Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 pm
*Ignoring Turel now*

I was thinking insidious, but that's fairly new and I don't want to review it and spoil it for some of you who haven't seen it yet.

Maybe I'll look at something a bit older...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:35 am

REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA

REVIEW REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA.

DO IT.

DO IT DO IT DO IT

ArkRaptor
Crew

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:42 pm
I guess I'm reviewing Repo next~  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 pm
I have a whole list of movies that I need to know if they are good or not, if you ever need suggestions.  

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:58 pm
Alight, if they're horror, send 'em on my way~  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:22 pm
Let's see, most of them are older but,
1) The Mummy (series)
2) Ghost Machine
3) No Country For Old Men (wiki calls it horror I guess)
4) Human Centipede  

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:04 pm
Oh, my main loves the mummy series

She's seen No Country for Old Men, so she can reveiw that to, she'll probably watch it again since she can borrow it from a friend

She's heard of human centipede but never watched it

Ghost Machine sounds familiar, she doesn't think she's seen it but she'll look it up.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:58 pm
Here's my list,

1. Shutter Island.
2. Ginger Snaps
3. Legend (not I am Legend)
4. Labyrinth
5. Pan's Labyrinth  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:39 pm
Jim Henson's Labyrinth is considered horror?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:39 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Jim Henson's Labyrinth is considered horror?

Thought reviews were for horror/fantasy/science fiction.  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:54 am
Hmm, let's see...

I thought Constantine was pretty good.
Dogma is rather amusing.
The new Sparticus Blood and Sand was quite good too.
Soloman Kane was entertaining, but FULL of historical inconsistencies.

That's all I can think of for now! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:06 pm
Sorry for being late.

@ Hatter - I've seen all those movies except for Legend. Like Turel said, Labyrinth isn't really a horror -- unless you spend the whole movie staring at David Bowie's crotch...

I shall probably review everything else you suggested, though

@ Tabby - I've only seen Constantine and Dogma, but its beend quite awhile since I've seen Dogma. I'll review Constantine and if I can find Dogma somewhere, I'll review that, too  

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:20 pm
*awaits the reviews*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:12 pm
As per request, today I shall be reviewing Repo! The Genetic Opera. Repo is a 2008 a horror rock opera musical. In all honesty, I had some qualms about seeing it. For one, I'm not a big fan of musicals, save for a few exceptions, like Rocky Horror Picture Show and Greese.

However, when I saw the trailer and saw that it was a Lion's Gate and Twisted Pictures film and was directed by the same man who directed Saw II and Saw III, well, I actually got pretty excited. In my opinion, they also picked the perfect song to go with the trailer. We Started this Op'ra Sh*t is one of my favourite songs from the movie and its just so -- well, catchy isn't the word, more like infectious; I had it stuck in my head right up until I saw the movie a few weeks later. It gives you a good feel for the movie and what you'll be seeing. Of course, after that, I had to see it.

The Opening of the movie uses comic style panels to explain the story. In the middle of the 21st century, mankind is experiencing a world wide organ failure pandemic. Not to fear, though, because GeneCo comes in with a solution! Organ transplants. However, this transplants don't come free and if the client misses one payment, a repo man will come and break their leg benders take the organ from them.

My main was just about to make a distasteful joke about Canada getting free health care, but don't worry, I stopped her. I'll keep a gag of her fro the rest of the review.

The movie stars Anthony Head (Giles from Buffy, as most know him better) as Nathan Wallace - tormented doctor turned repo man who believes he has killed his own wife. He manages to save their daughter Shilo while she's still in the womb by preforming a emergency c-section. However, unfortunately, it appears that Shilo has contracted the same disease that would have done in her mother had the procedure to cure her had not gone horribly wrong. For the next seventeen years of her life her father keeps her inside, hidden from the world while he looks for a cure for her and preforms repossessions on the side for his Boss, Rotti Largo, the founder of GeneCo.

But all isn't what it seems...

This isn't spoilers (So don't get uppity with me!) since Rotti Reveals at the beginning of the movie that he was the one that messed with the cure Nathan made that ultimately killed his wife. It turns out that Rotti was in love with Marni as well and instead of letting his friend Nathan have her, he decided he would rather have her killed.

Seventeen years hence is when the movie begins. Rotti discovers he is terminally ill and ironically, in spite of owning the most powerful medical corporation in the world, there is no help for him and he will die soon.

While he does have three children of his own to inherit his company, he makes it quite clear that they're a bunch of useless boobs and shall get nothing. I really don't blame him, one of his kids is Paris Hilton... oh, and the other two are psychotic murderers/rapists, but who cares about that - Paris Hilton! Ew!

There's plenty of other interesting and notable characters in the movie, far too many to mention, but with them along with the great scenes and memorable songs, I gave this movie two cloven thumbs up. I definitely recommend watching this movie if you already haven't. However, if you're particularly squeamish and don't like watching surgery, this might not be the best thing for you to watch. My mun hates to admit, but even a few scenes wincing. It might just be her, though, she even winced when a certain someone who's name I will not mention sliced open Janos's rib cage and ripped out his heart. She just seems squeamish in general to gore.

I'm sure you guys deal much better with this sort of thing, though, as you all strike me as being not quite right in the head User Image and I say that with love

Anyway, not my best, but this is it for this review. Next time, I shall be reviewing the Mummy Trilogy with a little help from a special guest~  

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:41 pm
: D YAY. Razzles got in a review.  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum