Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Events [OOC]
Iknimaya Cub Contest [WINNERS POSTED PG 4!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lee the wolf

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:32 am
Don't they know you're the king of the castle?
Username: lee the wolf
Cub's Name:Eyktan [Meaning: leader, Origin: Na'vi]
Cub's Personality: Questioning and curious, he loves to get answers to his questions to be a great lion. Fun-loving and hardly annoying, he likes to be sneaky to. Very proud but humble and acts like a leader.
Future Plots/Goals:
-Wanting to go high up and probably get a rank as a leader, he tries to act like out and see what his father, or maybe even the king, would say.

-Wanting to see if he can find a mate and settle down to have cubs of his own and give them the same life he had and tell stories every now and then.
Prompt:

Prompt One:
Cub views

Closest to the third youngest sibling of his, his brother is the only one of his family he can tell his secrets to because he knows him best. Very exploring he loves to pick on his first oldest sister and make her go into a chase. When his dad is not noticing and is laying down, he gets in his mane and plays with his ears.

Prompt Two:
Cub perspective

Gasping softly from what he was hearing, he started crawling a bit closer, but stays hidden, to listen. Trying to listen, he accidentally steps on a stick.

-Snap!-

Seeing his father and grandfather saw him, he ran but got caught by by his father and he started shaking. Hiding his face while he was being scolded. When his father sighed and picked him up, he was taken back to the den and put in a spot and was to not go out until he learned his lesson. Watching as his punishment was over and everyone was asleep, he walked outside and looked at the starts and vowed to be like a leader and be like his father so he crawled to where his siblings and curled up in a ball and went to sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:20 pm
heart  

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:17 am
emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:34 am
I can't stop 'cause I'm having too much fun!
Username: Conrad the mighty
Cub's Name: Tsunslu Tiyawn (Beloved Possibility- Na'vi)
Cub's Personality: Since the inquisitive cub could remember he had always felt as if he were a bit
extra lucky; so logically to insure the luck continues he wants to learn the ways of the people and show himself to be quite supersticious with time.
Future Plots/Goals:He wants to dabble in a bit of everything to learn the entire pride, however not veering from following in his father's footsteps as a strong warrior. I'd like for him to be seen as a great problem solver and sound of mind to most.
Prompt: Perhaps it was because he was given a little extra attention by his parents, perhaps it was becase he had quite a bit more white on his pelt than most of his siblings, perhaps it set him up with an expectation; no, responsiblity, one day he wanted to be a great warrior like Dad. Though admittedly, he isn't as stern as his father, he has a little bit more of a wondering heart like his mother in the form of a love for knowledge and puzzles, and luck everywhere he goes. For his siblings he has nothing but love, he cares for them and tries to help them out the most by making sure they're aware of all times of the superstitions of the people (maybe they seem him as passionate but a little crazy?).

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:37 am
heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:55 am
Updated list!

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:59 pm
biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:45 am
Username: F a y t h - x
Cub's Name: Mayonaka - means 'Midnight.'
Cub's Personality: Mayonaka tends to be a watcher. Observing from the distance, he seems to detatch himself. In truth, he sees himself as guardian and protector of his siblings - taking it upon his shoulders to carve a niche for himself, watching over them. He makes thier welfare his responsibility, and cares for them each very deeply. He is a very loving, dedicated, and loyal soul. He is also very soft spoken, but firm. Mayonaka is also somewhat stubborn.
Future Plots/Goals: I'd love to put him through some plots where maybe a sibling doesn't take to kidly to him 'being in their business.' Also, I think a plot where he had to go on some adventure to bring back some sort of medicine for a sick sibling or friend would be great. I forsee him taking on a lot of responsibility, and because of that not really knowing how to have fun, so maybe a plot where he learns to loosen up, too.
Prompt: (Prompt 2) Mayonaka was doing what he did best - observing. While his siblings were asleep - exhausted from a day of play - he was still bright eyed and bushy tailed. He didn't play so much, thus he still had plenty of energy. Energy enough to... To spy on is father! Oh and what was this? It looked like his father was talking to grandfather. How curious!
Mayonaka climbed up a branch and cautiously walked along it, till he was just above the two. He lay down, and the branch rattled, and a few leaves fell, but for the most part he was hidden. And so he listened.
Oh, this seemed like a serious conversation!
They were talking about the welbeing of the pride... This was just the type of conversation Mayonaka could appreciate. After all, he was always worried about the well-being of his family, and the wellbeing of the pride was quite obviously linked to that! He listened intently. Eventually when their voices lowered as if they sispected someone was spying, he leaned in closer, and closer until he lost palanace and fell off the limb, landing at the feet of his father.
When asked why he was there, Mayonaka simply replied, "I couldn't sleep!" It wasn't entirely a lie.
He was told to go back to his siblings and try to sleep, but he knew even though he slowly trod back, that he would not sleep. His mind was now filled with all that he'd heard. Outsiders..... Now he was even more concerned for his siblings...

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:52 am
b]^.^

A few more days left on this contest  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:52 pm
List has been updated once more!

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:31 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:41 pm
gaia_kittenstar  

lee the wolf

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

SykoticDays

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:48 pm
Username: Day Dreamer427
Cub's Name: Atan'leyapay ( Light mist/fog in Navi )
Cub's Personality: Atan could best be described as "a fish out of water." At times he has trouble adjusting to his new life in. He is prone to outbursts of confusion and frustration. He sometimes prefers to be alone but can also be sociable. He sometimes has a habit of thinking out loud and talking to himself. This leads to some very entertaining moments between himself and other cubs he might meet. Like many cubs he has an active personality especially once you get to know him, he can be shy which is why he'd prefer spending time alone but once he's brought out of his 'shell' then he’s ready to play and explore. When it comes to female he can be quite shy and tends to babble.
Future Plots/Goals:
- He would Possibly get teased a bit by some other cubs for his pelt color and his shy domineer and maybe his older brother would have to come save him.
- I’d like for him to think out loud as an juv around an older female and her to completely go along with it, and then he would get this really big crush on her, then find out that she’s not interested/already taken and he would be devastated. But in the end actually helping him raise his self-confidence showing him that love/life wasn’t as bad as he thought it was going to be.
Prompt: 1
Atan was doing what he did quite frequently, he was looking at the girls of the pride, and he sighed. “There all so pretty.” He sight he would never be able to work up the courage to talk to any of them. Sure his mom and sisters were girls but that didn’t count, right? He sight why didn’t things come easy like they did for his older brother. He always felt like he had to match up to his brother but sometimes that just couldn’t happen. If anyone could understand him it would be his sister Vara but like he really wanted to admit that, last thing he need was for other cubs teasing him. He sighed he was nothing like any of his siblings, he much preferred being alone and just left to his thoughts, sometimes though he wished he wouldn’t think so much.
He was such a small cub, so different from the coloration of the pride, he would easier get lost in the jungle of the pride, and he just wasn’t as good as his brother or maybe even his sisters. “What’s wrong with me?” He sighed and laid his head down. He hoped one day he could be a warrior like the male before him but he wondered if that really was for him, if he was warrior material. He looked at his mother thinking about her job in the pride, she was so skillful and a hunter was just as important as a warrior wasn’t it. He thought about it for a moment was it more of a girly rank? Not that there was anything wrong with that. Sometime Atan wondered if he belonged here, he wondered if he would ever find his place. He loved his family but he didn’t know if they would truly understand him.

I can't stop 'cause I'm having too much fun!
Username: Day Dreamer427
Cub's Name: Nirangal'panu ( Wishful promise in Navi)
Cub's Personality: Panu loves his family and his life in the pride, but sometimes he demands attention, however if he doesn’t want it he will deflect it. He’s a bit manipulative in that sense but never mean. He loves to be the light of his parents’ eyes, trying so hard to be as good as his older sibling but if he doesn’t something wrong to get in trouble he’ll simply bat his eyes and say I didn’t know any better. He wants to grow up to be a warrior like his father and grandfather. He strives to be the best he can be. Sometimes panu is a bit curious, a very much playful cub. He is the type to fall down and get up on his own, and help those who have fallen too. As he grows he will become much braver and more reliable, he will be someone who can have a lot of trust and faith put into him.

Future Plots/Goals:
-As a cub I’d like one of his other brothers to beat him in a sparring match, making him strive to become better and better until he can one day beat him.
-When he’s an adult I’d like him to get into a fight with a rogue and lose his sight in the fight, leaving him to feel vulnerable and useless, causing him to have to step down from the warrior position.
-When he has cubs of his own I’d like for him to finally 'see' the rogue lands like he said he would as a cub with his family and it goes completely horrible when a hyena(NPC possibly) attacks his family and he’s left fighting blindly (literally) but he wins by relying on his senses(hearing and smell) and it shows him that even though he is blind he can still protect the ones he loves.
Prompt: 2

Panu was curious, his mother had asked him to follow her but he had no clue where they were going. And she took just him, this made him feel special. He was still a bit young and hasn’t had much of a chance to explore the pride so this was not only mother and son time but an adventure for him. He eagerly trotted alongside with his mother admiring the dense jungle he knew as home, the strange bugs and insects that he passed and the colors from the plants. It was all so amazing Panu just wanted to play in everything! However, he noticed the stoic but tender expression in his mother face and used his senses to realize this wasn’t the best time to be goofing around. He wondered if she found out that he wanted to be a warrior like his father, was she angry with him. “I’m Sorry if I did anything wrong mommy~~” he said worried he was in trouble. But she just smiled and reassured him he did nothing wrong, she just wanted to show him something. He breathed a sigh of relief and continued bouncing around the treetops following his mother.

Finally his mother started leading him up to a clearing in the distance, he ran up head to see what it was to see what his mother had been taking him too. “Wooooowwwwww~~~~.” He was in awe, he never knew the world outside of his home was so, so vast. It was so different from what he saw in his home, it was baron and open and looked like it went on forever. His mother began to tell him the story of how she came from the rogue lands to this pride. Panu listened fascinated by this news, he looked back to the open, Mommy came from there. Wow~~~~. That’s why she wasn’t like the rest of the pride, she was darker and not like daddy or himself.

“Mommy, do you miss you mommy and daddy?” Panu asked. Curious although he felt a hint of regret once he asked the question. She looked at him “I do, but now I have my own family to love.” He smiled but he wondered if it was better to be out there or in here. He knew he felt safer in here with his mom and dad, but was it bad? Was that why mommy came here? “Is that placing a bad place?” He asked looking up at her. She looked at him, “That place is always a mystery.” She said calmly. Panu simply looked out into the vast rogulands, he wondered if he would ever be able to see it for himself. He hoped one day he would be able to see it with his family~~

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:52 am
I'll be your hunk of burning love!
Username: ArashiX
Cub's Name: Naming has always been one of the hardest points of any contest for me, and I generally come up with several. xD;

* Ireilyr - "Dusk Azure Bringer" lit., "Twilight Bringer", rough translation. Elven Origin.
-> Alternate Meaning: "Dusk Mist Bringer" lit., "Mist Brought by Dusk", rough translation. Elven Origin.

Nesiat - "Fire Heart", lit., "Burning Heart" rough translation. Elven Origin.
-> Maybe a variant of this.

Elys'vanna - "Green Breeze Forest" lit., multiple rough translations. Elven Origin.

Vann'esyth - "Forest Heart People" lit., "The People's Heart of the Forest" rough translation.

* Arìatherae -"Silver Fire Sky Whisper" lit., "Whispers of Silver Fire in the Sky", rough translation. Elven Origin.

Cub's Personality:
This little girl is both gentle, nurturing, and fierce. As such, for most of her life, she will be confused about which is right and whether she's whole. Or, rather, that she's not supposed to be so divided, personality-wise, and as such, will resist one (or perhaps both) aspects of herself--essentially rejecting herself.

She does, however, care for her family immensely, and feels she has to look over her siblings, be they older or younger. While she is fierce, she's not violently so, unless provoked to the extreme. She won't know whether she would be suited for a Warrior (even though it seems to be predominately male) or something much more gentle, like a babysitter. While she wants to help her siblings, and protect them, she'll neglect herself until it's just too much to take. Her persona will largely be fleshed out through RP in all stages of her life.

This fierceness will also translate into a very driven girl, much like her father. Her tenacity will enable her to get through this large and trying period of her life, but how easy or difficult it will be will, as said before, depend on RP and interaction with other Pride members.

( Haha, I actually devised this early on, because the babies worked out so well, I figured maybe, in irony, the personalities of the parents may clash in at least one of the kids. <3 )

Future Plots/Goals:
x. My Path is Not Clear
o. This little girl is in for a bit of a rocky road when it comes to balancing her aspects of fierceness and nurturing. She won't understand that both pieces are part of herself, and thus she could wind up running away from one over the other (which part depends on the RP she gets~), but eventually, she should come to the realization that this is who she is, and thus, will be able to find her place in her family and the Pride.

x. Nyasambe? Eywa?
o. Part of this girl's struggle will be within finding solace in the Spirits that Guide, and if possible I would adore an RP with the Pride's Matron Goddess. (Not to mention with a lot of the cubs - including her family - calling their mothers "Eywa", it will be a bit confusing to her! She thought she had the Goddess for her mother. xD) It should help to shed a little light on her path, who she is, and how she will ultimately view the Pride and most of those within it. This is, of course, aside from the "Coming of Age" RP. Maybe she's looking for a little more help.

x. Trouble in the Forest
o. She doesn't go looking for trouble, per se, but with the forest being the dangerous place it is, I want her to have an encounter either in or at the boarders of the forest, preferably when she's still very young. How she gets out of it is up in the air, but this could also tie in to the plot below.

x. Boundaries Crossed A.K.A The Faux "Paw"
o. I'd like her to do something seen as "wrong" (but not something that would require her being driven out of the Pride) in the view of the Pride, or just her parents, and the consequences to come of it.

x. I Never Understood It...
o. This "Love" thing. Eventually, or early on, I would like her to meet and begin to fall for her eventual mate. I'd like this to be before she finds her Path opening up to her, as this will ultimately confuse her. She will be so resistant at first - believing she's not whole, that she's fragmented somehow - that she will attempt to drive him/her off. Whether her mate helps her as her father did her mother is up to plotting and how the RPs turn out. (I don't know your position on arranged marriages, but this could be included: whether it was right for her, or isn't, which could tie in to plots above~)

* Basically, a lot of her family interactions will begin to shape her, so I'm going to be looking and hunting for family RP. She may briefly venture from the Pride lands, as well, but will make her way back home.

Prompt: Prompt One

The little green-striped lioness flopped inside her family's hammock with a sniffle she just barely smothered. She stared at her paws, how the blue-silver fire on her legs gleamed in the gentle lights, shifting and swaying in tune with them.

The fire on her legs and her unique green stripes were both a blessing - it differentiated her from her siblings, and she was proud of them - but it also marked her as almost different. Different. Just like she felt. Her siblings seemed to fit in, with a healthy balance of her parents, and she felt like a sore thumb in comparison. She clenched her eyes shut and rubbed at her muzzle. A wave of fierce emotion swept over her, and she blinked those fathomless sky-blue eyes, picking up her head.

Despite feeling scared of herself, she was determined to show her siblings she would always be there for them and she'd always help them. That she could, and would, be good, and this division, this...this...not being a whole lioness wouldn't beat her.

Sometimes it felt like she was getting nowhere fast.

She was here because she needed a break. Another slight sniffle, another stubborn rub of her paw against her nose, and she got back up. Her little 'break' away from her siblings and family was done, and now she was driven back to their sides out of a deep sense of caring and protectiveness. It was time to drive the uncertainties she was feeling away and act like the big sister she was! Trying to perk herself back up, she clambered unsteadily out of the hammock and traced her way back to her family, feeling her little pawsteps beat a little more surely with each step.

She would make sure they were all okay, and if anyone tried to hurt them or make them unhappy, she would not be pleased..!

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:26 pm
Closed for further entries.

Both I and Split will be going over the entries and will have the three winners listed here within the week. I doubt it will take us that long to decide but I figured I should give you all an estimate of how long it could take. C:

Good luck everyone!

[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces