Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
WOULD YOU SAY THE ANIME FOR RUROUNI KENSHIN IS GOOD?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fav. Character
  Kenshin of course.
View Results

XxsilverdivinerX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:59 pm
well... the anime itself is pretty ok... i just don't like how some of the characters are drawn... like kenshin in the first episode looks really kiddish but as it progresses he looks more 28 than 16.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:24 pm
You might have been able to see it on cartoon network but sadly they took it off the air so you can't exactly do that. The best suggestion I have is to look on the computer and try to find something.  

Namtastic

Lunatic

H a p p y Pi11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:05 am
The ANime and the OVA rocks, but the movie Samurai X sucked..it was boring to me and it didn't have the voice actors from the anime, which I love.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:16 pm
It all rocks, but the second season is probably the best; in my opinion.  

Gunr

NewtypeS3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:43 pm
Personally, I'd say that the anime is worth at least a look. The dub is excellently done, with the Kyoto Arc having the best dubbed villain (Lord Shishio voiced by David Lucas) in existence, period.

When it comes down to dub v sub, though, I'd recommend trying both out - because I gurantee that the dub for Rurouni Kenshin is different from Samurai X.
For me, I've never liked the idea of a grown man being played by a woman - no matter how womanly he looks. Combine that with the fact that I felt that the subbed version just didn't convey the same emotion, and you've got me watching the rather excellent dub most of the time.

Besides, the dub has David Lucas as Lord Shishio. You can't lose with a guy like that.

Quite frankly, when all is said and done, only the first 2 seasons are really worth checking out...
For the rest of the story, grab the 28-volume Kenshin manga. While the manga's version of the Shishio v Kenshin battle isn't as cool as the animated version, the final story arcs make it completely worth reading.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:20 am
Melody Rhyme
I like everything Kenshin, but that being said it is soo much better in subtitled version then in dubed version.
3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  

Sephiralen

Tophtwin2212

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:32 pm
RURONI KENSHIN IS LIKE THE BEST SHOW IN THE WORLD!!!!! Trust me. if you have only seen samuri x, you will love ruroni kenshin. Also, Ruroni Kenshin is the first anime i ever watched....no wait! second. YuYuHakusho was the first  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:55 am
Wow, didn't give alot of charater choice's. Enishi, Saitou, and Aoshi are my favorite BTW.

Yea it's good, I just don't care to much for "That I am".  

Enishi-san

kei-chan93

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:46 pm
i love the anime better than ova heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:10 pm
RainyAkuma
C'mon! Shougo was good, even though the was a Wannabe! crying I loved that guy for no reason... but, he's number four, after Aoshi... xd

Gotta love crazy christians... He made me miss Soujirou though, knowing his part had passed, and now for the new villains.  

ponponpon way x2

Wild Comrade

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:39 pm
i got both box sets for like $80 ish i think on ebay like 2 years ago, so it should be less espensive now and yes the anime is good it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really funny and exciting prepare for some eye closing moments tho, the first time i watched the kenshin shishio battle i couldnt stand watching kenshin get...bitten... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:26 pm
The anime is prettty much only for those who have never read the manga because it pretty much explains the story except the crappy ending....tsk.. The manga takes the anime and explains it better detail. Plus the manga was done first  

NkGuy

steph9338

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:43 pm
I'm currently watching the series. I think it's a good anime. IT ROCKS!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:49 pm
Zehruk
The best Arc is the Kyoto Ark.

I agree. And I thought the ending for the series was a bit weird. It didn't really provide a conclusion...it was pretty much a cliffhanger.

I'd like to read the manga though. ^_^  

WinterMoon00

AHURA MAZDA Ormazd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:19 pm
I say you do this first.
READ THE MANGA!
then go to the Anime series Then
watch the samurai X movies
Because to me the samurai X movies are just probabilities,
TV series are good, specially Tokyo arc the best!
The end leaves you kind of unsatisfied  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces