the Soviets just got lucky from being lazy.

I give them credit for firearm design just not ammunition desigh.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

5.45mm is actually a rarity as I've come to find out. I've never seen a 5.45mm firearm in any gunshop or pawn shop I've ever set foot in. However I have found the ammo made by Remington (No surpirse there) in a tactical shop.

I seriously doubt the Soviets put that much planning in the 5.45mm round (reffer to 7.62x39mm) they probably just found that .22 caliber projectiles like the ones used in NATO firearms have better range potential than 7.62mm ammo (Save for 54R.) and made something similar to keep up with us westerners. The Soviets aren't all that innovative when it comes to firearm cartridges save maybe the Tokarev round but that was a Soviet copy of the C96 mauser round ballistically similar but not superior to the Mauser round.

Like the killing power of the 7.62x39mm and penetration into objects like wood, the Soviets just got lucky from being lazy.

no no. the russians actually caught on to what the 5.56 round was capable of and they engineered it to be superior. they maximized it's killing potential by

they both have the very similar ballistics, only difference is the increased lethality of 5.45.

and no, 5.45 guns are not a rarity by any means. few are sold at local shops, and youre not likely going to find ammo there either.

5.45 is relatively new to the states and the majority of 5.45 ammo and weapons is sold online and shipped.

5.45x39 costs only half as much as 223/5.56 and it's sold by the can of 1,080 rounds

so for every 1000 rounds of 5.56 you could have bought 2160 rounds of 5.45 for the same price if not less.

or for every 500 rounds of 5.56 there could have been 1080 rounds of 5.45 shipped to your house.

when I had my AK74 I had so much ammo I didnt even know what to ******** do with. lol  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:59 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

no no. the russians actually caught on to what the 5.56 round was capable of and they engineered it to be superior. they maximized it's killing potential by

they both have the very similar ballistics, only difference is the increased lethality of 5.45.

and no, 5.45 guns are not a rarity by any means. few are sold at local shops, and youre not likely going to find ammo there either.

5.45 is relatively new to the states and the majority of 5.45 ammo and weapons is sold online and shipped.

5.45x39 costs only half as much as 223/5.56 and it's sold by the can of 1,080 rounds

so for every 1000 rounds of 5.56 you could have bought 2160 rounds of 5.45 for the same price if not less.

or for every 500 rounds of 5.56 there could have been 1080 rounds of 5.45 shipped to your house.

when I had my AK74 I had so much ammo I didnt even know what to ******** do with. lol
So the AK74 isn't a clob of s**t as I can see from the wound effects chart on images.

Oh build yourself a concrete wall and get yourself an automatic AK74 and just go apeshit.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:05 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

So the AK74 isn't a clob of s**t as I can see from the wound effects chart on images.

Oh build yourself a concrete wall and get yourself an automatic AK74 and just go apeshit.
or just buy a 400 dollar ak74 from centerfire systems and wait for slidefire solutions to release the AK version of their bumpfire stock xD  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:08 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

or just buy a 400 dollar ak74 from centerfire systems and wait for slidefire solutions to release the AK version of their bumpfire stock xD
What cheap American quick fix is this?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:09 am
one that doesnt cost thousands of dollars?

right now theres only a slidefire stock for the AR. but an AK version is coming by the end of the year or so  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:37 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Know any companies that sell a good A1 style upper? Or possibly a way to just buy a new barrel and replace the old one that smells of carrots and cheap 7.62mm corrossive propellant?
HAHAHAHA, THAT'S REALLY A THING? s**t, I thought that was just the one I shot. rofl

Quote:
Oh no, it REPLACES the DI tube. You have to remove the front sight/gas block and take out the DI tube, then replace both with the piston system. It's a decent chunk of work.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:42 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

still way too much money

You'll regret getting an HBAR. ******** are heavier than you think.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:46 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

still way too much money

On an SBR firing through 100 rounds from a Beta c it's a godsend.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:47 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
7.62x54 > 7.62x39 > 5.45x39

Anybody else notice that lazy bullshit? Just sayin'...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:48 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

still way too much money

On an SBR firing through 100 rounds from a Beta c it's a godsend.
Depends how far you're SBRing it, though. Also it should be noted that the shorter an AR barrel gets, the less reliable it is. It needs the delay given by a 20" barrel to function as designed.  
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff