Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!
whats OO-chi-HA Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:15 pm
LOL We are better ^^  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:11 am
JhonnyRaincloud
We get your point. I must agree. Chew-neen is the most annoying to me. Plust how the pronounce the names. Annoying... It's not that you spelled it wrong, it's that THEY say it wrong! With some weird...American English accent. No offence or anything to the language. OFFENCE TO THE NARUTO DUB.

In the games, it's like: Sasuke::Behold the power of Ooo-CHI-Ha.

In Original Version, they pronounce it like Oo-Chi-Ha. The 'Chi' in 'Uchiha' doesn't go up. And the 'Oo' is shortened. From my observations of course.
im sorry i have something to say about this......if you have time to sit, listen, and compare, voices and pronunciations and where they stress their letters, then you have way too much time on your hands. i mean im a narutard and all but i don't go through such lengths to make fun of the way they say one word  

Historical

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:27 am
xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:55 pm
Ponygon_Maru
CHALK-RA!

Actually, chakra is not a Japanese word. It's a universal word( meaning all countries have that word in that same spelling). It's just pronounced differently in Japanese than in English. How do I know it's not a Japanese word? There's this restaurant near my dance center called Chakra Indian Cuisine. So chakra isn't a Japanese word.

but anyway, I think the voice actor of Sasuke is probably half-Japanese, because his first name is Yuri, and Yuri is a Japanese name.....  

Sakura Latte

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:07 pm
Junzaki
JhonnyRaincloud
We get your point. I must agree. Chew-neen is the most annoying to me. Plust how the pronounce the names. Annoying... It's not that you spelled it wrong, it's that THEY say it wrong! With some weird...American English accent. No offence or anything to the language. OFFENCE TO THE NARUTO DUB.

In Original Version, they pronounce it like Oo-Chi-Ha. The 'Chi' in 'Uchiha' doesn't go up. And the 'Oo' is shortened. From my observations of course.
im sorry i have something to say about this......if you have time to sit, listen, and compare, voices and pronunciations and where they stress their letters, then you have way too much time on your hands. i mean im a narutard and all but i don't go through such lengths to make fun of the way they say one word

I'm just saying it's odd the way the prounounce it. No need to rub it in sir. And yes, I do have alot of time on my hands. What you're saying is that getting gold is a bad thing. Also, it is a true statement. If you want to blame someone, go blame the person who made this topic, not me. Though I suggest you don't because that would also be illogical. Because if you blame me and get upset, you should do that to everyone else. This a discussion, you do realize that, do you? Anything that can be discussed and is appropriate, can be dicussed. If you do not approve of it, then just don't post...

I...hope I didn't offend you in anyway. I'm just trying to prove a point. neutral

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:08 pm
charmed_sakura
Ponygon_Maru
CHALK-RA!

Actually, chakra is not a Japanese word. It's a universal word( meaning all countries have that word in that same spelling). It's just pronounced differently in Japanese than in English. How do I know it's not a Japanese word? There's this restaurant near my dance center called Chakra Indian Cuisine. So chakra isn't a Japanese word.

but anyway, I think the voice actor of Sasuke is probably half-Japanese, because his first name is Yuri, and Yuri is a Japanese name.....

Chakra means 'Spiritual Energy' in the Microsoft Works dictionary. xD I was wondering why when I typed it in when I'm typing up stories, that it doesn't underline it with that squiggly red line as it always does.  

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

Historical

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:20 pm
JhonnyRaincloud
Junzaki
JhonnyRaincloud

I'm just saying it's odd the way the prounounce it. No need to rub it in sir. And yes, I do have alot of time on my hands. What you're saying is that getting gold is a bad thing. Also, it is a true statement. If you want to blame someone, go blame the person who made this topic, not me. Though I suggest you don't because that would also be illogical. Because if you blame me and get upset, you should do that to everyone else. This a discussion, you do realize that, do you? Anything that can be discussed and is appropriate, can be dicussed. If you do not approve of it, then just don't post...

I...hope I didn't offend you in anyway. I'm just trying to prove a point. neutral
no this doesn't offend me at all. im not that easily offended anyway. also i know that this is a discussion im just tired about people discussing how much the dub isnt like the original. i mean it's a dub it's not supposed to be completely perfect and making fun of it's faults constantly is getting quite annoying. also i understand the thing with the gold, ive been trying to get the ninja headband for a while now -__- im pretty sure it's gonna take me like a year to get all the gold for it, maybe more than that. im just tired of all the topics about making fun of the dubs faults. i mean the japanese one isn't perfect either. although i don't know any of it's faults im sure if i researched it a whole lot i could come up with some. the only point im trying to prove is that the dub isn't perfect. so it's not like making fun of it and explaining it's faults will make them change it or something. all im asking is for less topics like this. i mean everyone is titled to their opinion and all but so many dumb opinions about the exact same thing is making me a little angry, im just tired of it that's all.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:27 pm
Can't we just get along -_-  

churrlo

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:46 pm
Junzaki
JhonnyRaincloud
Junzaki
JhonnyRaincloud

no this doesn't offend me at all. im not that easily offended anyway. also i know that this is a discussion im just tired about people discussing how much the dub isnt like the original. i mean it's a dub it's not supposed to be completely perfect and making fun of it's faults constantly is getting quite annoying. also i understand the thing with the gold, ive been trying to get the ninja headband for a while now -__- im pretty sure it's gonna take me like a year to get all the gold for it, maybe more than that. im just tired of all the topics about making fun of the dubs faults. i mean the japanese one isn't perfect either. although i don't know any of it's faults im sure if i researched it a whole lot i could come up with some. the only point im trying to prove is that the dub isn't perfect. so it's not like making fun of it and explaining it's faults will make them change it or something. all im asking is for less topics like this. i mean everyone is titled to their opinion and all but so many dumb opinions about the exact same thing is making me a little angry, im just tired of it that's all.

Good. That's good.

I understand that the Original Version isn't perfect. Neither is the dub. But forums are for sheer Entertainment. A person makes topics to see results. And these just so happen to be the results that have come up. And if people enjoy complaining about the dub, then I guess that's that. If that is what they enjoy to do on their free time, then that is what they enjoy to do on their free time. You cannot really penalize someone for having a certain legal enjoyment for something. Surely we don't have to pay a fine just because a normal citizen holds a strong disliking to the dub mistakes. And if you are annoyed by this, then that is your personal opinion. Some people may not be. Some people may enjoy it.

So...you're annoyed by this. Well, you're annoying me by making me spam a thread! And that's not nice...=(

Wow...those Ninja headbands are super expensive. How far are you from your goal?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:47 pm
churrlo
Can't we just get along -_-

Sorry churrlo. I guess I don't get along with people on the internet the I do in real life.  

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

Historical

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:47 am
JhonnyRaincloud

Good. That's good.

I understand that the Original Version isn't perfect. Neither is the dub. But forums are for sheer Entertainment. A person makes topics to see results. And these just so happen to be the results that have come up. And if people enjoy complaining about the dub, then I guess that's that. If that is what they enjoy to do on their free time, then that is what they enjoy to do on their free time. You cannot really penalize someone for having a certain legal enjoyment for something. Surely we don't have to pay a fine just because a normal citizen holds a strong disliking to the dub mistakes. And if you are annoyed by this, then that is your personal opinion. Some people may not be. Some people may enjoy it.

So...you're annoyed by this. Well, you're annoying me by making me spam a thread! And that's not nice...=(

Wow...those Ninja headbands are super expensive. How far are you from your goal?
lol sorry about that. im extremely far away. i would be saving to around 200k but that's way too much so im planning on bidding for it so ill have to save up to about 160k-170k. what i have is in my "quest" bar (it's rounded though because putting the exact number is too time consuming)  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:44 pm
Junzaki
JhonnyRaincloud

Good. That's good.

lol sorry about that. im extremely far away. i would be saving to around 200k but that's way too much so im planning on bidding for it so ill have to save up to about 160k-170k. what i have is in my "quest" bar (it's rounded though because putting the exact number is too time consuming)

Hm...maybe I'll donate when I'm done helping this newbie. =)  

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

Historical

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:00 pm
O.O that would be sweet, if you don't feel like donating your gold though im also saving tickets for a red-black joker hat. so if you have any unwanted tickets (or tokens) those work just as well blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:57 pm
I am still paying off my headband! -_- I have 100k to go on it  

churrlo

Public Pervert

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:26 pm
I would save up for it, but there is two problems

1. I'm TERRIBLE at saving up gold xd

2. I want to wear it like Sakura does with my avvie so it will fit my character ( Which is what my avvie is based off of most of the time- she dosen't wear a giant dog hat rofl )  
Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games