Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:31 pm
Skimbleshankx

The savage came to a rough clatter on the wood flooring of the ship's deck, letting the captain, and his crew, know that it was not going tolerate child's play with a thundering roar. He was so close to achieving his small goal, he could almost taste the pirate's fur as it just barely managed to escape his mighty jaw. Strife would have snapped him in two, if only he would have reacted just a fraction of a second slower than he did. “Cowering behind petty threats, you coward.” The prince growled, snapping down on the air between them. “You don't scare me, not even in the slightest. You words only compelling me to kill you here.” All it would take was a leap, just a short leap, to clear the distance that the canine had placed between them in protection of himself. The temptation was almost too great. The thought of the vermin squirming under the pressure of his jaw made him tremble, the joy it would bring would be great. Would his friend be just as pleased? Probably not.

Flinching to the other boy's presence at his side, Strife shifted his cerulean gaze to him through the corner of his eyes. “I may wish to drown instead.” He hated to have to back down, it was shameful, but he wasn't going to ignore his friend's words. Giving the pirate another thoughtful glance, he turned his head to Charles. “Alright, lets go.” Dragging his tongue across his head like he had done once before, the prince flicked his tail in dismissal of the pirate from the conversation and paced for his father, hanging his head low I await of the King's cruel words commonly spoken; however, they did not come.

“I will excuse your words, for I wish this to be over with already.” The King spoke coldly, feeling that the event has been dragged out long enough already. Muscles twitching under the extra weight the water provided in his fur, the male trembled and allowed the bitter breeze to brush between the fibers. As he had no other choice until he got back to the castle. Grazing a golden gaze upon the beings that scurried about to prepare a boat, the male's chest shook to an exasperated breath. How did he get in this situation again? “Strife, we will discuss this matter later. Help your friend off the ship.” What more was he to say without throwing what shreds of dignity his boy had left, not minding the boy, but the pried curiosities that surrounded the royals. The Prince nodded to his father's orders muttering an insecure, “yes sir.”

It was better than the scolding he thought he was going to get, though it would come later, certainly it would. The two were at fault, the Pirate and the Prince, that was Strife's reasoning for his father's sudden neutrality; not attacking, nor defending either. How awkward it was, just leaving the ship, was his struggle really worth anything? Perhaps it displayed his strength, but what use would it be later. The thought left him with a sigh. “Come on Charles.” The beast mused, corralling the other onto the boat that had been set up for their departure back to mainland. It was probably better that they left without causing anymore trouble than they already had created for themselves. “The sooner we get back, the sooner we can sit at the beach.” If anything would get him off the ship, that was it. Just the idea of relaxing with his friend made his chest rumble with a purr. He dreaded the fact that he would have to get the splinters out first though.

Standing tall, the King returned his attention to the man that was once held captive. “As promised, I will leave this ship and not say a word of your being, but...” The man paused to look to the boat, making his own way over to it. “Just because I have showed you mercy this one time does not mean it will happen a second. If I catch wind of your presence again, I will deal with you and your crew personally.” He regarded to those around them and stared at the ship that his son attempted to settle himself on, the ropes that would lower them stiffening and swaying under the boy's weight. Would that really hold all three of them? Maybe he would take to the waters again if their combined weight proved to be too much. “We will be excusing ourselves now.” The man announced as he carefully stepped onto the small boat, he was sure he would be relieving it of his weight once they were lowered.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:50 pm
Capricious Dreams

The captain scampered up the mast as the prince snapped at him, letting his bushy red tail waive as he moved out of the way of the prince's anger. He tilted his head slightly and grinned at the larger male, shifting to lay against the mast's side. The fox wasn't stupid enough to taunt the younger male any more and risk having his neck broken or worse. "Of course I wouldn't frighten one as strong or foolhardy as you are and I have no interest in doing so." The man shrugged, watching the way that the younger male was trembling; evidently with anticipation of an attack or kill. Years ago he might have taunted the younger male and thought he could take the larger creature but he was no longer as young and foolish. Perhaps he still stood a chance what with the creature injured but with the king there he wouldn't risk his life and that of his crew.

Charles felt Strife flinch from his touch, knowing the larger male was in pain. Gently he licked the shoulder tenderly, reassuring his friend that his father would not hurt them too much. He let out a soft growl as his fur was licked the wrong way again, sighing softly and slinking under his friend's body gently to help support his wounded shoulder. As his friend approached the king he moved forward a bit, lowering his head and waiting to accept the punishment for both of them.

The feline was surprised when the king spoke coldly but not to verbally abuse them as usual. The pirate chuckled as the boys seemed so surprised, leaning against the large wooden mast as the dingy was lowered over the side for the king and the younger males' use. Charles bowed his head slightly as the man said he would discuss it with his friend later, gently rubbing against the other male's chest to reassure him more. "Okay," he said as his friend led him over tot he smaller boat, jumping in lightly and curling up slightly as he waited for his friend to join him. The heavy smell of salt water around them overpowered his delicate nose and he shifted to gently press against his friend's unwounded side as the larger male joined him.

"Of course. I wouldn't expect anything less from one such as you my lord," the pirate captain replied, chuckling softly and jumping down to the older male's side. "Have a safe return my king and may our paths never cross again." With that the fox bowed, signalling to his crew to lower the small boat into the water. Once the boys and the king were off the ship he started calling orders to get the ship out to sea and away from the kingdom's waters. Last thing he needed was the older male going against his word and send navy ships after them to capture and kill them.

Charles shifted nervously as they got closer to the water, spreading his wings and lifting himself off the boat slightly before settling down again once the boat was on the water. Softly the feline whimpered, both from fear of the water and from pain from his wounded wing. It definitely was broken in at least one of the bones, enough he couldn't fly to shore. Having Strife close reassured him that he would be alright so he shifted close to his friend's side and rubbed against his warmer body. His friend and the reassuring feel of the wood under his paws kept him from becoming a quivering ball of nerves. He had a strong fear of drowning after falling in a river when he was a kit. It was probably the first time his friend saved him, making him feel closer to his friend than anyone in the world.  

Skimbleshankx

Friendly Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:00 am
Skimbleshankx
I haven't abandoned you just yet! I've just been awfully busy lately--- well-- at least I haven't been home, nothing really to consider me "busy." I've been working off my phone though (which does no fancy loading PMs) to get the post started, working my way down piece by agonizing piece, hahah. I am working to get the post put in the blank below before I hit the hay tonight, so keep a look out for me later on :3 Sorry about the wait though! I feel terrible about it > .<

EDIT: Sorry for the delay!

The small boat sighed with the prince as he finally was able to sit down, wanting to do so for so long, or at least it seemed so. He was hurting and hurting bad. The wood that was lodged and splintered in his shoulder throbbed with an intensity that was even unrivaled by the aching in his skull from the abuse it had endured below deck. It would only be a matter of time before he, and his friend, would be under the will of the royal medics, taking on a whole new kind of abuse that there would be no escape from, but he supposed it was worth the pain in the end when he would get to just relax on the beach and listen to the crashing on the rocks. Strife purred to the thought. Sure he would be a sorry sight with all the bandaging he knew he would have, but it wouldn't be so bad and he wouldn't be alone either, his friend had some wounds that needed bandaging as well; looking to be a piteous pair.

Sharing an uncomfortable shift as the larger male, the King, crawled aboard the mediocre piece of equipment that was expected to carry two behemoths to shore, the larger of the the two boys shivered and shifted closer to the smaller one just as he also shifted. A glare, a cold stern stare, cut through the thick of fur and flesh, this was what unsettled the boy. When his father stared like he was, staring off but keeping a mindful eye through the corners, Strife knew he would never hear the end of it. Once his friend was not around to 'protect' him, he was going to have hell. If he was lucky enough to get out of this alive, he was going to fear the worst of his continuing life. Would he be forced away from the sea? Would there be only politics that could occupy his time? The boy's gaze dropped to the boats bottom as they were lowered, giving Charles a thoughtful glance as he still was in a muse. I just hope I am still allowed to see Charles. If any punishment would be placed upon him, which he knew there would be, that was the one he so hoped to avoid. Charles was the only friend he had left and if his father took him away, what would he have?

Oh no. Strife shook his head to the thought. There was no possibility that he was going to accept that. If the king so wished him to keep from Charles, he would have to bound and cage him; however, that never seemed to work. There was doubt that the king would do something so harsh as punishment, so some tension was released from the prince's stiff muscles, dismissing the stretched idea. A new tension grasped the prince as the king turned his head to look at them, ears flicked back, not certain what to expect. The man said nothing, looking back to the water that they were being lowered toward. The silence was worse than chastisement, eating at the prince from the inside, slowly working its way out. Strife didn't want to show his remorse, not so soon, keeping it hidden away carefully.

Luckily enough, he had a distraction. “You messed that up pretty bad, huh?” He asked in regards to his friend’s injured wing, the soft pained cries making the cerulean of his strained irises soften in sympathy. It wasn't much of a conversation starter and truthfully, he didn't know what more to say but, he kept talking.“We'll get all fixed up though, your wing will be good as new and my shoulder too. It will be like nothing happened.” Feeling the feline pressed against him, Strife used his snout to draw the his friend to the secure comforts of his mane, resting his head tenderly atop the other boy's head. He knew what was on Charles' mind, the thought even frightening him as he recollected the traumatic event. He said nothing more, simply closing his eyes to close out his father's presence and that of the water that surrounded the boat; breath even, brushing the fur beneath his nose.

The king let past him an exasperated breath. What was he to do with the two boys? He knew Strife was the one that dragged Charles into his antics and wild adventures, but he already tried changing the young prince's views. To say the least, it did not work. His son's 'adventures' were always so dangerous, putting either his own life or others at risk. He knew that Strife would never let anything life threatening happen to Charles, the boy valued the others friendship too much for that, and it showed even in the situation they were just in. Even defending his friend from simple, but degrading, words. Sometimes the king wondered if the prince even valued his own life, surely not over his friend's, but did he matter to himself even in the slightest? If that were the case and he kept throwing himself around like he did, the prince's life would be much too short. It was a frightening thing to settle on, so the king pushed it aside with another heavy breath. “I'll get us to shore.” The beast said finally, hastily throwing himself from the boat to keep it from tipping over. The most Strife did to acknowledge his father was flinch, not moving from his friend, nor flickering a gaze. It seemed he was intent on shutting out what threat the king could pose to him, at least for now. Pressing his head flat against the boat, he allowed the current from the ship carry them some distance, then began his struggle from there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:50 am
Capricious Dreams
Don't worry about it. I don't mind if you're busy or away. I'm perfectly fine waiting till you're ready to continue with the roleplay. Besides, it would probably be much easier for you if you waited wouldn't it? Of course, my phone doesn't even do internet so I wouldn't know how bad it is to try to work of the phone but it sure couldn't be fun.

Charles listened to Strife's soft purrs, letting his friend shelter from his father's wrath in his company. Usually the older male would hold off whatever he was going to yell about while the feline was around, at least if the man wasn't too angry. The smaller male had experienced quite a few of the king's rages himself when he and his friend had gotten into serious trouble. It seemed that for now the man would hold off till the feline was gone someplace else to berate his son. From the look the man was giving them it would be one of his more angry and long sessions. His fur was standing on end slightly from the closeness of the water which still frightened him. It wasn't all that reassuring to feel the small boat under him since it seemed to shift every time one of them moved.

The feline looked up at his friend as the larger creature moved, pressing a bit closer to the larger male just in case the boat tipped over. "Yeah, I messed my wings up a bit. I can't tell for sure how bad but it hurts," he murmured, gently stretching the two feathery appendages out as far as he could. His right wing didn't stretch as far as the left, not wanting to extend past where it hurt. Gently he folded them against his back again, nodding as the other male said they would get his wings fixed up properly. Softly he purred as he was pulled into the other male's mane, nuzzling against him and rubbing against the other male's chin. Closing his eyes and breathing in the other male's strong scent relaxed him enough that he could almost forget that they were on the water. His friend's strong presence reassured him they would be okay no matter what.

Softly Charles mewled as the king jumped from the boat into the water, making the small wooden craft sway and bob in the water. He pressed closer to the larger male, feeling him flinch from his father's words as the older male went into the water to push them to shore faster. The small feline nuzzled against his friend's chest worriedly, letting the top of his head rub against his friend's jaw slightly. "Even if he tells you not to see me I'll come find you," he said reassuringly. "He knows that we'll never stop trying to be together since we're the only friends that we have. You'll always be my best friend, the one I go to for help and the one who wants to protect me." Gently he licked the larger creature's fur, tenderly smoothing down places that were standing up or sticking out. "Besides, I still owe you a trip to the beach," he said, purring softly as he tried to stay strong for his friend. This probably was one of the more dangerous scrapes they had gotten into so he was sure the punishment this time would be serious. Possibly the king would even insist that his friend take his responsibilities more seriously, ordering the prince to attend more 'lessons' on how to rule the country. Sometimes the instructors would let Charles sit with his friend, learning more than the other male probably did. If it was the king instructing Strife then usually the feline was barred from whatever they were discussing or doing. Not that that stopped the younger male from listening at doors or trying to sneak in to stay at his friend's side anyway.

By the time the trio had reached the shore the pirate ship had long since gotten away, catching a wind to the west and sailing on toward the setting sun. Charles twisted slightly to look back at it, shuddering as he thought of what fate might have awaited them if they hadn't gotten free or the king hadn't saved them. The small feline pressed closer to Strife's larger body as he quivered, thinking about what the pirate captain had wanted to do to him. Unlike his friend the feline probably knew more about what the pirate was talking about doing to him. Not raised directly in the palace he knew a bit about what went on in the poorer regions. Being the son of a duke of course he wasn't supposed to know, but on rare occasions when his best friend was unable to be with him he had gone adventuring on his own a bit. Usually he didn't do anything so daring on his own but he wanted to look for someplace he and his friend could play one time and had ended up cowering on the roof of a place where slaves were held to do some awful things for the highest bidder. Needless to say the poor feline had been a bit scarred for life not to mention frightened of ever going anywhere on his own again.  

Skimbleshankx

Friendly Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:38 pm
Skimbleshankx
I've done many role plays off my phone, so it isn't as hard as it used to be. I think the only problem is keeping the battery long enough to finish the post and trying to figure out how long it is, what looks like three pages of text could actually only be three small paragraphs. You never know until it is actually posted. Internet eats my phone's battery though so that is the main issue, get two paragraphs in and the damn thing could turn off before you save it. Quite frustrating. Prefer to at least start my posts on my phone though so that the long wait isn't extended any further than it has to be. Sorry if the post is just a bunch of blabbering, I used it as an excuse to ignore everyone in a restaurant the other day and couldn't get myself to stop. Hahah.Just kinna took off from there.

There was always something about the smaller boy that gave Strife a sense of peace, even in the most distressing circumstances. A true soother of beasts. Even if the behemoth was trembling with rage and aggression, one word or touch could make the monster drop submissively. He couldn't hold his anger at a full boil with Charles around, never toward him either. Just so fragile. One look seemed like it could break him, shatter and grind him into fine grains of sand. The prince tried so desperately to handle the boy with care, making certain no other would get their greedy clutches on him, tainting the radiant purity that he naturally seemed to posses. It proved to have some flaws though. Charles had to be some sorta brave to keep by Strife's side, if not some sorta crazy, which Strife knew he had rubbed off his lack of sanity onto the other boy even just a bit. The strictly politically tied royal needed such a presence though, just to keep what little sanity he did have left.

Now that he thought about it, Charles seemed more politically inclined than himself, or at least he chose to listen about it more than the heir chose to. It was a disgusting topic, one he knew he could live without. Just the thought of it gave him a distasteful chill. Always scolded for his attention, or rather the lack there of, it only made the approaching crowning even more grotesque in appearance. If he would have to manage politics, Strife wanted no part of it. Charles would be more fitting really, maybe with some convincing...No, neither of them needed part in royal matters. They would escape elsewhere, someone more accepting to the idea could take it if they really desired it. If politics were to be his punishment, as it had been many times before, then he would just have to find another distraction until its end. The end always seemed so distant though.

The Prince exhaled a troubling breath as he found his mind back on his punishment. Seemed that Charles was a good distraction, but not a permanent one. Grazing his snout across the fur of the feline's head, he grudgingly opened his eyes to stare out past the boat. They were close, so very close. The feeling of the other male nestling into the thicket of fur made the beast's breaths shorten, chest contracting to the words his friend spoke as though it made him forget what breathing was. It was the image of being alone again that caught him short of breath, It was a terrifying visual that he never wished to bear witness to again; the lonesomeness and pain. “I will never let anyone part us. Not even my own father.” Of course, only they themselves could part each other. If Charles was ever to lose interest in Strife and his silly adventures or become frightened, then that wouldn't be able to be helped; Strife knew he would have to accept that if that were to happen one day.

Gingerly, Strife pressed his muzzle into the nape of the feline's neck, searching for his own comfort as his friend licked at stray strands, muttering into the fibers that parted under the little pressure he placed.“Best friend.” He tested the title as he did a thousand times before, seemed suiting enough each time, but never quite fit snugly into place. “I would be careful with those words.” The male lightly teased. “I can be a very hazardous best friend.” As it was used to ease their troubled minds, Strife could only feel worse about the matter. The adventures he pictured always were fantastic in mind, but took a turn for the worst in the end and crumbled under the large male's remorse. Maybe he should take a break from his child's play, just relax for a while. It wouldn't last him, he knew it wouldn't. To sit idly only made the ideas stir, whimsical fantasies teasing him to no imaginable extent. It was final, he was cursed, that was it. Cursed at birth to forever endanger himself with foolish travels and feats. “I need to try harder to be a best friend.” The tone was frigid, spoken aloud but meant mostly for himself rather than the other. “Keep you from getting hurt.”

A soft sigh passed the King, swallowed by the overbearing current that was cut through by the boat. His son was oblivious to his own actions and agony. Certainly Strife's friend was injured, but Strife could never seem to get a grasp around the idea that such things happen and most of the time, cannot be helped. The both of them could have been in even worse shape if he had done nothing. Well, he wasn't so certain about the prince himself, his body would have been better off if he hadn't somehow lodged splinters in it. The king knew his son did everything he could to keep the other boy out of harms way, but when would enough be enough? What extent would be reached before Strife would finally realized how much he has really done in order to keep the other well. Death, perhaps. He had to find a way to keep the Prince in line, just some way, anyway. There won't be a prince left for the throne before too long if he keeps up such ideals. Charles has sense enough, maybe he could help keep my boy grounded to his royal ties, just long enough to take the crown and realize his destiny as king. Wishful thinking anyway, it was worth what little it would take to convince the smaller child to comply; however, whether it would work, or not, was on the table.

Finding reliable footing in a mixture of sand and clay, the King hauled the boat, and the two boys, onto the rough shoreline of the mainland. It was one of the more distasteful spots, but it was the closest, more convenient, one. Without a moments hesitation, the man left the boats side and replaced himself from the nippy liquid to the much more satisfying sound surface. “Ground.” The man purred in delight, shaking away what water he could from the thick fur it clung heavily to. “Never taking you for granted again.” quickly regaining himself, the King returned his gaze to the boat just slightly behind him, watching as his son gradually made for the edge. “I don't want any further delays. Out of the boat and to the castle, now.” The mass growled. “I will deal with you when you are properly taken care of.” As his gaze was fixed on the larger boy, it snapped to the smaller, though it was softer and more respecting than it was for his son. “Same as for you Charles; however, I see it to be your father's job, not mine. He will be informed and I will have him escorted to the medic's quarters if he wishes to take matters into his own paws immediately.” The boy's father would be well informed of course, the boy wasn't to all be at fault, so the punishment wouldn't be so severe as Strife's would be if the King could think of one so well suiting of the situation; if there was one. So difficult to punish a boy that cared little about himself without doing some sort of harm to another, which the King could not bring himself to do.

Strife's chest expanded to a sharp breath of surprise as the boat grinder against the sand and rocks. He didn't want to move though, enjoying the peace he found in the boy's presence. It took time, but he finally parted from Charles with the assistance of his father's harsh tone, ordering him off the craft. With an airy groan, the Prince pried himself from the feline, but kept a thoughtful stare upon him as to avoid that of his father. “We can take our leave to the beach before my father and yours gets to us. They can make quick work of our bandages, especially if they know a lecture is at risk. No one likes those.” The larger boy carefully crawled onto the solid ground that now lay before them, wobbly from the sea legs he had to rid himself of, or maybe it was the pain that unbalanced him; he couldn't be quite sure. Regaining composure, he turned back to the boat to help Charles. “I can carry you...If your paws hurt.” He said, insisting on the idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:04 pm
Capricious Dreams
Okay. Well I wouldn't want to make you work harder than usual. Can you use it with your phone plugged in? That might help you post it all in one go. Personally, I've never posted anything off of a phone. No worries, it doesn't even look like you babbled or anything. Glad I could give you an excuse not to talk to other people though. Haha.

The strangest, yet greatest, thing about being around Strife for Charles was the sense of strength and bravery he felt around him. The young feline was afraid of most everything. Yet having his friend there was enough to make him feel like he could face anything, even if he was still afraid. Gently the smaller male curled up a bit closer to the larger one, happy to have his friend there to keep him safe and to watch out for him. In turn the younger male tried to make sure his friend didn't do anything too dangerous or life threatening. Of course, he was so small and weak he couldn't do much to keep the older male out of trouble. Particularly since more often than not he would be the reason that his friend got into more trouble because of him, trying to keep him safe.

Softly the feline purred as the Prince rubbed his nose against his head, enjoying the other male's touch. Hearing his shortened breath he looked at him worriedly, wanting to make sure his friend wasn't hurt by the way he was pressing against his shoulder or something. Softly he chuckled, purring louder as the larger male said that he wouldn't let anyone separate them. "I know you won't. You'd never let anyone take me away from you for too long. No matter what, you'd come save me when I was in trouble," he murmured, gently licking against the other male's shoulder. The taste of copper sat on his tongue as he tasted the dried blood from his friend's wound.

Charles purred more as Strife pressed his face to his neck, chuckling as he was told to be careful about calling him his best friend. "Yeah, I know but that's never stopped me before. I have to make sure that you aren't alone when you get into trouble. Where would you be without me?" he asked teasingly, not really taking the other male too seriously as he said he needed to try harder to keep the feline from being hurt. "I need to be a better friend for you too to keep you from getting hurt as much trying to protect me. Maybe if we managed to keep each other safe more we would end up less hurt ourselves." Lightly he rubbed his nose against the underside of his friend's jaw, licking him slightly.

Softly he sighed as they finally got to shore, glad that they he was so close to being away from the frightening water. Gently he nudged his friend's side as they made their way off the boat, making sure that the older male got off first. Softly he groaned as he heard his father would be told about what had happened, knowing that he would be stuck babysitting his little sisters for at least two weeks. Plus if his father was really mad at him he would have to wear a bell around his neck for a month so that he couldn't sneak out of the manor or away from the palace. "Not the bell," he moaned, his ears pressing down against his head slightly. If his father was really angry he would have to listen to a month's worth of lectures on how to run the land his father owned for when he was old enough to take over. Normally he wouldn't mind but he hated being away from Strife.

Once the Prince was off the boat Charles soon followed, scrambling to brace his friend's struggling legs. "No, I'm fine. It would only hurt you more to carry me like that," he said, pressing up against his friend's unhurt shoulder. "Let me just walk with you," he said, rubbing his head against the larger male's shoulder gently. He didn't mind having to walk with his paws like that but they did hurt. "Well we'll have to hurry if we want to escape before they can punish us," he murmured softly to his friend, not wanting the king to hear though he probably did.  

Skimbleshankx

Friendly Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:40 pm
Skimbleshankx
If I am at home, yes, but then I would have no need to do it from my phone. Hahah. This was gonna be a short post, but I suppose it didn't work out that way! I refrained from making it too lengthy though, save the rest for the next few posts. Heheh.

Strife could only shake his head slowly at the other male as he hurriedly made to assist him. He knew his friend wanted so desperately to help him as he did for the boy as well; however, he couldn't help but feel the urge to shrug the efforts off. He didn't want help, not any longer, he had let his friend bathe in the atonement long enough; enough to make himself uneasy. Naturally the larger male was relieved to hear that smaller wished to just walk along side him, though if they needed to hurry themselves he doubted walking would be the case for long. In the time being, Strife decided that he would settle for a careful pace that they could both enjoy; well, with their wounds, they could bear it making it somewhat enjoyable. "Like what?" He questioned rhetorically, his tone dripping with light sarcasm, acting as though nothing was wrong with him. Hurt him more, probably not, make the pain seem more prominent, maybe, but he wouldn't mind it with the castle not being too terribly far from where they were. "I suppose I can grace you with the honor of walking by the grand Prince's side, such privileges don't come so often." The beast snorted, nose held high for show.

Grand Prince. That was a laugh. The royal blooded behemoth never really considered himself to be a prince of any kind, not one to be set on a pedestal or to be worshiped as his father was frequently and certainly had been in his youth as well. How could he? He always neglected his studies, never attended his father's meetings, his very being was unbecoming and ill-suited for the role of 'Prince'! He always found himself more inclined to venture rather than stay focused on one thing for long; such as, politics or even just the words of others as they would speak of their needs or of current statuses of the kingdom, which as the ruler of a kingdom Strife knew that, that was part of a King's duty; to listen. It was aggravating, it really was, he was certainly not capable of such a thing. Charles was the only one that he could find himself able to just sit and listen to, so what good would he be as King? Much of the time he just wished he could remove his title as Prince; as heir to the throne.

Abruptly, the fur of the beast's mane trembled at his chest, light chuckling bubbling from the back of his throat as he was caught in a brief muse. "I think the bell would be cute." The male teased, lip lifting to show the tips of his pearly whites in a grin. Of course, he knew the bell was not a good thing by any means, it was a dreadful item that he knew would only keep them from seeing each other, unless he was given permission to see Charles; which was unlikely. Strife knew that Charles' father wasn't the fondest of him, he could understand his reasoning though. Charles was brought up to be proper and Strife seemed to put the man's efforts to shame each time he saw the boy. This wasn't to say that he, himself, was not raised to be proper, but it seemed nature had other intentions for him. "Ask your father if I could have one, then we can match." The King never had used a bell against him, knowing he would simply tear it off and growing rapidly with age it would have been difficult to keep up. Strife was at the point, though, that he was at a growth rut, growing ever so slowly at this point in his life. Sometimes he wondered if he would grow any at all anymore, especially with the way he abused his body almost daily, that surely had to do something with his stunned growth. Still, despite the slow growth, he wondered if there was one to fit him. Even his paws were sizable, to find one to fit would be tedious. "Just hope your old man isn't too sore." Strife muttered, looking back to his father with flattened ears as he trailed a ways behind them.

The towering male neared the two, only making the Prince's head droop as though it would save him from any assault, but suddenly veered off from them. He brushed past Strife and stalked away without a word. The King didn't really have to say anything for them to know where he was going, he had clearly stated it already; he was going to speak to Charles' father. With new found courage, Strife's head rose to high to watch the man as he simply left them, seeming to trust that they would make it to the castle themselves. "Perfect!" The male purred. If they hurried they could easily escape to the beach after being treated, but that would require them to run, Strife wasn't going to make his friend do that though. That was his friend though, he had no problem with the momentary pain. "You're right, we will have to hurry! And hurry we will!" His tone was hushed yet, but the excitement was booming. If he was going to run in his condition, he knew he would have to psych himself up to do so. He stepped backward from his friend, staring intently at the nape of the other male's neck like unsuspecting prey, and was ready to pounce. Any protests or concerns his friend had would be unheard, he wouldn't tolerate a one. If they wanted to get tot he beach, he felt he needed to do it; however, even just the thought was painful. Charles firmly grasped between his teeth, he hurried for the castle with a slight limp in his step that, despite the irritation, did not slow him.

He knew the boys' plans, having overheard them conversing between each other, but he thought he would give them one last chance at freedom; even if it were to be short. The king was uncertain as to what fate awaited the smaller of the two boys, but he was certain that he would keep his own boy from seeing the light of day for a while, though the same could very well happen to the other. He had to admit he was lenient though, perhaps too lenient at times, he would have to establish some rule over his son soon before things got out of control...If they hadn't already. "I have word of your son!" The king proclaimed, being let in hastily by a servant of the family. He eyes peered around at his surroundings as the servant excused herself to fetch the other male; wherever he could have been. He was a busy man, the king knew that much, but he couldn't have been too occupied to finally be informed of his son's whereabouts. What parent would be?

Guards rushed about at the sight of the injured prince, attempting to assist him and the feline still clutched between his teeth; however, they were shrugged off as he made for the castle's entrance, those that were brushed off pushed open the towering doors to satisfy their hunger to please. The interior was spacious, but Strife still stiffened, feeling claustrophobic. Finally releasing the boy, he walked over him and into the room before them, already barking orders to those that were lounging around. "My father will be back at any moment, I want to be gone before then!" He explained. "Make quick work of our wounds, nothing too fancy, just looking to be quality care in minimal time. Tend to Charles' wing carefully, we don't need anymore pain than we are already enduring, got it?" The prince growled, watching as the laze dissipated and be replaced with panic as medics rushed around for supplies.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:08 am
Capricious Dreams
True. Okay. Sorry for not being on so long but my power went out Friday. Got power back Sunday morning but the internet just now came back. Silly Frontier service...

Charles shifted slightly to accommodate the feeling of unease from his friend. It seemed that he had pushed past the point where Strife felt comfortable being helped by him. Actually the small feline was surprised he had been able to try to be his friend's support for so long. The larger male disliked being helped when he felt he didn't need it, particularly from his weaker friend whom he wanted to protect. He easily fell into step with his friend, keeping up with the easy pace even though his paws hurt. Looking up at the wound on his friend's shoulder he softly sighed when he was asked what more harm it would do to be carried. "Well for start you could strain your shoulder so it would never heal properly," he replied, worried that the wound was already being strained too much. It must hurt a lot if it wasn't for the fact the prince didn't seem to care much about the pain. When the other male said he could have the privilege of walking with the 'grand prince' the feline chuckled softly, darting a bit forward of his friend before rearing up and lightly licking the larger male's ear. "Thank you my prince," he replied with a feigned tone of awe.

Honestly he really cared for his friend, prince or no prince. The small feline wasn't interested in his friend's title so long as the larger male stood up for him and wanted to continue being his friend. Of course, between their adventures there was little time for his friend to really study what he was supposed to. When it came to being the next king Charles wasn't sure what they would do. It was easier not to think about though. Putting it out of thought he lightly rubbed his nose against the larger male's mane to chastise him slightly as he trembled with mirth.

Softly the feline whined as his friend said that it would be cute to see his friend wearing the bell around his neck. It had been a few years since he had last been punished that way but it was one of his father's more severe punishments. The last time he had been forced to wear it he and strife had gotten themselves into trouble by getting a bit lost for about a month. Of course his friend would find it amusing to see the small feline wearing the bell on a pink ribbon around his neck in a humiliating reminder that he was being punished. "Oh yeah, sure. You can wear the pink ribbon and bell around your neck as a punishment too. Then you can be humiliated too," he said, lightly rubbing his face against the older male's shoulder. "Oh, he will be. His only son is out consorting with pirates and getting himself kidnapped. He's going to be really mad at me but I don't care."

As the king drew closer the smaller male moved closer to his friend, surprised the man didn't stay with them but knowing that he was going to speak with his father. As the larger male next to him exclaimed that it was perfect the feline looked up at his friend, not really sure what the other was planning for sure. "Okay," he said uncertainly, falling behind a little bit as the other male looked down at him. Softly he mewled as he was picked up for the second time that day, letting the larger male hold him between his teeth. While his friend was surely hurting he didn't protest, just curling in on himself slightly to keep his body from dragging or hitting the ground as his friend ran with a slight limp. It was hardly a comfortable experience but he wasn't going to stop his friend once he was in this sort of mood.

When Charles's father heard that the king had arrived with news about his son the man rushed down to meet the larger male. He was much larger than Charles, almost three-fourths the size of the king with large golden wings. When the two boys had been younger the large feline could carry his son and the prince while flying but now he could only handle his son's small body. "You've heard news of my boy?" the man asked, wanting to be sure the servant had heard the king right though doubted there was any mistake. His wife soon joined him, closer to Charles's size than his father. "Where is my baby?" she asked hysterically, upsetting the three young female kittens who had followed her. They started mewling and crying till their mother started to groom them to make them more relaxed and less upset. It calmed her down too so she knelt slightly in respect to the king as she herded her youngest children into a proper position of respect as well.

Charles sighed as they finally arrived at the castle, dropping to the ground as he was released and moving to curl slightly around on one of his friend's front paws. The interior space didn't bother the feline any since he was used to being in small spaces, usually well lit ones though. Every room in his family's home had a window large enough for his father to fly through when opened so it was usually fairly open and inviting. As the others started to work on his injured wing he whimpered softly and did his best to relax. "I just want to be sure Strife's shoulder heals properly," he murmured softly as he shifted to lay on his side without the wounded wing so his paws could be tended to.  

Skimbleshankx

Friendly Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:21 am
Skimbleshanx
Seems everyone had an issue with power. Hahah. Personally, I had no problem, but my whole street was without power for a near week and a few other friends of mine on here had the same problem. Was it a storm?

Strife was a real softy, as much as he hated to admit it. He never minded the pain as it was given, but to be tended to by the medics was hellish; always was. Nightmares, the whole lot of them. No matter how careful they were about their duties, they always seemed to find a way to break him down piece-by-agonizing-piece, or sliver-by-agonizing-sliver in this case. Of course, he tried his best to keep strong in the presence of the other male as the small ferret-like creature crawled about him, picking and pulling at the pieces of wood, that varied in size, from his shoulder and more woolly looking critters used their hooves as a sort of tweezers to firmly grasp what remnants of wood that was left in his leg and paw from tearing through the hole in the door back on the ship. The pain was excruciating, tensing as he could feel the pieces of wood sliding from his flesh, beginning to pant from the strain placed upon him.

His friend's words weighed him heavily, speaking of his shoulder and the possibility that it could mend, but not as he may wish it to. The tissue would be soft for some time, but he would work it back to its rightful state; however, what other consequences would his actions have on his body? Would he always have a limp? He certainly hoped not, what a bother it would be. A low growl rattled his ribs as the larger plank was beginning to be messed with, just the lightest touch irritating the tissue. Out of impulse, the prince snapped his jaw at the small rodent, only to have his snout swatted at by the small critter. "Do you want helped or not? The more you fuss over this, the longer it is going to take, go it?" The puny male lashed out sternly, giving the plank a pat. The beast yowled at the entangling sting that shot through his body, shaking him to the core. His head craned up, then soon fell with a dramatic clatter. Paws smashing his ears and engulfing his face, hiding the affliction in his gaze and preventing his mouth from spouting venomous words at those that were only doing as he had asked them to and keeping himself from crying out again. "See, does no good to fuss. Now hold still so I can get this." It was a struggle of tolerance as the plank was moved in any way possible to try to free it, Strife was about to pass out from the mere thought of what it could look like, let alone the actual pain of it all. He pleaded for its end, which came to him soon enough.

The king figured his wait would not be long as the small boy's father rushed to gain knowledge of his whereabouts. Curiosity and concern filling the atmosphere as it seemed the family as a whole had joined him at the entrance, where he had patiently sat himself. Being in a sudden lighthearted mood he was in, he was going to play his words off to be tragic, but as the kittens stirred around their mother, he could not bring himself to do something so cruel, if it had just been him and the other male; it would have been different. "More than just news my friend." He informed, straightening himself up to be more presentable in the others presence. "Your boy, as well as my own, are at the castle. Safe, of course." His eyes glided over the small crowd, soft eyes darkening with uncertainty and unease. Worrying the woman and the little ones was not at all in intention, but there was no avoiding telling the parent's of their child's well-being, or lack there of."They should be having their wounds treated as we speak. Charles' wounds did not seem to be all too severe, but he was wounded nonetheless." Strife having taken the majority of it, but he wasn't going to mention that. The king pondered for a moment over the thought of explaining it all to them; however, it did not seem necessary at the moment, so he bit his tongue on the subject unless he would be asked to do so anyway, knowing they would much rather see their son then bear a cruel tale. "Again, they plan some sort of adventure or trip after having their wounds tended, despite conditions; their being at the castle will be unlikely as they seemed hasty." He paused once more to contemplate the floor. "Going to the castle to fetch your boy will be a pointless task, I would hate to send you in circles. Hmn, I want to say they spoke something of a beach, but I cannot be for certain." There were many beaches around that they could run of to anyway, finding the right one would be a task in itself. Maybe they would have to wait for them to come back, but looking at the boy's mother, he wasn't certain if that would settle well with her.

The large male was forced to uncover his head as the medics began to bandage the leg in its entirety, encircling his back and chest and flattening much of his mane to get his shoulder to stop the bleeding. "I would consider being kidnapped by pirates and getting away a great feat, he should be praising you." Strife teased, trying to distract himself from the burning and throbbing in his shoulder, shifting upon request from the medics as they searched for further injuries. "I would." The prince averted his gaze to the medics as they questioned him, avoiding telling them anything of his head or antlers to speed up the process, though he was rather light headed he figured relaxing on the beach would cure him of that. "If you have to wear the bell, I will gladly wear one as punishment also. It was my idea anyway, don't see why you have to suffer such embarrassment alone." Still, he wondered what his punishment would be, what was his father planning, if anything? It was troubling, but he would not dwell on it. Gradually he got up, shaking his fur comfortably in place the best he could with the tight bandaging, and approached the smaller male, examining him from a distance. "Are all his wounds tended to properly?" He asked, not to anyone in particular, simply looking for a reply. They were still looking the boy over for anything more, but they seemed certain that their job was done for the time being. "Are you sure?" He asked again worriedly, knowing they were rushed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:59 am
Capricious Dreams
Well, the north east got hit with a big storm system. Knocked out power in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and another two states I think. Even Washington DC lost power. Worst mess I'd ever seen that wasn't caused by a hurricane or tornadoes.

Charles obediently settled in to let the medics look at his paws and wings, staying where he could watch his friend worriedly. Strife hated medics, seemed to always do everything he could to avoid going to them but the pain in the other male's shoulder was probably so bad even the smaller medics could hold him down and keep him from moving much. Even watching the removal of the wood made the feline wince, afraid for the larger male's body. Concerned as he was he wanted to be closer to the older male but he couldn't get up while he was being treated. They said his wing was definitely broken in one spot, so he shouldn't stress it and make the injury worse. It wasn't a bad break, just enough to make the wing unusable.

Honestly Charles was worried that the other male would be hurt and unable to run properly or move. Softly he let out a soft noise as he heard Strife growl, wanting to go over to the other male's side and comfort him. Seeing the other male in pain and so helpless he couldn't stand it anymore. The feline pulled himself up onto his paws and made his way to the other male, curling up against the other male's stomach. "It's okay Strife," the small winged cat said, licking the larger creature's fur gently to make him more relaxed. The medics fussed about him but he wanted to comfort his friend in his pain. Once the large piece of wood was out the feline started to lick the older male's neck slowly, moving out of the way as his shoulder was bandaged.

Softly Charles's father sighed as he heard that his son was safely at the castle. "Foolish boy, going out and getting himself hurt. I would not wish to insult your son any my liege but they are fools. I truly do despair that they will ever be ready to take over their duties. Charles is very close to the prince but he encourages the boy by not holding him back." Softly he sighed, pacing slightly around the larger male and grumbling about his foolish son who was going to be running off with the prince again for whatever their next adventure was. "I'm not sure. They've been so many places they could be going anywhere." His wife sighed and lightly nudged her daughters from the room before going to her husband's side. "I imagine the boys will be coming back soon enough once they feel like it. Charles knows that if he stays away from his punishment for long he will be punished more," she said softly, lightly nuzzling her husband's side and licking his cheek. "If you wish my king, we can reach the castle by air very quickly and alert them to keep our sons in the castle." She lightly bowed her head, knowing that whatever happened Strife would keep Charles safe. The young feline was completely devoted to the prince, which she had no trouble with at all, though she was concerned that they were going to become too old to learn what they need for ruling the country.

Charles sighed softly as Strife said that he should be praised by his father for being kidnapped by the pirates then getting away. "I wouldn't want you to be embarrassed too by something like that. It'll be okay," he said, pressing against the larger male's body. He didn't mind that his paws were still sore but his wing was splinted to make sure that it wasn't going to be pulled or twisted. The medics reassured the prince his friend's wounds had been treated. "I'm fine Stife," he reassured his friend, standing up on his rear legs and licking his friend's head around the base of his antlers to try to make him feel better since he thought the other male's head was going to be sore from banging up against the door in the first place.  

Skimbleshankx

Friendly Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:19 pm
Skimbleshankx
Oh wow, I knew the storm was pretty bad, but I had no idea how many states were also affected. I knew a few around Ohio also got hit, but I thought maybe only two, maybe three, got their power taken out too.They called for another storm a few times here, kinda freaked me out, especially since my family was gone on vacation during the big one, leaving me to fend for myself if the power were to go out or if a tree was to fall or something and they were gone the two other times they called for a big storm. I have horrible luck too, so I wouldn't have doubted something bad happening. emotion_facepalm

Even through the pained growls and groans, Strife managed to purr in appreciation of the other boy's presence, knowing he must be greatly concerned for him, especially with how he reacted to his treatment from the medics. Despite his sudden outburst though, he attempted to put on a brave face for Charles, finding it easier to do so with the large plank now out of his shoulder and even with dizzying throbbing in both his head and shoulder, he seemed to manage himself well on his paws. "I would wear the bell with pride, no matter the size, shape, or color of it." The male boldly proclaimed, not faltering in the slightest in his words; however, this was coming from a spoiled boy that had never endured a punishment such as the one Charles had.

The prince's head drooped to nuzzle his snout into the others nape in his way of thanking him for his concern and for bothering to be at his side when he was under the will of the medics; vulnerable to their touch. "I just wanted to make sure." He muttered into a sigh as he lifted his head to give the boy another look over himself, falsely thinking he would find something the medics did not. Certain that all that could be done had been taken care of by the medics, he softened his gaze toward the others that now relaxed around them, as well as evening his tone from the harshness it once held. "Dependable as always." Punctual, actually, seeing as neither of their parents had entered the room yet. He could not be certain of how much longer they had though, so he wanted to rush out as soon as they could. "We should go.Now." Strife reminded his friend as he licked at the base of his antlers, dragging his nose along the other male's chest and neck as he did so. "If my father isn't near, then yours will be soon." His father, the king, not being one to rush himself often, but knowing Charles' would not exactly have to rush himself with the masses the protruded from his upper back.

"I cannot argue with your thoughts, finding my son to be quite the fool myself." The king said through a half-hearted chuckle. "He knows no end to his silly games, even at his age. I have no concern for you boy though, he seems well off, takes even Strife's studies seriously, where as my boy can't even sit through a single session without wandering off in some way." The larger male sighed in recollection, closing his eyes for a moment to clear him of his sudden frustration. It was shameful, his son was, barely ready, if ready at all, to take over the throne. On top of not being prepared himself, Strife also persists on tainting the other boy with his own incompetence. The kingdom did not need two noble children wrecking their futures. "I, again, must apologize for my boy. Charles means well and I cannot wrong him for wanting to simply be by his friend's side, as it is my son that drags him along and plans these little 'adventures.'" For a moment he paused, thinking his words over, then shook his head. "Little can't even describe them anymore. Sailing off and getting themselves kidnapped by pirates. They are stepping out of child's play and into a great hazard zone. It is a very alarming thing all this is." Not even beginning to scratch the surface of his distress.

Prying from the pacing male, the king's gaze drifted to the woman that joined her husband's side once again after having urged the little ones out of the room. "They both seemed rather sore, so they wouldn't be going off to do anything too drastic either. I imagine they are just going off to be to their own thoughts and away from their enclosures." He said in addition to the woman's remark of their short departure. He didn't worry too much about them being out after treatment, Strife was strong, but even he knew when he should call it quits for a while, even if it is just enough to mend a few wounds. "I don't mind Strife going out for a bit of air for a while, but if Charles joining him is a bother to you two, then I would suggest rushing out now to catch them before they scamper off, I will join you respectively." He gestured for the girl to raise her head from the bow she settled it in, with his nose, wanting them to decide amongst themselves, finding it meaningless to consult him on them matter.

Quote:
Ooc: Tell me if I need to edit the post, it's around 1 and my head is kinda in a fog. Hahah.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:29 am
Capricious Dreams
Yeah, last I heard was five states and D.C. Most of West Virginia went out for at least a few days. Sorry to hear you were at home alone through all that mess. A tree went out on our garage but that's about all the damage we got. Glad you're not hurt though. It could be much worse. Don't worry about it. I've always got my head in a fog. Hehe.

Softly Charles chuckled as his friend said that he would wear the bell with pride if his friend had to wear one, no matter if it was tied onto his neck with a pink ribbon. Seeing Strife being so brave and strong made him feel stronger, more confident in himself. Lightly he licked the larger male more, content that his friend was nuzzling his neck to thank him for his concern for his well-being. "Yeah, I'm fine," he murmured, letting his friend see that all his wounds had been treated down to the last scrape. The feline knew they needed to hurry, or at least he thought so since he expected their parents to come bursting in on them at any moment.

"Okay. Let's go then," the feline said, licking Strife's head one more time before lowering himself back onto his paws. "Yeah, or worse my mother," he said, curling around his friend's forepaw before darting along the hall and to the nearest window. "Ready to go to the beach? I remember the way if you get confused," he said somewhat teasingly, his paws hurting some and his wing throbbing but he was ready to go on to their next adventure so long as he was by his friend's side. "When we get there you can rest and relax for a while. Maybe we'll find some of those horned sea horses this time. We never saw them when we were there before." Charles eagerly fell into step with the prince, moving as fast as he could with his sore paws and his friend's wounded shoulder. "I don't think I'd go into the water though. I still don't like it much."

Charles's father sighed and shook his head. "Oh, my own boy is foolish enough. He pays attention to his lessons when he can be forced to sit and listen but he still is too eager to fall into step with the prince and let him take charge. Without the knowledge and experience behind his decisions I'm afraid the prince is not the best one to be telling Charles what is best or what to do. They're only children still," he said, sighing and shaking his head again. "No, Charles is not so irresponsible for his own actions that he should be pardoned on account of his following the prince. They are getting too old to continue playing like this and becoming too bold as well. Pirates now?" he asked, shaking his head and growling softly. "No, they must be reigned in before they come to real harm. Charles is the one who would be easiest to control, and through keeping him in line he may influence the prince to do the same. They must learn to stop acting so childishly. They are too old to get into these situations anymore. They must learn to consider the consequences of their actions."

While the men talked Charles's mother listened, staying quiet and out of the way. When the king turned to her she smiled softly at him. "They will be safe enough I think on this small outage. If you believe that Strife will return soon enough then Charles will of course follow him. He is very devoted to the prince, a good trait for one of his station. If nothing else, he will always be at your son's side, regardless of what happens. I say that if our sons wish to escape for a while we allow them a little leeway. Would you wish to stay here a while my king? I could ask that our servants prepare you something to eat and a room if you like. It would be no trouble and it would allow you and my husband to discuss further your woes and fears for the future." She purred softly, honestly not believing the two boys would stay children forever. Truthfully she expected that one day Strife would wake up and have a new adventure in mind, to truly study how to take care of his country and the ways of ruling. In her mind it was only a matter of time before the boy's grew out of their adventurous youth.  

Skimbleshankx

Friendly Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:30 am
Skimbleshankx
That poor garage! The most we got from the storm was a snapped power line and a few lost shingles. With how much of a mess our neighbors have to clean up, even still, I am surprised we didn't get worse. Ya always have your head in a fog? And amazingly you manage magnificent posts through it each time, I must know your secret emotion_kirakira

Again, Strife thanked the medics, seeing as they had done exactly as they were asked to in the time they were asked to. There was no fussing over time though, such things took just that and he wasn't going to deny their skill over the mere seconds. Having his gratitude displayed well enough, sufficing for the time being, he followed the younger boy out into the hall. He was careful about his steps to start off, finding the pulse in his shoulder to be painful, but soon enough, after taking a brief break to admire his friend at the window, he gradually was able to push the pain away; tucking it to the back of his thoughts for now."I was ready before we got off the ship. If we delay any longer, I fear my patients might burst!" Despite his humored tone, it was near to the truth, he was itching to get there; to settle in the fine sand and listen to the crashing tides. Like any other itch, it got irritating after a while, especially if one could not quite reach it; Strife growing such.

As they nearly kept perfect pace, the prince allowed the boy to have a slight lead on him, letting him have the pride of the moment to guide them on their next adventure. He enjoyed sharing duties with Charles, wanting the normally skittish feline to take charge, even if it was a small task. Of course he remembered where the beach was, it was one of his duties to know the kingdom well, or so he liked to tell himself to preserve his traveling ideals; however, he wasn't going to spoil the opportunity Charles had to guide him."I am glad one of us remembers." He said, seeming almost exasperated as he drew his head over the feline and praised him with a lap along the back of the ear, chuckling soon after. "Your mother would have been the least of our worries if we are making circles around the kingdom in search of it. Look like fools, especially if our parents were to see." Progressively their paces quickened to best their parents if they were to be nearing the castle, of course taking another exit aside from the main entrance of the castle to make their escape. It seemed they were in the clear, for now at least.

The king could tell that the other male was distraught, more so than he, himself. Perhaps he had more faith in the boys than he should have, but he could not worry himself sick over their games, this one especially as it seemed to do no harm, or so he hoped. The smaller boy's father was beginning to make him anxious on the matter though, as he agreed with most of what the man said, he also could not help but feel the need to defend them in their behalf. "I dare not speak against Strife's experience. Within the kingdom's boundaries he may have more experience than even I. Having wandered the kingdom from a young age, he knows where he is going and is quite aware of his actions. Perhaps it is not the best for the two to seek out such thrills, but it certainly helps them in some way or another." Pausing to find something plausible to back up his words, he closed his eyes with a sigh, only reopening them when he was ready to speak once more. "Your son, Charles, he is a responsible young man, not a child surely, but he lacks a sort of authority that he would most definitely need if he were to take over in your place. My boy, he is over confident in himself, yes I will see no exaggeration in saying that he is overflowing with it. He encourages the small boy though, these adventures, perhaps they are for Charles' confidence as much as they are for Strife's pleasure." He could see it. Strife was always complaining about how Charles could hardly stand up for himself, if at all, when he was younger, it wouldn't be too far fetched to think that the boys' adventures were, certainly for fun, but also a prepping for the smaller boy. A long drawn out prep, agonizing for them all really, but the thought was hopeful and he was holding strong to it until it was disproved.

The nervous man's wife seemed to dabble in the same thoughts as he did, or at least the same composed mindset, which, in return, kept him as such for the time being. Nodding his head in acknowledgement of her words, he kept a steady gaze on the male, speaking to her, but also wishing for the other to mind him as well. "If it would really be of no bother at all, I would not be so rude as to decline such gracious hospitality." Tilting his head slightly, the corners of his mouth lifted in a canine's equivalent of a smirk, humoring the woman's words lightly. "Would you not take pleasure in furthering our grievances as we await our sons' return?" He inquired, only wishing to lighten the weighed heart of the man.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 pm
Capricious Dream
Yeah, it's kind of crunched on one side now. It's one of those old historical buildings so we have to get it repaired a certain way. It's a huge mess but the insurance will fix it supposedly. Mh, my secret is that I usually just sort of stare at the screen in a daze for a while, posting a little bit at a time and eventually logging back in to post. Lol.

Charles purred as Strife followed him, watching the other take care with his steps. He was concerned about the larger male but seeing that he wasn't really stressing himself the feline stopped worrying as much. The smaller male was only concerned about his friend rather than himself, wanting to be sure that he didn't push too hard or twist his shoulder in any way that would pull the muscle and keep it from healing properly. Softly he chuckled as the other male said he was ready to go since before they got off the ship. "Okay, let's go!" He ran a little bit faster, eager to have his friend be happy and relaxing in the sand.

Happily Charles led Strife to the beach, not at all minding that his friend was perfectly capable of finding the place on his own. As his friend commented that he was happy that one of them remembered he purred, knowing his friend was lying but pleased to be allowed to consider himself in charge or important for a while. He let out a soft mewl as his ear was licked by his friend, his tail brushing along the other male's stomach slightly. "Oh, yes I'm sure. We could have gotten lost in the dark and somehow wandered back into the castle hm?" he teased, struggling to keep up as the other male started to quicken his pace but, pushing hard to keep a little bit ahead of his friend as they headed away from the castle. "You think they'll really come after us?" he asked, panting softly as he ran full out.

Charles's father sighed, settling down and curling his tail around himself. "Yes, the prince does have rather extensive knowledge of the kingdom and it's boundaries, particularly the various ways of getting into trouble. Still, I suppose we should be glad he is learning somehow, even if it is not how we would chose for him." The large feline shook himself, pacing in a small circle before settling again. "He is responsible, or he is becoming more responsible. However, I don't know if he will ever become self-confident enough. It is my own fault for allowing him to play with those who would taunt him for his small stature as a kit but I still worry he will never develop the ability to stand up to his friend for what he believes is right." The man sighed, bowing his head slightly as he continued to worry.

The smaller feline smiled softly at the king, knowing that there was a chance her husband's worry would come to nothing. After all, in her youth she was never very strong willed but she learned to become more independent and gained confidence as she spent time around the man who would be her husband. "Oh, it is no trouble at all my king. After all, my husband does so enjoy your company when he is not pondering our only son's fate, and yours. Please, allow us to see to it that you want for nothing while you are here." She summoned one of the servants and informed them that the king would be staying a while, sending them off to prepare a room and food should he wish to have them.  

Skimbleshankx

Friendly Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:49 pm
Skimbleshankx
Oh my, well I hope insurance does cover it, especially if it is of any great expense. That's probably my problem, I always have to be doing something and if I get blocked I normally leave the computer to do something else, more than likely to raid the kitchen, only to have to re-read everything when I return.

With larger strides than the smaller male, Strife struggled to keep Charles in the lead; of course, the injury to his shoulder assisted him in slowing his pace and keeping his strides chopped in a manner, but even then he found himself having to restrain himself. He didn't want to push the boy but, he didn't want to treat him either. It came to his relief when his friend began to run, full strides, certainly concerned if his paws were strained, but knowing he could rest them when they got there and if their parents had any intent on catching them, they couldn't afford to slow themselves. The beast's muscles tensed, forcing him to sigh, as the feline's soft appendage grazed along the sensitive fibers of his underbelly."Hmn, I wouldn't think it would be much of an accident that we wander back to the castle, I mean, you can't miss it with all the blazing flames blinding one from a distance." Shaking his fur comfortable back into place around his neck, the prince roared with a pleasant chime, assuming they were a safe enough distance to do so.

He couldn't deny that he enjoyed the passing air that circulated through his thick coat, even in his current state. It was a fine day for a run too, the breeze and distant scent of the ocean's salt almost making him forget about the whole pirate kidnapping business and the punishment that they would get for not only that, but for running of again without their consent. This was, of course, until Charles conjured up the subject again curiously. "I would think so..." He began, his light pants breaking his words. "I thought they would have caught up by now though," again pausing, "so maybe they aren't. Father seemed awfully sore about the situation...Maybe they are just giving us some hope." Just to snatch them from their temporary paradise and crush what hope they had given them by letting them get thus far.

The king's head bobbed in gratitude to the woman that displayed to him her common hospitality. They were always good to him, respecting as expected for most act around their king, but also made certain he was at him. He never failed to find himself, perhaps a bit too at home in his visits. The royal considered this family as friends, so it didn't bother him much, finding it to be a natural instinct among familiars to make themselves comfortable, as he hoped it was the same for them in their visits."I would certainly hope he enjoys my company as I do visit often, or at least it seems so nowadays." The man remarked with a chuckle, as he shook his head to the man that still persisted on pacing. It was a rather unnerving sight, the back and forth motion of the slightly shorter male, catching his eyes and tail following the same pattern and pace as him; however, kept himself firmly planted to keep himself from pacing as well. "One day," He hoped, "my boy will settle himself down, weary of his continuous traveling, and put that knowledge to some use. Perhaps make good strategical use if war would happen to arise." Sighing at the fact that his son never bothered with any military meetings or tutoring to be able to effectively put such things to use, it was a possibility though, slim,but it was there."Your boy, Charles, he is still young, still plenty of room to grow. I wouldn't worry yourself too much over his confidence just yet, maybe it will just take a little shove to bring out the boy's inner beast, a taste of being in your seat; important and in charge." The king just wished that the smaller boy would find his roar sooner, rather than later, knock Strife for a loop. Could speed up the process of calming the energetic boy down.

The beach was near, Strife could smell it and, with a sudden boost of energy, he could hear the rolling and crashing of the waves across the sand and rocks. It was a relieving sight, thinking they would not have made it so far without their family's intervention, and the prince wasted no time in getting to the water, though only made it barely along his chest before feeling the sting of the salt through the bandaging. Voicing his agony through a howl, he crawled out along the sand and dropped himself just out of reach of the incoming currents. Rolling himself carefully onto his back, the boy sighed. "Maybe I will set this one out too." He grumbled, almost a hiss through his teeth. The salt had already begun to settle on his tongue from the intact of ocean air, dragging his tongue along his snout and smacking the roof of his mouth as though a delicacy. "Mmm, it's nice to just lay back and relax, even if it just for a little while." The prince's gaze searched for the other, a paw stretching out at his side to drag through the sand. "Don't you think?" The paw inviting Charles to settle nearby.  
{{:Literate/Advanced Lit Rps:}}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff