Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
How Do You View the Gods? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:36 pm
caesar821
I believe hardly in an entity void of physical nature that started it all! I call it the Energies, this was what started the Big Bang and everything else. Its kinda like the Holy Spirit or the Force in Star Wars. It permeates all things and is apart of everything. People have worshiped it in many ways under many names depending on culture etc. etc.

Do you have some examples?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:39 pm
Esiris
caesar821

Quote:
I also believe that through the Energies the God and Goddess were formed, symbolizing the Duality in life. Male Female, Summer winter etc. etc. etc.

What about things that fall outside of binaries- like people who are 3rd gendered or intersexed, or agendered?

oh...ummmm.....you got me beat on that one lol. I didn't think about that. Not in an insulting way though.

In all honesty I don't know...looks like I have more thinking to do XP

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:41 pm
caesar821

oh...ummmm.....you got me beat on that one lol. I didn't think about that. Not in an insulting way though.

No worries. cat_blaugh
It's something I'm always curious about when it comes to binary thoughts on the divine.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:44 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
caesar821
I believe hardly in an entity void of physical nature that started it all! I call it the Energies, this was what started the Big Bang and everything else. Its kinda like the Holy Spirit or the Force in Star Wars. It permeates all things and is apart of everything. People have worshiped it in many ways under many names depending on culture etc. etc.

Do you have some examples?

Well i suppose in the simplest way.....Its the beyond of all the religions. The holy spirit is the connection in all Christians to God and Jesus. I believe the Energies that created life keep it interconnected, sorta like the energy pyramid in an ecosystem. Predators eat lower animals for energy use. Maybe its not a perfect way to describe it but I find it difficult to explain it in great detail myself. I'm still learning about it myself.  

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:46 pm
Esiris
caesar821

No worries. cat_blaugh
It's something I'm always curious about when it comes to binary thoughts on the divine.

I guess you could argue in a way that they are both of the Male and Female and at the same time its on entity like 1+1=2, both male and female are the same but putting them together is something else....is that weird?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:37 pm
caesar821

I also believe that through the Energies the God and Goddess were formed, symbolizing the Duality in life. Male Female, Summer winter etc. etc. etc.

I'm agnostic with the God and Goddess, that's why I don't give them definite names or the like. But I do believe greatly in Energies and their power.
So like a soft polythiestic view? Where all gods are one god and all goddesses are one goddess? Or just all deities are the same deity(I keep thinking very generic Kemetic Orthodoxy. That's why I asked this last one)?
Or there is just one god and one goddess and that's it?  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:41 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821
I believe strongly in an entity void of physical nature that started it all! I call it the Energies, this was what started the Big Bang and everything else. Its kinda like the Holy Spirit or the Force in Star Wars. It permeates all things and is apart of everything. People have worshiped it in many ways under many names depending on culture etc. etc.

I'm agnostic with the God and Goddess, that's why I don't give them definite names or the like. But I do believe greatly in Energies and their power.
So like a soft polythiestic view? Where all gods are one god and all goddesses are one goddess? Or just all deities are the same deity(I keep thinking very generic Kemetic Orthodoxy. That's why I asked this last one)?
Or there is just one god and one goddess and that's it?

yes, they exposed themselves to man under different names and guises that would have fit in with the local context and culture.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:47 pm
caesar821
yes, they exposed themselves to man under different names and guises that would have fit in with the local context and culture.
Interesting. Can you tell me why you feel that way a bit more indepth?

I only ask because I only really talk to one soft poly and I get why he's a soft poly but its interesting to find out why they think that way.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:52 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821
Interesting. Can you tell me why you feel that way a bit more indepth?

I only ask because I only really talk to one soft poly and I get why he's a soft poly but its interesting to find out why they think that way.

well......I recently had a class on religions at my college. In Hinduism I believe, it has a similar ideal. The Brahmin is the God head, the spirit of heavenly essence. This encompasses all things, so although looking at Hinduism from the outside it seems poly, some Hindus see it as mono but under different names for gods and goddess.

Its just saying its all under the same bubble of thought and people stress the names of Gods too much.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:58 pm
caesar821
well......I recently had a class on religions at my college. In Hinduism I believe, it has a similar ideal. The Brahmin is the God head, the spirit of heavenly essence. This encompasses all things, so although looking at Hinduism from the outside it seems poly, some Hindus see it as mono but under different names for gods and goddess.

Its just saying its all under the same bubble of thought and people stress the names of Gods too much.
I have to say that made me smile. That's how my friend views it too. Well I don't know if it came from learning about Brahmin or not but it was a Hindu myth that started it.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:01 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821

I have to say that made me smile. That's how my friend views it too. Well I don't know if it came from learning about Brahmin or not but it was a Hindu myth that started it.

well im no expert in hindu philosophy so I hope Shiva doesnt smite me XP

and i hope my religion teacher doesnt fail me for saying it wrong XP lol  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:02 pm
caesar821

I guess you could argue in a way that they are both of the Male and Female and at the same time its on entity like 1+1=2, both male and female are the same but putting them together is something else....is that weird?

That works for people who are bigendered and maybe some people who are intersexed- but that doesn't apply to people who are agendered or lots of people who are 3rd gendered.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:03 pm
Esiris
caesar821

That works for people who are bigendered and maybe some people who are intersexed- but that doesn't apply to people who are agendered or lots of people who are 3rd gendered.

you r gonna have to consult a pro at philosophy about that one lol  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:06 pm
caesar821

you r gonna have to consult a pro at philosophy about that one lol

They're not going to know more about your religion than you do. wink  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:06 pm
caesar821
well im no expert in hindu philosophy so I hope Shiva doesnt smite me XP

and i hope my religion teacher doesnt fail me for saying it wrong XP lol
Well I know next to nothing about Hindu so I couldn't help you there.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games