Character Type Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:16 pm
Hm. I never got into the Inda books. Maybe I'll have another go at them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 pm
I liked the Inda books a lot. All her books in that world are kind of fantastic, just because the world is so fleshed out and realistic. I mean, she's been working on the world since she was like 8 or something, so that makes sense. And I just plain like the main characters, in general. The Inda books kinda remind me of the Codex Alera books by Jim Butcher.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:10 pm
I could never get into the Codex Alera books either. I'm baffled how I could enjoy the Dresden books so much but not the Codex. Especially since sword & sorcery is my favorite fantasy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:14 pm
Oh. Well, maybe you won't like the Inda series. XD  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:48 pm
Since we're off topic anyway wink , have you ever read a book where they introduce a character, you know nothing but their name, and think "damn with a name like that they must kick a**"?

I started Simon Green's Deathstalker series read 2 lines and was like "hell, with a name like Deathstalker he must be a badass." xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:06 pm
I don't believe I have, but I can totally see that with that name. rofl Is he as badass as his name?  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 pm
He is a badass in a world full of badasses xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:29 am
Maybe I'll look into that series. I dunno, though, 'cause I got kind of tired of his Nightside series. And there are so many other books that I want to get already. I have a hard time keeping track as it is. XD  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:31 pm
I love the Nightside series. I like all Green's books, all the gratuitous violence and over-the-top characters xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:07 pm
Did you ever decide what your favourite type of character is?  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 pm
No, I haven't. rofl I'm terrible. Also, not gonna lie, I haven't been reading much lately. Whatever free time I've had this summer has been sucked up by vegging out via Netflix and sleeping. I've taken naps every day so far this week. It's getting out of hand. Hopefully once my summer class ends I'll be less exhausted and will read the plethora of unread books on my bookshelf and figure out my favorite character type.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:38 am
I feel ya. I work, eat, sleep, repeat, throw in a little web time. I can't wait until summer is over the heat just sucks all the energy out of me. I got a pile of books that if it ever falls over in the night it'll crush my head. xp  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:44 pm
At last count, I had like 70 books on my shelf that I haven't read. And I think it's remained somewhst stable, since I keep buying more even as I finish others. rofl I have a far lighter class load this coming semester, so I'm hoping to be able to read more than I have been lately....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:29 pm
I don't think I have that many books on my to read list. Probably the only positive side of all my favorite authors not be super prolific.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:07 pm
These are mostly random books that I've picked up at thrift stores or similar places. A lot are classics that I bouht because I feel like I should read them... eventually. The problem is, I keep buying new books that I want to read and reading those first, so my to-read shelves never shrink. rofl And now I just really want to re-read a lot of my old books because I miss them. Like I'm re-reading the Song of Fire and Ice series, and considering re-reading all the Inda books and the Dresden Files and the Codex Alera and maybe my Tamora Pierce books.... Basically, I doubt I'll ever finish all the books on my shelf.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff