Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Slayers-verse (An RP Guild)

Back to Guilds

A fun place to RP in the world of The Slayers, a fantasy world of sword and sorcery. 

Tags: slayers, anime, fantasy, roleplay, literate 

Reply Slayers-verse
OOC Chat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we make a PvP (player vs player) subforum for the guild?
Yes.
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Don't care.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
I wouldn't use it.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Grimalkenkid
Captain

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 pm
I made it. Messing around with layers in Photoshop is fun. biggrin
Still need to finish the actual posting style, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:04 pm
That's cool! You gotta teach me how to do that. I need to start editing photos to make better profile formats.  

Inu of Everlasting Dawn
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Raider

Phantom Storyteller

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:36 pm
Hey, sorry I haven't been around. I keep meaning to get down to business here and get a taste of Slayers. I got super side tracked watching a serious called Brave 10.

Gr, I hate Photoshop. I've had to learn it time and time again for design stuff, sometimes web stuff, but it's unnecessarily complicated. I do all my editing via Paint Shop Pro. It's cheaper, for one. Overall, I prefer Corel's editing and illustration products to Adobes. If you ever want to do painting via computer Paint Tool Sai is dream. Very simple too. Gimp is a freebie editing program, but I don't think it's as intuitive as PSP.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:30 pm
I only use Photoshop because it's what came with my tablet. I might not have gotten any computer graphics program otherwise.  

Grimalkenkid
Captain

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Phantom Storyteller

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:08 pm
Oh yeah, the tablets come with trials don't they? Or do they give out the whole program these days? I got my Intuos a long time ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:19 pm
I got Photoshop Elements. It's not a trial, but it's pretty basic. Enough for me, though. smile  

Grimalkenkid
Captain

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Inu of Everlasting Dawn
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:20 pm
I'll have to keep all of that in mind. I need to start getting a little more computer savvy and editing images seems like the way to go.

Speaks of which,Grim,you should provide some symbols and stuff people can use to make their formats. You could get them from the same place you got all the color codes.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:42 pm
I'll do that. It'll be posted in the same place as the color codes.  

Grimalkenkid
Captain

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Inu of Everlasting Dawn
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Ha ha,perfecto! That's good work Grim! I think we're all set for the character stuff now!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:26 am
My tablet came with some other program, one that I didn't like so meh. I've been using Gimp for the time being, cause I'd have to save to get a new program.  

AmazingTentacleFox Shippy

Shirtless OTP

25,015 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Winged 100

Phantom Storyteller

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:35 pm
Gimp is a good program for being a freebie. It's kind of Linux standard. At least with the distros I got there was always gimp. I don't have any Linux systems now, but for my laptop that has some distro of Ubuntu on it. I like gaming and comparability, sorry that has to be Windows. *Having some argument with fictional Linux fanatics in my head* XD

An-y-way, so my understand of Slayers is that, basically it's a fantasy type world, with warriors and wizards, kind of classic. I tried to watch some of the episodes, but the sound tracks from the 90s were terrible and make me wince. Oh the 90s. I should appreciate the fact that so much of it was done by hand in animation back then... A friend of mine probably has the DVDs. I might ask him about it... But I figure if I've got a gist of the kind of world we're playing in I can make a character. If I make mistakes in game correct me though.

I'm thinking of playing a human. I'll have to go through my pics to see if I have anything that would fit.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:59 pm
You can make the character first, then look for good pictures. I usually use Fire Emblem pictures for fantasy characters; a lot of them are human or look close enough to pass for human.

And I think it's really hard to do something that goes against Slayers lore. I have the first three seasons, but that's all I've seen.  

Grimalkenkid
Captain

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Inu of Everlasting Dawn
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:45 pm
*rolls into the OOC* I want a warm and gooey chocolate chip cookie...almost ready to head back on Sunday.

I also want to start playing but we need more peeps...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 pm
Once all our current members have at least one character, I think we'll be good to start. We can still make this work with a small group as long as everyone's not spread out too far.  

Grimalkenkid
Captain

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Inu of Everlasting Dawn
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:19 pm
That could work.

I'll see what I can do about bringing in some more peeps though. I may get lucky and find some cool ones.  
Slayers-verse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff