Submit

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:34 pm
To graduate from novice rank, one has to learn stage two of their initial art and stage 1 of their second, at the least. As a bender, would you need to learn two bending arts, or are you allowed to learn bending as your initial, lets say, and a weapon style as your second art?  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:43 pm
Actually in relating to that, I just noticed that right now there is only one non-bending art. Is there an exception for non-benders for now on getting past novice, or are they just sitting at novice until a few of the other non-bending arts are released?  

call_me_ishmail1

Dapper Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:38 pm
So what's the likelihood of getting a character without bending, or without a primary element for bending?
Also, when is the tourney and what's the likelihood of a one man team if we can't find a partner?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:52 pm
DGwar
So what's the likelihood of getting a character without bending, or without a primary element for bending?
Also, when is the tourney and what's the likelihood of a one man team if we can't find a partner?

It's possible to have a character with no bending ability's. Nonbenders are just as much part of the Avatar world as the benders. So your man focus can be on swords or weapons.

One man team isn't that much possible. Being out number wont play fairly in the pro-bending even to the avatar. Ether really get someone to be in your team or actually have a agreement to have a one-on-one battle. Though this should more solid info from Sniff since she's running the event. >.>  

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:54 pm
Chilling2
DGwar

It's possible to have a character with no bending ability's. Nonbenders are just as much part of the Avatar world as the benders. So your man focus can be on swords or weapons.

One man team isn't that much possible. Being out number wont play fairly in the pro-bending even to the avatar. Ether really get someone to be in your team or actually have a agreement to have a one-on-one battle. Though this should more solid info from Sniff since she's running the event. >.>

Eh, numbers aren't something that concerns me.
Having a solid character is something that does.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:09 am
Sergeant Bloodhound
To graduate from novice rank, one has to learn stage two of their initial art and stage 1 of their second, at the least. As a bender, would you need to learn two bending arts, or are you allowed to learn bending as your initial, lets say, and a weapon style as your second art?

benders may not learn weapon styles, but may learn hand to hand, chi blocking being the only exception. And yes, all you need are 2 styles. If you wanted, you could rank up learning nothing but hand to hand, but i wouldnt recommend it.

@Ish

We are currently working on hand to hand and weapon styles. I will also be recruiting a martial artist master to wander around and teach non-benders.

@DG

You may have a non-bender, though right now, it's kind of iffy, as we only have 1 style for them. As for sub-elements and stuff, things like lightning bending, bloodbending, ect will be introduced in a later update as bending specializations.

and the tournament kicks off on the 7th of june. 1 on 1 will not be done, sadly. There are many people out there looking for partners, just need to offer yourself to people...and remember, keep it clean!  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:15 am
Snuffins

I meant like, 1v2 and whatnot.
As is, no special anything for the team with one guy.

And I didn't mean lightning or blood bending or anything like that.
Something, different.
I dunno.
I'm probably just being retarded.
I've been stuck on a metal manipulating character since the loss of Xavier.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:17 am
DGwar
Snuffins

I meant like, 1v2 and whatnot.
As is, no special anything for the team with one guy.

And I didn't mean lightning or blood bending or anything like that.
Something, different.
I dunno.
I'm probably just being retarded.
I've been stuck on a metal manipulating character since the loss of Xavier.

1v2?
I guess I can try and work something out...if people agree to it that is...

but if you want metal manipulation, go earthbending. They will have the option for metalbending once they get their specialization  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:28 am
Hmm... I suppose.
I should probably read more into the rules before making a character and whatnot.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:29 am
i actually have yet to post those as rules.....but yes..you should...

as should everyone -.-  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

call_me_ishmail1

Dapper Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:40 pm
Well, I was planning on a non-bender, and I had a hand to hand thing as you knew snuff, I just really needed to finish it off. I just wish I had the whole crunch thing down.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:28 pm
Just... whatever you do DG... don't say you can use metalbending to control giant robots or augment your body... your mortality will be tested by my bullet to your head, and what happens after that will be swift...  

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:38 pm
Etr0
Just... whatever you do DG... don't say you can use metalbending to control giant robots or augment your body... your mortality will be tested by my bullet to your head, and what happens after that will be swift...

bro...that was urban's thing....and I think he knows what's acceptable in this guild. Please dont incite stuff...  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:45 pm
Don't worry Shane, I'm not going to go all technomonger on this RP. Xavier was probably a once in a lifetime character and apparently he's not allowed back in either RP he was in so yea. Fun stuff.

I am curious about the limitations on equipment though. I don't think I saw any in the rules.

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Akihiko Kazuki

Beloved Sex Symbol

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:47 am
Are you aloud to have someone from the sun warrior tribe that Zuko and Aang visited on Aangs quest to learn firebending?  
Avatar the Last Airbender: Spirit's Wrath

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff