Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
I finally have had it with guilds being ignored by developer Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nikolita

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:44 pm
You guys do realize that if you're using your Gaia accounts to "attack Gaia", to message the devs about guilds not being updated, you run the risk of your accounts being banned for harassment?

The reality is that Gaia is much, much, much larger than when many of us first joined. I've been around since 2004 myself. And you guys are right, not a ton has changed over the years. The updates that have been made have been helpful, but there is a long way to go. The reality is just that with the site being so much larger, there's more to update and more to work on - guilds are but one link in a very long chain of things to be worked on.

My point here is just to be careful in how you go about this. If they've already deleted the e-mail address you were using to contact Gaia admin before, how hard would it be to ban a few accounts that are flooding their inboxes with demands about guild updates?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:13 pm
Nikolita
You guys do realize that if you're using your Gaia accounts to "attack Gaia", to message the devs about guilds not being updated, you run the risk of your accounts being banned for harassment?

The reality is that Gaia is much, much, much larger than when many of us first joined. I've been around since 2004 myself. And you guys are right, not a ton has changed over the years. The updates that have been made have been helpful, but there is a long way to go. The reality is just that with the site being so much larger, there's more to update and more to work on - guilds are but one link in a very long chain of things to be worked on.

My point here is just to be careful in how you go about this. If they've already deleted the e-mail address you were using to contact Gaia admin before, how hard would it be to ban a few accounts that are flooding their inboxes with demands about guild updates?

Oh, I know what you are saying and have already taken some precautions. That's what friends are for- if you get banned, you best have your expensive stuff off your account. HOWEVER... It is not against ToS to send 1 PM to Lanzer and if there is nothing threatening to him in there, there is no harassment,. If I inform him of my intention to go to FB and start my campaign there- that is my right and since FB is not owned in any part by Gaia, it isn't against ToS to post my heart out there. And if Gaia doesn't like my FB posts on their page, they can always delete them. But I have the US Constitution on my side- called freedom of speech and since there is no threat of bodily harm or violence, nothing harassing being said, not violating Gaia ToS. I am being careful. We are just asking for what we are entitled to- the best experience for ourselves on this site. Why should we be singled out of all the best we can get?  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Nikolita

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:43 pm
mamarita
Nikolita

Oh, I know what you are saying and have already taken some precautions. That's what friends are for- if you get banned, you best have your expensive stuff off your account. HOWEVER... It is not against ToS to send 1 PM to Lanzer and if there is nothing threatening to him in there, there is no harassment,. If I inform him of my intention to go to FB and start my campaign there- that is my right and since FB is not owned in any part by Gaia, it isn't against ToS to post my heart out there. And if Gaia doesn't like my FB posts on their page, they can always delete them. But I have the US Constitution on my side- called freedom of speech and since there is no threat of bodily harm or violence, nothing harassing being said, not violating Gaia ToS. I am being careful. We are just asking for what we are entitled to- the best experience for ourselves on this site. Why should we be singled out of all the best we can get?

Ah I was mistaken, I misread your last post. I thought multiple PMs were going to be sent to Lanzer. You're right then, theoretically it would be ok.

Best of luck! I hope your campaign helps your cause. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:47 pm
Before I forget, is there still a Spring Cleaning forum, or has that been closed down by now?  

Nikolita

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:37 am
Nikolita
Before I forget, is there still a Spring Cleaning forum, or has that been closed down by now?

It's still there being utterly pointless since Gaia seems to be working on things as and when anything wink  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:05 pm
Pilotslover
Nikolita

It's still there being utterly pointless since Gaia seems to be working on things as and when anything wink

Do you have a link by any chance? I went looking for it and didn't see it.  

Nikolita

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:31 am
Nikolita

The guild specific one is - http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/spring-cleaning-proposals-2011/guilds-update-please/t.74841427/

To find the spring cleaning you have to go through Site Feedback.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:23 am
Pilotslover
Nikolita

The guild specific one is - http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/spring-cleaning-proposals-2011/guilds-update-please/t.74841427/

Thank you! heart  

Nikolita

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:47 am
Nikolita
Pilotslover
Nikolita

Thank you! heart

No problemo.

I'm not sure why Gaia didn't make it a hot topic ...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:16 pm
One of the site moderators- Pirhan- bumps it almost daily to keep it at the top of the forums! Gotta love her!

Also, sending 1 pm to Lanzer or anyone else isn't Spamming, and we aren't making any threats, other than stating we are boycotting buying gaia cash- and that's not a threat, that's an anti-threat.

And has anyone noticed that Uncle Kenny has been absent since he tried to get us to stop out campaign... HAHAHAHA

And I did notice that Panagrammic made one of the Dev Notices the other day- I am going to PM him! Wish me luck  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Jackalope2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:20 pm
Good luck and keep it up! 've been a member since 2006 and in these years I've always felt like Guilds got the shaft.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:44 pm
Pilotslover
Nikolita
Pilotslover
Nikolita

Thank you! heart

No problemo.

I'm not sure why Gaia didn't make it a hot topic ...

That would make a lot more sense. The future of the website is an important thing that affects everyone, and therefore should be constantly noticeable for everyone, not just those that were there for the announcement a year ago.

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:40 pm
Captain Silas Manner

That would make a lot more sense. The future of the website is an important thing that affects everyone, and therefore should be constantly noticeable for everyone, not just those that were there for the announcement a year ago.

Gaia's never done what makes sense! XD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:47 pm
Pilotslover
Captain Silas Manner

Gaia's never done what makes sense! XD

That...is very true xD
Adding commas to trades made sense, but how long did it take them to do that?
(Besides the time it takes to develop the feature. That I can't blame them for <3)

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 pm
Captain Silas Manner

That...is very true xD
Adding commas to trades made sense, but how long did it take them to do that?
(Besides the time it takes to develop the feature. That I can't blame them for <3)

As a European, not having comma's was annoying as all hell! XD  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces