Welcome to Gaia! ::

FMG:The Future Mangaka Guild.

Back to Guilds

Aspiring manga artists and long-time fans of anime and manga,your haven is here. 

Tags: manga, anime, japanese, drawing, friends 

Reply The FMG Main
A suggestion for an event. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hello :)
  +1
View Results

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:42 am
The Nagatoist
So,we just need to gather judges for the contest. Shall I create a separate topic for this?
We should set up a forum here and in the comic forum for judges hiring etc, along with Gaia Job Center guild since they often help people to get workers for events etc.

I could still talk to the head of the Gaian Illustrator Magazine for the advertisement space and ask if any of the fellow artists would want to be a judge.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:16 am
The Nagatoist

Angelraven529

gbioryl

I know you guys want to use your OCs, but how about this. Using tektek, you can create a similar looking avatar to your OC. This way, you can still use your OCs but with Gaia items, then it'll be easier to link this tournament to Gaia.

We can link the plot of the tournament to the main story of Gaia (Gambino recently was assassinated. Again.) Using the main Gaia comic as starter point, we can have a character (the one who started the tournament) to take advantage of the chaos that's been happening in Gaia after Gambino fell. Encouraging Gaians to go against each other.  

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:35 am
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
So,we just need to gather judges for the contest. Shall I create a separate topic for this?
We should set up a forum here and in the comic forum for judges hiring etc, along with Gaia Job Center guild since they often help people to get workers for events etc.

I could still talk to the head of the Gaian Illustrator Magazine for the advertisement space and ask if any of the fellow artists would want to be a judge.
That sounds great. Is there any additional information you would like to give me,or you'd like me to give you?
We can start this contest this week.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:55 am
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist

That sounds great. Is there any additional information you would like to give me,or you'd like me to give you?

Reading this thread and filling out the form to be send to him would help for the advertisement of the contest, maybe mention my name, idk.

But before we could the contest need at least 3 judges?
I know we have one, how about you?
I honestly don't mind being one, since I don't think I have time to participate it myself.  

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:08 am
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist

Reading this thread and filling out the form to be send to him would help for the advertisement of the contest, maybe mention my name, idk.

I honestly don't mind being one, since I don't think I have time to participate it myself.
Alright,i'll refer you. Thank you for telling me about this :3 If you're interested,would you like to become part of the Crew? Your interest in this guild is appreciated.

I could be one,we probably need more than 3 because i've been lagging along in terms of artistic ability,i'm not all that good actually. You can be one if you want.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:58 am
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist

Alright,i'll refer you. Thank you for telling me about this :3 If you're interested,would you like to become part of the Crew? Your interest in this guild is appreciated.

I could be one,we probably need more than 3 because i've been lagging along in terms of artistic ability,i'm not all that good actually. You can be one if you want.
No problem smile

Sure, I wouldn't mind being part of the crew and with judges, I think we need to recruit any willing Gaians who have basic (preferably more) knowledge of comic making to become judges. I don't think we can start the contest by next week, although planning it and organising it now would really help to launch the contest much quicker.

I say we start planning by getting the judges first, then coming up with the basic plot line, rules, deadlines etc.  

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:14 am
The Nagatoist

Angelraven529

gbioryl

Guys, I've mentioned about the comic tournament to a friend of my mine, and he managed to persuade one of his artistic friend to be a part of judge panel, her username is Chaotic Mana.

And I've sent her this:

Quote:
Hello, Jun reffered me to you. Thank you so much for agreeing to be a judge on our comic tournament, you have great anatomy and art style that having you in judges panel would be great help, when judging the participants' comics.

Unfortnately, the tournament is still a plan in progress and going slower than expected due to delayed communications between me and other people who are organising this tournament with.

Basicaly, the comic tournament would be a linked story to the Gambino's fell comic, where the Gaians are in complete chaos due to the lost of a long-time leader, an individual suddenly steps in and holds the tournament for the ultimate power.

The structure of tournament is that the artists, would have to audition through making a character profile sheet and a short background stories of their Gaia OC(s).

Accepted participants will then move to the first round where they have to compete other artist by making the better comic. The comics will be judge by story-telling, composition, anatomy, dialogues, conflict etc. The artist with the better comic will then, move to second round.

There's going to four or five round, we haven't decided yet. at the end of the tournament would be an ending comic, cover and other prizes that is yet to be decided.

So, yeah that's the breakthrough the whole thing. me and others' are hoping to get started with the tournament by the start of next week, hopefully. There is three other judges including myself in the panel and and be delighted if you can help us spread the word out that we're trying to find two other volunteered critriques/artists to be in the judge panel. Thank you! smile

I've listed above, roughly what the plot line is and how is it going to work (suggestion for improvements is needed.)

You can still use your OC, I'm pretty sure using tektek you can create a similar looking avatar to your OC. However, to not confuse you. The tektek avatar is only a reference of Gaia items that will be drawn on your character sheet/ comics.

Me and Nagatoist agreed on 6 judges, so with me, her and Chaotic Mana that makes us three. gbioryl do you still want to act as a judge? Please reply ASAP.

We need to brainstorm how the audition will go, the deadlines and possible prizes.

Not to mention how the storyline will progress.

Hopefully, this will start the work going and somehow live up this place! This guild is more haunting than an actual ghost town.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:10 am
Haha,then this guild only needs actual ghosts.
Let's start discussing it now.

So,have we gathered enough judges? I'd like all of them to speak to me first so we can all be present to evaluate entries. Tick tock,please refer to me the names of the judges you've invited to participate.

An estimated start and finish time. The brainstorming should take less than a week,or even a few days.

As for prizes, even though i'm a rich Gaian, it would be advisable for multiple people,preferably the judges to contribute.I will provide the grand prize. The prizes should probably be rather high,since this sounds like a lengthy and break-paced contest. Prizes should exceed in upwards of 100K+ to motivate people more.

Lastly,the story,tick tock mentioned a linked story to a Gambino comic? She also stated that comic pages would be made. Please provide me information about this comic.

And my concern is participation. Tick tock,you also mentioned collab with other manga guilds and possibly inform them of this contest. Would you mind telling me the names of these guilds,and perhaps,tell them about it? Also,saying this contest would be shared by other guilds,should I create a whole new forum for it? Users can simply post their entries as posts in the forum (labled as OCC for the original character contest) and get feedback from members. Hmm,i think that could be a little disorganized XD

Cover art for the contest would be nice. Would lighten things up a bit.
Compensation for someone who creates cover art.
Someone to create the contest page once it starts up,complete with limited participation slots.
Also,a compilation of the best pages into one one-shot manga to share with everyone.

I think I set the stage here. I'm excited for things in this guild to start moving forward again,as I've slacked off considerably in the past few months. ><  

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:57 am
The Nagatoist

So,have we gathered enough judges? I'd like all of them to speak to me first so we can all be present to evaluate entries. Tick tock,please refer to me the names of the judges you've invited to participate.

An estimated start and finish time. The brainstorming should take less than a week,or even a few days.

As for prizes, even though i'm a rich Gaian, it would be advisable for multiple people,preferably the judges to contribute.I will provide the grand prize. The prizes should probably be rather high,since this sounds like a lengthy and break-paced contest. Prizes should exceed in upwards of 100K+ to motivate people more.

Lastly,the story,tick tock mentioned a linked story to a Gambino comic? She also stated that comic pages would be made. Please provide me information about this comic.

And my concern is participation. Tick tock,you also mentioned collab with other manga guilds and possibly inform them of this contest. Would you mind telling me the names of these guilds,and perhaps,tell them about it? Also,saying this contest would be shared by other guilds,should I create a whole new forum for it? Users can simply post their entries as posts in the forum (labled as OCC for the original character contest) and get feedback from members. Hmm,i think that could be a little disorganized XD

Someone to create the contest page once it starts up,complete with limited participation slots.
Also,a compilation of the best pages into one one-shot manga to share with everyone.

I think I set the stage here. I'm excited for things in this guild to start moving forward again,as I've slacked off considerably in the past few months. ><

I haven't managed to create hiring judges thread. I'll probably can in an hour or so. Although, like I said in the post above, Chaotic Mana accepted to be one of the judges. Feel free to PM her, what I posted earlier on was the one I sent to her, so she knows what's happening and how it will work, however like me. She'll be busy but she'll probably have time to judge comics whenever she can.

Prizes can be 100k or more, plus arts and ending comic of roughly around 5~8 pages. I don't mind cashing more prizes as the tournament goes on. I might put a cash shop bundle if I managed to get my hands on some Gaia cash in the near future.

It's not a collab with other guilds but more rather advertising our guild and the tournament in their premises, by exchanging links. Although, Gaia illustrator is willing to advertise a full page on the magazine is a big help, other active guilds like Cherubs and friends Art guild Have many artists in the guild and would (probably) wouldn't mind exchanging affiliates with our guild and advertising the tournament. Mind you, don't take my words to heart. I'm not as familiar with the Cherub guild as I am with Gaian Illustrator so I can't be sure, but I'm pretty sure we can negotiate if we have to.

I wouldn't mind creating the cover, but the most focus point is who is the two individuals willing to do a beginning comic and an ending comic (which is a part of the prize)?

And yes, making a forum for the tournament would great! biggrin
Although, separate sub-forums for the auditions, round 1, round 2 etc. would make it easier for everyone, and less confusion will occur.

This tournament should be advertised in the other guild forums (if we could), Gaian Illustrator Magazine, Comic Creator Forum, Comic Forum, Art Discussion forum and anywhere else that we could spread the word out to.

In hour or so, I'll start setting up a thread to find volunteered judges. I just need to revise some of French. Then alas, free time again! blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:18 am
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist

I haven't managed to create hiring judges thread. I'll probably can in an hour or so. Although, like I said in the post above, Chaotic Mana accepted to be one of the judges. Feel free to PM her, what I posted earlier on was the one I sent to her, so she knows what's happening and how it will work, however like me. She'll be busy but she'll probably have time to judge comics whenever she can.

Prizes can be 100k or more, plus arts and ending comic of roughly around 5~8 pages. I don't mind cashing more prizes as the tournament goes on. I might put a cash shop bundle if I managed to get my hands on some Gaia cash in the near future.

It's not a collab with other guilds but more rather advertising our guild and the tournament in their premises, by exchanging links. Although, Gaia illustrator is willing to advertise a full page on the magazine is a big help, other active guilds like Cherubs and friends Art guild Have many artists in the guild and would (probably) wouldn't mind exchanging affiliates with our guild and advertising the tournament. Mind you, don't take my words to heart. I'm not as familiar with the Cherub guild as I am with Gaian Illustrator so I can't be sure, but I'm pretty sure we can negotiate if we have to.

I wouldn't mind creating the cover, but the most focus point is who is the two individuals willing to do a beginning comic and an ending comic (which is a part of the prize)?

Although, separate sub-forums for the auditions, round 1, round 2 etc. would make it easier for everyone, and less confusion will occur.

This tournament should be advertised in the other guild forums (if we could), Gaian Illustrator Magazine, Comic Creator Forum, Comic Forum, Art Discussion forum and anywhere else that we could spread the word out to.

In hour or so, I'll start setting up a thread to find volunteered judges. I just need to revise some of French. Then alas, free time again! blaugh
Sounds great biggrin
The sub-forum idea sounds like a good idea,why didn't i think of that.
Can you explain the beginning and ending comic stuff in more detail.

Ah,well without further ado,I think i'll retire for the night. Thanks for going an extra leg to set up this contest!  

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:43 am
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist

Sounds great biggrin
The sub-forum idea sounds like a good idea,why didn't i think of that.
Can you explain the beginning and ending comic stuff in more detail.

Ah,well without further ado,I think i'll retire for the night. Thanks for going an extra leg to set up this contest!

The beginning comic is the introduction of the tournament, it's shows who was the one behind of the tournament and how it came to be. For example, let's call this powerful individual A-chan.
Quote:

Upon the confirmation of Gambino's death and the absence of his son Gino, the Gaians were out of control and is in chaos, a daughter of a former Mafia family then decided to step-in and decided to hold a tournament to find the rightful leader. She then, made a ruckus in the towns (with the help of her workmen) just to assemble the Gaians.

In the assembly she then introduced the tournament to the Gaians, and threatened them to join, cause if not. The towns itself would be burned down.

That's the beginning comic, although I would appreciate if that was improved for better plot line.

The ending comic, is the final conclusion of the plot, it's based on what will happen with Gaia after the tournament. (the ending story will be based on winner's plot. If possible.)

Haha, it's no problem. I'm completely bored so I don't mind really.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:04 am
I feel just a 'little' bit late
but I wouldn't mind participating as an artist if need be.
I love my avi.  

sparklegasmic

quiescentLunacy

Lonely Survivor

16,625 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • That One Hero 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:21 pm
Ah! Sorry for not being around! sweatdrop Yes, I'm still completely willing to be a judge, and I could help with the cover page, too. Also, I have an idea as to how to set up the tournament. It's a lot like Tick-tock-tea's idea, but with a few changes.
Quote:
With no clear leader, Gaia is in chaos. In order to restore balance, an anonymous figure from the Underworld of Gaia (as in yakuza and the like, not hell) arranges a tournament. He sends out word "To restore control, a fighting tournament will be held one month from now. The winner will be given the Underworld's support as the Champion of Gaia and will have complete control over the people until there is such a time that a new leader can be named. Come for the glory and prizes, and fight so that you can be the Champion of Gaia!" With no idea as to who this mysterious figure was, the people begin calling this person "A-san". The strongest fighters will gather on the day of the tournament, and the ultimate showdown will begin!

How is it? I liked TTT's idea for A-chan, so I just changed it a bit. Hope you don't mind! Also, I'm capable of being a judge, but I'm pretty poor. I only recently got 100,000 gold, so I won't be much help with the prizes. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 am
gbioryl
Ah! Sorry for not being around! sweatdrop Yes, I'm still completely willing to be a judge, and I could help with the cover page, too. Also, I have an idea as to how to set up the tournament. It's a lot like Tick-tock-tea's idea, but with a few changes.
Quote:
With no clear leader, Gaia is in chaos. In order to restore balance, an anonymous figure from the Underworld of Gaia (as in yakuza and the like, not hell) arranges a tournament. He sends out word "To restore control, a fighting tournament will be held one month from now. The winner will be given the Underworld's support as the Champion of Gaia and will have complete control over the people until there is such a time that a new leader can be named. Come for the glory and prizes, and fight so that you can be the Champion of Gaia!" With no idea as to who this mysterious figure was, the people begin calling this person "A-san". The strongest fighters will gather on the day of the tournament, and the ultimate showdown will begin!

How is it? I liked TTT's idea for A-chan, so I just changed it a bit. Hope you don't mind! Also, I'm capable of being a judge, but I'm pretty poor. I only recently got 100,000 gold, so I won't be much help with the prizes. Sorry.
That's quite alright.Not to brag,but I just made 500k yesterday xP I think i'll be able to handle the regular prizes plus the grand prize.
Hmm I like your idea. Seems a bit farfetched,jus' saying xD I was thinking along the lines of a rebel organization formed against those still loyal to the past leader. A war breaks out,and fighters from both side desert to the other side. I dunno.
That's why we need to formulate ideas,and thank you for contributing =3  

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 am
gbioryl
Quote:

I actually like the idea, but like Nagatoist mentioned it's a bit far-fetched combining, but if you combined it with her idea of rebellion in could work.

Yeah feel free to make improvements, I just came up with those stuff on the spot. So, they really need to be thought out more.

Sadly, I wouldn't be able to participate with this tournament due to my upcoming busy schedules but I'll try to help whenever I can.

Btw, someone need to set a hiring judges thread.

sparklegasmic
I feel just a 'little' bit late
but I wouldn't mind participating as an artist if need be.
I love my avi.

Feel free to participate, once the auditions are open. smile  
The FMG Main

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas