Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
Quidditch Banter: OOC for players and fans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:53 pm
The dice are so odd on this site lol. The beaters are getting numbers the seekers would love to have lol. I would like to look at the number randomizer code for Gaia, I wonder how it does its loop checks, and patterns the numbers?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:23 pm
Do we make a leaving post on the pitch, or do we just stop posting?  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:34 pm
I did, because it was such a epic game I could not help it. Had to give credit to the right people.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:38 pm
Yep. Make your leaving post and scat. Kakatary berated our team for chitter-chattering. Good game you guys!  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:10 pm
well it wasn't Kat but me. but it's still the same point...

but yeah post you leaving the pitch and that's all.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:48 pm
Um, if we want to do a med wing RP after this, is that okay without additional plot request permission? I mean, Chase and Shina are twelve year olds who have been hit with magical cannonballs, multiple times in Chase's case.  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 pm
situations like that, as a result of something designed by the guild itself should be fine to do without the need of a plot request.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:22 pm
Expanding on what Nanashi is saying... I don't know about you guys, but I have been kicked/punched in the gut before. Fluffy human stomach isn't very strong. So, a cannonball ramming into your gut can really, really do some damage, especially considering the bludger's kinetic energy.

Some math... a bludger is made of solid IRON. Its mass is roughly 149 pounds. I researched and concluded that bludgers travel at around the speed of 60 mph. That's 67.6 kg and 26.7 m/s. I will skip the entire rambling about physics and equations, but the kinetic energy of the bludger is roughly 24,095.7 J.

25 kJ is enough to energy to keep you jumpy with excitement for two weeks. Taking this into the gut all at once... Let's just say that we'll gonna get some major internal bleeding. >.>

I'm not very knowledgeable on physics, so someone provide a more definite answer, yes yes?  

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:29 pm
Moon, stop doing math about Quidditch. razz

Sam is still the only seeker to catch a snitch so far.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:35 pm
Heee, Moon, keep doing math! *eyebrow waggle* Seriously though, there must be either some sort of spell to make the bludgers not immediately lethal, or else inherent magic protects the players somewhat. Harry Potter: Where "A wizard did it" is actually a perfectly valid and logical answer!

So, I'm thinking cracked/badly bruised rib, and....I'd like to do something like a hemothorax maybe? A slow build that got worse as time passed, and will start getting to the "I think there might be something wrong..." stage after she gets Chase to the nurse?  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:22 am
Utsuha Moon
Expanding on what Nanashi is saying... I don't know about you guys, but I have been kicked/punched in the gut before. Fluffy human stomach isn't very strong. So, a cannonball ramming into your gut can really, really do some damage, especially considering the bludger's kinetic energy.

Some math... a bludger is made of solid IRON. Its mass is roughly 149 pounds. I researched and concluded that bludgers travel at around the speed of 60 mph. That's 67.6 kg and 26.7 m/s. I will skip the entire rambling about physics and equations, but the kinetic energy of the bludger is roughly 24,095.7 J.

25 kJ is enough to energy to keep you jumpy with excitement for two weeks. Taking this into the gut all at once... Let's just say that we'll gonna get some major internal bleeding. >.>

I'm not very knowledgeable on physics, so someone provide a more definite answer, yes yes?

Really bunny. I've had enough of physics; so I know a few things. But you also need to account for bouncing off a bludger bat as well, which in a way, could make a bludger drastically slower or faster. So there is some initial velocity to that making the total energy even higher, or lower, depending on final speed, which you would need the distance and acceleration of the bludger along with initial velocity to find.

I don't know if you could call it a head on collision with the bludger, well 'elastic collision'. Cause I could find that intial through that as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:16 am
Nanashi Kage Enjeru
Heee, Moon, keep doing math! *eyebrow waggle* Seriously though, there must be either some sort of spell to make the bludgers not immediately lethal, or else inherent magic protects the players somewhat. Harry Potter: Where "A wizard did it" is actually a perfectly valid and logical answer!

So, I'm thinking cracked/badly bruised rib, and....I'd like to do something like a hemothorax maybe? A slow build that got worse as time passed, and will start getting to the "I think there might be something wrong..." stage after she gets Chase to the nurse?

The rib thing definitely works. When Heather got hit in the side in the last game, Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor, she broke some ribs. Yay for the injured! Whoo~  

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:52 am
But a game like this is possible because healing is so much quicker and easier in the magical world. Look at American football, those guys hit each other with massive amounts of kinetic force all the time but they have massive pads to help lessen the impact. Here we have lighter pads, but they have some magic in them to help, and we have nurses and medical people who can literally wave a magic wand and make some injuries go away.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:17 am
Yay for healing magic! In muggle-land, a broken limb/ribs lays you up for weeks/months. Here? You can regrow every bone in your arm in under two days. Makes it so much easier to have dramatic injuries without having to RP the long-term consequences!

I think Shina's actually going to end up being one of those characters who repeatedly ends up injured playing Quidditch, but has so much fun playing that she doesn't really mind. Heck, I'm actually seeing Shina being kind of proud of her injuries.  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:42 am
Haha! Remy..... Rem's gonna die... crying Erm... She has wicked pneomonia, and almost fell off her broom with an asthma attack!! WHERE ARE THE BLOODY NURSES?! None of the Gryffindor/Hufflepuff teams have been healed...............  
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff