Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply 10: Anime Chat
Anime vs. Manga Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So which one?
  Anime
  Manga
  Moo
View Results

moonmommy5

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:07 pm
I choose anime. Even though when I first started out, I was all anime. I generally like manga better because, like books and movies, the book is almost always better. The art is more original, the expressions and everything. Plus so many times I read and then watch, and like Bleach for example, they're two different sides of the same coin. Though if the plot is the same, I can enjoy the anime sometimes even more then the manga. I also hate all the fillers, not even whats part of the real manga. Then, lastly, episodes are 30 minutes long for ONE. I read a whole manga or more in 30 minutes, depending on the type and series. So, therefore, manga is my choice.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:00 pm
i'm more to manga coz its more original and i love to see the artwork.  

Moonlight Crystals

Blessed Fairy

10,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cart Raider 100

days we loose

Unbeatable Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:25 pm
I like some anime... but i read more manga.. i think its more detailed then anime but then again people are different.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:07 am
Hard to say, depends on the title, but manga i guess.  

Eileen Hino

Rainbow Consumer

Alucard Belmont Reborn

Magnetic Entrepreneur

13,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:22 pm
I prefer manga over anime generally. In shonen anime, typically, an anime series gets inflated by filler, which can make it hard to watch or dedicate yourself to. In manga, there's no filler, plus you get better and more detailed art. Plus, some anime series branch too far off from the manga's story, like the original Fullmetal Alchemist and Rosario + Vampire. And then there's the occasional anime that not only cuts stuff out, but ends too soon, like Deadman Wonderland.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:19 pm
Agent Snake 93
I prefer manga over anime generally. In shonen anime, typically, an anime series gets inflated by filler, which can make it hard to watch or dedicate yourself to. In manga, there's no filler, plus you get better and more detailed art. Plus, some anime series branch too far off from the manga's story, like the original Fullmetal Alchemist and Rosario + Vampire. And then there's the occasional anime that not only cuts stuff out, but ends too soon, like Deadman Wonderland.

I have to say fillers are one of the major problems of a lot of animes for me.  

LongLongAgo

Never Gonna Tell A Lie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:51 pm
i prefer manga because sometimes some Anime is finish while in manga the anime is not yet finish lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:06 am
I would say "Both".

First of all, manga is usually the original, which provides better details, like story background. It will have a better foundation and art.

In comparison, anime, especially with action scene, helps you understand better, the manga can't show the action at all. What's more, you can hear character's speaking like a real person. Anime also has a faster rhythm which is good for impatient watchers. You know, when the manga came to the middle part, it will start to drag because of lack of idea. This problem is seldom found in anime. However, sometimes, quality problem is noted as 3D production is such harder to make.

One point to make, usually anime is faster than the progress of manga, so there may be additional content. Depends on other's feeling, that can be hated or loved.  

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

jcl007149

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 am
I partake in both but I much prefer manga over anime... I think this is because usually (not in all cases) the artwork tends to have much more detail and dedication given to it, plus the stories hold a lot more value and have more depth 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:28 pm
manga ftw biggrin
so much more detail and longer and i read fast whereas anime i go really slowly. the only thing that kills me is waiting for the serialized manga to come out xp  

Moondancer883

Ruthless Lunatic

13,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kitsuen-chan

8,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 pm
I like both anime and manga. i can never decide which I like more! redface  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:06 am
I would say that I watch more anime than I do manga.
I tend to read more manga now a days.
But I'll still go with 50/50 on this one.  

Philharmonic Helix

Unsealed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Rawrilovecupcakes

3,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:35 am
Well most of the time, I prefer manga since i'm too lazy to watch the anime. C| But i'm up to date with both the manga and anime for Fairy Tail. I didn't really want to watch the One Piece anime though. So I just read the manga. ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:28 pm
manga because it has more detail in the art and i can go back to some of the funny parts and read them over again.(i also luv reading) but i do watch animes too  

shiloh1221

7,150 Points
  • Pie Pusher 50
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Pie Scarface 150

Angstbucket Edgelord

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:20 am
It's all on my mood. Both work for me, but if I'm feeling lazy, I generally go for bright colors and MOAR action. That being said, an artsy mood puts me in the path of manga.

Gotta factor in the voice acting and OST plus, though.

10: Anime Chat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff