Yes
  No, because reasons.
View Results

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:08 pm
AINGELPROJECT667
Das Rabble Rouser

That's a good point as well. Guilds don't have a member limit so I don't really see a need to weed out inactive members. Getting more activity via announcements would help a lot, but to get the announcement out to inactive members they would have to join the new guild. If they're not active here they won't know about the new place so that only becomes helpful after recruiting new members.

Bottom line it doesn't really matter what we do if we don't get more active members. A new guild will be a waste of time and this guild will finally die off completely.

It would be sad to see this guild die, though I understand that we're in between a rock and a hard place. I wish that the admins could bump one of us up to Vice Captain or maybe even crew so we could at least change the banner, but their hands are probably as tied as ours.
Ok for some reason every time you quote me gaia keeps giving me 2 notifications that I have been quoted by you. Thanks for trying to help, gaia, but seriously the second quote isn't helping any. Also it was only doing this with you. Zion only got one notification per quote. Same with Fres. One notification.

Anyway back on discussion the admins have it in their power to do this, but like you said their hands are tied. If they just do it Freak could come back and raise hell and get them in trouble. I know Freak wouldn't but in some guilds the captain would do that so they have to treat us all the same to cover their asses.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
AINGELPROJECT667
Das Rabble Rouser

That's a good point as well. Guilds don't have a member limit so I don't really see a need to weed out inactive members. Getting more activity via announcements would help a lot, but to get the announcement out to inactive members they would have to join the new guild. If they're not active here they won't know about the new place so that only becomes helpful after recruiting new members.

Bottom line it doesn't really matter what we do if we don't get more active members. A new guild will be a waste of time and this guild will finally die off completely.

It would be sad to see this guild die, though I understand that we're in between a rock and a hard place. I wish that the admins could bump one of us up to Vice Captain or maybe even crew so we could at least change the banner, but their hands are probably as tied as ours.
Ok for some reason every time you quote me gaia keeps giving me 2 notifications that I have been quoted by you. Thanks for trying to help, gaia, but seriously the second quote isn't helping any. Also it was only doing this with you. Zion only got one notification per quote. Same with Fres. One notification.

Anyway back on discussion the admins have it in their power to do this, but like you said their hands are tied. If they just do it Freak could come back and raise hell and get them in trouble. I know Freak wouldn't but in some guilds the captain would do that so they have to treat us all the same to cover their asses.

You know, I really hate the internet sometimes. Of course, I've actually noticed that we're one of the more active guilds on Gaia, since we've made the front page a few times, so we may actually be good for a while. But that damn "this photo has been removed or deleted" thing in our banner box is an eyesore.  

AINGELPROJECT667

Shy Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:17 pm
AINGELPROJECT667
Das Rabble Rouser
AINGELPROJECT667
Das Rabble Rouser

You know, I really hate the internet sometimes. Of course, I've actually noticed that we're one of the more active guilds on Gaia, since we've made the front page a few times, so we may actually be good for a while. But that damn "this photo has been removed or deleted" thing in our banner box is an eyesore.
Yeah I really like this place. It's kinda pathetic that my closest friends of all are people here on the internet, but you guys are just really awesome. I googled "gaia gun" and auto complete brought up the guild. It made me happy. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:31 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
AINGELPROJECT667

Does the guild banner come from his Photobucket account? Or has he fallen out of activity on that one, too?
Yeah I guess if we uploaded another banner with the same file name to the same album that would change the banner as well, but as I recall photobucket doesn't have a communication system. I don't know if he is still active there or not but if he is that is a long shot.
No go, that links to Plate's account.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:34 pm
AINGELPROJECT667
Das Rabble Rouser

Bumping someone up to VC is as good as bumping them up to captain, because VC's can stage a coup. And Crew only has power over threads. I can lock threads, delete threads, move threads, edit posts, and accept/reject/send guild applications/invites. That's about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:36 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Also if we make a new GGE I ask that Fres not delete everything in this guild. There are a lot of times I remember we did something in this guild and I like to search through the old threads for a specific picture or link. I know you do this too Fres so I'm guessing you wouldn't want to either. Still I'm just mentioning this just in case. It's the lazy way to get s**t done anyway. biggrin Seriously half the guilds I've been in that make a 2.0 will delete everything from the old guild which is a lot of pointless work.
******** that noise, that's an a**-TON of work. Deleting threads is pointlessly difficult. I'll just put up a notification thread with an annoying title and leave it at that.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:36 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Also if we make a new GGE I ask that Fres not delete everything in this guild. There are a lot of times I remember we did something in this guild and I like to search through the old threads for a specific picture or link. I know you do this too Fres so I'm guessing you wouldn't want to either. Still I'm just mentioning this just in case. It's the lazy way to get s**t done anyway. biggrin Seriously half the guilds I've been in that make a 2.0 will delete everything from the old guild which is a lot of pointless work.
******** that noise, that's an a**-TON of work. Deleting threads is pointlessly difficult. I'll just put up a notification thread with an annoying title and leave it at that.
Yeah I didn't think you could be bothered to do that s**t. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:04 pm
I vote yes, make a new one.

I also vote for a broadening of subject into Gaia Weapons Enthusiasts. We talk about knives a lot, anyway. Might as well expand the guild. Could be good for recruitment. All we need is a specific forum to dump all talk about fantasy weapons (nobody wants that crap clogging the guild), and we could pull it off.  

Private Sanders

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:09 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Every time we made a v2 guild I told myself we would be prosperous this time and make a lot more posts. After that first week or two it's dead again. If we make a mass migration I'm guessing less than 20 people would actually move to the new guild.
Do we even have 20 active people?

I think we should do a new guild, but I do NOT think we should do GGE 2.0. I think we should do a more general Weapons and Combat Enthusiasts guild. Basically, instead of just porting over the GGE into a new guild space, we would be creating something new that covers things the original doesn't. With some new focus areas that cover things the original didn't, we might be able to keep the guild from failing. Innovation may save us.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:18 pm
Private Sanders
Das Rabble Rouser
Every time we made a v2 guild I told myself we would be prosperous this time and make a lot more posts. After that first week or two it's dead again. If we make a mass migration I'm guessing less than 20 people would actually move to the new guild.
Do we even have 20 active people?

I think we should do a new guild, but I do NOT think we should do GGE 2.0. I think we should do a more general Weapons and Combat Enthusiasts guild. Basically, instead of just porting over the GGE into a new guild space, we would be creating something new that covers things the original doesn't. With some new focus areas that cover things the original didn't, we might be able to keep the guild from failing. Innovation may save us.
While the GGE has been heavily firearm related that didn't stop people for making non gun related posts.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:25 pm
GAIA ARMAMENT FORUM  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:59 pm
I like the GGE name. I hate the V2 or 2.0 or whatever and we can't recycle the name without Freak so... yeah  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:58 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
I like the GGE name. I hate the V2 or 2.0 or whatever and we can't recycle the name without Freak so... yeah
"GGE Redux"?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:59 pm
Private Sanders

I also vote for a broadening of subject into Gaia Weapons Enthusiasts. We talk about knives a lot, anyway. Might as well expand the guild. Could be good for recruitment. All we need is a specific forum to dump all talk about fantasy weapons (nobody wants that crap clogging the guild), and we could pull it off.
Countdown to weeaboo flood? You know any 'weapons' guild on Gaia will be "katanakatanakatanadeagle" within a month.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Fresnel
Private Sanders

Countdown to weeaboo flood? You know any 'weapons' guild on Gaia will be "katanakatanakatanadeagle" within a month.
I actually like when it digresses to that. biggrin We get to have so much fun annoying them.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff