Have you heard of him?
  Yes i love his novels its to die for!
  I read his stories time to time.
  Who the hell is that?
  neutral.
View Results

+ReclaimTheStars+

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:53 pm
First time I read "The Raven" I was around twelve...seemed like the coolest imagery ever at the time. True goth...I read it all the time for a few months, and still do every so often.

Telltale Heart was a brilliant story too, my favorite by him. Then there's the Gold Bug, which was not a horror story, but the most intelligent Sherlock Holmes-esque story ever.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:50 pm
Edgar Allan Poe rocks, plain and simple. "The Raven" is my favorite poem. And I think his best stories were The Telltale Heart and The Black Cat. I'm also reading a biography on him right now.  

Holy Hydroxide

Fashionable Genius

Evilvelo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:26 pm
i read everything he wrote........i love his work...he's brilliant......  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:21 pm
lastemoon
I like the one about bells, Annabell lee, Masque of the Red death but one of my favs is definately the Black Cat.

Anabell lee was very cool indeed!  

Seri Dreams

Benevolent Phantom

Hawt_az_FCUK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:27 pm
My fav by him is Annabel Lee!!!!t rox my sox...

i started the 'the fall of the house of usher'but i had to return the book..TT.TT

i started 'the cask of amontillado' but it was part of the book i had to return..TT.TT  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:28 pm
"You have conquered, and I yield. Yet hencefoward, art thou also dead-dead to the World. to Heaven. and to Hope! In me didst thou exist-and in my death see by this image which is thine own. how utterly thou murdered thyself." -Edgar Allan Poe  

Hawt_az_FCUK

Pumpies_Squishy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:25 pm
Poetic Misfit
Edgar Allan Poe rocks, plain and simple. "The Raven" is my favorite poem. And I think his best stories were The Telltale Heart and The Black Cat. I'm also reading a biography on him right now.

I could'nt have said it better my self. I should really concider picking up the novel my self, though I've already read almost every article of history he posessed...such a sad life.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:54 am
i've read alot of his works the best one in my opinion is pit and pindulum how ever thats spelled im not a writer.but i do read alot  

disturbedwiccan

Yogore

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:33 pm
I loved the Mask of the red Death, even before I knew who Edgar Allen Poe was. He is brilliant, I've committed the Raven to memory, and part of the Tell Tale Heart. speaking of which.. I used to have a book, of his work, and there was this one poem that was two lines long, I can't remember the title though, would anyone happen to know?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:30 pm
My favorite poem by him is "Annabel Lee." It was about his wife.She died at the same age and same sickness as Poe's mother. The sickness was Tuberculosis.  

kufufu

.Beautiful. .Freak.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:35 am
I love his work, he's one of my favourite poets. I have a nice book that has both prose and poetry written by him in it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:28 pm
My favorite poems by Poe are Annabelle Lee (duh) and the Mask of the Red Death wink  

Oterys

xThe Vampire Midnightx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:59 pm
He indeed has great work...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:03 am
I remember reading about his life and all of the tragedies that befell him. He sounded like he had a rather miserable life, and I do not envy him in the least bit. I suppose it is a good example of how dark times can inspire dark works.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Zara Thustra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:29 am
I can't believe that only one person has mentioned "The Conqueror Worm"! Its one of the most amazing poems ever. The Masque of the Red Death is an amazing story, as is the Cask of Amontillado. No one ever remembers his play though, its called "Politian"  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff