The Birth of SOLDIER (BC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:38 pm
Freyr sat for a few moments, shifting his weight casually. Then as he noted Sephiroth was making no move towards him his smile slowly twisted with mischief once again. His stance eased until he stood as though bored, and with his free hand he reached into his jacket pocket and removed a small wrapped candy. With his fingers he deftly removed the wrapper and popped the red-colored sweet into his mouth. As he sucked on it the wrapper disapeared once again into his pocket. His tail swished, His paws shifted, and apparently losing interest in the unmoving boy he sat his hind-quarters down. Playing with the end of his wooden spear, Idly picking at the wood and peeling off splinters with his thumb.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:37 pm
Sephiroth watched Freyr patiently for a while, but soon became bored and annoyed. He knew what the chimera was trying to do, by making it so that he had to strike first. Well fine then, the silver haired teen did not want to be there all day, and the sooner he fought and won, the sooner he'd get to leave and be by himself...hopefully. So, his eyes trained to notice the slightest of Freyr's movements, and remembering part of the earlier mentioned rules, he moved forward and swept his sword, not at Freyr, but angled almost parallel to the ground. In doing so, it dragged against the ground forcefully, sending dirt and small rocks directly at the crouching chimera. Using what he hoped to be a small distraction, Sephiroth dashed to the side and aimed what was supposed to be a crushing blow at the area of fur where Freyr's feline leg connected to his body, what he suspected to be a weak point. While doing so, he kept his eyes trained on the chimera's weapon and stance, ready to change his form of attack at any moment.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:27 am
Freyr seemed to pay little to no attention to Sephiroth's motions, he held up one arm to block the spray of dirt from hitting his face, and then his attention seemed diverted by a particularly stubborn sliver of wood snagged at an odd-angle on the hilt of his practice weapon. As Sephiroth stretched to strike Freyr moved in the same direction rocking back until he sat almost perfectly upright on his hind most legs. His paws lifted casually off the ground and lay relaxed against his now-exposed belly. This left Sephiroth off-balance as he failed to connect with anything but the centrifical force carried his intended blow farther. Freyr smiled, but in this new pose continued to fiddle with his wooden stick.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:46 am
Sephiroth was surprised by this move, but even moreso by the fact that Freyr did not respond with an attack of his own. The chimera was fast. He adjusted his stance, stepping forward with one foot and pivoting to the side. Not having stopped his swing, he let the momentum continue and aimed it at the ankle part of the horse-body. If he could hit Freyr there, he'd either topple from being unable to stand on one leg, or be forced to bring his fore legs back down. Preparing ahead for if that happened, he stepped back with one foot, still in mid swing, ready to pull away if something should go awry.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:49 am
Freyr barely seemed to register Sephiroth's next attack. He still sat on his equine quarters, his shoulders and forlegs at ease, and his human torsoe idly fiddling with the end of his long staff. As the youth's wooden blade sliced through the air, a slight quiver was all the warning before one of the forpaws blurred faster than the eye could see swiping the blade against the flow of Sephiroth's attack. The youth found himself abruptly off-balance, half of him twisting one way while the rest of him was thrown powerfully in another, The Chimera looked up just as Sephiroth could no longer maintain his position and smiled, "You've never owned a cat." He stated bluntly, smiling in that infuriatingly cheerful way he had. His forquarters slowly dropped back to the ground and his hindquarters lifted, shuffling a little for balance before he took a few easy steps backward. "Got anything else?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:58 pm
"I find no use for pets." Sephiroth replied shortly, moving back quickly to keep himself on his feet and readjust his balance. He knew that the chimera was trying to provoke him, and he swept a stray silver hair over his shoulder, a color usually unseen in people as young as himself. Maybe now was a time to put his full speed in action. Without any warning, he dashed forward, aiming a slash at Freyr's lower torso, but at the last moment, switching the direction of the swing to bring it full at the area where neck connected to shoulder. Thankfully, the sword was long, so that it didn't require him to get to close to his enemies, which at this point, Freyr was.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:53 pm
Freyr still made no attempt to use his chosen weapon but sat idly and calmly as Sephiroth moved and at seemingly the last minute he leaned backwards. the length of his legs combined with the cat-like flexibility of his spine moved his entire human torsoe back almost four feet in one easy stretching motion. He watched the wood peice cut the empty air where his neck had been moments before. He still simply smiled, and then as Sephiroth moved past Freyr straightened, simply leaning forward, placing himself exactly where he had been before. Sephiroth's 'long sword' was not actually offering him much of an advantage against Freyr. In order to keep his reach advantage over the full-grown human portion of the Chimera, he had to extend his reach. However no matter what sort of lengths he seemed to go to, Freyr's long agile forpaws and powerful hindquarters seemed to give him a range of movement the youth had difficulty keeping up with.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:31 pm
Sephiroth wondered whether this would be all that their fight would consist of. Him attacking and Freyr evading.... But he'd rather be doing something than just standing there, even if it was for naught. So he ran up to Freyr's side, this time aiming a stab near his stomach area, ready to flick it up in a sweeping slash should Freyr try one of his tricks and move up again.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:42 pm
This time Freyr's human torsoe barely moved, instead his paw seemed to leap at the blade of it's own accord. Just like a cat will pin a bug Freyr's paw batted Sephiroth's sword sharply to the ground, so quickly that it was yanked from his hands and clattered against the ground under Freyr's foot. "You really need a cat..." Freyr grinned, "But I guess I'll just have to be your cat for now... Cats are facinating creatures." He continued amiably, even as his paws idly batted the sword from side to side before tossing it back to Sephiroth. "They have great aim,... and balance." he continued to smile, and it might occur to someone that Freyr had barely moved during the entirity of the fight, whereas Sephiroth had been running and dodging and twisting all around the ring. despite the youth's energy it was a very warm day...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:13 pm
Sephiroth's green eyes narrowed to a glare as he caught his sword, trying to brush off the Chimera's words. He fought to control his breathing and somewhat anger at himself. It shouldn't have been this hard! He hadn't even hit him yet, and already he could feel himself wearing out. At least he knew that the moment he had a chance, he would do as much personal training as possible to make himself better. The greatest, even. He wanted to close his eyes for a minute and hold himself together, but just because Freyr hadn't attacked him yet, didn't mean he wouldn't at anytime. And... if he was going to lose this battle, which he still hadn't given up hope on, he'd want to do it sooner rather than drag it on. So he set himself up for another attack, this time focusing on avoiding the feline part, which had been the most dangerous so far. He rushed at Freyr's hind part aiming a downward strike at a large muscle. Unfortunately, being young he still didn't have a lot of weight to him.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:21 pm
Sephiroth barely had time to register movement before he found himself staring at the sky. A moment later the ground met his back and the air was forcibly expelled from his lungs. Before he could recover his breath Freyr appeared above him. One paw resting casually on Sephiroth's practice sword. "Be glad I wasn't a real horse... or I'd have sent you into Cardiac Arrest, instead of merely throwing you out of the ring." Freyr smiled at him again, and offered him a hand up. "You can catch your breath for a few moments, let me know when you're ready again." Sephiroth would no doubt be feeling the affects of having a hoof squarely planted in his chest, Albeit not at full force.

Before either of them could finish practicing however the Captain walked around to check on them and then glared furiously at Freyr. "I thought I told you that you both had to be capable of attending Drills tomorow!" He snarled, Freyr looked up in startlment, "No no! He's fine! maybe a bruise or so." He explained quickly, the Captain ignored him for a moment turning instead to Sephiroth, "Hey kid, did this fool, by chance, pull a stunt where his paws were off the ground while he sat? One look at Sephiroth's face told him all he needed to know, in the next moment he strode up to Freyr's hindquarters and planted a hard punch into the thick muscle of his equine thigh. The Chimera leapt sideways with a yelp, limping and hopping with the offending leg, yet also seeming to favor his other hoof as well. "MORON!" the Captain shouted, "You've strained your muscles AGAIN haven't you??" Freyr grinned sheepishly still fidgeting, "Not too badly... I'm getting better at it!" The Captain turned to Sephiroth, "Next time he pulls that stunt hit his back legs... oh and don't approach from behind or put yourself behind him. One good whap after he's done that and he'll be down for the count." The Captain nodded at him, Glared at Freyr and then began walking away, "Continue if you wish,... but Freyr... He's your responsibility! I want you to hone his skills so their sharper than any sword got it?" And then he disapeared around the bend. Freyr rubbed the back of his head with one hand. "Heh... oh well.. that game is spoiled, Hey Seph, How about I take you down to fencing practice?" He asked with a grin.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:53 pm
Sephiroth watched them talk, slightly dazed from, well, not being where he should have been, and with a somewhat crushing pain in his chest. He took a deep breath as soon as he could, and got to his feet, brushing dirt off of him. "I tried...." Sephiroth muttered to the Captain as he was explaining how to cripple Freyr. He shook his head, trying to clear it, and the next moment he noticed around him, the chimera was speaking. He nodded. "Right. Let's go." He said shortly, trying to ignore his humiliation and the dull pain in his chest.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:07 pm
Freyr smiled at him encouragingly, "Don't feel bad, everyone loses to me the first... ah... few times." The Chimera limped next to the youth, leading him in the direction the fencing practice area apparently rested in. "Y'know... if you hadn't tried to attack me directly from behind... you probably woulda got me... I can't move much after my uh... special trick." He continued to smile, and as they passed some of the other SOLDIERs the men grinned,
"Pulled your sitting stunt again Freyr?"
"I remember that one... you're mean! He's just a kid!"
"Ya could've at least just whooped him with your stick..."
The calls continued in a mostly good-hearted nature, but those men close enough slapped Freyr soundly on his rump as he passed, grinning as the Chimera flinched. By the time they had passed through the ranks the Chimera's limp was very pronounced and he was favoring every step and even falling slightly behind Sephiroth. Yet despite all that he still smiled, and seemed to be enjoying the attention. "I've still got more practicing to do with Seph here! I'll see you guys around!" He called over his shoulder, much to the enjoyment of the regiments. In little time at all they reached another cleared area. This one was set with cement and marked with long straight parralel lines. there was a small chest in one corner of the arena, Freyr approached this and opened it, withdrawing a set of clothing. One fencing jacket, a pair of gloves, a 'bib' and a helmet... all of these were handed to Sephiroth. "We'll work with swords later," He explained collecting the youth's practice sword. "What do you know about fencing?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:48 am
Sephiroth ignored much around him, withdrawing into his own silent, serious mind as they walked. Thankfully his breathing was getting easier, and at least his muscles weren't worn out. Finally, when they reached the fencing area, he admitted to Freyr, "Not much." as he took the things handed to him. He much preferred a real long sword, but he could always teach himself and practice with that in his spare moments.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:28 pm
Freyr nodded, as if he had expected as much. "You seem to have a good grasp of Kendo forms though," The Chimera commented casually as he suited himself up with a jacket and equipment specially augmented for his unusual build. "That is good, since the basics are the same as Fencing... Form is kinda hard for me to teach..." He admitted with a grin. "Now here's how it works... Your feet should be at right angles to one another,... you're left handed right? so put your left foot forward." The lessons continued for some time. Freyr would direct Sephiroth verbally, and correct his stances using the pole end of the wooden Naginata he had retained. He also made Sephiroth do laps, and lunges, and side-skipping, and other muscle training excersizes. By the time they were finished, the youth was tired and hot. The jacket seemed to retain heat... and the helmet made seeing and hearing properly a challenge. He hadn't even touched a sword yet but had spent the day doing practice lunges and quick forward and backward half-skips. Everything had to be done on a straight line except for the basic muscle conditioning excersizes. Freyr seemed pleased with his progress... but then... Freyr seemed pleased about everything that happened. "Good job Seph! We'll make a fencer out of you in no time!" He smiled encouragingly, "Now c'mon! you bunk in my cabin for now." The cabin wasn't really a cabin,... it outwardly looked like a common military bunker,... but inside nearly half the room had been filled with a large cushioned mat. Surrounded by foot high walls. on the other side of the room was a single cot, fairly comfortably furnished and two chests. One of which already bore Freyr's name. "They like to assign me to work one on one with certain new recruits..." He explained as he pulled down a cloth and scrub and began to clean his paws and hooves. "If you figure out why... please tell me." He added as an afterthought.  
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff