Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Hellhound Demon, Uru'baen (ready) ACCEPTED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 am
Some crits for yas~ I like him, but as I mentioned in another crit I did earlier this morning, I think that a lot of your personality trait items infer more than they actually say. Which means to me that there's potential, and that you can delve deeper into these traits to make your character more concrete and solid!

For example: his emphasis on physical strength/power suggests to me that he values hard work, and items/power/etc. that are earned through hard work (maybe even through fighting? spoils of battle?) than through just buying or conniving something. Also, as an outgrowth of that, I can see him being very blunt, very straightforward in his actions and his speech. Not saying my interpretation is correct! Because it might not be! But your profile as it is now suggests those things. I would recommend digging deeper, saying more specifics and fleshing him out further, using what you already have as a foundation.

Also, side note: Cold being something to ward off others doesn't make total sense in Halloween, FYI: there are frost demons/ice dragons etc., and undead and ghosts are cold by nature. So... him viewing his cold body as a subconscious defense against others doesn't seem to fit, given that at least 2/5ths of the races in Halloween don't give a s**t about cold. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:20 am
Sosiqui
I am liking this suggestion. I generally think my characters tend to be one sided (or generally flat), because I tend to focus more on the surface of what can be tapped. However, I don't want to tap too much so he has room to grow through development.

If he finds out that something that intrigues him was bought, he will likely lose interest in it. He can be very blunt and straightforward, more like to say things at the wrong time and place. He can be rash when he is wounded up, probably throw a punch at anyone who he feels could potentially irk him (or he knows said person has that streak to push his buttons). I want to write a lot for him in his journal when that time comes, I already feel what I have here is a lot... o xo

Yes, I realized that a while ago XD So I guess I should just leave it as a trace of his aspect of death and his FEAR. Cold might not put off others, but burning might.

Personally, I feel that he is fleshed out enough as far as customs go, but his wardrobe designs will be my main focus for the coming weeks and I'll give his personality a once over too. Maybe his clothes will make the man XD;  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:23 am
bump - updated some minor things to delve deeper into character and wardrobe design.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:00 pm
bump so i can find it again x_x  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:35 pm
<33 Just a quick heads up since it seems that this wasn't set up when you first started this quest: the dice mechanics for FEAR can be found here! C: There are different categories, so you'll have to pick one that best suits what you have written out for your boy/or tweak things so they fit. E.g. if he could create a shield of fire, for example, to defend himself, that would fit under "The Barrier" mechanic!

<33 I'll give your quest a more thorough read through after my final tomorrow! C:  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:08 pm
Kaiyumi
<33 Just a quick heads up since it seems that this wasn't set up when you first started this quest: the dice mechanics for FEAR can be found here! C: There are different categories, so you'll have to pick one that best suits what you have written out for your boy/or tweak things so they fit. E.g. if he could create a shield of fire, for example, to defend himself, that would fit under "The Barrier" mechanic!

<33 I'll give your quest a more thorough read through after my final tomorrow! C:
I was thinking what category his fear would belong under. Though it does form a ring, the attack itself is the burst of fires he sends when he punches through it. gonk I'd imagine him fighting like a boxer.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:17 am
PhiferWolf

C: Mmmm, so it's an offensive move, then? As it is right now @ your description, I think Battle Cry might be the closest? There's also Gambler's Chance (but your attack would have to have a chance for recoil somehow) or Swift Strikes (which is more for rapid attacks in succession or a wide-range attack)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:06 pm
Kaiyumi
PhiferWolf

C: Mmmm, so it's an offensive move, then? As it is right now @ your description, I think Battle Cry might be the closest? There's also Gambler's Chance (but your attack would have to have a chance for recoil somehow) or Swift Strikes (which is more for rapid attacks in succession or a wide-range attack)

Doodle of it (my niece wanted a smile face)

Battle Cry is the norm, an attack. A Gambler's Chance is for recoil, which I have contemplated, but I don't know if it would be characteristic if his own wisp would burn him nor do I think it would deal noteable amounts of damage if the roll was in my favor. I think Swift Strike is more up his alley, being able to throw a one-two combo or two before depletion sounds fair.

Thanks! heart  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:15 pm
heart

*swallows and readies* Good luck, fella D:  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:46 pm
GET INSIDE YOUR CHARACTER'S HEAD!
aka
The Excessively Detailed Headcanon Meme

1: What does their bedroom look like? A simple room, a dresser against the wall beside a bed with a night side table. A lone journal sits upon the night side table and a rather fancy lamp. A red curtain window against the far wall with a table and chair. The floor is oak hardwood, clean and dust free. A closet door on the opposite wall of the bed. Upon each corner of the room are four beddings with special symbols on them. Lastly, a simple brown rug sprawled across the floor in the center of the room.

2: Do they have any daily rituals? Wake up in the morning, get dressed in outdoor clothes and store away Aster. Go for a morning job before returning for brief workout and shower. Dress and get on with the day!

3: Do they exercise, and if so, what do they do? How often? Everyday. Jog, squats, pushups, sit ups, chase tail, and some punch bag routines.

4: What would they do if they needed to make dinner but the kitchen was busy? Sandwich. Or he'd take himself out to the town and explore a bit.

5: Cleanliness habits (personal, workspace, etc.) He cleans his room on a monthly basis when he feels like it. Laundry every Wednesday. Other than that, anything could be a mess.

6: Eating habits and sample daily menu Three large meals and anything he can put into his mouth every two hours.
Grain Breakfast Cereal, fruit, two glasses of water.
Four sandwiches, two glasses of water, dessert.
Steak, veggies, and glasses of water.

7: Favorite way to waste time and feelings surrounding wasting time Cataloging. Gym. Not a waste of time, as he is generally productive.

8: Favorite indulgence and feelings surrounding indulging Smoking Fang-snare. A waste of time and proves nothing but calming him down, clearing his mind.

9: Makeup? Uh... no.

10: Neuroses? Do they recognize them as such? Not that he is aware of.

11: Intellectual pursuits? How to control and better his fear. There is more power in his body, he just has to find it...

12: Favorite book genre? Fantasy, particularly something with a strong hero.

13: Sexual Orientation? And, regardless of own orientation, thoughts on sexual orientation in general? Curious, he can find people interesting. Though he hasn't dated or been around anyone his age for intimate reasons, so it's new waters for him.

14: Physical abnormalities? (Both visible and not, including injuries/disabilities, long-term illnesses, food-intolerances, etc.) Nothing that he'd admit to.

15: Biggest and smallest short term goal? Get stronger, find power, and control it.

16: Biggest and smallest long term goal? Turn the family in a new direction.

17: Preferred mode of dress and rituals surrounding dress Semi-dress/work out pants that he ties up at his knees. White tank top and custom designed button down shirt.

18: Favorite beverage? Water.

19: What do they think about before falling asleep at night? The sounds of what goes on outside, the fuzziness that surrounds him, and his scarf.

20: Childhood illnesses? Any interesting stories behind them? N/A

21: Turn-ons? Turn-offs?

Dislikes:
Most other demons who use wealth and blackmail and trickery.
That little button above his tail to keep his pants up...
Losing... but he ain't a sore loser.
Cold weather, he'd sooner be outside than the warm indoors.
Storms, they fascinate him, especially when accompanied by rain.
Undead, bones. Need I say more?
Praises.
His helm.
Working out, yes, something he particularly loves to the extreme.
Small things.
HIS SCARF. Screw the bed, he will sleep happily curled up in the thing.

22: Given a blank piece of paper, a pencil, and nothing to do, what would happen? Uru would stare at it, at the person, then back at the piece of paper. "WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THIS!?" *writes his name and doodles his emblem* >_>

23: How organized are they? How does this organization/disorganization manifest in their everyday life? The only thing organized about him is how he dresses, most things elsewhere is a mess for him. He does keep his clean clothes put away and keeps the room relatively clean for those who live in it.

24: Is there one subject of study that they excel at? Or do they even care about intellectual pursuits at all? He actually doesn't do too well in school unless there is something hands on he can do.

25: How do they see themselves 5 years from today? Mastery over his powers and the new head of his family with its members under his command.

26: Do they have any plans for the future? Any contingency plans if things don’t workout? Keep working at the 5 year plan...

27: What is their biggest regret? None. Never live with regrets.

28: Who do they see as their best friend? Their worst enemy? No one yet and his family >:C

29: Reaction to sudden extrapersonal disaster (eg The house is on fire! What do they do?) "It was a fancy house... they'll just cheat for another..."

30: Reaction to sudden intrapersonal disaster (eg close family member suddenly dies) There with some brief grieving, but he'll simply move on.

31: Most prized possession? Scarf!

32: Thoughts on material possessions in general? If it's important, then it is important. If it was worth stealing, then it is worth getting back.

33: Concept of home and family? Home is where one feels safe. Family is with whom you can trust.

34: Thoughts on privacy? (Are they a private person, or are they prone to ‘TMI’?) Nope, if he is comfortable with you, you better get used to seeing him topless. Among other things. Access to his room is achievement on its own!

35: What activities do they enjoy, but consider to be a waste of time? Cataloging. What is he cataloging? ... Should ask him.

36: What makes them feel guilty? When he makes someone cry.

37: Are they more analytical or more emotional in their decision-making? a mixture of both!

38: What recharges them when they’re feeling drained? Water and some encouragement from his friends.

39: Would you say that they have a superiority-complex? Inferiority-complex? Neither?
40: How misanthropic are they? Quite. He had a run in once before, that was enough to sow a seed of dislike.

41: Hobbies? Cataloging and working out.

42: How far did they get in formal education? What are their views on formal education vs self-education? He is at the freshman level of education before his tutors refused to teach him. He prefers self-education over formal unless the latter has some hands on experiences.

43: Religion? A what?...

44: Superstitions or views on the occult? Not very superstitious.

45: Do they express their thoughts through words or deeds? Deeds over words.

46: If they were to fall in love, who (or what) is their ideal? He hasn't figured that part out yet...

47: How do they express love? Deed. Protection. Licks. Nuzzles. Tail wagging.

48: If this person were to get into a fist fight, what is their fighting style like? Kick Boxing. Heavily relying on boxing.

49: Is this person afraid of dying? Why or why not? Not particularly no.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:43 pm
The Seven Kings
Meta Event
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Silver Kingdom - Pre-fall - 1 2 3 4 5

The Black Kingdom - Pre-fall - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The Abandoned Silver Tower - 1 2 3 4

Beneath the Silver Tower - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Black Kingdom - Fallen - 1 2 3 4

The Great Battlefield (WEST) - 1 2 3 4 5

The Tower of the Voice
Base - 1 2 3
F1 - 1 2 3 4 5 6
F2 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
F3 - 1 2

PhiferWolf
[[ I just wanted to post this since he never died. Like ever. Silver forever! ]]

Pain. Unmistakeable pain. As if a fire had set his chest aflame, the sensation racing through each and every one of his nerves, the fiber of his being. Grasping at his chest he let loose a silent scream, no noise escaped his throat. Thousands of needles pricked and penetrated his skin, his clothes becoming nothing but air to the thin tips that poked. One by one the needles released, taking a piece of him away and yet he remained whole. The humming in his ears became a high buzz that drowned out everything, blurring his vision and altering his equilibrium. Balance was nothing. Air refused entry into the chaotic shrine of his body, the maelstrom of pain and anguish, sorrow and loneliness. The gleam of his eyes slowly - ever so slowly - fading into the darkness of his pupils. The once vibrant blue became as dark as the blackest night of winter, swallowing the light into the abyss. The fluorescent yellow - as bright and warm as the sun itself - eclipsed into nothing. The affliction became worse within seconds, but to the suffering Silver, it felt like it had been hours as the pangs seem to rupture his once noble body.

The Silver groaned, clasping his chest as if the fire inside had began to burn through his rippled chest. Cuts felt as if they had been cauterized. Bruises and aches felt as if ice had frozen them solid - frostbitten. His legs convulsed and shook, collapsing his weight to the ground. The five bottles of alcohol he had hoped to barter on Market Day shattered within his pack, the liquid content seeping through the pores of the pack. The boy laid there, his lightless eyes looking up into the empty sky. The heaving of his chest slowed with each escaping breath like the fleeing Silvers on that fateful day. The life of the Silver Kingdom escaping from it.

Upon his chest, a black envelope, damp with sweat and blood, and yet the letters remained fine and precise as they were written. A letter from the man who gave him shelter, his kingdom who gave him companions.

Aymet
Wandering Shadow Uru, of the Silver Kingdom,

By now you must have come to understand our ways, our purpose, our plight. The Voice has shown me a grave vision of the future, and should it come to pass, I must make a request of you. You must avenge my kingdom if it falls, like your home of silver before it. Garbed in grey, acquaintance of all kingdoms, you may pass unnoticed anywhere you go. Use this to your advantage, move close to the other Kings that you may strike at their hearts and bring them to ruin. Then and only then will you bring honor to our kingdoms lost.

Uru'baen closed his eyes, escaping the decaying psyche of his mind to the far recesses, the safest recesses. The last of his mind. Music.

He was back in his home again. The Silver Tower standing tall against a sea of trees upon a blue horizon. The shuffling and mingling of the marketplace below the tower. The busy hallways of the winding tower adding to the ambiance of the kingdom's music. The Fifth Floor Bar, active in the day just as it was at night. The patrons enjoying one another's company, the smoke was thin this day. The bartender cleaning the bar as his assistant and friend tended to clean the recently washed mugs. Humble waiters tending to the joyful, happy men of the Silver Kingdom. Then there was him, the young pianist who played day and night for his kingdom. Soft and melodious music echoed throughout the floor of the tower, blanketing the denizens with a muse. The music and laughter, the clang of cups and ale splashing to the ground, the sliding of mugs and the exchanging of coins, the din of the marketplace and the steps upon the walkways. This was his music. This was his life.

"Sorry, Maple. I wanted to race you..."

With a final heave of his chest, the envelope falls from his chest into the damp ground as a single object slips from inside. A card.

Death

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 am
Frostbite and Bün-mundy

User Image

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 pm
changed a few things. Took away his wisp and rounded out his character a bit more.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:48 pm
2spooky showin up rite now

I'll cover approval stuff for now as it's a lot more important atm

"As a dominant trait among the hellhound bloodline in his family, he takes upon an aspect of death that is the coldness that comes with the domain. Because of this, his body is cold to the touch as if an aura is in place. In actuality, he is a warm person, his warmth is felt when someone has become trusted or liked. Touching him displays warmth, even dispelling the cold around him for that person."

This runs into extra abilities which are not 'givens' to the species of hellhounds, (Portrayed as fire based creatures). Since they don't fall into given racial/species abilities, you'll need to remove these extra bits. (Not the fact he's a warm person but the whole cold aura deal).

Also- Please explain why he has a connection with bones and the like. As far as physical looks go, bones and such lean more towards undead or monster.

While not limiting this is something to be aware of
" His powers are from his mother's side of the family. His father's side were of a shadow hellhound bloodline.
- The sclera become black when his powers are active, denoting his father's lineage yet he has not developed any shadow abilities. Also a blue ring collar appears around his shackle as well."
Halloweeners ONLY take after 1 parent in terms of powers/species/race. Just making sure aware.

Hist reason is at odds with history. He was from a wealthy family and taught his whole life -Why would a woman refuse to marry him? You also say MID teens in history, yet marriage would be.. 18. Fleash this out into one cohesive part and try adding ages/time relatives. IE When he was 7, two years later etc etc.

FEAR attacks are not effected by environment unless GM prompt says otherwise. FEAR attacks also do not last for posts. They are shortk, fast, released of condensed FEAR.
"Though the residents of Halloween are quite familiar with cold, they should certainly be afraid of something that has the appearance of fire and something that certainly feels like fire once it catches. What's more when ice begins to form over the burn... It appears as fire, but the effect is freezing/frost." This isn't the effect of Battle Cry. Battle Cry is like a punch with force. That's all it does. It hits a thing. Both Y1 and Y2 FEARS as described, don't match the attack of Battle Cry and are doing more than allowed. Again, FEAR attacks are fast and short.
Overall, The FEAR portion needs to be fleshed/refined. It seems like you want less an attack as something that hinders, so a FEAR ability to pick would be Tainted fang. I think with the idea that FEAR abilities are short/fast will def help you get on the right track.

Appearance wise- The MAX height is seven foot. Minor, but worthy of note.
The scars and such don't really match history either, so if such thing can be explained in the history that would help.
And...idk what human tone is. Since skin tone varies by a lot. XD

PERSONALLY
With the bone/cool/blue theme I don't think so much a demon hellhound as an undead, ghost, or monster (in that order). Wisps are considered along the lines of familiars 90% of the time so that might not work, (the only exceptions I've seen being those where foxfire/wisps are species related/ghosts). While this might not matter to you so much as it's just personal opinion, it can be a thing to consider.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items