Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!
How do you spell Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hyuuga or Hyuga
  Hyuuga
  Hyuga
  Fix the dubbed naruto
View Results

Kai Hyuga

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:54 pm
I am pretty sure that it can be spelled both ways as well, Hyuga or Hyuuga, whatever, and I am pretty sure it is Gai as well.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:24 am
They write it Hyuuga because it's a long vowel blaugh  

churrlo

Mirrored Reflection

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:26 pm
Purple dragon lady
xxrokixx
i think its hyuga but in the un-translated version in the sub titles it says Hyuuga.....yeah i've always been confused about that to...(RANDOM: and do you spell his name Might Guy or Mite Gui i've seen it both ways)

I think its Gai.

Officially It's Might Guy. According to Japanese transliteration, it becomes Maito Gai. However, if you were also to transliterate Lee's name in the same way, you'd probably still call him Lee, however according to "the correct Japanization" you guys would be calling him "Rokku Rī". However, you're not, so his name is indefinitely Might Guy.
And while I'm here, you're both wrong. It's Hyūga, with the circumflex. However, according to the laws of transliteration, it's Hyuga. Although in fandom, to many people it's Hyuuga, because the circumflex is usually read as an extra vowel, as in Winrī (character in FMA) or Kōichi Tōchika (Neji's seiyuu). Just trying to clear things up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:51 pm
i think hyuuga
but ive seen it both ways.
both are right? whee  

The World Within

Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games