Reply Adult Furries Guild
PET PEOPLE: How to get rid of bunnies? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:47 pm
Well I don't feel a lot better after what happened. Still it's an interesting story and I made a blog about it. http://bunnygate.posterous.com/  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:46 am
Oh man. I thought it was over.
They were all to be taken and killed a few weeks ago. You can request euthanasia for some reason when Animal Services takes them.
I went to their house to confirm it and I saw this.

User Image

This means that 1. a few are still alive of course and 2. Animal services came and, I guess approved of this.

So my question is, do you guys think they will be ok? I move out of this valley every summer in part because it is FAR too hot. We're talking 110F+ on a daily basis. No way I would hang out outside with a fur coat on.
So my concerns are that they'll be suffer horribly in the heat and also that they'll breed and start over. Would animal services allow this? Perhaps they only took the animals that were sick enough for them to legally kill? Or maybe they only left animals of one sex?  

Zella L.

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:58 pm
Zella L.
So my question is, do you guys think they will be ok? I move out of this valley every summer in part because it is FAR too hot. We're talking 110F+ on a daily basis. No way I would hang out outside with a fur coat on.
So my concerns are that they'll be suffer horribly in the heat and also that they'll breed and start over. Would animal services allow this? Perhaps they only took the animals that were sick enough for them to legally kill? Or maybe they only left animals of one sex?

The temp depends on how cool it is in the shade. Stone can be very cool but it has to be in the shade the whole time. You also need a lot of coverage 'cause they will get territorial all cramped up in shady spots. So spread out areas are best. Bunnies can manage in the summer just fine if they have shade. Someone from my past work had a few, and hers went under a small gazebo. So if there's places like that, it's perfect for them.

As far as only leaving one sex, there's no guarantee there aren't wild or dumped bunnies that wouldn't come on in somehow and get jiggy with them. Soooo, dunno. One sex is better than mixed. Separating them would help, but if you're leaving them unattended for a long long time, they may not remain separated and will probably find a way to get out. sad

Not expert advice or anything, but just a little of what I know. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:53 pm
Ok, good to know. My current plan is to send over a mole to ask for more info: maybe she wants to get rid of them but doesn't know how, or maybe animal services has set something up where they will be checking on her to make sure that they are ok. It looks like they did take most of them.  

Zella L.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces