Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legend of Korra: Spirits of Past, Present and Future.

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for the discussion and later on roleplays for Legend of Korra. We're also big on Avatar: The Last Airbender. 

Tags: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Roleplay, Discussion, Nickelodeon 

Reply Pro-bending Arena [Roleplay]
Main Story Role play Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vader-lifer14
Crew

Overcharged Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:24 pm
Koga listened to her story carefully, now realizing what that tattoo was for. He had heard of the white lotus, and their duty to the avatar, so he could imagine that being in the order was a real challenge, one that Luna managed to avoid. The tattoo was kinda hot on her, though, not gonna lie. "Well, I have something..." He trailed off, pulling the pistol out from his vest. It was truly a marvel that the Elemental Nations or Republic City had never seen before. The thing looked like a revolver, but the gun was made of bronze and decorated with gold. There were two names engraved into the side: "Fenris and Mika." These were the names of his parents. Koga checked the weapon over, then picked one of the targets, letting off the first shot. A qucik burst of fire spewed from the barrel, sending a metal round into the head of the target, the shot echoing like the crack of thunder throughout the gym. He repeated this with the next five shots, hitting different spots on the dummy, leaving a star shaped pattern on the thing's chest area. Smoke trailed from the barrel, leaving Koga satisfied for the moment.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:37 pm
"What is that thing?" she asked, as he pulled it out.
The first shot made her jump, but by the last one, curiosity overwhelmed her. She went over, and examined it.
"How does it do that? is it fire bending? I thought you said you couldn't bend!" she added.
She reached out, her fingertips playing on the cool metal. She looked up at him, and blushed, pulling back a bit.
"Sorry, I shouldn't get so close...I was just curious."

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

vader-lifer14
Crew

Overcharged Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:50 pm
Koga saw the curiosity in Luna's eyes, and couldn't help but chuckle, finding it refreshing, and seeing the girl blush was an added bonus. "It's alright. There's literally nothing like it out there now, so I kinda expected your reaction." He began, smiling. "It's not firebending, actually. It's not any form of bending. It's a form of weapon called a firearm, or gun. I made it when I was 11. My dad left a lot of stuff behind in the workshop he had, so I was able to make something to defend myself. We live in scary times, so it's better to have something like this and not need it, than need it and not have it." He said, showing her the engraving on the gun. The names on there are those of my parents. I lost them when I was young, so I carved there names here to say that they'd always be with me. Symbolism, and all that." He added.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:58 pm
"That's... pretty intense,' she said. "I wish that my parents and I had something that strong. We don't." she ran her fingers over the names. "I wonder what it would be like having someone that important. I mean, there's always my teammates, but.. its not the same at all."
She took a deep breath, and went to the targets. With three quick motions, three targets were incinerated by lightning.
"They fear me... and I don't like it. I have an attunement for lightning, instead of fire coming first. It's hard to explain to people. I'm like, a freak in the firebending world, instead of just the bending world."
She looked at him. 'But that fire arm thing is pretty cool."

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

vader-lifer14
Crew

Overcharged Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:10 pm
Koga was a bit surprised. From the short time he spent with Luna, she didn't seem like a freak, even if she was a bender. Sure, he generally disliked benders for the fact that the only one he liked and respected was his father, and bending gangs killed his mother, but Luna actually seemed nice. "Thanks....and you don't seem like a freak to me. You seem like any person who just wants a better relationship with others. besides, I heard lightning is freakishly hard for firebenders, so for you to learn it first, you've gotta be special." The eyepatch wearing red head told her, giving her a smile. She was a bender, but he wanted to get to know her as a person, so he was nice to her. Sure, he was hesitant at first, but he was becoming a bit more open minded by talking to her.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:18 pm
She smiled at him, braiding her hair over her shoulder. "Come on! let's go to the roof. The view up there is killer, and only a few places around here get to see it," she said, taking his hand and pulling him to the stairs. She opened the door to the roof, the wind catching her hair and blowing it away from her face. She looked at him with her gold eyes, and laughed, sitting on the edge of the building. "I come up here to think, and to get away. You see... emotions feel like static to me, its why I don't train at the main gym. It gets too energized, and my bending goes off on its own.." she looked at her red haired friend, and smiled.
"how did you.. how did you get the eyepatch?"  

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

vader-lifer14
Crew

Overcharged Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:28 pm
Koga didn't expect to be pulled up the stairs, but he had to admit, the view was indeed spectacular, like Luna said it would be. The one eyed inventor walked over to his new white haired friend and sat on the edge with her, listening to her story. He was kinda glad he wasn't a bender. Bending seemed very hard to control, from what she described. At the question about his eyepatch, Koga was a bit embarrassed at the memory. "Well, when I first tried making a pistol, I put too much blasting powder into one of the shells that the first prototype fired. The project blew up in my face, quite literally. I've tried passing it off as a battle scar to make myself look cool, but I got bored with that and decided to live with that little mess and improve my work. Now, I have a working model, and I still get to see things. At least I can still look on the bright side." He joked, but there was a bit of wisdom in there, when ya think about it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:26 am
Luna gave off a slight laugh.
"I wish I had the ability to see on the bright side too," she said. She looked out. "Though... you being an inventor is pretty cool. If I wasn't a pro bender, I hope I could have been something like that. More than just a warrior, a protector. More than a white lotus, in the end," she said.
She looked out at the waves, and twisted her hand, forming a small flickering of light. She smiled at the little flame, and let it go out.
"Ah! But enough about me... I have that sad past, but it doesn't matter, cause I'm happy now."

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

vader-lifer14
Crew

Overcharged Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:38 am
Koga smiled, taking Luna's words about moving on from the past to heart. He knew his parents were gone, but that's why he carved their names into his gun. To keep them with him. Koga also gained a bit of insight on his new friend, and he was always happy to discover something or someone new to him. The inventor smiled at Luna. "Thanks for dragging me up here." He said, a bit of humor thrown in. He was happy to meet someone new, and as of now, Luna was someone he could hang out with, even if she was a bender. Wow, they only met once, and he was feeling pretty good right now. Weird....but who cares? He looked off at the city, once again taken in by the view.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:38 am

"Mmmm..." She looked out and smiled. It was weird that Koga made things a bit easier for her. In the city, She was simply too much of a stand out for a fire nation girl.
"So.. you should come see one of my matches sometime." she said, looking at him. "That is, if you want too. We're currently undefeated, and it's pretty interesting... though the fans are a bit rowdy."

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Captain Syrus Haley
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:57 am
Yami Alexander 4
Sora eagerly rushed off the boat, slightly hyperventilating. Large bodies of water where never friendly with her.

Once calmed she looked up at the temple, she could only see a few guards that had a white lotus on there armor.

She picked up her measly travel bag and walked up to the buildings.

Syrus, who had just gotten out of a meditation session, walked up to her and bowed. "Welcome to Air Temple Island, I'm Syrus. I can help you with your, uh, bag if you wish." He gestured to her one small bag.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:53 am
Koga thought to himself for a moment. He had listened to pro bending matches once before on the radio, but had never seen one. This could be a chance to discover something more about bending that he didn't really know. He was becoming more open minded, so it would be perfect. Plus, watching Luna in action would be fun, too. "Sure. I'll come and watch. Sounds like fun." He told his new friend with a smile.  

vader-lifer14
Crew

Overcharged Lunatic

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:32 pm
She stood up quickly, and looked down at him. "Our match is tomorrow night, so you better be there! You can even come sit in the waiting area for the teams. It's less crowded there."
She let out a little laugh. "I'm glad I met you today, though...I've been here for years, and I've never really had a friend before... the other benders I meet are on other teams so its harder to get along with them. My teammates only joined me becaue they want to be on my side... I personally have been wanting a friend for a long time!"

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:40 pm
Koga smiled, a bit of a blush on his face. "Thanks....and I'll be there, don't you worry!" He told her. He was going to see something totally new to him, and he had just made a new friend. Things were looking up for the young inventor. Watching Luna in a match seemed fun, and sitting in the team waiting area sounded a lot better than dealing with the crowd. "I've never really seen a pro bending match before. Guess tomorrow's gonna be my first." He added, wondering what it would be like. He never really went out to all the big things in the city. He mostly sat in his workshop, tinkering with old spare parts and making new things.  

vader-lifer14
Crew

Overcharged Lunatic

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:25 pm

With a laugh, a gust of wind caught the two of them. "Come on, we should get up and go back inside... you can show me how to use your gun, and then, we should spar! I promise that I won't use any bending." she said. She grinned at him. "After runs, I always feel like sparring... you caught me right when I finished up."

Pro-bending Arena [Roleplay]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff