Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:23 am
Jovi of Shadows
I have a hypothetical question about enda I've been curious about for awhile:

If an enda were to find a mate out in the rogue lands, would said mate be able to accompany him on his visits to the bonelands, or would she need to stay out of pridal borders no matter what?

A good question! And, because of the newness of Enda, one that wouldn't have been ICly adressed as of yet.

Logically speaking: What an Enda does outside the pride is, of course, his/her business, so they'd be fully able to fling/find a mate, etc.

Male Enda x Female Rogue: I'd say, for a male Enda bringing in a female mate, she'd probably be allowed in, but be very secluded from the cubs. I doubt the females would appreciate the newcomer. However, if they stayed for a time, and they grew used to her presence, they might find her odd, but a welcome member, and be more welcome to let her pass in and out as she pleased after more and more visits. Alternatively, the Enda himself might be viewed with some distrust when first approaching with a girl, as a female mate hints at the desire to start his own pride. However, male Enda bringing back stray rogue females to live in the Ithambo would be revered highly. Needless to say, it'd be a curious event!

Female Enda x Male Rogue: A female Enda with a male mate, however, would be quite the different matter. Having a male who hadn't proven himself would still be strange, to them, and raising cubs in the roguelands alone is generally considered a bad idea, so it might be thought of us as irresponsible by the Ithambo. The Enda herself would receive a lot of scorn for this. I doubt the Umholi would let her male mate enter the lands at all, and I doubt this would change even with time. Surtak, for sure, would be very aggressive about it.

Male Enda x Male Rogue: A male Enda with a male rogue would have more apprehension attached than with a female mate. At least the first time, he'd be forced to stay far away, or he'd have to house with the Umholi full-time and never leave their sight. If he showed any questionable behavior, the Umholi would chase him out. With time, I'd say maybe 4 visits or so, he might be allowed more freedom. However, wanting a male companion wouldn't seem unreasonable to a lot of the females. A lot of bachelors band together in start of their own pride, and if the male was very clear he understood the vows of celibacy, he might slowly become trusted. Some traditionalists may never be pleased with this.

Female Enda x Female Rogue: While she might be viewed skeptically, as with any incoming Busisa, the female rogue probably wouldn't get much crass at all. It's very natural to want company, after all, and the Ithambo lionesses are used to being surrounded by family and affection. Traveling with someone else would be viewed highly, and after she showed herself to also be tolerant of the pride and their behavior, she would likely be incorporated in as another traveling family member.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:53 am
Ooh! Thanks for the detailed answer, Kae. <3  

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:33 pm
Okay, question!
I won my boy Ifunci in a contest, and in my entry I'm pretty sure I stated that Ifunci was going to go celibate and stay with the pride.

But since he's a male Bonelander, does that mean his cert will automatically be rogue when he grows? Do I need to go post in his colourist's certing thread to make sure he gets certed as an Ahluke? Or do I need to get permission for him to be one first?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:54 pm
Kaliforneum
Okay, question!
I won my boy Ifunci in a contest, and in my entry I'm pretty sure I stated that Ifunci was going to go celibate and stay with the pride.

But since he's a male Bonelander, does that mean his cert will automatically be rogue when he grows? Do I need to go post in his colourist's certing thread to make sure he gets certed as an Ahluke? Or do I need to get permission for him to be one first?

A good question and a relevant one since there was a recent change to the Ahluke rank! We got rid of the RP requirement for the rank and just made it a limited rank that simply requires an approval process.

You'll need to apply for Ahluke in this thread first, be approved for it and then just go have him recerted with the new rank. As of now, he's set to go rogue at adult since he's a male born-in and that's the default for them all.

ICly, he'd probably need to hold off on taking the oath until after the Dripping Blood ORP since there's a lot at work to keep him from swearing celibacy to the Abaholi. I can guarantee you'll definitely know when he'd ICly be able to. At least OOCly, if you got him approved for Ahluke and recerted, he'd be safe from getting booted until he can ICly take his oath.

I hope that helped!

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:57 pm
Quaji

It did, thanks so much!
I figured he'd need to wait till all the drama passes. xD
I will definitely get him posted for OOC approval though. Again, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 am
Ukwazi's going to be aiming to become an Umama in the light of the current ORP and is currently looking for backing from at least three more adult members of the pride. If you're interested in having your member follow her, just post her or PM/IM me.
I'm not looking to RP this out, unless you want to of course. Your lion could have easily heard about her from others or listened to her during the meeting, or some other way and simply decided to follow her lead.

She will very much be a lioness who looks out for the well-being of the pride as a whole, even if that means making some unsavory decisions that might not be the most popular option, but would appear to be the best in the short-term and possibly even long-term (ie. supporting Andhaka becoming Umholi). Ukwazi will very much be open to ideas, so she will not make decisions or suggestions single-mindedly, but will be acting as the head to a body of lionesses (and Ehluke, if they're interested).

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:30 am
I've been wondering, when will the next Rogue Swap be? It's been 3 years since the last one(I just looked to make sure I got the time frame right)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:54 am
Andranis
I've been wondering, when will the next Rogue Swap be? It's been 3 years since the last one(I just looked to make sure I got the time frame right)

Not something I can give a definite on since I haven't had a chance to ask Meep about this as well, but there's a lot going on ICly and I personally feel that throwing in rogue swap at the moment might complicate things further. Though, I suppose it would make the best time ICly for a rogue swap... I personally would like to see one in the late summer, if not sooner, but I'll see what I can do.  

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:13 am
Hey, "Some time in the late summer" is still a great ball-park xd It also gives people plenty of time to RP, characters to settle, opinions to solidify and shift...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 pm
Ello all!
I've recently won this lovely, and I was looking at the naming information when it came to female rogues when I got a little confused.

Would it be better for me to have my lioness (on her cert) to have a name the lionesses of the pride could turn into an african-sounding nickname through RP, or should I just give her a simple nickname and hope others use it?

Additionally, would it be a better idea if I gave my lioness a name in Swahili or in Zulu?

Sorry about all my questions, I'm still trying to get a lay of the land and I didn't really know who to ask or anything... sweatdrop  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:17 pm
belloblossom

Questions are good, no need to apologize! We're definitely here to help and explain things.

For roleplay purposes, joining rogues essentially can have two names, their birth name, which is their name before they joined the Bonelands and then their new name (or nickname), one that they may choose upon joining or are given to them some variable amount of time after they join by another lioness. It's sort of a new start kinda thing, a way to try and fit in, I think. ICly, you can assume she either picked a name when she joined up and just informed people about it, or was given it by another lioness shortly after joining. Most likely, people will use the name on the cert and whatever she introduces herself as, especially if it's the new name she was given or chose.

This is actually an entirely voluntary thing and she does not have to change her name, so really, you can name her whatever you want, though a number of members may still give her a nickname in RPs.

As far as the language, the language the pride actually speaks is a mixture of Zulu and other languages native to Africa, while most of SoA speaks something akin to Swahili. So the nickname or new name would likely be Zulu, while the other name can be whatever so long as it fits the shop's naming rules. As for what name to put on the cert, it'd probably be best to use the new name if you decide to give her one right a name right away. If you'd prefer to have her have her birth name, you can always have her recerted later on if she receives a name (or you give her one) and you want to have it changed.

I hope that helped! (: Let me know if you need any more clarification on anything.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:05 am
Quaji
belloblossom

Questions are good, no need to apologize! We're definitely here to help and explain things.

For roleplay purposes, joining rogues essentially can have two names, their birth name, which is their name before they joined the Bonelands and then their new name (or nickname), one that they may choose upon joining or are given to them some variable amount of time after they join by another lioness. It's sort of a new start kinda thing, a way to try and fit in, I think. ICly, you can assume she either picked a name when she joined up and just informed people about it, or was given it by another lioness shortly after joining. Most likely, people will use the name on the cert and whatever she introduces herself as, especially if it's the new name she was given or chose.

This is actually an entirely voluntary thing and she does not have to change her name, so really, you can name her whatever you want, though a number of members may still give her a nickname in RPs.

As far as the language, the language the pride actually speaks is a mixture of Zulu and other languages native to Africa, while most of SoA speaks something akin to Swahili. So the nickname or new name would likely be Zulu, while the other name can be whatever so long as it fits the shop's naming rules. As for what name to put on the cert, it'd probably be best to use the new name if you decide to give her one right a name right away. If you'd prefer to have her have her birth name, you can always have her recerted later on if she receives a name (or you give her one) and you want to have it changed.

I hope that helped! (: Let me know if you need any more clarification on anything.

Thank you, this helped a lot!
I've decided to use her "new" name with her cert, but if the lionesses of the pride decide to change it again in the RP, I'll go with it. x3

I look forward to being a part of the pride! 3nodding  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:21 pm
I was recently on a rather long (and unannounced) semi-hiatus, and my Maru grew up during that time. I had been interested in he and his vulture becoming an Enda pair--is that still possible? Since Enda travel, it could be a sort of 'here all along' thing where he simply wasn't with the main group.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:52 pm
Excited Apathy

I'd be okay with it, but since Enda are a special event rank only, a male rank and is thus a restricted rank, I'll need to see what Meep thinks about it before we can give a definite yes or no.

Meepfur

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:25 pm
Okay! Possibly relevant info: he was from Kamal and Dina's litter, and began bonding with Itshe in this ceremony.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff