Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Personal Mythos Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ouroboros_Soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:24 pm

If anything can be considered a god, for the sake of argument, then even the most detestable things can be considered divine. (In as much as the most undesirable people have afforded to them the same basic rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as gauranteed by the US constitustion [in theory]).
But without getting into a political conversation, I think the major point is that people have very little information with with to condemn or deface new concepts of divinity other than time. But from a quantum mechanical perspective (in the liberal application of philosophical debate), which would make such things relative or completely irrelevant, it doesn't matter how old a god or gods are, or how many people worship them, since "substance" is qualitative and not quantitative. In otherwords, validity of deity is based on the strength of belief, and not on mass-followers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:48 am

Oh, that issue is one that I emotionally belive, but intellectually want to scream and run away from.

Well, not so much that. I tend to liberally use hyperbole.

But, for the sake of argument, wouldn't the amount of followers a certain aspect/deity has, make it easier to contact that deity? I've found something out, sort of a spiritual inertia. Unless a deity contacts you first, you've got to find Him or Her. If it's a deity like Ast, Odin, Zeus, or one of the big ones from mythology, you'll have a fairly easy time.

On the other hand, you're probably going to have your work cut out for you. I once went on a Journey to go to the Northern Watchtower, and was questing for what felt like over half an hour, through forest, canyon, around volcanoes, and then climbing endless stairs.

If I wanted to go back after, I'm sure it would be much easier.

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

MOD66

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:41 am

Seraph, you can do astral projection?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:27 am

Nope, that's quite hard. I tried for two months straight, every night, and gave up after I only got my extremeties/limbs out. I'll pick it up some other time.

Journeying is quite another thing. To put it simply, when you do A.P., you go out. When you Journey, you go in. You go into your own psyche, go use that to contact deities from there.

My way to contact a known deity has been this. Make the area (in your own psyche/temple mind you) clean and pure, then make a circle about you of symbols of that deity. Invoke Them by Their name, Their symbol, and a piece of Their mythology.

And for goodness sake, remember that you're invoking, not evoking. You're asking nicely, not calling up/forcing from x plane.

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:22 pm

I could see it now...

Nihl: "Morrigan, get your a** out here!"
M: "WHAT YOU SAY, BI-OTCH?!?!?!"

rofl
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:40 pm

Eh, hehe sweatdrop

Well, it was more like that.

Nihl - *invokes the Morrigan*
Morrigan - You didn't ask nicely enough. Now shut up and go to sleep, and try again tomorrow night.
Nihl - But, please...Come on.
Morrigan - Nope. *leaves*

Then there was the time I called the Maiden aspect a b***h, but that's a whole other story...

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:52 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
Eh, hehe sweatdrop

Morrigan - You didn't ask nicely enough. Now shut up and go to sleep, and try again tomorrow night.

Then there was the time I called the Maiden aspect a b***h, but that's a whole other story...
Oh? Is someone... "dirty"? rofl
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:36 pm

Okay, remember that Wikipedia articles must be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, here's Wikipedia's articles on Glossolalia and Chaos Magick. However, I would recommend Phil Hine's book on Chaos Magick, titled "Condensed Chaos." I'm about to begin reading that, but have been recommended it by a VERY experienced chaos magician.

By the way, the Divinity of Spongebob theory may unfortunately not be all that far-fetched. A workshop I went to a month ago was given by author Taylor Ellwood. He mentioned pop culture deities and creation of magickal entities. Here's two books that address those concepts: Creating Magickal Entities and Pop Culture Magick.

I think it makes sense that if enough energy is sunk into one idea that it can become a Divine supernatural power. This is often done unconsciously by the masses who nothing of Magick. Mob mentality is, in a way, a temporary form of such Magick manifesting itself into a larger-than-life entity that can swallow an entire person's sense of reality or individuality, putting that power into the entity. More appropriately, we can give our energy to the Divine to aid the Divine in efforts to make the world a better place. Sometimes (if not most of the time) the Divine knows better how to use our energy than we do.

jessicamundi

Time-traveling Shapeshifter

20,800 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:40 pm

Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Eh, hehe sweatdrop

Oh? Is someone... "dirty"? rofl
Well, there was this big situation with a friend of mine, and I was really worried about him. So I'm half at my wits end, and She pops up and says something to this effect:

"Well, it's his decision and situation, so if he ******** up big time and ends up in the gutter, he only has his self to blame."

At which point, my mind kinda goes "pop" and I say "You know, you can really be a huge b***h at times"

She agrees with me.

Then I realize that I just called the Goddess of death, war and sexuality a b***h.

Then she laughed at me and left.
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces