[PRP] Uphill Battles (Ndoto x Nantale) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:28 pm
Bad days...right. Hopefully today was a bad day. Otherwise he really, really would re-think his desire to learn about the drums. If this was the baboon's good day...eesh. Ndoto watched and listened as Nantale tried to coax the hunched figure down from the tree, but all she got was another rock hurled at her. He lifted his hind paw out of the way as the rock bounced off the ground and tumbled down the steep slope that cub-Nantale had fallen down as well.

"Oh..." He looked back up at the tree as Nantale nudged him, a little smile on his face. "Yes! Yes, that...that's right. I'm new here and I've heard wonderful things about how you make the drums." He might have been sugarcoating it a bit, but Poko had opposable thumbs and probably a lot more rocks up in the tree. He was at a serious disadvantage.

Hopefolly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:33 am
SilverLutz

Nantale appreciated the expurgated version of Ndoto's thoughts, but doubted they were presented convincingly enough to persuade the temperamental baboon. Poko had been ornery back when she was a cub and every year became more hostile. She wasn't surprised in the slightest when he vanished into the leaves and the branches.

"I hope he didn't hit you too hard." Nantale put a paw on Ndoto's nose and tilted his head down to have a look. "He's not very pleased with me for being gone so long, I think. He takes awhile to warm up to strangers sometimes. I spent a year up here before he told me his name."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:25 am
Ndoto watched as the baboon disappeared into the leave and sighed softly. It seemed sweet-talking didn't work well with this kind of creature. His disappointment was genuine despite his rather gimmicky ways: he had really hoped to see how the drums were constructed.

A paw on his nose pulled him from his thoughts and he bowed his head at Nantale's unspoken request. "Oh no, it was more of a surprise than anything," he reassured her even though his skull was still throbbing slightly. She had years to build up an immunity to it, after all. And as thick and lovely as his mane was, it didn't offer much protection against speedy missiles launched from above.

"A year, hm? That's rather unfortunate," Ndoto said as he lifted his head, a weak smile on his face. "I suppose I'll have to come up here until I can pass his test and not bat an eye at his attacks before he'll show me."

Hopefolly
Just a heads up, my internet is on the fritz so I might be slow in responding.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:44 pm
SilverLutz

Nantale's paw returned to the ground as she confirmed, "Yes, a year," and looked once more at the tree, just in case. "That's not necessary. There are other baboons that can show you. Poko tends to stay up here, away from the rest of them, but he's far from the only one." If Nantale knew the reasons for this peculiar behavior, she didn't indulge him the juicy details. "I'm not sure how many of the Nchi know he's up here."

The last time Nantale smiled bashfully like this, she was an adolescence returning from her first hunt with a story of failure and a bruise near her eye where she'd been bucked by an antelope. "Sorry, I suppose it was predictable he'd act that way. To be honest with you, I just try to visit him every day. And then there's... you know. The stories."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm
"Oh...I thought he was the 'master drum maker' or something," Ndoto said, raising a paw and wiggling his toes in place of quotation marks. He shook his head slightly, an amused look on his face. "How silly of me." He felt rather privileged to have been brought up here as Nantale went on, since not many in the pride seemed to know about this place. He glanced over his shoulder, taking the time to admire the view. It was turning out to be a beautiful day.

He turned back to see the lioness smiling, and it made him laugh. It was melodic, nearly sung, as his insides warmed at the sight. Finally, a grin! Even if it was rather embarrassed. "Quite all right! I feel right at home if that's how he greets everyone that climbs up here," he said with a wink.

"Stories? What stories are these?" he added as he laughter calmed, a curious look on his face. He loved stories. Stories were songs that were yet to be sung. "Does he tell you the stories? Or are they stories about him? Or something else completely?"

Hopefolly
Internet is all better now!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:12 pm

SilverLutz

After she'd won him over, Poko had been glad to recount anecdote after anecdote about his life and that of his ancestors. Most of the stories were of interest only to those curious about history to begin with, but every now and then, he would draw illustrations in the dirt and narrate a tale sure to capture the attention of any cub. Nantale had only shared it with one other soul until that day.

She nodded in the direction of the lake. "See the lake? It used to be a rumor around these parts that a Goddess was locked away in there. Although, I've heard it said that she's somewhere else. She could even be locked away in the dens, somewhere we can't get to."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 am
Ndoto followed the nod, peering off in the direction of the lake. He nodded to let her know that he could see it, and felt his ears p***k up in interest all on their own. A Goddess? Well, that was a rather gloomy place to be trapped in. That and or the dens, he supposed. He wondered how you might go about getting a Goddess out of some place. Were there secret rituals one needed to preform to unlock some sort of gate?

"That's an interesting story," he said as he glanced back at Nantale. "I wouldn't like to be trapped away somewhere, that's for certain." He moved back to looking out from this new vantage point, taking in the whole area. He could see where the rougelands began and the pride's territory ended in some spots. The land became less forgiving and harsh and lions dotted the areas he now called home.

"This is an amazing view up here," Ndoto murmured as he glanced over his shoulder again at his guide. "Thanks so much for bringing me up here. I never would have thought it was climbable."

Hopefolly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:44 pm
SilverLutz
SO sorry for the wait. RL made me hiatus for a bit. Back now.

Nantale smiled, nodded her head, and came to stand beside him. "If anyone asks, it's not," she said, tacking a wink on the end.

Far be it by her to encourage cubs to start climbing too high, too quickly... Not to mention disturbing what was, in a personal opinion kind of way, sacred ground.

"I'm sorry I can't take you somewhere more... exciting," she added. Nantale looked over this land, her land. "It's not a very exciting place, after all, but no news is good news. I learned that in the rogue lands."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:24 am
Ndoto glanced at Nantale with a mild look of confusion mixed with admiration. "Exciting? This is plenty exciting. We just scaled a huge rock formation only to be greeted by a very angry monkey and, after he had his fill of throwing things at us, we're rewarded with a magnificent view of the pride. I think that's pretty exciting, and I also think you're rather silly for apologizing."

He chuckled softly before looking over the lands as well, his tail flicking from side to side. This was his home now, and he still had a lot to learn about it, but today had been very educational, at least about his new friend. Nantale was very reserved and quiet at first, but now that he had been around her long enough he felt as though she was starting to relax around him. She was smiling, after all. That was always a good sign.

"Thank you," he added, glancing at the dark lioness again. "For showing me all this. I can't tell you how...proud, I guess is a good word. Proud I am that I'm a part of this pride. It's beautiful, safe, we have an incredible leader." He paused to wink at her, the smile still on his face. "I'm glad I can be a part of this."

Hopefolly
That's all right!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:18 pm
SilverLutz

Nantale smiled not at the wink, not at the flattery, but at the contentment Ndoto had for his home and her pride. Their pride. Every rock, every tree, every drum was thanks in part to any and all creatures that had dwell in the lands. Every contribution mattered to the well-being of the pride. Ndoto's kind words were not exempt from that truth. They would be with Nantale same as any others, encouraging her to take a step forward when the temptation to falter was looming overhead.

It was not easy to be a leader. It was harder to be a good one. Yet if the pride was happy, she was happy. That simple.

The malenga bowed her head to him and then turned to admire the view a moment longer.

"We should head back down now."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:08 pm
Ndoto glanced out at the view again, following Nantale's gaze. He sighed softly but nodded in agreement. "Well...now I know that if you risk a hairy climb, you can see the best view in the whole of Africa," he said softly. "Thank you again for showing this to me."

He turned to face his malenga, bobbing his head in return before motioning for her to lead. She had led the way up and she should lead the way down...just to make sure he didn't misstep and tumble down the sheer face of the cliff.

Hopefolly
Last one from me! Want to take discussion to PM to figure out what we wanna do with them?

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff