{I/T}Pride of Gems- Goddess is here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pride Name should be....?
  Manjusha(Hindi for Jewel Box)
  Kailash(Hindi for Crystal)
  Gang'Rinpoche(Tibetan for Precious Jewel of Snows)
  Kohinoor(Persian for Mountain of Light)
  Other!! Post in thread/vote for one in thread
View Results

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:22 pm
@Quaji- That does thanks. ^_^ We don't have a name yet sadly.

@Snails- Hmmmmm. That is a tough one. For the closer ones, I can see a trade of meats, but the further away they go the harder it becomes to get the meat back before it spoils. They could trade for raw materials that are hard to find where they are. I'll add a trading system to my list.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:48 pm
I have an idea - for the 12 celebrated gem stones, why not use birthstones?

January - Garnet

February - Amethyst

March - Aquamarine

April - Diamond

May - Emerald

June - Pearl or Alexandrite

July - Ruby

August - Peridot

September - Sapphire

October - Tourmaline or Opal( I looove Opals)

November - Topaz or Citrine

December - Tanzanite, Zircon or Turquoise

Also, maybe the way the celebrations go can have to do with magical properties associated with those gems? ON THAT SAME NOTE, why not have a lot of the crafting based on the same principal? Use A and B gem to craft C item to bring D(Luck, love, fertility, etc?)

It's just an idea, but I think I would work perfectly, especially for setting up the foundations of some sort of belief system for the pride.

As for name suggestions,

Manjusha is Hindi for Jewel Box
Kailash, Hindi word derived from the name of a sacred mountain in the Himalayas, from the word kailasa, meaning "crystal."
Gang Rinpoche, Tibetan meaning "precious jewel of snows."  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:23 am
F a y t h - x

Oooooooo love your suggestions! Thank you. ^_^ Will get them added in.

As for the magical properties, I tried to have one of Teuta's abilities to endow a stone gem with its special power (IE Healing for amethyst) and the shop wouldn't allow that. XD So the pride might believe the stones gems hold magic of some kind, but they really wouldn't.

I would love to see a belief system set up around that idea though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:00 am
Yeah, that's what I meant, that the pride would think such. XD  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:42 pm
F a y t h - x

Oh lol. I was thinking that the stones did actual 'magic' which is why they believed. XD Silly me. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:51 am
Ok so looking back through my notes, while I love my ideas for rogue initiation I realize that it's fairly impractical. So I need suggestions for that ceremony. Remember this is the pride of gems and the ceremony should revolve/involve that in some way. Go!  

magnadearel

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:44 am
Maybe the pride could have different 'houses' therein, one for each of the celebrated stones, and the initiation ceremony could be something meant to decide which 'house' they'll be part of. Hmn....they could have one of each stone put before them and they are told the aspects of each one ("The dark red stone there is Garnet. Its qualities are devotional love, passion and radiant beauty, helping you express these qualities openly with those around you.") and they decide which one fits them best. And if they can't chose, or you prefer, ic could be decided by dice roll.

((btw, I got that gem description from; http://www.keen.com/documents/works/articles/spiritual/the-metaphysical-qualities-of-your-birthstone.asp))  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:53 pm
F a y t h - x

That would be -a lot- of houses unless several gems were combined under one house. It would be a bit much information wise I think.

The max number of Houses I'd use would be four, and I'd need some way to categorize the gems so that semi-likes were put into the same house. Ie one being healing. If you want to come up with that I will certainly consider it, and I have it on my list of things to think about.

Also, I am considering making a kind of zodiac for the Beliefs section from your Birthstone suggestion. Sort of like how the Chinese zodiac with horse, dragon, boar, rat etc is, except this will be based off the birthstone gems.

For the Rogue Initiation I'm thinking either going through the adol initiation ceremony, or perhaps preforming a task for the pride.

magnadearel

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:16 pm
If you want to go with four houses, then you can divide the months into threes;

January-February-March (Winter)
April - May-June (Spring)
July-August-September (Summer)
October-November-December (Fall)

That would combine ;
Garnet-Amethyst-Aquamarine
Diamond-Emerald-Pearl
Ruby-Peridot-Saphire
Opal-Topaz-Turquoise

It would create diverse houses, rather than boring houses where everyone has the same basic traits. =3
I really wouldn't worry too much about having 'too much' information. A problem I find with a lot of prides when I think of joining is too little information, where I'm not sure if such-and-such is kocher. The key is having enough information that one can act without having to ask a million questions, and not having too rigid a system. =3

Also, goofing around in PS I made this if you wanna use it;

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:18 pm
F a y t h - x

Lol I'm one off from that list as to what I think are seasons, but I can use that. Diverse is good.
XD Thanks, I will keep that in mind.
Ooooooo I've been thinking about BGs and symbols today. I really like that one. I do know there's a diamond one already lol.

magnadearel

THE Jehan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:33 pm
-Throws in two cents-
First off, this is a really cool idea.

For Rogue initiation, you could do something like blindfolding the rogue and making them navigate a tunnel to a temple/cavern where all the gems are located in the walls. The rogue has to grab a gem and take it safely back out the tunnel. Maybe have an IC time limit on it? If they make it out with the gem, they are accepted. The gem they picked sorts them into their houses, and the stone becomes their Stone of Power.
Maybe the pride believes that the Goddess of Gems guides the rogue to pick the proper gem from the cavern.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:21 pm
THE Jehan

Thank you! ^_^ I'm glad people are liking the idea and giving some very helpful suggestions. <3

0_0 Woah I like that idea. Question, how will they ensure that a rogue doesn't "cheat" by taking the blindfold off?

General 4 everyone- Should we simply stick to the birthstones as the only Stones of Power or allow any type of gem?

magnadearel

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:52 pm
I like the initiation idea. There could also be a dice rolling element to it - roll 1 D 12 to decide what gem they find? That would hopefully keep people from all dominating one specific stone.

Hmn....as for other stones...I think the 12 stones would just be like...the MAIN stones, but other stones wouldn't be out of the question? They could be classified as minor stones.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:07 pm
F a y t h - x

Ok, supposing someone picks a minor stone. How will it be determined for their House?

Sorry for so many questions guys. XD

magnadearel

THE Jehan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:30 pm
magnadearel
F a y t h - x

I like Fayth's dice roll idea. Would keep the houses a bit more balanced.

However, I think only the main stones should be used to keep things simple. Minor gems could be used for crafting and such, but maybe they could be thought of as lesser-quality versions of the main 12. Or perhaps only the main 12 are found in the cavern, giving it a sort of religious quality to it.

As for cheating, perhaps guards or priests could be stationed at watch points along the tunnel (think the eye-holes in paintings in old Scooby Doo episodes) to keep watch and prevent injury.
If they cheat, some guards are sent in and the rogue is asked to leave and not return again. Obviously, they would not know they are being watched in the first place.  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff