Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Shadow People? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Lucid Dreaming dangerous?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:30 pm
Kisax127
Calelith
Kisax127

It was from this website.. I forget. Gah. Dealt with Otherkin.

Did you just plagiarize information? Seriously?
emotion_facepalm

"There is nothing to fear when you have nothing to lose."

If I would plagiarize it, then I would claim it's mine. It's not.

By posting it in normal posts without a link to the source, or anything indicating you're taken it from elsewhere, you ARE claiming it's yours. It's implicit.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:31 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Kisax127
Calelith
Kisax127

emotion_facepalm

By posting it in normal posts without a link to the source, or anything indicating you're taken it from elsewhere, you ARE claiming it's yours. It's implicit.

Okay, sorry. I posted that a year ago or so, I'll go fix that soon.

Sorry for the confusion.  

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:32 pm
Kisax127
Calelith
Kisax127

emotion_facepalm

If you would turn in a paper like this in a college, you would get in a lot of trouble. Honestly, it is not that difficult to cite sources.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:06 pm
MaeveAisling
I am very interested in Lucid dreaming while researching to see if there were any set backs I came across shadow people. Naturally I became interested so I researched the connection to lucid dreaming and shadow people it seemed like many people had encounters with them while lucid dreaming or having an out of body experience. What do you think about this? Do you know any more articles about them? Is lucid dreaming dangerous? How about an out of body experience are those dangerous? Please tell me your experiences with lucid dreaming and out of body experiences also if you have had encounters with shadow people. emotion_0A0

Oddly enough, I have a document/picture on my computer that explains it sort-of in depth... About reality checks, lucid dreaming, and stuff. I don't know anything about it, and if I did at one point I don't now.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

MaeveAisling

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:26 am
Kisax127
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=19677831

I have an entire info on them there, check it out if you're curious. 3nodding

Are they trying to hurt you?

Thankfully no I was just searching to see if they're any dangers of lucid dreaming and shadow people came up so I wanted to learn more.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:29 am
Sanguina Cruenta
I hate that "shadow people" crap. It's like someone came across something, but couldn't be bothered looking up what it could be so they just invented a whole lot of s**t instead xd rofl It's beyond ridiculous.

OP, lucid dreaming is dreaming. It's no more dangerous than when you go to sleep at night - less so even, because you're in control of the dream.

So to you "shadow people" are nothing. But what about the people who dealt with them but then again some people who have say they are manifestations of that person's fear.  

MaeveAisling

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:51 pm
MaeveAisling
Sanguina Cruenta
I hate that "shadow people" crap. It's like someone came across something, but couldn't be bothered looking up what it could be so they just invented a whole lot of s**t instead xd rofl It's beyond ridiculous.

OP, lucid dreaming is dreaming. It's no more dangerous than when you go to sleep at night - less so even, because you're in control of the dream.

So to you "shadow people" are nothing. But what about the people who dealt with them but then again some people who have say they are manifestations of that person's fear.

Shadow people are almost always seem out of the corner of your eye and are usually invisible or gone when you turn to look at them fully. What does that tell you about them?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:57 pm
MaeveAisling
Sanguina Cruenta

If these things do "exist" how can they hurt you if you are in a dream? A dream is just a dream. They can scare you I suppose...but I really don't think they can harm you.

I have had things come after me during lucid dreaming, but they were things that my mind created.  

HorsesOfTheNight

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:08 pm
HorsesOfTheNight
MaeveAisling
Sanguina Cruenta

If these things do "exist" how can they hurt you if you are in a dream? A dream is just a dream. They can scare you I suppose...but I really don't think they can harm you.

I have had things come after me during lucid dreaming, but they were things that my mind created.

Perhaps, then, when we talk of these shadow people, we really are simply talking about a manifestation of the dreamers fear or anxiety.

@ Calelith ;; When you say it that way, I come to think I've experienced one such occurance, though in my waking life rather than dreams. Though, when I grew angry at them, rather than afraid, and firmly commanded them to leave, they did. Never experienced anything like it again.

Good riddance, in my book.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:13 pm
Dr. H. Lecter
HorsesOfTheNight
MaeveAisling
Sanguina Cruenta

Perhaps, then, when we talk of these shadow people, we really are simply talking about a manifestation of the dreamers fear or anxiety.@ Calelith ;; When you say it that way, I come to think I've experienced one such occurance, though in my waking life rather than dreams. Though, when I grew angry at them, rather than afraid, and firmly commanded them to leave, they did. Never experienced anything like it again.

Sure. And since they are something that your mind has created that can't harm you.  

HorsesOfTheNight

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:00 pm
It's a lucid dream. Even if something tried to attack you, you could just turn it into a kitten or have a piano fall on it or something.

Maeve: given Cale's description it sounds like they are visual hallucinations in the same sort of vein as when you "see stars", maybe. On the other hand if one is aware of some sort of entity, why doesn't one go and look up what it could be rather than assigning it the meaningless and very broad category of "shadow people"? Maybe it's a dead relative come to say hello or a landvaettir or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:27 pm
Dr. H. Lecter

@ Calelith ;; When you say it that way, I come to think I've experienced one such occurance, though in my waking life rather than dreams. Though, when I grew angry at them, rather than afraid, and firmly commanded them to leave, they did. Never experienced anything like it again.

I've had a few encounters with what you'd called a shadow person and each time I did (at least when I'm awake) they've always been out of the corner of my eye and disappeared the moment I turned to look fully at them.

That stands to reason that they're more of a figment of your imagination the same way seeing 'stars,' dots,' and other 'random colors' do when you look at certain things.

@OP:
I've never heard of anyone ever being hurt by a shadow person, ever and I use to do extensive research on them.

Sanguina Cruenta
landvaettir

I've always loved the concept of the Landvættir.

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Vlad T

Dapper Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:51 am
Im curious what article you read that linked the 3.
I've had all 3 experiences, lucid dreaming, shadow people, and OBE, but never connected in anyway. I'm actually not sure what shadow people would have to do with the other two.

gonk It's so tricky to lucid dream without waking up.

I agree with calith that many encounters with shadow people sound like they are all out of the corner of ones eye scenarios, but I've had some times where I have seen them right in front of me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:48 pm
Calelith
MaeveAisling
Sanguina Cruenta

Shadow people are almost always seem out of the corner of your eye and are usually invisible or gone when you turn to look at them fully. What does that tell you about them?

That people are just imagining them and over exaggerating emotion_awesome . Better safe than sorry I'm going to try lucid dreaming wish me luck emotion_kirakira !

MaeveAisling

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100

MaeveAisling

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:51 pm
Vlad T
Im curious what article you read that linked the 3.
I've had all 3 experiences, lucid dreaming, shadow people, and OBE, but never connected in anyway. I'm actually not sure what shadow people would have to do with the other two.

gonk It's so tricky to lucid dream without waking up.

I agree with calith that many encounters with shadow people sound like they are all out of the corner of ones eye scenarios, but I've had some times where I have seen them right in front of me.

I've read that others had them right in front of them. Did anything happen? Can you also tell me what happened in your three experiences? Do you have any tips for me to lucid dream without waking up?

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games