Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Good Animators, Writers, etc.! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this a good idea?
  Yes!
  No!
  Maybe
View Results

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:57 pm
gecloud

also note i don't know if i'll have the time to work on the game as life has been taking many downward spirals and what not

It has with everyone...trust me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:12 pm
you should spesify what part your reffering to in there hard to tell  

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:34 pm
I don't have flash, so animator is pretty much right out for me. I can draw, and you have no idea how many stupid-awesome ideas my brain can produce.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:26 pm
Darkly_Doomed
I don't have flash, so animator is pretty much right out for me. I can draw, and you have no idea how many stupid-awesome ideas my brain can produce.

Awesome! ...But we still need an animator...  

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:52 am
Well, with the announcement of the new .hack game in progress, that means this groups job has been completed (even though, we had nothing to do with it). Besides, there don't seem to be any animators in this group who can actually make any decent animations.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:00 am
A .hack// movie is in the works right now I've heard, that's why stuff is kinda slow.

I want to become an animator, but I fear I have no practice in it. I have a long way to go.

EDIT:: I would also suggest that any artists who are interested in doing stuff for this, should also look into producing a storyboard with the help of OP as an organizer so that if and when you have an animator, you can work from that, maybe tweaking and whatnot

EDIT:: Another problem is that I'm a junior in high school so every now and then I have to worry about studying and homework, and I want to get a job this summer. I'd like to contribute but I don't know how much time I would have to do so.

It seems that Kirbopher is making animations of his .hack// inspired series, TOME, so that might drive interest a little bit, while I'm a little put off by him.

You also need to understand that if you have full scale animation with the characters looking in the style that BEE TRAIN did them, that just producing one completed project would take a lot of time. Multiple animators are essential, each committed to working within the style comfortably, so the animation process could be sped up a bit. I'm talking about inbetweeners.

Not to mention, you're probably going to want voice acting, so you'll have to ask around on the Voice Acting proboards for people willing to work free.

I would shy away from sprite animation in my opinion, it just seems lazy and overdone to me.  

Nurren Pamuk

5,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:29 am
Nurren Pamuk
A .hack// movie is in the works right now I've heard, that's why stuff is kinda slow.

I want to become an animator, but I fear I have no practice in it. I have a long way to go.

EDIT:: I would also suggest that any artists who are interested in doing stuff for this, should also look into producing a storyboard with the help of OP as an organizer so that if and when you have an animator, you can work from that, maybe tweaking and whatnot

EDIT:: Another problem is that I'm a junior in high school so every now and then I have to worry about studying and homework, and I want to get a job this summer. I'd like to contribute but I don't know how much time I would have to do so.

It seems that Kirbopher is making animations of his .hack// inspired series, TOME, so that might drive interest a little bit, while I'm a little put off by him.

You also need to understand that if you have full scale animation with the characters looking in the style that BEE TRAIN did them, that just producing one completed project would take a lot of time. Multiple animators are essential, each committed to working within the style comfortably, so the animation process could be sped up a bit. I'm talking about inbetweeners.

Not to mention, you're probably going to want voice acting, so you'll have to ask around on the Voice Acting proboards for people willing to work free.

I would shy away from sprite animation in my opinion, it just seems lazy and overdone to me.

Yes, I see your point. (You also watch TOME?)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:15 pm
Robotic Draconian
Well, with the announcement of the new .hack game in progress, that means this groups job has been completed (even though, we had nothing to do with it). Besides, there don't seem to be any animators in this group who can actually make any decent animations.

I take slight offense at that.

Not that I'm really in the group often (read: hardly ever even on Gaia, let alone here), but I'm fairly proud of my animating skills.  

yokaiy

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:43 am
yokaiy
Robotic Draconian

I take slight offense at that.

Not that I'm really in the group often (read: hardly ever even on Gaia, let alone here), but I'm fairly proud of my animating skills.

Sorry, but I can't really include people I've never met with that statement. Can you show me some of your work?  
@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff