Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:57 am
Fresnel
Kill Em All Incorporated
Fresnel
Kill Em All Incorporated
Fresnel
Kill Em All Incorporated
I wouldn't know because I'm not into tacticool accessories.
There's a line between practical and tacticool. If civilian statistics follow police statistics (which they may or may not, I won't pretend), then 60% of all firearms self-defense situations happen in the dark, and shooting in the dark without a light lowers hit ratios 30%.

ETA: Also, I've heard first-hand accounts that a strobing weaponlight in a dark corridor destroys, if you can believe it, depth and distance perception, equilibrium, and hearing. Just the light will ******** you up bad enough to put you out of the fight.
I generally don't like lights because it ******** with the ease of carry.
Depends on your carry style. I've seen both holsters that allow lights, and holsters for lights. Personally, I would not be adverse to trying a holster built for a mounted light.

'Course, it'd have to be winter. But I'd mount it on my home defense gun, personally. Handgun lights are extremely versatile in that they can be mounted effectively on any weapon, so whatever I chose to defend my home with, the light would fit it.
My ideal carry has my gun holstered in a waistband sleeve and the holsters are usually contoured to whatever specific gun one decides to carry.

Though I have to go with Recon, flashlight in weak hand, gun in the strong hand.
Not quite sure what you mean... a holster like this one?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Close enough.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:07 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Kill Em All Incorporated
Fresnel
Kill Em All Incorporated
Fresnel
Kill Em All Incorporated
I wouldn't know because I'm not into tacticool accessories.
There's a line between practical and tacticool. If civilian statistics follow police statistics (which they may or may not, I won't pretend), then 60% of all firearms self-defense situations happen in the dark, and shooting in the dark without a light lowers hit ratios 30%.

ETA: Also, I've heard first-hand accounts that a strobing weaponlight in a dark corridor destroys, if you can believe it, depth and distance perception, equilibrium, and hearing. Just the light will ******** you up bad enough to put you out of the fight.
I generally don't like lights because it ******** with the ease of carry.
Depends on your carry style. I've seen both holsters that allow lights, and holsters for lights. Personally, I would not be adverse to trying a holster built for a mounted light.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

'Course, it'd have to be winter. But I'd mount it on my home defense gun, personally. Handgun lights are extremely versatile in that they can be mounted effectively on any weapon, so whatever I chose to defend my home with, the light would fit it.
My ideal carry has my gun holstered in a waistband sleeve and the holsters are usually contoured to whatever specific gun one decides to carry.

Though I have to go with Recon, flashlight in weak hand, gun in the strong hand.

well theres the limited choice in holsters if you do mount a light,

second part of it is that not all carry guns are going to even accept a flashlight.

third is that added bulk to the gun isnt desireable to some folks.

and just by personal preference I like to be able to carry a gun that doesnt have extra bulk, and can use all the holsters available for it, and even if I wanted to mount a light on my G26 I cant because it wont accept one.

but thats for carry. maybe during a SHTF era in the near future I may actually need to carry around a full size combat pistol with extras
Exactly.  

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:00 am
Wait, now that I think of it the only handgun you own that I know of is your glock. Didn't you say you couldn't mount a light on it because the mount keeps falling off?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:49 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Wait, now that I think of it the only handgun you own that I know of is your glock. Didn't you say you couldn't mount a light on it because the mount keeps falling off?
you mean fres?

his glock has a rail.

my 26 is compact so theres really no room for a light so therefore a rail wasnt built on it.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:09 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
you mean fres?

his glock has a rail.

my 26 is compact so theres really no room for a light so therefore a rail wasnt built on it.
Yeah I meant Fres. I specifically remember him saying it wouldn't stay on. I forget if it was the rail itself or the mount, but he told me that it wasn't going to work.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:17 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
you mean fres?

his glock has a rail.

Yeah I meant Fres. I specifically remember him saying it wouldn't stay on. I forget if it was the rail itself or the mount, but he told me that it wasn't going to work.
No, it's just the one accessory that has a shitty securing system on it. It's only held on by a corner, and one good shock can cut the plastic and allow the thing to slide off at will, usually coming off while you're shooting. Lights generally have better mounts that are less prone to being pieces of s**t.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
you mean fres?

his glock has a rail.

No, it's just the one accessory that has a shitty securing system on it. It's only held on by a corner, and one good shock can cut the plastic and allow the thing to slide off at will, usually coming off while you're shooting. Lights generally have better mounts that are less prone to being pieces of s**t.
Oh ok.  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces