Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Moon Phases and what they mean Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:06 pm
Katefox Tarnagona
KathrinGreenwood
I'm not in a Coven and I don't know where to find one in a city that's surrounded by hypocritical Christians and people who view Wicca a satanic religion. That's why I asked here.

Hi. This may seem nitpicky, and not exactly relevant to the topic at hand, but must you always preface "Christians" with "hypocritical"? To say that all Christians are hypocritical is rather an unfair generalisation, and it's making me a bit uncomfortable because even when I was a Christian, I did my best to be open-minded and not hypocritical, and I know there are other Christians who are likewise. So, uh, just a bit of a head's up, yeah? sweatdrop

That was my fault. The people that I'm surrounded by, meaning my uncle and my husbands family (that's all over the US) are hypocritical. My uncle is a little more understanding than most, but he still doesn't like it and constantly does things that he says he shouldn't. My husbands family on the other hand..... they are the most extremely hypocritical Christians that I've ever met. They literally are the hardest people to be around. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was referring to EVERY Christian.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:08 pm
KathrinGreenwood
I'm not in a Coven and I don't know where to find one in a city that's surrounded by hypocritical Christians and people who view Wicca a satanic religion. That's why I asked here.

Katefox makes a good point about insulting people based on their religion- but if you're looking for a coven be ready to travel. 3nodding There are covens in my area- but I drive half the day to study with mine.

Also- if you're looking to find a coven, try looking at Witchvox for groups, then cross reference them on Amber and Jet or a similar group.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:13 pm
That's why I explained myself. I honestly didn't mean for it to sound like I was bashing EVERY Christian. I meant it as the ones that are around me. I didn't mean to offend and I am sorry.

And I have no means of travel right now. I've got less than half a tank of gas, 19 bucks and no job to get more money any time soon. I wish there were a such thing as online Covens, but I can see how that would be impossible.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:57 am
KathrinGreenwood
And I have no means of travel right now. I've got less than half a tank of gas, 19 bucks and no job to get more money any time soon. I wish there were a such thing as online Covens, but I can see how that would be impossible.
Not trying to draw you away from Wicca but that's the same problem I had and one of the reasons I stopped seeking it. What is it about Wicca that calls to you?  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:58 am
KathrinGreenwood

One of the things about Wicca is that it requires a person to be in a relatively stable place in their life physically, mentally, and emotionally. It's hard, as you've noted, to really Seek when you're unbalanced in some way. Incidentally, this also has a tendency to make Wiccan covens older, rather than younger - while covens are generally open to anyone over 18, it's rare that a person in their early adulthood has the stability nescessary for Wicca.

Wicca isn't going anywhere, really. It will still be around when you're in a better position to actively Seek it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:14 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
KathrinGreenwood
Not trying to draw you away from Wicca but that's the same problem I had and one of the reasons I stopped seeking it. What is it about Wicca that calls to you?

To add to the "not trying to draw you away from Wicca" thing, there's nothing as says you can practise only Wicca. Kathrin, you can look into Neo-Paganism generally, and into other religions that interest you, until you've reached a point where Wicca is something you can actively seek. There's a lot to learn, and a lot to explore biggrin  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:19 am
Sanguina Cruenta
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
KathrinGreenwood

To add to the "not trying to draw you away from Wicca" thing, there's nothing as says you can practise only Wicca. Kathrin, you can look into Neo-Paganism generally, and into other religions that interest you, until you've reached a point where Wicca is something you can actively seek. There's a lot to learn, and a lot to explore biggrin
sweatdrop I keep forgetting that part. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:26 am
KathrinGreenwood
Katefox Tarnagona
KathrinGreenwood

Hi. This may seem nitpicky, and not exactly relevant to the topic at hand, but must you always preface "Christians" with "hypocritical"? To say that all Christians are hypocritical is rather an unfair generalisation, and it's making me a bit uncomfortable because even when I was a Christian, I did my best to be open-minded and not hypocritical, and I know there are other Christians who are likewise. So, uh, just a bit of a head's up, yeah? sweatdrop

That was my fault. The people that I'm surrounded by, meaning my uncle and my husbands family (that's all over the US) are hypocritical. My uncle is a little more understanding than most, but he still doesn't like it and constantly does things that he says he shouldn't. My husbands family on the other hand..... they are the most extremely hypocritical Christians that I've ever met. They literally are the hardest people to be around. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was referring to EVERY Christian.

Thank you for explaining. <3  

Katefox Tarnagona

Shameless Genius

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:31 am
I'm studying Wicca because it brings me stability. I'm honestly looking to join a Coven right now, but with no means of getting to and from one, I'm not looking too hard. I'll be initiated when that time happens and I'm in no hurry to rush it. I feel that Wicca, even though I'm not a full-fledged Wiccan as of yet, has brought me some happiness that Christianity didn't even touch. I'm not bashing Christians again, but I didn't like praying to a god that didn't listen to me and trust me, I was beyond patient. With the Lord and Lady, I feel so welcome and loved and not to mention I feel like they honestly care for me. It's kinda hard to explain in words how I feel and how They make me feel. I know it's different for everyone, so you'd have to be me to understand how They call to me and how I feel when I'm close to them.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:32 am
Katefox Tarnagona
Thank you for explaining. <3

I really am sorry for the mix up. I'll be more clear next time.  

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:00 am
KathrinGreenwood
I'm studying Wicca because it brings me stability. I'm honestly looking to join a Coven right now, but with no means of getting to and from one, I'm not looking too hard. I'll be initiated when that time happens and I'm in no hurry to rush it. I feel that Wicca, even though I'm not a full-fledged Wiccan as of yet, has brought me some happiness that Christianity didn't even touch. I'm not bashing Christians again, but I didn't like praying to a god that didn't listen to me and trust me, I was beyond patient. With the Lord and Lady, I feel so welcome and loved and not to mention I feel like they honestly care for me. It's kinda hard to explain in words how I feel and how They make me feel. I know it's different for everyone, so you'd have to be me to understand how They call to me and how I feel when I'm close to them.
Please understand that I'm not trying to be mean. I ask a lot of questions. But how do you know it's the gods of Wicca that you feel this connection to? I know the names of the God and Goddess are only known to initiates.
I went through the same thing growing up in a semi-Christian family. I wasn't comfortable with God. I didn't like that I was worshipping an angry and vengeful God. Yes merciful but they tend to focus on the rage. If you don't do this you're going to Hell. Thinking about it I may be a little hypocritical since there's something a little like that in Kemeticism but you just cease to exsist. But what I'm getting at was I thought Wicca was for me until I started really looking into it and when Djehuty made me realize that I've always had that love for the Kemetic pantheon and that's where I belong(or atleast that's what I think).  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:44 am
KathrinGreenwood

The reason Yami asks is because there are religions within Neo-Paganism that have some superficial similarities to Wicca that may well end up being a better fit for you. Now if you're drawn to Wicca and so on that's wonderful, but of course what you're studying isn't Wiccan material. If what you're studying is what you're enjoying, what calls you to become a Wiccan?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out