• Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:30 pm
User Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄
4'ft 9'in tall // 14 years old

Chi: 500

Water Bender...

Autumn is making stumps and big steps, moving around in the iron ship. Her curiosity kicks in the strange stretcher of this giant thing. It's so hard and sold, and it's makes a sound when it get's contact. She knocks on the iron walls, hearing the echoing of the metal makes. "*Tink* *tink*" Autumn then grabbed something laying around and start hitting the wall with it, which was a stick. "*Tuck* Tuck*" She than move on to a big thing. She found a sword laying around and want to test out the sound of metal on metal. The thing was heavy. She raised the sword above her head like she's gonna attack the iron wall.

...Northern Tribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:40 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

The one whos fists flow like the gentle river.

Yun walks over to the noise and finds Autumn playing with the sword. He chuckles, approaching her and then slowly taking the sword from.

"No, like this."

He leads her out onto the deck. Looking at the blade, it was a traditional straight sword, common among regular citizens who own a weapon. He holds the blade and begins to move in a very elegant style. It almost looked like he was dancing, but each movement had a reason to it, and, almost without warning, sharp, quick, and deadly strikes.  

Cain the Blade

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:53 pm
User Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄

Water Bender...

Autumn notice right away that Yun took away the sword from her but in a kind manner. She was acting irresponsible, but he doesn't seam to notice.

Autumn followed him over to the deck and watched his dance. "Ooooh~ What's that you're doing?"

...Northern Tribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:56 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun stopped, taking the sword and sheathing it. He was sure that the merchants wouldn't mind if he took it; the jian was a standard one, nothing special. He sheathes it in his belt, then sits down.

"When I was born, I was raised in the western air temple. There, I watched the monks train in a swordstyle. It looked like flowing water and circled like the moon. It was beautiful, but each movement had a purpose."  

Cain the Blade

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:05 pm
User Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄

Water Bender...

"Is there anything that you haven't learned? You know how to play a sword, how to camp, how to travel! You know so much." She said a little energetic of how well he is, but feeling sad about herself too. Yun's is good with many stuff. Autumn couldn't even travel out side of the north pole with out him.

...Northern Tribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:09 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun chuckles.

"When you live out on your own, in the wild, you watch. You observe everything around you. The trees, the plants, the fish in the streams, the birds and the animals. You also observe humans. By watching the animals, you learn about hidden travel routes in the forests and mountains. The birds alert you of the dangers. Certain fish can only thrive in water that is clean. The trees shade you and provide protection. Plants for food and medicine."

He smiles.

"Nature has many things that it can teach us, we just need to listen. Thats why I know so much. Humans are not the only intelligent beings."  

Cain the Blade

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:26 pm
User Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄

Water Bender...

Autumn sat down, crossing her hands as she lesson to his wisdom. She closed her eyes, feeling the salty breeze against her hair. She thinks she get's what he's saying. "Nature huh?.... Everything moves, everything has a reason, the plant and earth supported use to survive..." She then open her eye's and look over to Yun. "I guess If you see nature up close to your self... that's how you can really understand about the circle of life. The flow of the water can go gently in adapting the environment." She think back onto her water lessons. "Do I... need to be calm, like you? I just have to listen and know stuff like you do."

...Northern Tribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:30 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun shakes his head, then rubbing Autumn on the top of her head.

"You can be wild and crazy, or extremely curious. You are living a life that I never had a chance to experience."

He stands up and looks at the ship starts to dock at the northern watertribe.

"But yes, in order to fully observe, to see, to hear nature speak to you and teach you, you must be calm and be ready to listen. Have a clear mind and a heart of pure intentions."

He grabs his pack and walks off the boat.

"Its time to go home."

[exit]  

Cain the Blade

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:35 pm
Autumn fallowed  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

How much time had passed? They had been on this ship for some time now but there was no real way of telling exactly how long since he didn't own a watch, the room they were in was devoid of a clock, and, checking Han didn't seem to own a watch either. Why was he even awake? Sui had thought the sleep would have had him for at least fourteen hours since was that tired somehow, but this didn't even feel like three hours had passed yet. What had woken him? It came back to him right then. The position he was sleeping in was rather uncomfortable and he had shifted, but then felt something crawling on his face. Opening his eyes wide, he was already wide awake and slapped at the thing, but ended up only slapping himself as the thing seemed to have vanished into thin air. And so he was awake, hopelessly trying to fall back asleep as he lay on his back, visualizing himself swimming in a pool of puffy clouds. It did not work. With a mental sigh he shifted his thoughts to other things, and that other thing being something, or someone right in the room with him. Yes. It was Han, and Sui's thoughts drifted back to Kyoshi Island and all that had taken place there. The events were so warped in his mind, timeline-wise, but everything was still there. The confrontation with that weird sea monster, finding put about the death of one of Han's sages, the ominous weather and sounds, all the way to the little talk he and Han had that had made them closer in so short a time. All that had happened was the last thing he had been expecting to happen to him when he woke up this morning.

He was certain that it was still night, and he pondered going out on the deck to enjoy a bit of fresh air and take in the starry sky. Then again, maybe the captain of the ship had some kind of rule against leaving your cabin at night. Shifting position again he turned on his side and found himself staring at Han, still fast asleep in the same position that he had fallen asleep in prior. He was a steady sleeper, whereas Sui couldn't stay still even if his life depended on it. Why was he staring so intensely at the boy? He chalked it down to the fact that he was the avatar and he was actually right here within reach. Who wouldn't want to stare? After a beat later Sui slid off the bed silently, not wanting to wake Han, and tiptoed his way [not so much] over to him and stooped before him, much like he had done back on Kyoshi right before the statue. He assumed the same position with his elbows on either knee and his head in his hands, eyes ensconced on the boy's sleeping face, and then he whispered. "Han? Are you awake? If you're not, don't say anything." It was stupid, but he needed to make sure before he did what he wanted to do. garnering no response, he took it as an affirmative to commence. Sui un-stooped and knelt instead, reaching out with right hand to... He drew it back right away. 'What the hell?!' He berated himself mentally and crept back a foot away, still on his knees, still staring at Han. What had he just been about to do? It was a mystery that only he knew the answer to, but whatever it was it had him breathing raggedly as he stared.

JellytheBeany

Omnipresent Noob

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:13 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Han dreamt. He dreamt of dark things, of spirits and the power they held over men. He dreamt of the end of time, where darkness swallowed the world, and eventually swallowed him. And the spirit, she was there, watching him in the distance. But she did not fear him anymore. He could not even swat her away, lest she swat back. She had come closer to him than ever before, and touched her hand on his shoulder. At that instant, he woke up, and he saw Sui seemingly about to touch his... shoulder, as well. He couldn't really tell where he was aiming for -- the Avatar was too tired to wager. His vision was blurry, but naturally, not by the influence of spirits like last time. He saw Sui right up to him, so close that he could feel his heat against his skin. His reaction was to make his own heat, a flame in his hands that he held against the man's throat. It did not come close enough to burn. "Keep your hand back," he commanded. "Or I'll get the impression that you want me dead." He didn't mean to sound paranoid, but even though he thought Sui was nice and all, he wasn't the trusting sort, especially not now that he was the Avatar. If he died, then the world was over. That was his belief.

So he couldn't afford to let this guy get any closer, lest he reveal a truer and darker self. The fire in his palm disappeared, and he sighed. He would apologize for his aggression, but that would give Sui the idea that it is okay to break Han's personal space. It is not. The Avatar looked at his companion inquisitively, his green eyes staring into the blue. In the back of his mind, he thought he had some ideas on what that was for, but he painted those ideas as his own imagination. Unlike with Han, most guys didn't like other guys. It was unnatural or whatever. Then again, this guy was pretty touchy feely. He wouldn't be that surprised if the waterbender wanted some mano-a-Avatar action. The thought brought a smirk to his lips, but one not followed by words. Well, for a few seconds at least.

"Oh hey," Han rolled his eyes, noticing the color reflecting from the metal. He looked off to the right, and saw the spirit staring at them, her fingers grasping the ledge of the ship, as if barely holding on and about to fall into the sea. If only she could just drown, that would be pretty sweet. "Spirit lady's here. Don't let her scare you, though, alright? She's kinda just like... a fangirl. Doesn't do anything, just stares from the distance. Maybe if she just tried groping me like you were about to, she'd get better results." He brought his sight back to Sui, content with his words. But in an instant, that contentedness disappeared, as the spirit dashed through the air and came over him. Her face came close to his, to the point where he could see nothing but the red of her eyes. And then, her lips moved, as if to speak. And then she disappeared.

He didn't move at first, instead he stared blankly, terrified as he was. When he finally moved, it was only to close his eyes. He took a deep breath, then slowly began to laugh it all off. "I guess she heard me," he said, smiling a little. It probably seemed like quite the farce, but better than freaking out like most people would. "She's been stalking me since I was a kid, you know. The first time, I was cleaning up after some pigs. And then I just... saw her, from behind a tree. I saw her long hair and her red eyes, and she saw me too. In fact, I was the only thing she seemed to notice, and she was dead set on getting my attention. She would circle around, point at me, make noises. It was crazy -- I felt like I had no escape." He brought up his right arm, to stroke Hulan's fur. It helped to relieve his anxiety, sometimes. But not this time, most likely.

"I eventually realized that I do have an escape. And it's to not be afraid. Rather than let her torment me, I should just not feel anything at all. That's why I've always been so quiet, and evasive, and rude. You have to be more stone-hearted than a quarry to deal with that thing following you all the time." He couldn't explain why, but he wanted to tell Sui a little about himself. His past, the way he was, everything. Maybe the real reason he wanted to go with Sui, and only Sui, was because he wanted to be able to just talk to him, one on one. They could talk about anything; about little things and large things, and life in the present and life in the past. But they could only do this because there was no one else. Han couldn't be so open when there were prying ears.

The Avatar wasn't sure what was right, or what moment was the right time, for anything really. He only understood that in the simplest chasms within himself, he knew Sui was the right person to open him up to the world.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Startled an stunned, Sui kept perfectly still, staring at the dance of flames that was being held close enough to his throat. He felt no heat, but the reality of the flames before him was enough of a warning to keep his distance. He held his hands up palms forward in a gesture of submission. "Take it easy. Wouldn't dream of hurting you." When the flame died and Han removed his hand, Sui became the epitome of caution, slowly lowering his hands and resting them in his lap, shifting his position a bit so that he was now sitting with his legs crossed 'X' style before him. Sui stared back into Han's eyes as the other did the same, and the silence between them grew louder with not a word uttered. Which was why when Han started to smile Sui could not keep his own smile off his face either. Nothing more than a misunderstanding it seemed, though he probably wouldn't be trying anything like that again anytime soon. He was still uncertain of why he was reaching towards Han, and better still, where he was reaching towards. He had just been moving forward with his hand before he had a real chance to think of any of it, so it was a mystery to even him when he had caught himself int he act. It was best left unquestioned at the moment.

Sui looked off in the direction that Han was looking at, and it took him a while to see what the boy was seeing. As soon as he made it clear that the spirit lady was standing there she seemed to materialize out of nowhere and Sui could clearly see her. The waterbender found himself staring back at her as she too seemed to stare at him. But she wasn't. She was staring at Han, seeing as he was the one she had been stalking all his life, as far as Han made clear to him. His face reddened evidently at the mention of 'groping', but he left it at that. No need to bring it back up again, because even he didn't know what that was all about. "Are...you sure you should be talking about her like that? I mean...ya know...she might..." A startled gasp escaped in place of the last breath when the red eyed lady suddenly moved faster than he had thought possible and was standing right over Han, staring at him with those endless chasms that were her eyes. Sui found himself standing automatically, looking down at her just as she vanished into thin air. That was enough of a shock to give him nightmares for the next few nights if he dared to sleep. "What the hell?!" Han's laugh made Sui even more afraid of what he had just seen, and the explanation that he gave of her having stalked him for most of his life made Sui worry even more. If that was the case this would not be the last they saw of her, and that had him whirring in a frenzy of semi-mild panic.

Settling back into his seated position he took on a ruminating look, wondering at the reason why the lady seemed to be following Han everywhere. He couldn't, for the life of him, understand why the spirits did the things they did, and he was nowhere near as spiritual as the Avatar must be, but something was a bit off about all of it. "Are you sure it isn't someone you might have known that died when you were younger? Or maybe it could be one of your past lives trying to reach out to you." From what he knew of the Avatar, he could get in contact with each and every one of his past selves through meditation, and they in turn would come to him if they were needed. Was Han maybe calling the spirit lady through his subconscious? "I'm gonna hug you now, so don't try to stop me." And with that said Sui reached out and wrapped his arms tightly around Han, wanting to comfort the boy that had been born into such unfair madness. After thirty seconds or so Sui released him and sat back as comfortably as he could, a familiar upward curve evident on the edges of his lips. "The next time she comes back I want you to try talking to her. Do't ignore her, don't be afraid of her, don't yell at her, just talk. There must be a reason for all of it." As there was with everything. Nothing ever happened without having a reason behind it, whether that reason be a good one or not. "Well since we're both awake and probably don't want to go back to sleep right now, how about we play a little game?"

JellytheBeany

Omnipresent Noob

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:43 pm

It was a moment of tranquility, at least, before the spirit came in and mucked it all up. Peaceful smiling and staring, that was all there was. After the ordeal was over, though, he couldn't help but feel a little unnerved. Sui felt just as petrified as he was, he could feel it. Even so, the guy tried to comfort him. He tried to think up some ideas of what it was or who it was, but Han had already thought all of this before. He just didn't know -- there was no way to know. "I don't think--" He was about to correct him, but he spoke to soon. Sui continued to talk, though this time about how he was gonna hug Han or something. The Avatar didn't really mind, so he didn't resist. He let Sui get close to him, and without a violent response, and let him wrap his arms around him as he would some harlot. He didn't care. It lasted for a while, with Sui's head over Han's shoulder, and the Avatar staring quietly into the distance as the waterbender embraced him. When the embrace was over, he continued on as if it didn't happen.

"I don't think I'll be able to find out what she is, not unless she tells me. But she won't talk to me. I've already tried communicating with her. I mean, it's been what? Eight years since I found her? I've tried everything. Nothing works." He tried speaking to her calmly, yelling at her violently, and everything in-between. He'd tried praying, begging, singing in the rain and meditating on mountain-tops. There was literally nothing he could try in all the four nations that would get her to leave him be. Sui's advice was sweet, but it just wasn't a breakthrough. The Avatar straightened up his posture some, then spoke again. "I'd normally say games are a waste of time, but we don't have anything better to do until we get to the docks. So, what's your idea?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:01 pm

And with that Sui got down to letting Han in on the name of the game and basically what was expected of them, though he figured Han would know what the game was. Or maybe not since he had been cooped up with all those old people for so many years/ "It's all the rage these days. I'm sure you've heard of pro bending?" Sui paused for a spell to gauge Han's reaction and from that he would figure whether the boy knew what it was or not. Even so, he continued to explain. "All we'll be doing is using our respective elements to do battle against each other. It won't be anything too serious though." He went on to explain the rules of the game and what was allowed from what wasn't, and then, walking around the deck, he managed to find a can of paint and a paintbrush, as if by magic it seemed. Sui started to draw the lines on either side that they would be standing on. "It might be a little weird one on one, but at least it's something to pass the time right?" With that said Sui a ready stance and taunted Han into making the first move.

JellytheBeany

Omnipresent Noob

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:16 pm

The Avatar raised an eyebrow. He knew what pro-bending was, but he wasn't exactly sure why Sui thought it was a viable idea. Looking around, he didn't see some excess amount of water or rock, unless you wanted to look off the hull. When it came to comparison, he was sort of lacking in resources. "This game blows. I have no earth to bend." He could try fire, but he was beyond a novice at that. Sure, he could make a small fireball, but that was literally it. Sui would wreck him. "I forfeit." Yep, with that, the game was just over. "Why don't you just talk about yourself, and I'll pretend to listen?" He'd nagged on and on about his depression, his fear, and his spirit problems, but he didn't get to hear anything about Sui at all. Not one bit. That could be remedied, right?

It was a good idea to understand his traveling companion better. After all, these two guys were each others lifelines now. They were best not kept in the dark.

[Traveling Thread] The Ocean/Sky

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff