Divine Associate

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:05 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Layna Ju Ban'Shu xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Earth Queenxxxxxxxxx
Not just a pretty face.xxx
User Image

xxxxx"Impressive, your basics are strong. To move forward in your bending practice bending the earth that is not near you. The next stage in the traditional style focuses on using the ground near your target. The attacks can be subtle," As she spoke she clenched her fist and rotated it causing a series of spikes to appear before the girls feet only to sink back down when she relaxed her hand, "Or rather sudden." Layna stomped her foot forward and clapped her hands. Two stone spikes spring up forming an x in front of her student. Again she sunk the stone back into the ground. The queen straightened and gestured her hand to the training equipment collection of dummies and extra sources of earth. "Those were two moves you will learn after training for a moment. I will observe."

(Hop to it Snuff you know how it do.
Dat unlock- 15 posts 13 whatever you know it
and then we'll do moves)

The queen looked to her sister, "Gotta start at the beginning. Earth bending is about sturdy stances. Earth is the element of strength, it is stubborn and unyielding. To use it to your will you must not given to it." Layna demonstrated the wide standing basic pose. Her fists were curled and arms held out to the side. She then demonstrated a the techniques so Nikki would get the idea of how basic bending would look. With a stomp of her foot a disk rose up, she then punched at the air to send it flying across the room at a target dummy. Another stomp forward and a wall rose in front of her. She pressed her hand down to lower it back then moved to show the last move. A third stop and a thrust of her arm forward brought up a stone spike. A second movement of her arm broke the stone off the ground and sent it flying towards the dummy. "Practice the stances and the sturdy movements and then I'll teach you those three moves."

(( Licia 7 5 posts to unlock stage one ))

-------

He frowned uncomfortably as his arm muscle was poked, "Please refrain from touching." His rough voice warned. The guard looked at the paper and nodded. He motioned for the boy to follow. The guard brought him to an attendant they exchanged words and then the attendant beckoned for Tian to follow her to the throne room with a kind smile. "Your Highness, I have someone who wishes to have an audience with you." Layna nodded and motioned for Tian to come forward, "Hello there, how may I help you?" She asked. As the queen spoke there was movement from her up-do. Squeaks, her tiny Quilled Chameleon surfaced from the mass of hair and ornaments. He was disguised as the color of her hair but slowly adjusted back to his natural green color.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:35 pm
Nikki Lei Ban'Shu

User Image

Nikki got off her throne and down her heels making some noise. "Uhh, okay, im just going to try and get it done with heels." She said with a smile, spreading her body and testing the reach of her stance while standing in a small area. (1)

Nikki slightly slid on her heels, sliding her into a uncomfortable position and she fixed it, returning back to her main stance. She took a deep breath and tried her reach once more, again sliding, which she got annoyed and stomped on the floor in frustration. "Keep it together Nikki." She reminded herself and returned to her original stance. (2)

Nikki performed the same stance and this time didn't slide, finding the right movement that wouldn't allow her heels to slide but gain slight traction as she moved forward but in a tight spin, which was a failed attempt as her heel didn't gain traction and slipped, ending up in another uncomfortable position and went back to her first stance. (3)

Thinking of a new way to start a new stance rather than staying in just one, she lifted one leg upward, sliding her heel forward as she brought it down, then using her planted foot to spin, dragging her foot in a spin, turning it into the planted foot, shifting. (4)

"What it this bad for you Juju?" She asked as she tried to shift balance once more, nearly sliding again. "Better question would be if you used heels at all." She said as she formed into a new stance and decided to do something else as she was now easily shifting. (5)

She suddenly sat down and crossed her legs and closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to find her center. She knew that Chi was from within, so meditation would be a great place to start. She tried to remain as still as she could, focusing from what was within rather than what was out. Finding her inner self was rather quick, but probably not very precise. (6)

She opened her eyes and placed on hand on the floor and then lifted her legs up and finally placed her other hand down as if she was going to do some yoga, but flipped slightly, performing a hand stand, while still finding the center of herself, concentrating her Chi, dropping one leg, sliding into a spin and flipping, landing perfectly into a elegant stand. "Wow, kind of never felt like this before." She said with a laugh. (7)  

Alicia Joana

Devoted Hunter

5,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Earth Queenxxxxxxxxx
User Image

xxxxxThe Queen looked over her shoulder to her sister as Nikki finished. "Oh for the love of... Niknak! Take you heels off before you break your ankle!" She shook her head and crossed her arms. Squeaks stretched out and glided over to the younger Ban'Shu. He landed on her shoulder and melded into the color of her dress. "Now try those three moves I showed you, Rock Throw, Rock Wall, and Stone Spike." She looked back at the visitor waiting for him to approach and speak.

( Let's get this right now ahaha!
1 post for each.
3 - 2 = 1
yeah
1 )

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:29 pm
User Image
Tian Sunyue
[Ba Sing Se][Earthbender]
"I don't take part in all that praying nonsense..."

Tian followed behind the guard before he was transferred to the care of an attendant, and then finally before the earth queen herself. "Oop!" He mumbled when the Queen called him over. He quickly lifted up the bottom of his robes so that he wouldn't trip over them, and walked briskly over to where the Queen was, his geta echoing. He dropped the bottom of his clothing and put his hands down and quickly bowed to the queen, his long hair falling forward, obscuring him. Tian was becoming visibly nervous. He stood straight again and pushed his hair back out of his face. "Yes, M'lady." He started. "I've had quite a bit of turmoil in my life." He said, looking at the ground. He raised his sight to meet the queen's eyes. "Through it I decided that I want to become a great earth bending master." His voice was stern. "Who better to learn from than the highest recognized earthbender in the kingdom?" It was likely she would say no, but he had to find out, and if she did say yes, he would be that much closer to his goal.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Hashtagihateit

Alicia Joana

Devoted Hunter

5,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:29 pm
Nikki Lei Ban'Shu

User Image

She laughed. "Seriously though, if i were to get into a sudden fight, do you think i would have enough time to suddenly throw my heels away and if i get it right now, then i can adapt to any situation." She smiled as she heard that she needed to practice those three techniques her sister preformed earlier.

She got into her basic stance, making fists and holding her arms out. She took a deep breathe and then tried to connect with her Chi and how she wanted the stance to be like in her mind. She then stomped on the ground, a disk rose and then punched it, sending it flying into a dummy. (Completed Rock Throw)

Happy with her result and remembered how quick her sister got back into stance so quickly, she envisioned what she wanted to look like. She took a breathe in and then stomped, not moving her arms at all, resulting in a wall rising in front of her. She then placed her hand down, lowering the wall back down. (Completed Rock Wall)

She then returned back to her stance, took another breathe. She stomped on the ground and made a thrust with her arm, making a spike rise from the ground. Concentrating further, she made a second movement with her arm, watching the spike break and propelling it towards a dummy. (Completed Stone Spike)

She took a breathe of relief. "There Juju." She said with a laugh.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:35 pm
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

User Image
XXXXXXXXXX: Tohru : Lin-Mei :
AvatarxxxxxxTraineexxxxxx3 5 0 ll 3 5 0XXX

XXXXXXXXXX▄▀▄▀▄ : Elemental ▪▪ Harmony : ▄▀▄▀▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[incorrecto, Dandii my dear, for my natural element is Earth! As such I learn my earthbending in half the time! Sadly, Airbending will take forever @.@ 40 posts to just unlock master rank...not looking forward to that]

15 for stage 3, 1/2 for natural element, -2 for student bonus, stage 3 unlock = 5 posts. Let's dance!

Tohru began by taking in deep breaths and steadying herself. Clearing her mind of all thoughts, she widened her stance, pulled her arms in closer to the core of her body, and focused on one area of the ground on the other side of the throne room. She thrust forward with one arm, trying to raise the earth, but it was to no avail. [1/5]

Keeping her mind focused on the same patch of ground as before, Tohru regained her stance. With one more thrust, She was able to slightly shake the earth in her target location. The shockwave shook several small pebbles into a row, and that's when she got the idea. [2/5]

Tohru stomped the ground and raised a medium sized stone into the air. Punching outward, the young avatar launched the stone directly away from her. In the middle of it's flight, she drew her outstretched fist inward, causing the stone to shake for a second before flying towards Tohru a few inches and landing on the floor. [3/5]

This little bit of inspiration was all she needed. Tohru began to repeat the process, throwing and returning the stone. At first it was a little shaky, but she nailed it after a good dozen or so rotations. With one final pull, the stone collided with her fist, turning into sand and blasting her face. [4/5]

Tohru brushed the sand out of her hair and eyes, then regained her original stance. She had gotten the art of moving distant earth in the air to a science, now all she had to do was raise the ground. Suddenly, a large wave of over confidence filled her. Tohru quickly spun around and stomped, raising a stone in the air, which she kicked at the Earth Queen's head. Keeping a close eye on the distance of the stone, Tohru stomped her other foot and raised a large wall to catch the boulder inches before hitting the queen. [5/5]

As the wall lowered, the Queen would see a large, relieved grin on Tohru's face. "I told you I was good," she bragged.

XXXXXXXXXX▄▀▄▀▄ : Rebellious ▪▪ Passionate ▪▪ Loud : ▄▀▄▀▄

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Earth Queenxxxxxxxxx
User Image

xxxxxAs the boulder neared her head, Layna was ready to protect herself from it. However, Tohru stopped it before the Queen was willing to. "Do not get cocky, young Avatar. I could dismiss you from training just as easily as I accepted you to my tutelage. Many hard hearts would have seen that as an attempt on my life. I, however, understand that you a simply excited and willing to show off. Do not make that mistake when training in the other elements. Antics may not be appreciated by all." Layna had been a prankster in her youth, and she continued to live with a jokester, her sister. She understood what it was to be young and rebellious. But she needed to learn respect lest she wished to have every master turn a cold shoulder.

xxxxx"Now practice the two bending moves I demonstrated as well as this last one. I will not show it in full because Stone Dome is dangerous to allies and I'd rather not crush everyone in my court." The Queen collected a number of loose stones then took up a wide stance. She squared her shoulders, inhaled, and curled inward. The stones flew and collected about her to form a protective dome. With a punch of her hand a few of the stones flew outward, away from anyone in the room. She then let the rest fall to the ground as she stepped free of them. "Stone Dome, Rock Spikes, and Dual Strike. Go, and please don't lob anything at my head this time."

(You're the avaturd snuff so you know best on the post requirements. XD
Mah bad. GO GO GO!)

xxxxxLooking to her sister, Layna gave her a nod. "Well done Niknak. You can practice some more or take a break for now." The quilled chameleon squeaked out a sound of congratulations to Nikki as he turned a bright shade of pink. He bounced a bit on Nikki's shoulder before settling back down.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:00 pm
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

User Image
XXXXXXXXXX: Tohru : Lin-Mei :
AvatarxxxxxxTraineexxxxxx3 5 0 ll 3 5 0XXX

XXXXXXXXXX▄▀▄▀▄ : Elemental ▪▪ Harmony : ▄▀▄▀▄

Tohru's face grew serious, for once. "You're right. I was out of line and I'm sorry." Her solemn attitude wouldn't last long however. Once the apology was over, she'd be right back to her old self.

She began to steady her breath and focus her chi, picturing a dome in her mind. Next, Tohru would stomp the ground with one foot and bring in both fists to her core. As she did, several stones would collect around her. Next, she would punch outward, sending the stones flying outwards, stopping after a few inches of movement. [1/1]

As the stones from the previous skills settled, Tohru Punched forward and faced her palm upwards. With a sudden, clenching motion, she'd cause several small spikes to litter the flow before releasing the skill and smothering then back out. [1/1]

Her stance was off for this next move. Tohru widened her feet and brought her fists back inwards. Suddenly, she stepped forward once, thrusting outwards with her fist. Without missing a beat, she repeated the process, but with the other foot and arm. As she advanced, two large spikes shot up from the floor, crossing each other like two blades. [1/1]

XXXXXXXXXX▄▀▄▀▄ : Rebellious ▪▪ Passionate ▪▪ Loud : ▄▀▄▀▄

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:32 pm
RavennaGrimoire

Holy crap, I totally didn't see your post.
I'm very sorry.

I'm responding now  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Earth Queenxxxxxxxxx
User Image

(( Again I am soooo sorry I completely missed your post.
Also I'm a bit buzzed so I'm sorry in advanced for the poor quality. ))

xxxxxHis nervousness made her chuckle, "You have impeccable timing, young one. I require one thing," She tucked her hands together, "What is your name?" If he would answer Layna would jump right into teaching. (mfing copy paste) "Earth bending is about sturdy stances. Earth is the element of strength, it is stubborn and unyielding. To use it to your will you must not given to it." She then demonstrated the same three skills she had shown Nikki. Rock Throw, Rock Wall, and Stone Spike. "Practice balance, sturdiness, and collecting your chi and then you may learn those three skills."

(( 5 training posts to unlock the stage.
1 post each for the three techniques.
8 posts in total.
A post is considered to be at least three sentences and you may do all 8 in one post. ))

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Noir | Frost | Mercenary
| Chi: 350/350 || Trainee || Non-Bender || Childish Amazement: Adult Time

Noir made his way to the palace after a long trek, unlike these earthbenders he moved comparably slower to get to his destination. He rubbed the back of his neck with Noire, not leaving a cut on his skin since he was a little smarter than the average bear. Noir looked all around, he was starting to explore a little more than he normally would have thanks to his boredom, he had no way to train himself for now so he was taking up tons of time just running around. He made his way on to the inside, wanting to see others practice...he knew that in his field of work he'd have to fight eventually, there was no way around it, he knew he was from the Earth Kingdom, but there was no harm in scoping out those here...what was he doing here of all people? Easy...he was going to ask to advance in rank, his reason being that he was terribly weak, there was no way around it really. The best way to get stronger was to push his body's limits, and without training would make him far stronger, in mind and body. He didn't make the smallest effort to look unthreatening, he held Noire and Weiss close, and some people would take that as him being in his combat stance due to the way he stood with the weapons out. "I...need to talk to the ruler here."

Current Thoughts: ["..."]

"Even in darkness...I shall be the light!"

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:28 pm
User Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄
4'ft 9'in tall // 14 years old

Chi: 500

Water Bender...

Autumn made it to the palace, seeing the outside of the very large building. Very odd structure made to things sheave seen. So wide open space out here with only some number of people and carriages at the front. Autumn could gone any further in when a guard came up to her and asked her business. She gotten nervous right away, but quickly calm herself and remember what Yun said. "I am a noble's daughter of Ling Jei Wan, and this man is with me as my body guard that my father hired. I would very much like to visit the palace with my own reason, please." She answered to the man in a calm, noble way. Her act is a little farfetched but to look at it more later, he agreed to let them inside the palace. The servant lead them into only the lounge so the could rest up from their traveling with seats and goods.

Autumn took the snacky food and took a nibble on it. "Fufufu... did I do good?" She whisper to Yun, seeing they did got inside the palace now, but knows she still need to stay in character.

...Northern Tribe

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:33 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

The one whos fists flow like the gentle river.

Yun bowed to the guard in the usual way he would as he followed Autumn. He chuckled a bit, watching her. He just knew that she was enjoying this more than he was. He bends down to her, like a servant would, when she was whispering to him.

"You did fine, mi'lady. Your father would be proud to see the etiquette lessons are paying off."  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:52 pm
User Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄
4'ft 9'in tall // 14 years old

Chi: 500

Water Bender...

Autumn chuckled, hearing Yun is staying in character so well. She has no idea what kind of lesson he is talking about. It's a silly weird word, but it must be something fancy. "Tell me, have you ever been inside this palace? You once started in the bottom ring of the city and made your way up, right." She asked him a low calming tone. If they stay in character, they might as well doing it while telling each other about their past.

...Northern Tribe

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Noir | Frost | Mercenary
| Chi: 350/350 || Trainee || Non-Bender || Childish Amazement: Adult Time

Noir saw two people pass by and followed after them as if it were nothing, why not? One thing struck him as odd...he had never seen these people in his life, what were they doing here of all places? Judging from the girl's looks she was from the upper echelon here, Noir thought it was a good idea to introduce himself as a sellsword...maybe he could earn a little pay from her, and it'd be a good test of his skills too, having just one hired arm wasn't really too much protection. "Excuse me, did I hear that correctly? You're a noble, yes? Would you be seeking another bodyguard while you're here?" Noir asked Autumn, completely clueless, he was suspicious, but he didn't doubt that she was from the Earth Kingdom. "Free of charge." He made sure to add, this one was on the house for one reason and one reason only...because he wanted to improive his skills before he worried about personal income, it wasn't like he was broke or anything. He glanced over t un with a blank face, then his expression switched to apologetic, he didn't know he was intruding upon a conversation. "Oh, sorry...if you're busy I could always come back another time."

Current Thoughts: ["..."]

"Even in darkness...I shall be the light!"

[[Help me...so bored...]]  
[EA] Ba Sing Se

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out