Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
The Witch's Children - Plot found, thnx! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:06 pm
I don't have a strong opinion about colors, so in the end its up to whomever the owner of the pack is, really. But, its a good idea to keep suggestions like that in mind, if the new owner hopes to draw in other rpers!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:16 pm
Drani and I are collaborating on an idea. Is there a time frame for this, Blue? I dun wanna spend too much time developing only to present it too late, hehe.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:16 pm
Blue, I don't suppose we could see the full images of the girls in the back...? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:42 pm
Talencia
Drani and I are collaborating on an idea. Is there a time frame for this, Blue? I dun wanna spend too much time developing only to present it too late, hehe.

no timeframe. xD I don't want to set a limit and then be forced to choose something I'm not 100% happy with just because the limit is up. More, I'll choose once I have a few offers and find one I really like.  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:46 pm
Andranis
Blue, I don't suppose we could see the full images of the girls in the back...? xd

I've added all the uncerts to the front page. *nod*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:59 pm
Ty! ::bounces::  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:25 am
I would totally take part in any ocntest for those WDs, and two WD families that lost their homes in the peke-na/Juu'Kilele that are looking for a place to go to.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:48 pm
Tanakako
I would totally take part in any ocntest for those WDs, and two WD families that lost their homes in the peke-na/Juu'Kilele that are looking for a place to go to.

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping someone will volunteer to start up a new pack with them.  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 pm
Separate from my other idea, considering it is hard to find good leadership for a new pack I/T, it would be interesting if the seven siblings decide to become a sort of WD council. Each sibling will choose a different pack or pride that accepts WDs. They would take a mate and raise a family there, and meet once a year to report on the places they live. Those that dislike their original choice can move to a new place. In these packs or prides, they will attempt to represent the needs of the WDs (as they see them... note the delicious chance for drama, lol!). Also, each litter they have will send one pup (at least) to one of the places their relatives are, or choose a new place to go. They'd be... the Canine Accord!

With this idea, it'd be unlikely that their mother would have raised them. Perhaps they grew up as a litter in the roguelands, learning that other species were less likely to stand up for or even understand the differing needs of wild dogs, and decide to take matters into their own paws, defending and advocating for their own kind as they had to for each other growing up.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:57 am
Its not a bad idea, it would just be a matter of finding people who want to rp that. I'm also not sure we have at least seven places you could send them...?

I dunno, I haven't kept up on different prides/packs. xD  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:04 am
Let's see... ::starts going through the forums::

Pridelands accepts any species...
Kuzini'mwezi seems to accept all...
Nchi'mahadhi accepts all...
Kizingo'zaa allows non-lions, though they prefer (obviously) to keep them to a minimum.
Nyota-Wasomaji is a WD pack...
Sikukuu takes all species...
Chokwe also takes all species...
Tianxia accepts all species, though it is lion dominant...
Makono-epesi allows WDs, but only for a single rank...
Peponi-pya says they accept all species...
Suka'Fumo allows WDs, though not as nobles...
Kitwana'Antara allows WDs in all but the royal or noble positions...
Ardhi'Mivringo'Patano allows WDs in one section...
Ulili-Mlindaji accepts all species.

I may have missed a few, and have not included prides that weren't clear on allowing non-felines, or where WDs would be accepted only in a slave capacity. So there are lots of options! Some of those listed are slow or new, but this might be a means to helping them get more activity.

Upon having scanned every forum, though, i can see why you'd like them to be a start to a pack. I think there might be a few WD pack I/Ts, though, which might benefit from the influx of this family as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:50 pm
Just thought I'd throw in a couple of suggestions seeing as I also have problems finding homes for any of my WDs.

1. No colour restrictions
-----Special or preferred colours are all good
-----Special or preferred markings also fine

2. No breeding restrictions
-----Rogue breeding allowed

3. No forced low ranks
-----It's fine to have ranks such as 'slave' as an option for RPers that want to play that rank but making it obligatory can sometimes be quite restrictive.

4. A more subtle belief / faith
-----I love the 'balance' idea mentioned before, particularly with it being referenced to your girl's children and their patterns. Perhaps this can start of as an idea and a religion could slowly build up around it as the pack grows and develops.

5. Friends to all
-----No deep-sated hatred of other species (lions, hyenas etc...)
-----Allow visitors (both WDs and other species) to stay temporarily to share information/stories before moving on again)

Having lived the biggest portion of their lives as rogues, my guys are open-minded and friendly. Packs that like to hate on lions / certain characteristics / other species just isn't in them and this is why all of my guys are still in rogue-limbo.

I'm basically thinking something along the lines of a WD version of the Pridelands.

Also, as an additional note: whilst I do love separate clans / tribes within a pack it can make RP difficult because it can segregate a lot of members. If you went with the different clans, it'd be great if they could still be close together or meet very frequently and able to travel back and forth with ease so that seeing a friend or relative is possible.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:00 pm
kimaria

I use the term clan as sort of a collection of related dogs, like a large extended family. The pack is the group as a whole, but each of the siblings is the patriarch or matriarch of a 'clan', or family, consisting of their descendants and 'married-in' dogs. I could see it being more of a last-name like thing, though you could say that some families are known for certain things more than other families and what not.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:20 am
OH! I totally love that idea Blue.

Family names and family groups would be fantastic.  

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:10 pm
bumpity bump

so many wonderful ideas, but so few people willing to step up. xD

I wish I had the time for it. >3>