Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Guild for all things Role Play and Random ^^

Back to Guilds

Reply The Role Play Forum ^^
O'Conner's School for the Light challenged Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Madame Red

Devoted Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:56 am
User ImageAnya was delighted to see that Emma was warming up to her, but after she left the cafeteria briefly, Anya's expression was regarded. She eyed the group of females sitting around her with some indifference before stating to all of them, "We're all very aware that she knows what we are. There's no need to act differently around her, but I'll only say this once. If any of us were to bite her, we'll have to answer to our own creator."

Upon Emma arriving again and sitting next to Anya, the female vampire acted as if she remained as bubbly as ever, "Glad to have you back! You better eat up, there are a few more classes before the night is over."

After their allotted lunch time was over, Anya checked Emma's schedule to see they were in the same Literature lecture. Anya kept a soft grip on Emma's hand as the entourage followed from behind the two.

"So tell me, sweeting, how are you fairing on your first day?" Anya asked when they entered the classroom, "Besides the incident with my brother and all."

"A tragic mess," Oscar commented as he took a bite out of his completely rare steak as he motioned towards Emma, "Or at least an accident could occur. The only problem is facing Anya's wrath and my father's if he were to find out."

"We could also set someone of a lower ranking up to do it," a guy commented to Oscar, "You know, make the bag of flesh like him and he does it. That way we're losing someone of little value."

Oscar's emerald eyes narrowed on the person who spoke, "Lower ranking or not, that's not how we treat our kind. We're not animals or heathens. We feast on blood but we dine like kings."

He then turned to the others sitting around him, "Just everyone get this straight; until she becomes a real problem, make her realize how fragile her human life can be compared to ours."User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:42 pm
Emma reluctantly ate her food. It tasted worse than it looked! So instead of eating the meat she settled for forcing down the veggies now more resolved that ever to buying her own food. Then suddenly Anya all but yanked her out of her seat and too her class. She was vaguely aware that the other was asking her questions and her sullen face might alarm the poor prefect so she decided to fake it making her face light up to match the smile of Anya's.
"Oh it was great. Seriously though, you're brother's little outburst was cute. That little incident in the cafeteria a hoot an a half I'm not phased." She gave the hand of Anya's she was holding a slight squeeze. "I actually enjoyed Oscar's little tease." She spared a glance at the half moon and frowned. "So one question, is it normal for those girls to switch flavoured water for blood?" Her phone beeped and she pulled some jerky out of her bag absently chewing on it. Then she decided to check her phone. "Huh. Three voice mail messages." Her absent frown deepened when she saw who they were from. "I'll check these later." She said in a rush. "Anyway," Her tone took on some weird emotion. Who ever left her those voice mail messages had her freaked out. And she was the only human among a few hundred vampires.

"All right quiet everyone. I SAID QUIET!!!" The Teacher roared over the humming. "Now we have a new student in our group so be nice." At the slight laughter that bubbled from the group the man's eyes turned black. "I said, be nice" The class seemed to give a collective whimper and tightening her grip even more on Anya's hand she prayed silently in her mind for the teacher not to call her out. "Emmaline Troy." The teacher purred.
"Oh dear god." Emma breathed trying not to crush Anya's hand. "Yes sir?"
"What book were you up to in your last school?"
"Uh..." She checked her notes. "Jane Arye." The teacher frowned a little. "I have almost finished the assignment on it if you'd like it." She added in a rush.
"No it's not that, you're just ahead of us then. See me after class and we'll arrange something for you." Emma nodded trying not to let loose her bladder from embarrassment. She wanted to cry then too. Instead she just tightened her hand on Anya's long after her knuckles went white.  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

Married Conversationalist

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Madame Red

Devoted Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:41 pm
User ImageAnya chuckled at Emma's embarrassment before helping her go to the back of the classroom to sit with her. She could see the pale complexion in Emma's facial features, the heat of her blood radiating off of her skin, and hear the rhythmic tune of her heart beating. For centuries Anya had barely listened to a heart beat, but hearing one up close made her feel actually homesick for her simple days as a young woman in her prime age of 18 that could've been married to a man of a church. The longing look disappeared from Anya's gaze as she looked away from Emma. She scented Oscar entering the room and smiled at him before he walked over and sat across from her, "You're late, brother."

"I had to clear up a little mess in the cafeteria. The stench of a human left some of the others a little on edge," Oscar glanced over to Emma, "Who knew that a bad of old meat could cause such a disturbance."

"Play nice," Anya mimicked the teacher as she reached over and playfully punched Oscar's arm.

"Mr. and Ms. Mikolov, would you like to share with the class what you're discussing back there? Perhaps it's about the novel that we're covering today?" the teacher crossed his arms as he glared over at the two.

"I believe I can answer-" Anya stood to answer.

"Please take a sit, Ms. Mikolov. Actually being there doesn't mean you can excuse yourself from the homework," the teacher rolled his eyes.

Anya smiled to herself before sitting back in her seat and turned her attention to Emma, "You would've loved my original time. For us, we would've been married and had at least two children at this point. Maybe I met a relative of yours from that time, wouldn't that be interesting?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:49 pm
Emma watched this display as if watching a movie. She was tempted to make some snide comment but for some reason it didn't settle her unease. Like, aside from the classroom full of blood sucking leeches someone. . . or something was watching her. "Can't have kids." She muttered absently. "Want them but can't have them." another absent movement as she rubbed her forearms with her hands making sure not to reveal what the jumper was hiding. Another hard shake of her head and she started taking down notes. The only problem was even if they wanted to no one could copy her notes. She'd written them in her own code. She then leaned over to Anya. "My last school's already covered this book if you want my notes." She smiled softly. "I actually got 100% on the assignment too so if you need help don't hesitate to ask." She then turned a kind smile to Oscar. "You too. A good leader always knows when to ask for help."  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Madame Red

Devoted Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:01 pm
"That would make two of us then. As much as I would like a child, there has to be a working reproductive system to make that acceptable," Anya mentioned softly as she placed a hand on her torso.

Oscar then reached over and grasped Anya's hand softly, giving it a squeeze to comfort the female, "It'll happen one day, Anya. It may not come from you, but it'll be a child you will raise."

Anya smiled over at Oscar before looking over at Emma. This human was too cute to pass up! Anya smiled as she shook her head softly as she spoke softly as to not anger the teacher anymore, "I very much appreciate the offer, but I knew of the author personally and enjoyed her work before her novel even hit the shelves."

She then wrote down a few notes for herself that she recalled from memory. It was amazing how things she remembered as if they were a few days ago were actually considered 'history'. Anya could recall traveling across Europe as a young vampire and seeing Kings and Queens. She had even considered being Queen of England at one time when a young King Author caught her eye, but he had married the Spanish Princess Katherine.

"I wish times hadn't changed as dramatically as they did," Anya sighed softly, "Then again, I wish for a lot of things."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:15 pm
Emma watched them interact and nodded solemnly. She wanted to say 'mines because I was attacked by wolves' but didn't know how that would go down with them. Instead she said. "You knew Emily Bronte?" She gave a sigh. "Then could you please shed some light on whether or not she was high when she wrote this part." She pointed to the chapter which talked about Heathcliff sleeping with the corpse of Catherine in Wuthering Heights. Her hand lazily drew circles on the edge of her paper. Don't look at him! Don't look at him! She thought. She wasn't ready to provoke Oscar. Especially not around Anya. Instead her eyes kept being drawn outside. Her heart raced like she was running from something her teeth nearly went through her bottom lip from nerves and her hand crushed her pen. All this because she thought she saw a group of amber coloured eyes staring at her though the tainted glass. At the top of her page she'd written: There's no escaping them. Then a picture of the full moon.  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Madame Red

Devoted Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:25 pm
"No, no," Anya quickly answered, "Emily was simply...and odd one. Living with only women can certainly form some ideas."

She then watched as Emma zone out after their brief conversation. Whatever was going on in the human's head puzzled Anya to no end. Anya then turned her attention back to the teacher for a few minutes before glancing over at Emma to see her staring outside the window. She was about to ask when she felt a piercing stench just seem to appear then disappear. Anya held her nose quickly before others began to express their nervous tick. That's when the teacher paused from his lecture before stating that he had to inform the dean quickly and for no one to leave the room.

As soon as the teacher left, Oscar stood up, "Remain calm, this has happened before. Anya, what's wrong?"

"Can't you smell that?" Anya whispered up at him.

Oscar remained silent as he looked over at Emma. His gaze widened slightly at what she was drawing on the notebook in front of her. Before he allowed anyone to look as well, he snatched Emma's notebook away, causing the human to come out of her trance. Oscar immediately shredded it to pieces, "No more of this. Writing weird notes is unacceptable. I don't particularly care what you are or where you come from, but now that you're here, you are under the Family's watch like the others."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:40 pm
Emma jumped suddenly her eyes flicking back to their normal colour. "What? What's happened?" She asked heart thundering. "Where's the teacher gone and why are you tearing up my notes!?" She hissed. "Granted I didn't need to take them but if you're going to tare up these ones you might as well tell me-" Her phone rang mid rant and she looked at the caller ID and frowned. "I have to take this." She looked around and entered the store room closing it behind her. "Hello?" She asked softly.
"Ah so you're not avoiding me or going to a school with our sworn enemy just to piss us off." The voice purred on the other line.
"Look I told you before I'm not interested in joining you so just leave me alone." She hissed lowly.
"We wish we could and we would have if you hadn't been enrolled in that nest of vipers-"
"Oh and you think you're any different?" Emma snapped.
"Now, now don't be like that, I'm sure you wouldn't want anything to happen to your precious mother."
"Don't start this again." Emma hissed. "If you want me. Come at me and see how long you last this time. If killing you all in a fire didn't stop you then I guess I'll need to melt down my silver into bullets." Pain spiked in her arms causing her to hiss a little. Before they could even comment she hung up and called her mother. "What's wrong sweetie?" Her mother asked instead of a hello.
"I miss you mama." Emma whined holding back tears. "How's your holiday?"
"We had to cut it short darling. But why are you calling so late? Are you having those nightmares again?" Emma gave a tiny sniffle. "Yes. I don't like boarding school, when I have the nightmares you don't come in and sing to me any more." Her mother gave a tiny motherly sigh and started singing. Despite the fact that she had dumped her only child in a boarding school Emma's mother did love her very much. And the thought of that gang getting to her mother made Emma want to give up and let them take her. "Have you made any friends?" Her mother asked out of now where.
"Yeah. This girl named Anya, she has a brother named Oscar who's kinda cute but-"
"But you don't think he's your type so you're getting under his skin just to have something to do?" Her mother finished for her. Emma gave a grunt in agreement then after saying her good byes stayed in the storeroom just a little longer. She needed to collect herself so she didn't burst into tears in the middle of class.  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Madame Red

Devoted Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:58 pm
"You don't have to keep up torturing her!" Anya stood up and glared at Oscar, causing the others in the room to become anxious as they watched the two, "Just because of her obvious difference from us, she is not our enemy or for you to narrow in on!"

"Come on, Anya, wake up from your dreamland already," Oscar scoffed as he crossed his arms, "Can't you see that there's obviously some correlation between what we can all sense and her little outburst?"

Anya stayed silent for a moment before taking a step toward Oscar, "I'll give her the benefit of the doubt before I accuse her of such a vile act. And so should you and the others. Sending a witchhunt on her would be wrong, and i've seen a witchhunt."

Oscar sighed before looking at the others to see what they would continue to say. He looked back at Anya and gave her shoulder a light squeeze, "Can't you just take my side?"

"I wish I could, but no matter what I can't just let her become a target for the others and let you take your aggression out on her," Anya looked to the storage room door.

Then, the loud speaker came on, and stated that all classes were cancelled until next week due to a minor disturbance. Anya and Oscar watched as the others began filing out of the classroom, leaving them alone in the room with Emma still in the closet. Oscar then turned his attention to Anya, "We can't just disagree like that in front of the others. In the end, we're partners and have to act as one. In a few centuries from now, we'll be the ones leading them on."

"I know that," Anya quickly stated as she crossed her arms in front of her, "You can't be brash all the time."

"That's why I chose you to be my partner," Oscar gave a playful smile, "We'll figure things out as we progress. For now, get her out of that closet."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:11 pm
Emma phone beeped with a text message. We'll be watching. She gave a yell and threw it at the back wall watching it shatter then burst into tears hiding in the darkest part of the closet and curled up in a ball. She whimpered a little for her mother but with interference from her tears it sounded like she'd called out of Anya. Her whole body shook from shock and terror. She ignored everything around her as she cried even the fact her jumper was flashing the beginnings of her scarred forearms. She couldn't take it any more. She hated being followed, hating having to run or burn things down to protect herself. She decided in her hysterical state that if any one was going to kill her then it would be that smug punk Oscar. Or maybe Anya. At least they'd be gentle with her and not try to tare her limp from limp. Or maybe she just needed to kill something again. Find out where they're hiding while they sleep and burn it to the ground again. That would be handy but at the same time stupid. She could put Anya in danger- wait. Since when did she care what happened to others? She tensed up as the door opened praying they didn't find her underneath the bottom shelf.  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Madame Red

Devoted Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm
After Oscar left, Anya was the one who went to the storage closet and opened the door slowly, "Emma? Is everything ok?"

Her heightened hearing sense picked up on the whimpering. Anya glanced down to see Emma hiding in the bottom shelf. This girl was hiding something, and between Emma's reaction and the stench of the wolves from earlier, Emma wasn't telling Anya something.

'I can't accuse her of something since I don't know her,' Anya knelt down and slowly reached out to caress Emma's hand, "Hey, it's ok. I'm here, there's nothing to be afraid of as long as i'm here."

Anya knew her touch was ice cold and lifeless. Her body wouldn't allow to give comfort as much as she wanted herself to. Before she could allow Emma to protest, Anya gently pulled Emma from her hiding spot and held her against her. When Anya had been created to the form she was now, her dream of having a large family was dashed to peaces. Due to her loss of motherhood, Anya had taken upon herself to care for others who needed to be cared for. She had nursed Oscar to health after he had been nearly drained by their creator, and helped other young vampires when they couldn't control their new abilities. Now, Anya gently rubbed Emma's back as she hummed a soft lullaby she could recall her own mother singing to her when she was just a little girl centuries ago.

Meanwhile, Oscar stood in the presence of the Dean, his creator and leader of the Elite Family.

"I'm glad you're quick to find an answer," the Father stood up from behind his desk, "I did a little research myself. Your accusations are correct. Oscar, you'll be a fine leader when I am no longer around. Until then, keep your guard up and keep watch over the others. I'll keep them out as long as you keep the others in."

"Yes, Father," Oscar agreed before he was allowed to be dismissed to the hall.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:31 pm
Emma held Anya close ignoring that the other's body was resistant to her needs. Emma wanted to tell someone what was wrong so bad but she couldn't put Anya in danger like that. She just couldn't. "Yes there is." She sobbed. "There's everything to fear, you and everyone in this school are just normal people compared to what's waiting out there!" She sobbed harder her words choked out as she tried to breathe. "I don't know what to do, I don't want to join but they'll kill my mama! I should've just died!" She took deep slow breaths best she could then looked up at Anya. "Can. . . can you keep a secret?" She asked her mind instantly rejecting it. Of course not! She'll tell Oscar. "Please? I don't want to do this alone any more. And. . . and they know I'm here so soon the dean will know and then people will be asking questions. If you can't that's okay. It never hurts to ask."  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Madame Red

Devoted Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:46 pm
Anya held Emma closer as she listened to Emma's worry. Then, the human asked her if she could keep a secret. There was only problem...Oscar would eventually find out. Anya remained silent as she debated her answer. Oscar could read her like an open book and it didn't take much effort for her to give into his question.

"Yes," Anya breathed in a low whisper, "I give you my promise that I'll keep you safe and keep your secret."

She would have to do her best when it comes to keeping Emma's secret. Whatever was going on in Emma's world would inadvertently impact hers as well at this point.

Oscar watched as the guards for the academy went straight outside and locked the students inside. He felt secure knowing that the Father was doing all that he could to keep the wolves out, but there was more going on. As much as Oscar wanted to keep Anya happy and leaving the human alone, Emma was starting to become the problem for everyone here.

Werewolves and Vampires had been sworn enemies for as long as he could remember. However, each were evenly matched. He could recall watching the Father slaughtering a pack of wolves by surprise. That was the key fact: by surprise. Oscar had never heard of a vampire killing an entire pack with the wolves knowingly.

He went straight to his room, whatever was going on would have to wait until he was actually ready. For now, he need to make a few plans and figure out what to do with the human.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:58 pm
Emma took a deep breath. "Six years ago when I started high school I was approached by some juniors asking if I'd like to hang out with them. Being a new kid I was excited because you know, being a freshman in high school you wanted to fit in so I said yes. And things were going great for a while until I hit the third term of my sophmore year. The kinds were acting strange. They smelt different and when I tried to leave they got violent saying that we were family I couldn't just abandon family." As she spoke Emma took off her jumper and her uniform shirt her body covered in scars some looked like they could've killed her at least ten times over. "I did eventually escape but I spent nine months in hospital. Most of it in a coma. Mama was so worried she lost my little sister." Emma took a deep breath trying not to start crying again. "When I got out of hospital I tracked down the house that my former school mates were in and set it on fire. All but one of them had been killed in the blaze. He was so damaged looked so harmless I took pity on him and let him live. He's been hunting me ever since. Never letting me settle in one place too long. Always watching my family not sure if he wants to torment me by constantly threatening them or turn us all. The last attack he put on me left me a diabetic for the rest of my life. I think. . . I think he wants me as more than just a pack member now. He hasn't bitten me for a reason and I think he'd taunting me. I don't know what to do any more. I'm starting to feel like I should join just to keep my mama safe or. . ." She looked up into Anya eyes. "Ask you to kill me."  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Madame Red

Devoted Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:16 pm
Horror filled Anya's eyes as she listened to Emma's words. It was as if she could feel her heart beat again, no that was Emma's heart beating. Anya forced herself to keep a hold on Emma as she glanced down at the scars on Emma. This...this was more than she had sworn herself to. She left Emma sit in front of her as Anya tried to figure out what to do. This was something Oscar was better at doing, but he wouldn't allow Emma to live. However, what made Anya's gaze turn to Emma's eyes was the human's last sentence.

"No," Anya stated sternly, "I will not kill you. Being alive is more important. And I would send a stake through my heart before I allow you to be turned into a mongrel!"

She then looked away as she heard footsteps outside the classroom, the guards were out. Anya then turned back to Emma, "Emma, one of them is outside the academy and the Dean has been notified. I must as that you stay with me until things settle down. Please," Anya reached and held Emma's hands within her own, "I know that today is your first day and you've been through enough so far. But I want you to trust me when I say that you will be safe and so will your family. As of now, I will make you apart of the Elite Family to give you and your family the full protection. Will you accept my offer?"  
The Role Play Forum ^^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff