Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
sewing in public Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:17 pm
Squirrel of Doom
I be me
Squirrel of Doom
Squirrel of Doom
It is indeed Photoshopped, I think I'd get more than a few bites and scratches if I tried to stick wings to them! However, I am holding out for the day when someone develops some sort of rat/bird hybrid, I would buy winged rats! blaugh
hey
theres a use for genetic modifacation I bet nobody has thaught of
Ooooh
I want a winged frog!
and a bunnycat!
WHAT THE HELL!
I said that
why is it in your post!

I musta pushed the edit button instead of the quote button rolleyes

I was very very very confused for a minute there! I didn't remember typing that!
yup
I could always edit it back for you
but that would take effort
and you know how I feel about effort  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:19 am
I don't sew in public (I lerv my sewing machine!) but I do cut out patterns for the bags I make, or if the thing i'm sewing would be too hard on a machine! people give me strange looks but hey! its what I likes to do!  

paradisecrane

paradisecrane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:23 am
I be me
...struggling with fabrics and my cat who has a likeing to sitting on fabrics

hehe my dog always seems to be right in the middle of my project getting dog hair everywhere *sigh* he has this thing where he doesn't like to sit on carpet and sits on my fabric instead.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:46 pm
Moira Nazumi
I can like sewing in public. Well atleast with friends. I can even prefer it sometimes. The sewing keeps my hands busy, my friends keep my mind busy. When I roleplay I'll sometimes take along my crochette or a small hand sew project, like a bag or scarf. Usually there a time crunch involved, like halloween or a wedding to attend and I need the garment or accessory usually the next day . sweatdrop

Heck yeah. I take stuff to my D&D-type game all the time, cuz there's a lot of people and I'm often not involved in what's going on .. I either take my beading or my chainmail. Fun stuff.  

Ula_Wynne

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
curli
That's cool! I have another friend that's constantly knitting. In class, at lunch, anywhere. She's just always knitting something.

eek Must be my evil twin. Or good twin. sweatdrop Anyway, I do the same thing...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:17 pm
i'm not good at hand sewing but i knit in public constantly. I've even discovered i can knit and walk at the same time. ( the 20- 30 minute walk to class became too much for me) and i knit through all of my lecture classes. I actually have a lot of people come up and start asking me questions about it. Its nice.  

carnivore

carnivore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:20 pm
paradisecrane
I be me
...struggling with fabrics and my cat who has a likeing to sitting on fabrics

hehe my dog always seems to be right in the middle of my project getting dog hair everywhere *sigh* he has this thing where he doesn't like to sit on carpet and sits on my fabric instead.

i have to cut out my patterns on the floor cause we don't have a table ( yay for poor college kids) and i have a 120 lb dog who just loves to lay on/ wallow on/ drool on my stuff. For the record malamute drool disolves the pattern tissue in about 2 secconds...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:03 pm
>.> old thread, but I'm bringing it up again...

I love to knit in class. That's when most of my work gets done. It takes longer, almost, but if we're watching a movie the entire period, I can get about an inch of stockinette on my sweater in. I'm starting to shock myself, that the piece will be like, 6 inches at the start of the day and like, 8 at the end. It's really not that much, but it makes me proud 3nodding  

Minli Xiao

gemini6184

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:13 pm
I knit on the trolley into school, while im inbetween classes, during anime club and D&D. ^^ Im a total knitwit - and people love watching me! I think its funny, but alot of people like to watch me knit, and several people have started knitting at home, but I'm the only one you see knitting around my campus.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:48 pm
I usually bring whatever cross-stitch I happen to be working on at the time, my sketch book, and my pencil case with me wherever I go, so I have quite a lot to carry. My boyfriend watched me struggle to get out of the car with all that crap in hand once, and asked me if I might not want to bring my sewing machine along with me the next time. I kicked him. 3nodding  

Dances with Squirrels

Minli Xiao

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:54 am
I knit in like, every class except geometry, but it only bothers my health class. They use ad hominem to "ruin" my arguments. "Shut up, you're knitting!" gets really annoying...><
But the health teacher is the real kicker, he thinks he's really clever. He says "knit 'er done!"
I hate the Blue Collar Comedy goons and the impact they have had on society...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:10 pm
sodabottle37
"Shut up, you're knitting!" gets really annoying...><

Tell them you think better when you're knitting - or you can say it gives your hands something to do besides strangle 'em xd  

gemini6184

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:05 pm
Gemini6184
sodabottle37

Tell them you think better when you're knitting - or you can say it gives your hands something to do besides strangle 'em xd

xd Or act slightly homcidal & caress your knitting needles while glaring.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:31 am
KariudoMegami
Gemini6184
sodabottle37

xd Or act slightly homcidal & caress your knitting needles while glaring.

xd YAY for sharp pointy things!  

gemini6184

carnivore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:07 pm
Gemini6184
I knit on the trolley into school, while im inbetween classes, during anime club and D&D. ^^ Im a total knitwit - and people love watching me! I think its funny, but alot of people like to watch me knit, and several people have started knitting at home, but I'm the only one you see knitting around my campus.

i've had a lot of people tell me that watching me knit was strangely soothing and hypnotic...  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff