Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
New "American Council of Witches" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:01 pm
Katefox Tarnagona
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Katefox Tarnagona
Well, apparently their Facebook page no longer exists. Take that as you will.
Its still up. I'm on it right now.
Is it possible you're not logged in? I had to log in to see it.

Weird, because every link I follow (the one in this thread, and the one at The Wild Hunt) just drops me at the Facebook main page, and I'm logged in, so that's not it.
Weird because I haven't been having issues getting to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:33 pm
It's still up for me as well.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:52 pm
I haven't heard much about this organization. May I please get the beginner's version?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:30 pm
The Emo Bard
I haven't heard much about this organization. May I please get the beginner's version?
The jist of it is the first American Council of Witches sat down and wrote what it means to been "Wiccan". Its the stuff you'll see in a Silver Ravenwolf book. The 13 beliefs all witches share.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Ren Tohimaru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:45 pm
Lol another religious body to tell people how to worship? Why can't we decide the "how" by ourselves?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:51 pm
Vagabond8
Lol another religious body to tell people how to worship? Why can't we decide the "how" by ourselves?
User Image I'm the devout. Praying just to get the blood out. Bound by this flesh I own. User Image

User Image
Probably because to be a part of some religions you have to have the right practice to be a part of that religion?
User Image

User Image I'm the devout. Cutting just to get the blood out. Desecrate 'til we die alone. User Image

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:14 pm
Vagabond8
Because then we get lots of fluff bunnies.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:10 am
'Fluffy Bunny' really only indicates that someone is willfully ignorant. It is possible for religious organizations to be equally as 'fluffy bunny' as individual practitioners.

For example, I consider this entire 'Council' thing an exercise in willful ignorance. The original group ignored the facts about the nature and focus of Wicca completely, and made it seem as if all things witchcraft were Wicca, which is not the case. The new one also conveniently ignores the reality of Wicca's actual nature, and continues to propagate the misinformation that there's such a thing as solitary Wicca, and that valid traditions exist outside the BTW traditions. It also seems comfortable with continue making it seem as if witchcraft is the pursuit of Pagan religions only, and that it is inherently religious in nature.

I have no problem leaving people alone - provided what they do isn't misappropriated, disrespectful to the culture it comes from, or done improperly.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Ren Tohimaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:08 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Vagabond8
User Image I'm the devout. Praying just to get the blood out. Bound by this flesh I own. User Image

User Image
Probably because to be a part of some religions you have to have the right practice to be a part of that religion?
User Image

User Image I'm the devout. Cutting just to get the blood out. Desecrate 'til we die alone. User Image

But Wicca was never much for dogma...that's what made it appealing to me in the first place. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:13 am
Vagabond8
But Wicca was never much for dogma...that's what made it appealing to me in the first place. sad

Dogma? Well, no - but there are specific things that are taught, and in specific ways. What you do, and the way in which it's done, is very specific. Change something enough and it's no longer Wicca.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Ren Tohimaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:15 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Vagabond8

Dogma? Well, no - but there are specific things that are taught, and in specific ways. What you do, and the way in which it's done, is very specific. Change something enough and it's no longer Wicca.

I know, but wicca was always very fluid-it's why ecclectic practicioners could do so much differently.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:28 am
Vagabond8
Sanguina Cruenta
Vagabond8

I know, but wicca was always very fluid-it's why ecclectic practicioners could do so much differently.

Wicca's not fluid. It's very structured, and you cannot be an eclectic practitioner of Wicca.

You should read the first few posts of this thread for some more info.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 pm
Vagabond8
Sanguina Cruenta
Vagabond8

With all due respect, I'd advise you not to say that. I thought that about 4 years ago, and I got RIPPED UP in the M&R subforum. Not all Pagans will go thermonuclear about this, but there are some that HATE it when people say it isn't heavily structured (it is) or that Wiccans can be eclectic (they can't).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:53 pm
The Emo Bard
With all due respect, I'd advise you not to say that. I thought that about 4 years ago, and I got RIPPED UP in the M&R subforum. Not all Pagans will go thermonuclear about this, but there are some that HATE it when people say it isn't heavily structured (it is) or that Wiccans can be eclectic (they can't).
That's why Sang linked him to the thread on Wicca so he could learn.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Ren Tohimaru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:22 pm
Lol I've learned at least most of the ins and outs of wicca-I'm sure I get the picture.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games