Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Rune workshop? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you be interested?
  Yes
  No
  I'd like to, but I don't have the time
View Results

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:25 am
Thread is open! First week is orientation, basic rune discussion and preparation.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:59 am
Here's my first question; I don't really know much about Odin (though I am now going to do some more research), so what would you recommend I do or not do first and foremost so as not to accidentally offend him?  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 am
I'd check it out just to see what its like  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:29 pm
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Here's my first question; I don't really know much about Odin (though I am now going to do some more research), so what would you recommend I do or not do first and foremost so as not to accidentally offend him?

A site to learn about Odin and the Norse Gods

.http://odinbrotherhood.freeforums.org/index.php

These people are very nice =),can also look up on other things,but in all honestly the best way to know what offends and doesn't offend Odin, is by asking him.

Can also Google/bing Odin, and odinism, and so on biggrin .  

StaticJennifer

3,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

StaticJennifer

3,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:31 pm
My Question is, if you follow the greek pantheon, would it be a insult to use the runes? just curious mrgreen .  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:02 pm
Ssj1Vincent
My Question is, if you follow the greek pantheon, would it be a insult to use the runes? just curious mrgreen .

I think as long as you're respectful to all parties involved you shouldn't have a problem.

Oh San, I might be joining in. I'm still on the fence about it though.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

necrofade

Romantic Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:21 pm
I'd be interested, though time wise i might not get as much studying as I would like.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:29 pm
Ssj1Vincent

I shouldn't think so. Generally I think Odin won the runes for everyone, not just Heathens, so I think your issues might be more on the Hellenic side of things, and would be related to what you consider pious etc.

iKillCaustic--uKillMe

Plain good manners should get you through fine. If you make an offering stick with something basic, like a good beer or mead, and it's good manners to pour out a little to Loki when you pour to Odin.

Yami: biggrin  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:52 am
Ssj1Vincent

Thanks for that.

Sanguina Cruenta
Plain good manners should get you through fine. If you make an offering stick with something basic, like a good beer or mead, and it's good manners to pour out a little to Loki when you pour to Odin.

Ok cool, I'll give that a go. Thanks! Hmm...just need to find something other than the cellar-full of red wine dad has... xp  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Ssj1Vincent

Thanks for that.

Sanguina Cruenta

Ok cool, I'll give that a go. Thanks! Hmm...just need to find something other than the cellar-full of red wine dad has... xp

Wolf Blass? Australia does a killer Merlot. I envy you your dad's cellar of wine. xp  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:11 am
Sanguina Cruenta
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Ssj1Vincent

Thanks for that.

Sanguina Cruenta

Wolf Blass? Australia does a killer Merlot. I envy you your dad's cellar of wine. xp

Ahaha...he'd never let me near that though. Hmm...actually I think we may have some smaller sample bottles...would that be alright as an offering?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:28 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

Ahaha...he'd never let me near that though. Hmm...actually I think we may have some smaller sample bottles...would that be alright as an offering?

My experience with Oðinn is that he doesn't like schnapps or sweet liquors. Overall I think the important parts are that
a) it is a sacrifice - i.e. that it's something of yours that you are giving, and
b) that it's something you enjoy, so that you partake of it together.

After the poor experience with the peach schnapps I have kept as much as possible to the mead, myself, but before I managed to find some mead I used to offer mulled wine. You may want to try something like a good vodka. If you have some samplers to choose from or you can browse the booze shop, see if anything catches your interest. That's what I do if I'm having trouble finding something.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:13 pm
I am sticking with dark beers for Odhinn. Dry cider seems to be ok as well, as long as it's not cloyingly sweet.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:20 am
Sanguina Cruenta
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

My experience with Oðinn is that he doesn't like schnapps or sweet liquors. Overall I think the important parts are that
a) it is a sacrifice - i.e. that it's something of yours that you are giving, and

After the poor experience with the peach schnapps I have kept as much as possible to the mead, myself, but before I managed to find some mead I used to offer mulled wine. You may want to try something like a good vodka. If you have some samplers to choose from or you can browse the booze shop, see if anything catches your interest. That's what I do if I'm having trouble finding something.

Something that I enjoy? Ah...now that could be a problem - I really dislike alcohol...however, vodka I can stand.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Talesofbiro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:59 pm
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Sanguina Cruenta
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

Something that I enjoy? Ah...now that could be a problem - I really dislike alcohol...however, vodka I can stand.
That's my problem. I typically only like sweet alcohol.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games