Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gamebrain25

Timid Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:53 pm
User Image
Ⓙⓘⓢⓐⓚⓤ Ⓜⓞⓡⓘⓜⓞⓣⓞ
Third Seat of Squad 13

Jisaku raised an eyebrow as Yasumeh took a swig of his alcohol. "H-Hey, take it easy with that!" He then turned to see Lieutenant Shiso come inside. "Good afternoon, Lieutenant Shiso. You...know you're welcome to call me Jisaku, right?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:17 pm
Yasumeh laughed heartily as the knew shinigami, Jisaku, voiced his concern, "Don't you worry about me kid, used to do shots like these all night. Hell it's how I became a shinigami in the first place and if memory serves I fought most of my big fights when I was rising through the ranks far more inebriated than I am now" he said setting the cup down before turning his eyes back to Aine. "I'll be damned though, this stuff is quite strong so I'll be sure to save a bit for your reserves, not my place to be taking to much of such a generous offering" he said corking the powerful liquid back up.

Yet another Shinigami stepped in, and once again bowed to him. He didn't bother telling him it was ok not to refer to him as he didn't care much to repeat himself lest another enter later and he been pressed to do so again.

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

Yokai Manekineko

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:41 pm

“Yasumeh, I do believe I need to teach these two the finer points of observation,” Aine’s voice cut in over a crescendo of entwining flute only to echo ominously as the music was suddenly cut short, and the tiny expenditures of reiatsu she had been emitting stilled. Putting her weight against her arms, Aine stood from her seating near Yasumeh, casually strolling until she could have both of her squad members in sight. “Since you’re both here, I want you to puzzle over something for me. Where was the music in the theatre coming from, and how was it produced. Use your senses, all of them.” Always a teacher, she retreated back to her seat, eagerly snapping up another piece of mochi while reaching across the table to push the corked bottle of sake closer to Yasumeh.

“Don’t make me shove it in your haori,” she intoned while chewing, “don’t wanna get in to a fight over some booze.” Smiling brightly, Aine crossed her hands over the back of her chair once more. “Plus, I’ve got plenty in stock.”

“The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 pm
User Image
Ⓙⓘⓢⓐⓚⓤ Ⓜⓞⓡⓘⓜⓞⓣⓞ
Third Seat of Squad 13

Jisaku decided to take a seat to answer her question. Perhaps this was a test for their senses. Of course, it didn't help that Aine decided to stop the music. Jisaku pushed up his glasses and thought carefully. "My guess is that...the music is coming from behind the stage. As to how it's produced...I really doubt that we have our own orchestra back there. Don't get me wrong. It would be cool if we did."

Gamebrain25

Timid Gaian

Exiled Time Lord

Unbeatable Phantom

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:45 pm
Tekketsu Shiso
Lieutenant of Squad 13
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tekketsu turned to face the third seat. "Oh. Sorry about the formality. I didn't quite know what you would prefer me to call you. After all, we haven't actually gotten the chance to talk very much." he explained. Turning back to face the unknown captain, he began to introduce himself. "My name's Tekketsu Shiso. I'm the new Lieutenant of Squad 13. It's nice to make your acquaintance." he said, dropping the formality and sitting down in a chair.

Tekketsu was puzzled by his Captain's puzzle for a bit. All he could figure out from what he knew about the situation was that either another person had been playing the music, or the captain had been somehow playing it from a distance. Tekketsu then sensed the minute differences in Captain Kirihara's spiritual pressure. She had been using her spiritual pressure to play an instrument without physically touching it! The question that still remained was which instrument she had been playing. Tekketsu thought back, recalling what sounds he had heard when he entered. There was definitely piano in there, and some sort of string instrument, as well as something whose sound bore a resemblance to a flute, or a piccolo. It seemed to be coming from on the stage, or perhaps from backstage. Tekketsu thought about what he had heard within the theatre a bit more, then looked at Captain Kirihara and said calmly, "I know you were using minute amounts of spiritual pressure to produce the music, and I believe that the instruments that you employed to produce your melodies were the piano, a stringed instrument, like a cello or a standing bass, and either a flute or a piccolo. As for location, I would guess that it was being played from backstage. I'm afraid that's all I could tell from my senses."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:57 pm
Yasumeh merely nodded as Tekketsu introduced himself and tipped his sake cup in greeting. Shortly after merely sat and listened as the two attempted to answer to Aine's question and happily accepted her insistence of him keeping the valuable alcohol. It was an interesting challenge, any shinigami without a good sense of following reiatsu streams would have nothing more than a mere educated guess at best to derive it's location let alone the cause of it's source.
He deposited the alcohol within an empty gourd, pouring it slowly and carefully so as not to spill a spot. He'd certainly have to drink it sparingly knowing how valuable getting truly drunk quicker was to him in a fight.

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

Yokai Manekineko

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:17 pm

“First, you two both have a close educated guess on the location of the sounds origin,” Aine softly interjected, canting her head to the side while studying her Vice Captain and his now lax pose. Smirking lightly, she cupped her chin in her hand as the song resumed, the soft thrum of bass line taking precedence over the sweet call of woodwinds. “The sound was indeed coming from the stage, but not behind. The emanation point was center stage and no instruments on the stage were used to produce the sounds.”

“Feel it,” Aine demanded, wanting to impress her lesson as well as she could. “Even during times of peace, for those of use responsible for the welfare of all, you must remain vigilant to even the slightest shift of energies. I am have not spent most of my life in this Division, and I expect that you both will truly learn the same lessons I was given while in the Second Division. So play close attention.”

The music changed at that point, no longer soothing but to the blare of jazz between horn and sax. “I know you cannot feel it, and I do not expect you to, but reishi drifts through the atmosphere here as though it were oxygen. It can be manipulated, in ways not far off from the Quincy of old. That is what is happening. Reishi is being clashed together under the direction of my reiatsu to produce sound.”

“The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:59 pm
Tekketsu Shiso
Lieutenant of Squad 13
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Captain Kirihara gave her explanation of how she produced the music without any instrument, Tekketsu became increasingly curious about how the Captain managed to manipulate the reishi in the air in such a manner. He was aware that there was an abundance of reishi particles in the atmosphere of Soul Society. However, he was unaware of the fact that someone could manipulate it as Captain Kirihara did. "How do you control the pitch and sound that the reishi emits, Captain?" Tekketsu inquired. The skills of the 2nd Squad are impressive, indeed, the grim lieutenant thought to himself.

Exiled Time Lord

Unbeatable Phantom

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Gamebrain25

Timid Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:23 pm
User Image
Ⓙⓘⓢⓐⓚⓤ Ⓜⓞⓡⓘⓜⓞⓣⓞ
Third Seat of Squad 13

It was clear by the look of increasing awe on Jisaku's face that he was impressed. "That is incredible!" He leaned back on his seat and put his hands together while he listened to the sounds produced by the reishi in the air. But there was another thing that grabbed his attention, all of a sudden. "I didn't know you were in Squad Two."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:02 am
"I must say I'm impressed, even for a captain that kind of intricate manipulation is certainly quite the trick. Alas I spent my academy days observing others fight, and had my nose buried in scrolls talking about all different sorts of fighting style, kido, bakudo, psychology blah blah blah. I suppose you spent your time refining your skills where as I just recorded a library of knowledge and little field training" he said playing off what he could actually do. It was mostly true, he certainly had no where near the fine control of spiritual energy nor the strength or even speed of most of the other captains. From a simple look at his capabilities he seemed ill suited for even a lieutenant position let alone a captain one. His record of successful missions performed with minimal resources and next to no follies let alone casualties therefor seemed baffling to the many that hadn't been under his command during the missions.
Where an enemy outmatched him he seemed a step ahead. Able to turn their own strengths against them and simply avoid what they had coming next, not through superior speed or strength but mere foreknowledge of what it was they would do, how fast they could do it, how their body could move, and other such knowledge.

"So you two shouldn't feel to bad. I doubt most captains could do what she is, and in time you'll learn to heighten your analytical senses enough to recognize it. We where all in your spot at some point after all... hell I'd still be there if I hadn't been practically pushed into this position. The extra responsibility is... well it kills your social life let's just leave it at that...... pays good though" he said raising one of his many sake gourds up and taking another swig. Most would have been plastered by now, however Yasumeh had spent a few centuries in soul society trying to destroy his body and yet it seemed he was either failing to do so for some reason he couldn't explain or spiritual bodies where simply far tougher than normal physical ones.

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

Exiled Time Lord

Unbeatable Phantom

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:41 pm
Tekketsu Shiso
Lieutenant of Squad 13
Tekketsu looked at the captain drinking a large amount of sake, and asked, "Um, don't you think that's overdoing it a tad?" He glanced at the empty bottles and gourds on the counter around the captain, and thought to himself, Yep, that would be overdoing it. How does he seem so composed after having downed that amount of liquor? Tekketsu then responded to the third seat by saying, "Yes, Captain Kirihara was once in the 2nd Squad. That's about all that I know about the matter, however." He then began to wonder about how Captain Kirihara managed to control her spiritual pressure emissions in order to manipulate the reishi in the air.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:17 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User ImageYuu hated being the messenger boy. Ever since he’d joined, over a month ago, he was constantly being sent to fetch or inform his Captain of something. Although, technically, it should’ve been the task of a Lieutenant to do the constant conversation, people apparently could never find them, or found Yuu first. And today was no different; he had spent half an hour trying to find Yasumeh, and hence, was put into a very foul mood. Having explored the entirety of Squad Six’s barracks and territories, as well as some of the more public and obvious areas, the child had to resort to asking around. Being naturally antisocial, the boy found the task to be more like torture, at the time. He had to run around, asking everyone he encountered if they’d seen his Captain, but no one seemed to know.. well, except for the last person he asked. That one just jutted his thumb in a random direction, and blandly pointed out, “He went that way.” So, Yuu had to set off in that direction, and, after roughly around fifteen minutes of irritated stomping and cursing, he ended up within the area that generally belonged to Squad Thirteen, and in front of the doors to a small building. The child contemplated entering, for several seconds—he could hear voices within, and sensed more than two people inside the area.. which was, quite frankly, not good for him. Socializing with large groups was certainly not his forte. A slender hand raised, adjusting the bandages over his right eye, before he simply shoved open the sliding door, and stepped within the threshold of the building. Tresses of blue shifted over his face, as he turned his head quickly from side to side, seeking out his Captain. Much to his dismay, he found him drinking. He had entered just as someone commented upon it, and thus took to assuming that the Captain had consumed quite a bit of alcohol already. He didn’t recognize any of the people within, aside from Yasumeh.. after all, he was still relatively new, and had generally just been running about the Seireitei since his arrival, keeping out of sight and trying to avoid social occurrences beyond Squad Six, as well as being told to go run off and give Yasumeh some stupid message from a random person. Today’s message was just as mundane as most of them were—but anyhow, I digress. Continuing with the narration that I apparently drifted off from, Yuu Shouhei curled his fingers softly inwards, in a mildly defensive position, his shell of icy disdain forming and his lips curving into a small scowl. A big, blue eye, half-lidded and framed with long, thick blue lashes, slowly turned away from the Captain, as if trying to detach from the situation entirely. His voice echoed out, in prepubescent monotone, stating, “Captain, a man from Squad Eight wanted to inquire as to you going to some mundane outing with him, to some vague unimportant bar that probably contains imbeciles.” He paused, and waited for a response, as he was accustomed to doing when relaying something or basically conversing. It was not his style to start a conversation and leave before a response was made; he would probably depart upon the response, with a vague comment to the tedium of his recent tasks and how it wasn’t “suiting to a third seat.” After all, he may not’ve been a conversation-starter, but he sure as hell was going to leave any conversation with the last word. The child stood there, and one hand settled upon the hilt of his zanpakuto, strumming it impatiently.

xxxxxUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Imagexxxxxxxxxx

Shuddurs

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:03 am
Yasumeh laughed yet offered no other reply when Tekketsu suggested he was drinking to much. His eyes however quickly caught the entrance of his third seat, the extremely young boy who had risen through the ranks at an alarming rate for his age do to the large amount of raw potential his zanpaktou carried, and more importantly that his sharp mind did. Yasumeh took the note and looked it over for a brief moment, not recognizing the sender but deciding to pocket it as he realized the alcohol could have altered his senses slightly despite his inhumanly high tolerance... though he'd never admit to such. A small impish grin crossed his face as he looked at Yuu and as quick as lightning one hand found itself outstretched and pulling the young boy to his side, knowing not only how he hated to be touched but also his social avoidance. Phobia or simple dislike, he had made it his mission to make his young recruit overcome his stigma's, despite the rough road such efforts had taken. Like teaching a child to swim his idea was simply to throw him right into the pool until he learned to tread water.
While he knew the chances of this ever working where slim to nothing it did have other purposes. It would likely make the boy mad, but tempting him to lash out and teaching him to hold back because of immediate company or their varying levels of training would merely solve another problem. To Yasumeh it was win, win, even if it did mean running some nerves raw on Yuu at times.
"Ah there Yuu, meet Captain Aine-Chan, leader of the thirteenth. Her Lieutenant Tekketsu-kun, and her third seat, Jisaku-kun. Drink?" he said offering a small cup of sake to the young boy, no look in his face hinting as to whether he where joking or not.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:51 am
Tekketsu Shiso
Lieutenant of Squad 13
Tekketsu turned to the new person who had entered the room, somewhat skeptical of the bluntness of the boy's description of the message for the intoxicated Captain. "Hello. It's nice to meet you." he said, with the grim expression ever present on his face. He noticed the looks of discomfort and irritation on the boy's countenance as plainly visible as the visage itself. As soon as he realized tat this boy most likely had very deep antisocial tendencies, he prepared to drop the conversation, not expecting a response.

Tekketsu quickly changed the topic by turning to the diminutive man's captain, and inquiring, "Are you quite serious, sir? I wouldn't exactly believe this boy to be the type to consume alcohol. After all, he doesn't really seem very pleased that you've done so." Tekketsu motioned to the empty cups that had formerly contained sake, as well as the foul expression that Yuu had on his face. Due to the captain's rather unconventional methods, Tekketsu found it to be inconceivable how this man could have possibly managed to earn the rank of captain. Tekketsu decided that it wasn't his place to think such thoughts, since he hadn't ever witnessed the man's abilities in battle, and as such, dispelled the thoought as best as he could, but it still managed to worm its way within his subconscious. Tekketsu focused back to the events within the theatre, somewhat surprised to see that the boy was still amongst his company in the room.

Exiled Time Lord

Unbeatable Phantom

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Squad 13-Divine Protectors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers