Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World is Ours // CLOSED

Back to Guilds

The roleplay haven. Join for endless fun~ 

Tags: Roleplaying, Literate, Fantasy, Action, Adventure 

Reply {{:Literate/Advanced Lit Rps:}}
The Firmament of Avelle (Accepting / Starting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tytun

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:29 pm
Ackear Umbra
Asaosh of Balance / Libro
User Image

As he moved on, the male partly heard the mutter the woman had given him. This he didn't pay much attention to, nor did he pause when she had sneezed. Only when she was following alongside him, speaking about how they knew each other did he mentally pay attention, though his eyes remained fixated on the book. When she began to walk on, his mind started clicking things together. She had first said "the Scales" and "the other Asaosh general". This already was interesting, as she knew of his, admittedly forced, appointed position. Though, that didn't mean much to the Empire now, since he wasn't exactly on good terms with them. What had been said next was what really interested him. Letters holding a debate... Then, that was her? Slowly, he closed the book with care, taking her words into account, and then, with a turn, rushed in his levitation back to her.

Moving in front of her, he paused to look at her fully now as a soft smile appeared on his face. "If that's the case, then you must be Aquarius, the wielder of the Turquoise Urn. I suppose I should have realized that, what with you being the only other person I've seen here. Our debate was very pleasant, indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed your thoughts and was happy that you expressed similarly to mine." Seeing her face a bit more clearly now, he then said, "You look exhausted... If you need to rest, I will not keep you waiting. If not, I'd be happy to speak more with you."

Come one, come all
Let the Scale judge your soul
Be it good, and you will triumph
Be it evil, and your spirit is forever foul...

Miera42

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:08 pm
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

"Whoa...!" Selani was startled by the sudden rush and the floating...No, LEVITATING. No bobbing! she reminded herself...man suddenly stopping in front of her. Arms back, Selani bent a little to avoid touching Akear. This stuck the light of the icecrystal right in her eyes, and Selani rubbed at them as she took the step back to get to polite speaking distance. Blinking and attentive, Selani gave a shy smile. "Really? It was nice to know I wasn't the only one questioning the Empire's methods. Some of the ideas are great, but the applications..." She made a face. "Not so much would be a grave understatement." Hiding another yawn, Selani shook her head quickly, smiling at Akear. "I don't know why I would be exhausted...used to be able to read through a week straight with very little sleep...I guess it's adapting to a different time cycle so I'm not as bothered by the diurnal visiters to this place." Blinking, Selani sighed and tapped her head with her knuckles. "Pardon me. Yes, I am bearer of the Aquarius artifact. Not so much bearer now, since it's stuck in the middle of the library... My name is Selani K'Tanuk, I'm actually from north aways, the frozen forests before you hit the Celestial Barrier. Shlen'hiah..." she introduced herself, giving a small bow and a greeting in her Clan's way. Standing straight again, Selani smiled and shook her head. "I would gladly stop to speak with you. Nowadays, I usually just read and do research until I'm bored... And then I sleep. So, you can almost say when I'm bored is when I sleep, and I sleep because I'm bored." Turning the way Akear had initially been going, Selani took a few halls and rooms that actually led to other rooms without connecting to a hall, and head straight for the middle of the library. A clear dome at the apex of the secondary dome keeping Upsilon enclosed was the top of the library's central area. And in the center of that was a small fountain, which led out from the library into waterfalls through channels. "This water, as I'm sure you know, is from the Urn. It's actually down in the mountain we're on top of a ways, but this is where the flow comes from." The moon shone down on Selani's light blue hair, and she turned her pale eyes to Akear before sitting on a bench to lean over and drink from the fountain. Instantly her fatigue was gone, and Selani gave her costumary smile and murmured thanks to the water before turning to look at Akear again. "What would you like to talk about?" she asked cheerfully.

~*~

I am Selani K'Thanuk, Asaosh

General OoC:
Doo dee doo...

Tytun

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100

Tytun

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:28 pm
Ackear Umbra
User Image

The male was actually glad, for once ever since he was forced to stay here. This woman, whom had given him her name as Selani K'Tanuk, was one of the few who expressed similar interest in his opinion of what should happen to the artifacts, and the only other to actually 'debate' about it. It was a bit saddening to see what a mind like hers stuck in this place, though he supposed it couldn't be helped. Just like him, it seemed...

After a soft chuckle from her comment about her sleep connected to her boredom, he then bowed lightly in flight as he said, "I see... Well, Selani, my name is Ackear Umbra. My homeland is within the eastern borders, in a... warmer location, I would say." With her heading off in a direction, Ackear followed along with her though he dropped to his feet. While levitation was much easier, it didn't feel to him of giving the same impact toward another interesting person as simply walking with them. Once they had reached the center of the library, which was well hidden to be honest, the male watched as Selani took a drink from the fountain, her soft blue hair glistening in the light of the moon. Hearing her cheerfulness, Ackear chuckled light once again as he sat down beside her. "I don't have much of a preference, really," he said admittedly. "Considering that I didn't even know you were here to begin with, I'm just thankful that there's someone here to talk with aside from my own whimsical mind."

Come one, come all

Miera42

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:28 pm
User ImageUser Image[[ Rinne & Finris ]] ----

The twins each came out of their shared tent as Rin watched her brother closely as he watched all others around them in a rather suggestive way, she was disturbed by it, so flaunting of himself without care, how could he be so unwavering of others? She caught his eye then as they both noted that they were not happy with being near each other, perhaps they would destroy each other later once more.

"My my, what a sight."

Finris took a spot standing beside General Alyessa, smiling at her: "And I' not just speaking of the sands."

"Shut up Finris, she will hardly find your charms alluring when you are the biggest tease we know."

Fin snarled at Rin as she joined them as well, standing on the other side of Alyessa. The two once again met each others gazes and narrowed with upset but Rin spoke first before his brother could begin.

"We've gotten a report of possible rebel movements, that we are to seek out a brain behind the movements of the rebels."

"Possibly a tactician with the basic knowledge of military movements."

"Though it sounds too advanced for the actions of rebels."

"So it may be one of the empire that has turned."

Alyavin

PrincessMaharea

Romantic Cultist

9,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:41 pm
User Image
"Alyessa" :: General Sagittarius

I have no home, the sky is my roof, the earth my bedding.
I have no love, the sun keeps me warm as any lover would.
I have no family, my heart and the gaia is my salvation.

Alyessa looked up towards Finris, then towards Rinne before looking towards the city once more. She was rather surprised and slightly annoyed that they had sent the Gemini and not someone with more... intelligence to help them, or someone more even, like the Scorpio or the Aquarius. But these two, their fighting would get in the way of what they had to do in the first place. She didn't have time to play babysitter with the twins when she had more important things to do.

"Then we will have to be careful on how we approach this, we are not so easy to blend into this, well.. I am not, so I will require both of your cooperation and will need you both to learn not to fight each other for at least the next day."

The viera was tempted to hit Finris for attempting to "hit" on her as the humans put it, but she was more concerned with other things first.

"Now, fetch the horses, we will leave soon."

The Viera took some more steps forwards away from the two that she had commanded to fetch the horses, she was the older, the smarter, the faster, and the more experienced, this meant that they took her orders and her words and she would strike down upon them should they decide to to obey.
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:09 am
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

Selani nodded in agreement, and shrugged. "I would try to talk to the scholars, but they'd either ignore me or tell 'such an impudent and disrespectful child to mind her elders'...pssh. I don't. Not my fault I'm over a century older than them," she sommented, sitting straight up and making her face all stiff and "proper" as she imitated the tones the scholars tended to use. "So, I figured, what the heck...I would just see what they were reading and try to figure out what they were working on. But that got boring quick..." Tapping her jaw with a slim finger, Selani grinned and turned to Akear. "How about you tell me what you're doing with La'Kaneid's grimoire? It's next on my list for my own research, is it any good?" Blinking, Selani facepalmed and raised a hand. "Sorry, you don't have to answer if you don't want to...experience with the scholars has taught me people could really be touchy about others knowing which books they were reading. So they lock them up and hide them... Which makes no sense, really, since they'd be missing so..." Selani shrugged, and blushed. "So I got in the habit of putting the books away. That's what helped me memorize the place when I first got here. It's not that bad, once you realize it's set up like how the galaxy's supposed to look..." the young Asaosh stated, raising an arm to gesture towards the stars easily visible above them. "One extremely nice thing about Upsilon, being so close to the Celestial Barrier, the stars are brighter than anywhere else except the highest mountains...and the moon's so big." Selani gave a smile, then turned wide eyes to Akear. "I'm sorry, you probably don't want me talking as much...bad habit. I find something to talk about and then I chatter away..." Selani trailed off, rubbing at a pointed ear in embarassment before sighing. Leaning back on her palms, Selani stared up at the bright stars and moon, and gave a wistful smile. "I wonder what it'd be like to fly among the stars..." she mused aloud, sounding dreamy.

~*~

General OoC:
I remember quite a different reaction the the Aquarius last time rofl too funny....gaaaah, spaz attack of the fingers gilbfzzshnik -_- blarg....ahhh, ADHD, why do you have to hit me so hard at night and come out in my characters' ramblings...? @_@

Tytun

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100

Tytun

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:25 am
Ackear Umbra
User Image

For the entire time Selani spoke, Ackear sat there and listened. Whenever she had made an interesting comment or asked a question, he opened his mouth to answer, but was immediately cut off as she either continued on or switched to a new topic. By the way she had finished, Ackear simply stared at her with a blank gaze. After a long moment of silence, a smirk cracked on his face as he chuckled softly at first, but then wholeheartedly at the end.

"A chatterbox, then? I can clearly see it in you," he joked as his hand raised up, poking a finger upon her forehead lightly. "It's not a problem, Selani. The fact that you can chatter on about these things is because you have a passion for them. I mean, not many would care to hear about how the library is arranged, but the fact that you do shows that you have a certain love for this place. Now..." he started, as he carefully opened the book to the page he had closed it upon, "You had asked what I was doing with this book... Let me show you." Flipping through the pages back to a certain point, and then flipping some more to point out various other things, he began, "I am currently in the process of making a specialized Sight potion. Due to being an Asaosh, I'm not able to hide my demonic presence in various ways. A main point of concern is through my pupil-less eyes. If this potion is successful, then I will be able to create 'artificial' pupils for my eyes in human form, allowing me one less indication of my demonic presence. Not just any Sight potion will work, of course. Because of my draconic and demonic blood, I need to use a very special set of ingredients with a certain balance. That's why I'm using this grimoire. It may not be able to tell me everything I need to know, if it isn't in here, but it will definitely get me much closer than before." With a pause, he then chuckled as he smiled warmly. "Ah, well... You can see my passion for this concoction, heh heh..."

Come one, come all

Miera42

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:43 am
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

Taking a look at the pages Akear was showing her, Selani got closer so she could flip through them, a finger keeping his spot. "Hunh...and you mean you can HEAR that in me," she chuckled. "And that's interesting. I never really considered the Asaosh demons though, just dragons..." Shrugging, Selani flipped through a few more pages before realizing she was probably in Akear's space. "Guh, sorry...I'll wait my turn for it, promise..." she apologised, blushing. Heaving a sigh, Selani nodded. "I do love it here...even though I complain of being bored, all the books and the gardens help keep me...balanced." Smiling softly at that choice, Selani turned curious eyes to Akear. "You don't have pupils? That's different...I have pupils. Hmm... So different lines of Asaosh have different human characteristics. Good to know. Wait, how'd that happen? To adapt to areas, or just blend in with the locals? That doesn't make much sense, since there aren't any elves back home, but we still have pointy ears when we come of age to find our bipedal form. Hnhhhh... I will have to look that up. Next...on my list...after those other things the prince sent me...ugh." Selani put an elbow on her knee, and rested her head on the palm. "What kind of things do you like...?" she asked after a short time of just staring calmly at Akear. "And I will try not to run you over with more babble." Selani smiled sheepishly, thinking at least she had gotten him to laugh...that was a good sign, especially if you wanted to be friends....right?

~*~

General OoC:

Tytun

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100

Tytun

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:58 am
Ackear Umbra
User Image

Hearing her correction, Ackear mentally chuckled to himself. As he watched her flip through the pages for whatever information she may have been after, he blinked when he realized how close her head was to his chest. This was sort of expected, though, since he was holding the book closer to him, instead of holding it out more where there was an even distance between them to it. When she apologized, he chuckled lightly as he moved the book into his other hand, wrapping his now free arm around her shoulder. It was rare for him to find a person this interested in, well, anything. He was especially enticed by her when she stated how the books and gardens helped her remained balance. Whether that was a play on words for his sake, or her honesty, it was a treat to his ears nonetheless. Hearing what she had to say about the pupils, though, he finally took notice that she, indeed, have pupils herself.

"So, you don't have the same issue?" he questioned, though it wasn't necessary. Looking down to the book for a moment, he then closed it and sat it aside as he sighed. "It wasn't easy to obtain a human form. Well, that's not true. It is easy to appear like a human, but not so if you wish to 'act' like one. I spent a long time watching over humans when I left home, learning their way of life. Eventually, I felt confident in my ability to mask myself as one of them. Of course, my clan of Asaosh has always had this issue, what with their eyes being pupil-less. I mean..." he stated, as his hands came up to the back of his head, untying the cloth had kept his eyes hidden. Once it had fallen down to his lap, he turned his gaze toward her, his eyes completely black and devoid of any visual notation of where he was looking. "With eyes like these, would any human believe me to be one of them?"

Come one, come all

Miera42

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:21 am
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

Making a small eeping noise of surprise when Akear touched her shoulder, Selani made herself relax, and even tucked into Akear's mild embrace slightly. When he talked about his eyes, Selani blinked and tilted her head to the side before righting her point of view. "Hunh. That's...kinda creepy to imagine stalking you in the dark. If you're afraid of the dark, anyway..." she commented, mostly to herself. "I personally just find it interesting." Selani thought of something, peering into his eyes and pressing gently against his jaw as if trying to move his head...though she didn't use that much force...and she gave a short giggle. "Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh, but the thought just came to mind...what if you said you had tattooed your eyeballs?" Selani sat back on her feet, now kneeling on the bench next to Akear. She gave a shrug. "Most, probably not. But there are spells that have that effect...or similar ones. Like maybe you were cursed...or blessed with dark eyes to see in the dark. That one's not that improbable, actually." Selani brought her legs together to sit cross-legged, placing her head in a hand to stare at Akear thoughtfully. "I think I even remember which book it's in. And it's a trait of your whole line? Interesting...I have GOT to write this down before I forget." Smiling, Selani lay a hand over Akear's sternum, and put his free one on hers. "'We both have hearts, as all Life does. All natural things have a heart. And they all beat the same, even when completely different...to live. And love.' It's something my mother liked to say." Selani let their hands drop, looking off to the side at a plant and reaching a finger to it. "It's a part of the magic I know and is a part of me and my line. People call us ice dragons because were usually so pale, delicate...deadly. But even though some of my Clan can freeze things and make ice anywhere, the name is a bit of a misnomer." Selani's smile grew kind of sad, before it cheered up when she looked back at Akear. "We're actually gardeners, and welcome the spring more than the winter. It's just no one ever came up the mountain. Well...they didn't use to." Selani's face hardened, her eyes sad and pained as she looked off across the growth in the garden. "That's how we were first introduced to the Empire, and what they'd done. My family probably still mourns." Taking a deep breath, Selani held it for a moment before letting it out again. "It's how I found the Urn...and now, it's let me talk to you," Selani smiled as she seemed to cheer right back up, though there was still a touch of emotions in her eyes as she poked Akear's forehead.

~*~

General OoC:
Yes, I know I'm playing the happier side of Aquarius this go around XD blame Akear, he spoke to her lol

Tytun

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100

Tytun

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:40 am
Ackear Umbra
User Image

Smirking very lightly, Ackear took what Selani initially had to say about his eyes with a nod. That's the expression and reaction that most people would have given him. Human, that is. Her next comment, however, somewhat caught him off guard, and thus he was even more unprepared for her when she pressed gently against his jaw. His surprise vanished, though, as she gave the first suggestion about his eyes, causing him to chuckle as he tapped her head lightly. If only it was that simple, this world would have been a far more humorous place. Taking in her other options that were more feasible, he nodded in silence, feeling that she would continue speaking like before. Which she did... Heh heh, she had a passion for almost everything, it seemed.

As she continued on, he blinked in surprise as her hand pressed upon his chest, her other taking his gently and making him touch hers as well. Despite his hand being on her clothing, her touch was... so soft. Had she been around humans or anyone else that didn't know her draconic nature, he would have easily surmised that they would have thought of her as just a beautiful and loving elven woman. When all was said and done, and after Selani had spoken about her race, he smiled back to her as he took his cloth, wrapping his eyes up again. It wasn't due to shyness, really. He had just worn the cloth for so long, he felt 'naked' without it.

"Your mother is very wise, I would have loved the chance to have met her," he spoke as he looked to her. "Unfortunately, we are stuck behind these walls, until this whole ordeal is over. Heh... For my eyes, not everyone would believe the fabricated story I would weave for them. That is the purpose of the potion, to prevent myself from having to make those stories. Thanks, though... for your advice and concern." He wanted to speak more, due to her pained expression involving the Empire, but... he didn't know what to say to her about it. Maybe it was just best to be left silent for now...

Come one, come all

< OOC: Don't blame Ackear. D: ...Okay, go ahead. XP Still, this won't stop you from playing the other side if necessary. >

Miera42

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:01 am
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

Raising an eyebrow like she didn't get why Aknear would put the pant back on, Selani looked away for a moment, messing with something under her clothing around her neck. "Actually...we can. Or, I can, at least..." Selani whispered, hunching her shoulders slightly. "Um...I do a lot of research into history, and old myths...and magic. The Prince let's me since technically I'm supposed to be reasearching about the star relics..." Selani wouldn't look at Akear, kicking her bare foot out off th bench a bit from where she had changed position...again. "I'm probably the closest thing to an expert on them..." Chewing on the inside of her cheek, Selani finally dropped her hand from her neck and gave Akear a quick peek. "You...want to come on a trip...? I can't have them ALL the time and have to pre-schedule them, but...I have one coming up within this week," Selani offered. "Wait...it might actually be today..." Frowning slightly, Selani stared at the ground, chewing on her cheeks some more. "You wouldn't get to meet my mother, but if you're from the desert then you'll probably like it better than here..." Deciding to change the subject, Selani lightly tucked on the extra fabric without actually yanking hard enough to move it or anything. "Or...you could leave it on and just saw you're lice Justice...'cept that's technically blind, but the books talking about the scales has a blindfolded woman. So, you're actuallly following a pattern...wait, that's a thought! I need to write that down too. Hmmm...what else was I going to write down? Hnhh..." Selani tapped her head with her knuckles a few times as she thought. "Oh yeah...Asaosh lines and traits, as well as the differences regarding so-called human forms...got it." Standing, Selani smiled and offered Ackear her free hand as she dusted herself with the other. "Come on, and I can show you my latest project," she said, smiling as if they hadn't been serious not too long ago.

~*~

General OoC:
I know XD you'll get to see her be all shy and "don't hit me!" Like she was for a bit when she didn't know who you were or what you were doing (: mainly around the rabbit though XD at least in the old one rolleyes gyah, gotta stop comparing 'em

Just realized....I've been misspelling your name eek want me to go back and fix them all, or just not worry about it?

Tytun

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100

Alyavin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:26 am
User ImageUser Image
Rinne & Finris

The Gemini
User Image

While Rinne had nodded and turned to fetch her horses, her brother was not as grateful to take Alyessa's orders, they were all generals, which meant he didn't hae to submit to her and take her orders. Why was she so great as to think she could tell them what to do? He could understand Rinne, she was just a wall flower, but Finris was too prideful for such a meaningless request.

"I will not be told to fetch anything."

He folded his arms looking back to his sister who rolled her eyes at him and went to do as she had been told. Her brother had always been the more hardheaded and prideful yet rash one. She preferred to stay back, obey, and later take what repercussions she wished, but for such a simple task, he need not explode on the fellow general. Finris had waited for his sister to step back before looking to the tall, but still shorter general.

"I do not appreciate being spoken to as if I am not your equal, General Alyessa."

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:44 am
User Image
"Alyessa" :: General Sagittarius

I have no home, the sky is my roof, the earth my bedding.
I have no love, the sun keeps me warm as any lover would.
I have no family, my heart and the gaia is my salvation.

Alyessa's pink eyes looked to Finris for the first time since he had arrived, she had no interest in dealing with children, even to their own kind, they were barely the mentality of pre-teens, not even out of the stages of being toddlers. So that's how she would treat them, as children, because this is what they were. Fin however was hardheaded and an imbecile at best to think she would speak highly of him or that she would treat them equally; or have any interest in his failed attempts of flirtatious passes. She was silent for a moment to his words, staring in straight in the eyes with no fear before looking back out towards the sands.

"You are not my equal. It is my understanding that the prince reefers to you as the Gemini only when both you and Rin are present, therefore, one can only assume that when you are half a pair, you are both half a general, and half a person. I do not lend my respect to half of a being."

She was quiet a moment longer before speaking once more before he had a chance to rebuttal.

"I say these things because they are facts. You are an emotionally lead creature, you cannot possibly understand how to accept these things for what they are."

PrincessMaharea

Romantic Cultist

9,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hellraiser 500

Alyavin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 am
User ImageUser Image
Rinne & Finris

The Gemini
User Image

Fin could not believe he had heard her say that to him! He was just as well alone as he was with Rin! He didn't need her at his side in order to be a full man! He was infuriated by this rabbit woman assuming she knew what was what when it came to him and his sister! She didn't know anything of their kind to say those things! The prince was just as accepting of him alone as with Rin, wasn't he? He couldn't stand how apathetic her tone had been the whole time when saying that, and when he prepared to speak she spoke once more, saying that he perhaps couldn't understand or handle these "facts" as she put them.

"I am just as well a full man alone! I do not require the presence of my weakling sister to be great! And I do not require your acceptance! I am a full general just as you are Alyessa! And I am sure that my kind would rather be emotional than be made of stone!"

Rin coughed towards her brother as she had arrived with the horses. She looked at him, showing she disapproved of the way he was being.

"We should respect our general and our elder regardless, Finris."

"Shut up, Rin."

"I do not need to for I do not speak ill of General Alyessa! At least I approach with respect and not with some stupid pass!"

Fin growled loudly and quickly stomped over there and gave his sister a good sock to the jaw.

{{:Literate/Advanced Lit Rps:}}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff