Reply Legion of Gaian Zombies
Weapons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

musume_gatsu

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:57 am
I'm not much of a gun person. My Grandfather was a gunsmith so I around them far too much as a kid. Plus if you run out of bullets they just turn into blunt objects. I think I'm going "tom savini" stlye with a machete..  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:03 pm
I'd go Gordon Freeman with a crowbar =P  

Jack__Ripper
Crew

Devil Kitty

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:41 am
Light Saber.

For sho.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:49 am
Grooben
Well, thank you, I guess.

As for the long sword, it's a logical use as a weapon. Minimal maintenance (roughly the same as a quality handgun or rifle), decent range, etc etc

The only flaw with it is you can only swing a sword so many times before you start getting seriously winded. Itty bitty humans with no meat would get tired of firing a handgun, but a real man (like me) won't get winded by firing a handgun.

Personally, it is my suggestion to stick to things like .45's, 7.62x54/39's, or just nuking the whole world and living with nuclear winter. I like winter.

Nuclear Winter is just a theory atm, besides radioactive fallout would pose more hazard to humans than zombies and blast effect is only 50% of the energy budget of a nuclear explosion. Considering that most of the nuclear ordinance in existence are tactical nuclear weapons of a few kilotonnes, I wouldn't recommend using them on a scattered menace such as zombies unless you plan on ONLY targeting specific metropolitan areas.

But, what would be the point? You'd just make the area summarily unlivable.

As for melee weapons, you'd probably want something without much of a blade. Blunt Force Trauma would probably serve you much better than an edged slashing weapon. If I had to choose, however, it would be an axe or a crowbar. Crowbars can be used for more than just bashing brains in, after all.

.45 caliber guns are overkill. You may think you're a real man, but I can assure you that firing a .45 will get old VERY quickly and make entirely too much noise. If you've got a ringing in your ears from too much firing you won't be able to hear the shuffling feet of the undead too well.

A rimfire or 9mm will still be able to get the job done with a proper headshot.  

Bondage Zombie

Proxy Prophet

Spikin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:13 am
You can take a zombie with anything....Just look at Capcom's new zombie game dead rising. You can use everything.

But personally I'd use whatever was around me.. so I'd use a saber to a AK-47 look a like or a shotgun with incendiary rounds.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:00 am
Black Enix
You can take a zombie with anything....Just look at Capcom's new zombie game dead rising. You can use everything.

But personally i'd use whatever wwas around me.. so i'd use a sabre to a ak-47 look a like or a shotgun with incinerary rounds.

Um what would be the point of incendiary slug with a shotgun? They don't even make incendiary slug from what I have found.  

Jack__Ripper
Crew

Spikin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:22 pm
Jack_Vanguard
Black Enix

But personally i'd use whatever wwas around me.. so i'd use a sabre to a ak-47 look a like or a shotgun with incinerary rounds.

Um what would be the point of incendiary slug with a shotgun? They don't even make incendiary slug from what I have found.

they do actually. i have actually seen them they do exist. they just dont sell them in bulk at your local gun shop.

And as there use goes. if you turn a zombie into a inferno at night you will be able to see other zombies with that dead one burning.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:58 pm
double barrel 12 gauge, 2 9mms, and a katana and wazakashi  

Riku-Otaku

Asia8989
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:25 pm
I decided to come in and look at this, then I quickly remembered why I gave up in the first place and forced people to go here. I really have no ******** idea what most of you are talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:38 am
Evil Scottsman
Jack_Vanguard
Black Enix

they do actually. i have actually seen them they do exist. they just dont sell them in bulk at your local gun shop.

And as there use goes. if you turn a zombie into a inferno at night you will be able to see other zombies with that dead one burning.

there are no incendiary shot gun shells, but there are dragon shells that shoot out a jet of flame out of a shotgun.  

Jack__Ripper
Crew

Tar Palantir

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:01 pm
I say 12 guage pump action shotgun, silenced 9mm handgun, machete, and blunt weapon (like a cricket bat biggrin ). This provides a widge range of available tactics at a minimal cost. The only possible omission is a good long range weapon, but you can easily add a rifle too. I just don't see the point in killing zeds that aren't actively trying to eat you.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:46 pm
9mm pistol would work for small groups or indiviual zombies but a 12-gauge would work better for larger groups.

as for melee weapons, baseball bat if you want to stay light(bokkens work as well, since they are wooden katanas, pretty thick too) as for going heavy a chainsaw would do it, my dad has a small but effective chainsaw so im lucky.  

Searif Darkmoon

neoseshomaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:54 pm
i would stick to simple and effective means for killing zombies. a potatoe for groups, a pea shooter for distance, and a spoon for those close ranged kills.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:18 pm
Sporks, spatulas and microwaves. Hurrah. domokun  

Miss Kitten Noire
Crew

Vallandoth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:00 am
one word: Katana
yup  
Legion of Gaian Zombies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff