Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Seventh Year Classes
Art V~ Open- Sketching Review Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:51 am
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User Image
User Image

[Student List]
Gypsy Lovette

Tanna walked back into her classroom which was this time absent of the comfortable plush pillows and now had different sculpting tools set int he middle. She waited until everyone was situated inside before she grinned and started. "Welcome to another day! Last time we reviewed painting and painting enchantments so this week we'll be going over sculpting. Just think, this time a few months from now you'll all be sitting away at your NEWT tests and then soon you'll be fully fledged adults! Anyway, for today's review you can use any of the mediums previously discussed in class, glass, wood, ice, food, metal, etc., and make a sculpture of something or someone you will miss at Hogwarts. You could sculpt the the Great Hall, or your bedroom in your dorm, the Quidditch pitch, anything at all. A quick reminder: to enchant your sculptures use the spell 'Motus liberi,' and to stop the enchantment say. 'Statur motus.' You may start and when you're finished you may leave but if you get stuck please see me. Have fun guys!" she laughed and went over to her desk where she had paperwork beginning to pile up and have babies.
Quote:

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

[Wearing Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited and slightly bloated] [Thinking: The beginning of the year is always my favorite] [OOC:Those who's character is on the class list are quoted]

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

User Image
User Image

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Two

Class List:
Alexandria Quimby-Scott

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years and this year was more bittersweet than the others. These seventh years have been with her since the very beginning and she was always sad to see them go. But she was going to suck it up and not allow her feelings to get into the way of her teaching...for now. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. Nearly all of you I've had since I started teaching here, which to you seems like a million years ago, and I want you to know h-how special you all are to me and know how much I'm going to miss you all once you've graduated." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to dab her eyes with a handkerchief before she started back again with a ready grin.
"Since you're seventh years and on the fast track to your NEWT's at the end of this school term I thought you would appreciate having a few hours each week to perfect your skills for the test. So for today I'd like you to review your sketching. Lines, shading, structure, everything! And for added instruction, I'd like for you to go out and draw something personal to you. It could be a place, an object, a person, anything! So have fun and lets get sketching!" Tanna clapped happily and laughed.

kiska166

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year, new hopes] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:21 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Kenneth Lowery
Alice Lancaster
Lexine Vance

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years and this year was just as bittersweet as the others. Having seen this students grow from their third year into the wonderful young adults they are now brought both a smile to her face as well as tears. But she was going to suck it up and not allow her feelings to get into the way of her teaching...for now. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. Nearly all of you I've had since I started teaching here, which to you seems like a million years ago, and I want you to know h-how special you all are to me and know how much I'm going to miss you all once you've graduated." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to dab her eyes with a handkerchief before she started back again with a ready grin.
"Since you're seventh years and on the fast track to your NEWT's at the end of this school term I thought you would appreciate having a few hours each week to perfect your skills for the test. So for today I'd like you to review your sketching. Lines, shading, structure, everything! And for added instruction, I'd like for you to go out and draw something personal to you. It could be a place, an object, a person, anything! So have fun and lets get sketching!" Tanna clapped happily and laughed.

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset

stitchkin babe

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New Year!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:42 pm
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 art room x 【 MOOD 】 anxious x 【 COMPANY 】 seventh years x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

Lexine walked into the art room excited -- art was always one of her very favourite subjects. Then again, she was also a little upset, as she really liked Professor Hawthorne and this was going to be her final year of taking art with the woman...it was definitely going to be upsetting leaving the classroom for the last time at the end of the year... Lexine had developed her style so much over the years thanks to this woman...but at least she'd have another Vance girl the next year, even if Sybil tended to be a bit of a brat to deal with sometimes...then again, Sybil was her sister, no wonder she felt that way about the girl at times. Lexine took a seat and listened as the professor started the lesson and, regrettably, almost teared up at seeing the professor do so. However, she kept her composure, it wasn't their last class yet, and listened on as she went on tot tell them their assignment. Lexine had to sit there a moment, thinking about what she'd sketch...she thought maybe she'd sketch Iñigo...but maybe later, he was probably busy with something else, so...what else? After a moment of thought, Lexine unhooked her necklace and removed her ring, positioning them a certain way, before beginning to sketch them out, they were probably two of them most meaningful and important things she owned, two things that were extremely personal to her -- one a family heirloom, the other a present that she'd no doubt keep forever...

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:59 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Art - Thursday @ 8:00am

Alice walked into her art class with mixed emotions. She liked art and would continue to do it even after graduating. However, she'd miss her professor. Not that she would need her after this but it was still sad. Pushing the thought aside as she took a seat next to Lexine, Alice waited for class to start. Listening to the instructions Professor Hawthorne gave them, Alice thought about something that meant something too her. That's when something came to her... a necklace. She didn't know where it came from but she'd seen it and something told her it was special to her. Shaking the thought aside she worked on sketching it from her memory. She didn't know it yet but that necklace would eventually be around her neck.

With: Class... Professor Hawthorne, Lexine

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Positive and optimistic,
Kind as well,
You should do well here...
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:01 am

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Kenneth Lowery
Alice Lancaster
Lexine Vance

Tanna walked back into the art classroom and plopped onto one of the cushioned poufs on the floor while she waited for her class. When everyone was situated and comfortable she began.
"Hello hello! I hope you all had fun last week with your sketch review because you'll be doing it again this week only with painting. For today's work and this week's homework I want you to create a portrait of someone close to you and then enchant it. If you cannot recall the spell used to enchant paintings, its 'Mobitabella' and all the wand movement needed is soft swish and point. I look forward to seeing your hard work!" Tanna grinned and shooed them over to the painting supplies.

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset

stitchkin babe

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:00 pm
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 art room x 【 MOOD 】 serene x 【 COMPANY 】 seventh years x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

Lexine took a quick seat in the art room before the professor started the lesson and, as soon as she had, Lexine had to smile. She pulled out her sketchbook as a reference and, as soon as the professor allowed them, Lexine went to work setting up her painting. She'd done the sketch of Iñigo a week ago in light of their previous lesson, she was more than pleased to turn it into a painting.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:36 pm
User Image

Alice came in right behind Lexine and took a seat beside her. She had her finished sketch of Jasper which she worked on in the common room that night. When they were told to do a painting of someone close to them that meant something, she couldn't help but have the same idea as Lexine. Getting to work on it Alice was nothing but smiles. Jasper would absolutely love it. If only she could paint herself then they'd have two movable paints when it was all said and done.

With: Class... Professor Hawthorne, Lexine

Positive and optimistic,
Kind as well,
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:16 am

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Kenneth Lowery
Alice Lancaster
Lexine Vance

Tanna walked back into her classroom which was this time absent of the comfortable plush pillows and now had different sculpting tools set int he middle. She waited until everyone was situated inside before she grinned and started. "Welcome to another day! Last time we reviewed painting and painting enchantments so this week we'll be going over sculpting. By this time next week all you'll have to do is review for your NEWT's and then you'll be on your way to being fully fledged adult wizards. Isn't that exciting?! Anyway, for today's review you can use any of the mediums previously discussed in class, glass, wood, ice, food, metal, etc., and make a sculpture of something or someone you will miss at Hogwarts. You could sculpt the the Great Hall, or your bedroom in your dorm, the Quidditch pitch, anything at all. You may start and when you're finished you may leave but if you get stuck please see me. Have fun guys!" she laughed and went over to her desk where she had paperwork beginning to pile up and have babies.

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset

stitchkin babe

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:43 am
User Image

Alice was happy to be getting back into sculpting. Problem was she didn’t know what to sculpt. ‘Something I’ll miss…’ she thought. There were a lot of things she’d miss; Hufflepuff, the common room, the feasts, her teachers, her friends, everything… Sighing she wasn’t sure what to do for it. Maybe if she started out small she’d figure something out.

Taking some clay, Alice thought about it maybe a play on something she’d miss. With a small piece of clay she made a tiny flower before working on the body of a badger. Then she made a detailed looking head. Once she had the badger’s looks down she took the flower and detached half the stem. Putting each part on the flower either side of the badger’s mouth she made it look as if the animal was holding it. With a smile she was ready for it to be heated and then she could paint the tiny details. That of course would be for a later date. For now at least, she had a reminder of both her house and her favourite place in the school - the garden.

With: Class... Professor Hawthorne

Positive and optimistic,
Kind as well,
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:16 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Celaena Snow
Eugene Windsor

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years and this year was just as bittersweet as the others. Having seen this students grow from their third year into the wonderful young adults they are now brought both a smile to her face as well as tears. But she was going to suck it up and not allow her feelings to get into the way of her teaching...for now. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. Nearly all of you I've had since I started teaching here, which to you seems like a million years ago, and I want you to know h-how special you all are to me and know how much I'm going to miss you all once you've graduated." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to dab her eyes with a handkerchief before she started back again with a ready grin.

shabatha

Jade Galaksylph

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New Year!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:47 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Johanna Tempest
Mira Mitchell
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
Emily Vanadeth
Nina Vienna
Kaitlyn Estan

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years and this year was more bittersweet than the others. These seventh years have been with her since the very beginning and she was always sad to see them go. But she was going to suck it up and not allow her feelings to get into the way of her teaching...for now. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. Nearly all of you I've had since I started teaching here, which to you seems like a million years ago, and I want you to know h-how special you all are to me and know how much I'm going to miss you all once you've graduated." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to dab her eyes with a handkerchief before she started back again with a ready grin.

Cara MiaKitty

shabatha

murruelecreuset

mc2

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Starting fresh!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:53 pm
User ImagexSeymour Benjamin Ryansxxxxx
xxxx<7th Year>
My watch broke last week <2032-2033>
And I don't need directions to know I'm < in Art class >
And an FYI, looking this Awesome is an art!
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                            Professor Hawthorne, or Tanna, and her art classes was one of the things he would miss the most about Hogwarts. He was eager to graduate, especially since Morven had already graduated and he was terrified she'd find someone better than him at her fancy job with the ministry, but since he was stuck at Hogwarts for another year he was determined to make it count. He was happy to see no desks in the room and took a seat on one of the poufs, crossing his legs and leaning forward to take all that she said in. He felt bad when Tanna's voice cracked and she dabbed her eyes, it almost made him want to cry. He was sure to keep in touch, especially since he had a grand plan to open a shop in Diagon Alley. He had even plotted out how to finance it, there was some perks on being related to some purist b***h who was loaded, even if she hated him. He'd pester her until she broke down and gave him a loan or filed a restraining order, either one. A few days in Azkaban was worth it if his plan worked out.

When Tanna told the class her plan was to give them freedom to work on their own, Benjamin couldn't be happier. There was a reason Tanna was his favorite professor. Given instructions to do a sketch of something important Benjamin pondered the assignment for a moment before working on a nude of Morven. Tanna wanted what was important to him, right? And Morven was one of the most important things to him, he adored her and would do anything for her, so it only made sense. As for the nude, unfortunately he'd have to do it from his own imagination as he hadn't got that far with her yet but it wasn't as if anyone had to know that. And n***s of beautiful muses were a classic in design.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                            Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:27 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Art - Thursday @ 8:00am

Mira walked into art with a heavy heart. It was her last year in this class… the class she got to spend with Benjamin most days, without judgement and without consequence. She saw the poufs and took a seat at one of them, mainly the one next to Benjamin. Listening to Professor Hawthorne, she had to admit she’d miss her. She was a great professor and one of the favourites. Maybe she’d keep in touch but she wouldn’t hold herself to it.

Getting the task of the day they would be reviewing sketching. They could sketch anything but she wanted meaningful. What was meaningful to her…? Mira thought about it, her first thought was Timothy but that was obvious. Perhaps, she could go with symbolism. Looking down at the necklace around her neck she had got an idea. Starting her sketch she started with outlining the crown that was around her neck. Then she formed the center part in more of a flower shape, similar to the hair pins Timothy gave her. After that she outlined a butterfly landing on that particular flower. They were all symbols of what she and Timothy had.

User Image

With: Class... Benjamin

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:22 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Johanna Tempest
Mira Mitchell
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
Emily Vanadeth
Nina Vienna
Kaitlyn Estan

Tanna walked back into the art classroom and plopped onto one of the cushioned poufs on the floor while she waited for her class. When everyone was situated and comfortable she began.
"Hello hello! I hope you all had fun last week with your sketch review because you'll be doing it again this week only with painting. For today's work and this week's homework I want you to create a portrait of someone close to you and then enchant it. If you cannot recall the spell used to enchant paintings, its 'Mobitabella' and all the wand movement needed is soft swish and point. I look forward to seeing your hard work!" Tanna grinned and shooed them over to the painting supplies.

Cara MiaKitty

shabatha

murruelecreuset

mc2

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Starting fresh!] [OOC:]

Seventh Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff