Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!
The sucky voices of Naruto Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who has the worst voice?
  Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, or Kakashi
  Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji, or Asuma
  Kiba, Shino, Hinata, or Kurenai
  Lee, Tenten, Neji, or Gai
  Kankurou, Temari, or Gaara
  Iruka, Kabuto, Anko, Ibiki, or the 3rd Hokage
  Konohamaru, Moegi, or Udon (the little students who follow Naruto)
View Results

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:13 pm
I haven't seen the original, which explains why I like the English ones. I've seen a few voices in Japanese... and idk but the English ones aren't that bad... at least I don't think so sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:11 pm
And you're the only one who does...I only think Sasuke, Kakashi, and Rock Lee's voice is fine. Kinda. Everyone elses' is messed up. Naruto, Sakura, Tenten...TENTEN!!!! gonk crying Naruto especially. I always think the English Naruto is Australian for some reason. sweatdrop  

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:57 pm
Hmmm maybe I should watch the Japanese version razz  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:59 pm
Highly reccomended unless you want to stay hating all the characters you're not supposed to hate just because they have bad voices. Yes that does happen.  

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:01 pm
LOL the voices don't bother me razz  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:36 pm
ninja THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS. I've learned to tolerate most of the voices. I just hope Orochimaru's is good. I just heard Anko's voice. It is horrible! Where did they get these voice actors anyways? Are they bums from the street? I can't stand it! scream domokun  

Rakoga

keira_hazuki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:43 pm
anime_merrick
The English dubbing sucks in general....BELIEVE IT!!!

lmfao!!! i agree!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:39 pm
keira_hazuki
anime_merrick
The English dubbing sucks in general....BELIEVE IT!!!

lmfao!!! i agree!

Ahh...I'm going deaf...

I loathe that neaderthal (Or whatever) pathetic catch phrase. I think most people know how pitiful the voices in the dub are...

They made just about every single girl in the whole DUBBED series, sound like some kind of stupid preppy blondie...like Ino...she's the Master of them all...  

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

~Teh Surgeon~

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:25 pm
RAKOGA
ninja THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS. I've learned to tolerate most of the voices. I just hope Orochimaru's is good. I just heard Anko's voice. It is horrible! Where did they get these voice actors anyways? Are they bums from the street? I can't stand it! scream domokun

ANKO SOUNDS LIKE A NAVY OFFICER OR SOMEONE FROM THE ARMY!!! i bet orochimaru is gonna sound sooooo gay  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:24 am
I actually like the voices of Lee and Neji... alot!
eek whee

they sound like pretty boys!  

Reso Miso Soup

Unraveling

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:37 am
sakura's voice = gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:39 am
I hate gaara's english voice. Especially when he says to sake on episode 20 I think. It goes: saskue: whats your name? gaara: gaara , Gaara: I also want to know your name, and I want to fight you. saskue: I want to fight you too. Both of them inside: bye.

gaaras voice looks like this rofl and how can a voice look like something.....? I dont know!  

Hatake_gaiden

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:45 pm
Resolute Infliction
I actually like the voices of Lee and Neji... alot!
eek whee

they sound like pretty boys!

I actually have to agree with Lee's voice. Neji's is okay...But now it's kind of hard for people who watch the dub to know that Neji is a year older then Naruto and the rest of them. If they didn't know already...

Pretty boys XD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:09 pm
JhonnyRaincloud
And you're the only one who does...I only think Sasuke, Kakashi, and Rock Lee's voice is fine. Kinda. Everyone elses' is messed up. Naruto, Sakura, Tenten...TENTEN!!!! gonk crying Naruto especially. I always think the English Naruto is Australian for some reason. sweatdrop
ahem, i happen to like the dub and i have seen many episodes of the subbed(i don't watch that many fillers because they're pointless) and although i agree with you all somewhat that the dubbed should undergo a few improvements it doesn't mean that it's horrible i mean if you guys don't like it then leave it at that and quit bitchin over it so much, the reason the voices sound different is because they want to stick close to the original but they still want to make it their own so they choose which voices they like, but they also want the voices to sound close to the originals of course that is impossible since the originals are japanese, so i would be very happy if you would all stop bitchin about the dubbed version of naruto because if you don't like it then you can just get your a** up and not watch it or you can even *gasp* change the ******** channel, and yes this is a rant of some sort because im tired of all the people that come to the naruto dubbed version subforum to talk about how much they hate it.....it's completely idiotic  

Historical

The Tao of Maple Syrup

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:57 am
RAKOGA
Naruto- His voice is not the greatest. It's tolerable, but after hearing "Believe it!" so many times, it gets old.

True, it is tolerable. And yes, it does get tiresome when Naruto says believe it.

RAKOGA
Iruka- His voice is okay, but like Naruto's, you can't tolerate for very long. To me, his voice can be whiney.

I disagree with this one. I thought his voice sounded pretty good compared to some others. He's rarely featured in the dubbed episodes for now, so how can it be tiresome?

RAKOGA
Lee- His voice sounds to much like Neji's. In the Japanese version, his voice was much better.

Maybe in the beginning, but not so much anymore. In the last episode, Lee and Neji sounded completely different. Lee does sound better in the sub, that's for sure. And this isn't just a bias because Lee is my favourite character.

RAKOGA
Tenten- Her voice sounds too much like Temari's, like an older woman.

Sound's like Temari's? Tenten has a higher voice than her. Listen to the two.

RAKOGA
Gai- His voice is just unbearable. He sounds like he's from another decade. I think he sounds like a gay game show host.

I completely agree with you on this one.

RAKOGA
Kankurou- His voice is too high for a guy. It may get better, but I will have to see.

You're partly right. His voice is a bit unbearable.

RAKOGA
Temari- Like others have said, her voice is too much like a woman's voice. She sounds older than she is.

True, it's a bit too old for a what, 15 year-old, maybe?

RAKOGA
Shikamaru- One, I hate the way people say his name. Two, his voice isn't lazy enough. Plus, HE DOESN'T SAY TROUBLESOME!

What are you trying to get at with "his voice isn't lazy enough"? He sounds lazy to me. And what does not saying troublesome have to do with his voice?

RAKOGA
Chouji- His voice is annoying. It just doesn't sound right.

Yes, it makes him sound like an 8 year old schoolyard bully.

RAKOGA
Kiba- OH MY GOD! I HATE HIS VOICE! Even though he's my favorite male character, the voice is the worst thing I have ever heard.

This is an example of bias. Because he's your favourite character, you make him sound like Kiba's voice actor did a horrible job. His voice in the show is far from the worst.

RAKOGA
Shino- His voice sounds okay, but it still isn't what it could be. It's a bit high-pitched for him.

High-pitched?? Have you actually heard him talk???

RAKOGA
Kabuto- His voice is too wierd. It sounds wrong.

How is it weird or wrong? It sounds fine to me.

Conclusion: You are a sub watcher. I'll tell you now, when I first started watching Naruto, I was watching the dub before the sub. I didn't mind the dub because I had never seen Naruto episodes in Japanese. So, that's my opinion.  
Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games