Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Brush With Fate (Boyko/Yuda x Mamake/Beltaine) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:22 am
User Image

Boyko chuckled and shook his head, "I am sure there would be no offense..Simply an old warriors pride is all." He smiled at her charmingly as his tail twitched behind him.

"We have to always prove that we havent lost our masculent touch." He said with a shake of head, he knew it was a foolish thing, but a foolish thing he, himself was guilty of from time to time.

At her next question, the buck was about to open his mouth when a familiar scent caught his attention, ears flicking back.

"Yes, I am." Yuda answered her question as he made himself visable to the pair, he had a bit of start to awake and find that his compaion was no where to be seen. Yuda was protective of the buck, and would have had anyones hide who dared try and harm the waterbuck.

His crimson gaze fell over the petite little doe that had held Boyko's attention for so long, he cast a teasing grin in the direction of his friend as he smiled at her and bowed his head in greeting, muzzle lightly touching the earth. "I am Yuda, it is a great pleasure to meet you miss." He may be a warrior cast out, but he still had plenty of manners. He had to have them while going about to other prides with his fallen king, the memory still panged him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:38 pm
Sometimes worn, old warriors are the most touchy. Mamake countered teasingly, enjoying Boyko's warm, easy nature as she felt herself listing nearer to him. She suspected he had many admirers if that hypnotic smile told her anything, gently tilting her head to gaze at the Buck sideways, as if judging him. It seems plain to me though, that you are neither so worn nor so old as that and you most certainly haven't lost your masculine edge!

Her laughter was lost beneath a sound of surprise when the unfamiliar lion appeared. Instinct made her dance backwards in several swift steps to put a safe amount of distance between them and also, unfortunately by coincidence, Boyko. The doe had nearly entirely forgotten her question, which made the dusky stranger's words a bit of a conundrum to her at first.

But only for a moment before she visibly eased her tense, alert stance. Ears which had naturally folded forward, quivering and focused in the lion's direction now softened and returned to their slow, sweeping motions. His gracious bow did nothing short of warming her to her core. It was so rare to be treated with such respect. She had been shown tolerance, even acceptance by other lions since adopting Beltaine, but so rarely did these powerful felines go the extra mile to express a sense of equality.

Admittedly humbled by his display she returned it with a delicate bow of her own, lowering her head with a gentle bend of the knee. It was the least she could do, smiling gingerly at the large rogue as her gaze gave him a quick measure. He seemed a rather large male and more muscular than the commonly lanky builds she had seen around the Tuait'Tekem. His dusky coat was littered with as many battle scars as Boyko's and like the waterbuck he carried an air of worldliness that suggested he knew how to navigate the world. She liked him immediately. Yuda! The pleasure is mine, really. I'm sorry to have kept Boyko from you for so long. You must have been worried to come all this way searching for him. I admit.. I was enjoying his company. I was just telling him how it's been a long time since any buck noticed me, let alone such a striking one.

Allowing her stare to lilt from Yuda to Boyko and back again her smile warmed fondly. They looked like brothers in some hard to describe way, though she supposed fighting side by side could do that to males. Did you grow up together?

[Cue Beltaine in 3, 2, 1.... ]

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:23 pm
Yuda chuckled and shook his head with a friendly grin. "Ah by all means, it is I who am sorry to have interrupted such an encounter. I have kept this buck to myself for far to many years.." He nudged the buck's shoulder with his leg with a teasing grin.

"Specially since he seems to be able to hold the attention of such a lovely doe.." He caught the slightly narrowed eyed look of the buck and merely grinned in return.

"Yuda.." Boyko warned with a careful nudge of his horns as he shook his head, "Still being a devil after all these years." He snorted with a shake of his head, though his eyes danced with merriment. "You could say that Mamake, though it wasn't an easy path for us. We've been on the warriors path since we were weaned and pushed from our mothers." He nodded, his eyes sobering a touch.

"Boyko.." Yuda said in warning tones. "Somethings are better left unspoken.." The wound left by the pride still open and bleeding for Yuda, even after all this time.

Boyko shook his head, "Boy, you've got to let that shame go.." But with a quick look from the lion, the bucks words fell silent. "Pardon us Mamake..We've both forgotten what it is to be in the presence of a lady."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:41 pm
Your tongue is as honey-coated as your friend's I see. Make mused at Yuda wryly in response to his nonchalant compliment. To have received so many in such a short time made them all the harder to believe! Of course, hearing them was nice all the same even if she was too wise now to be blinded by the allure of any male's charm.

Watching the back and forth between the two it was easy to see the bond that had been forged over their years together and equally as easy to read the hardship that went unsaid through their conversation. Her heart went out to them, though she too had known her share of troubles, she wasn't so blind as to not see that her life had been equal parts blessed as cursed. Even though the loss of their desert home had been difficult Mamake still had her daughter and they both had their health. That was nothing to sniff at.

Of course, thinking of her beloved daughter made her realize that the sun was now well into the morning sky, warming the beige fur along her back pleasantly. Bel was certainly awake and wondering where she was by now. The distraction was evident in her far-away gaze and distant voice, Hmm? Oh no! Please... I admit I'm being rude. I've only just realized how deep into the morning it is and I've left my daughter alone, but there wasn't much cover to sleep in the night before and I fear she's--

User Image

Maaaaaaaaaaaam, run! Almost without warning, alright actually with the noisy whisper of rustling grass and a less than threatening battle squeal, a tiny lioness appeared in the space between the doe and the two males. With streaked, white bangs a disheveled mess before piercing blue eyes Beltaine stared up at Yuda with her chest puffed out and tail snapping back and forth. She might have actually pulled off the desperate look of false bravado if not for the fact that she trembled visibly. Terror wouldn't stop her from trying to protect her mother no matter how horribly outmatched she was.

Beltaine. Mamake attempted to interrupt before her daughter could make a fool of herself.

Hurry Mam! Go! I'll hold him off! Pleading to the Waterbuck behind her without taking her sights off the titan her tiny, pink nose wrinkled with disgust at her assumed opponent. A tiny paw lifting up to press into his chest as if she could hold Yuda at bay by willpower alone, That's more than close enough!

Beltaine. A firm edge crept into Mamake's tone this time, showing motherly annoyance that her child had not acknowledged her the first time she'd called out.

Mam! Why aren't you running!? Distress filled the little lioness' voice as she dared a glance backward or half a glance anyway, not trusting the male in front of her to take her eyes away for longer than a split second. Quickly wheeling her affronted stare back to the accused party, And don't even think about chasing after her! If you want her you'll have to go through me first!

Beltaine! Mamake finally hissed, mortified by Bel's unsightly display. He was not trying to eat me!

I.. I apologize for my daughter, Yuda. It's my fault she has grown to possess such a distrust of her own kind. I tried my best to expose her to a normal environment, but my own instinctive reactions have had an influence on her, unfortunately. Abashed by her failures to the talented lioness which weighed heavily upon her as a parent, Mamake averted rose pink hues to her pale hooves.

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:22 pm
Boyko tried not to chuckle as he watched this petite lioness, try and hold Yuda back from her mother. It was actually a really endearing moment and showed just how much the lioness viewed the doe as her mother and family.

Boyko only knew to well how well that path felt, his gaze flickered over to Yuda and he knew time and time again that the brute would only be much worse if he thought someone was trying to hunt him. Sometimes Yuda only saw, but didnt think..he'd chased off plenty of others with such actions.

But Boyko could not find fault, if the roles were switched, he would have done the same. "She is lovely Mamake, you have raised her well." He said with a slight nod of his head, he understood her meaning.

Yuda simply stared, and then glanced down at his chest. Her paw was feather light, so small and delicate..He then looked back at the lioness, a faint amused smile on his features. "Your mother is safe, I am no threat I promise you miss." He answered, finally finding his tongue.

"I actually do not eat waterbuck." He said with a glance towards the buck beside him. "Find them a little tough and chewy.." He said with a teasing grin at Boyko. But once the words were out of his mouth, he winced..making a joke at this time was most likely not the best idea. He shook his head, he should have known better than that..much better! "I apologize..that jest was in poor taste." He bowed his head shamefully to the lioness, his jaws almost coming into contact with her paw, which he had made no move to remove, or to step back.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:37 am
Yuda? Repeating the name as a blatantly perplexed expression crossed her muzzle Beltaine craned her neck back to stare up at the stranger. Her mother knew this lion? Startled by the added voice which jarred her from the dusky male, a softened gaze regarded the Waterbuck far more gently than she had his companion. His added presence only confused her already unraveling brain. Just what was happening here!? I don't... understand.

Mamake had succeeded in deflating whatever bravery Bel had mustered, though the lioness knew a small sense of relief not have to continue pretending to be something she wasn't. She'd never been a fighter. She wasn't even much of a hunter, it was only thanks to the education every Dawnwalker cub received that she'd been able to track her mother's scent. Apparently those lessons had been good for something. If the pride had still existed, she would have owed the scholars an apology.

But it didn't.

Despite her exasperation Mamake felt her voice soften immediately to the uncertainty that flooded her daughter's timid tone. Flushing with gratitude at Boyko's compliment. Yes, sometimes she was a handful, but she was a sweet, loving girl. It's okay Beltaine, I met Boyko while I was grazing this morning and then Yuda found us both while searching for his friend. Why don't you try greeting them like your sweet self instead of a charging hippo this time?

With her familiar humor softening the lingering tension while offering levity to ease the lioness' embarrassment, the doe gingerly shifted her weight in the tall grass. Almost unconsciously gravitating toward Boyko until her side nearly brushed his own. Rather belatedly, she realized that Beltaine had found her without help from anything but her own ingenuity and felt her chest swell with motherly pride. Her daughter was far more capable than she thought herself to be, if only she had the confidence to recognize it. Speaking to the buck fondly, She is a wonder, my daughter.

Sitting back on her haunches Beltaine obediently did as her mother bade, though she couldn't bare to look at Yuda. His joke made her uneasy and she couldn't yet find it in herself to trust him so readily, even if her mother had said he was worthy of it. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. Was it really worth risking her safety? I'm sorry for barging in... I woke up without my mother and was worried. I've been searching for her all morning.

Finding her gaze fell more easily upon the handsome buck, the way Mamake stood beside him made her feel all the more guilty. She had probably ruined a nice moment for them all. Head ducking sheepishly with a kindness she hadn't quite extended to Yuda. ...Boyko, it's very nice to meet you. I'm glad to find Mam with you, she looks like she's in good care.

As a cub Bel would have hidden behind her mother's hocks from the pair. While not much bigger than she'd been back then, the cream pelted lioness realized that she couldn't keep impeding on the doe's life. Fawns didn't stay with their mothers forever and neither did cubs, she had no excuse other than the thought of being without Mamake made her feel so empty inside that it frightened her.

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:44 pm
"Yes I am Yuda.." The lion replied, but since he was seemingly being dismissed for much of the conversation that followed, he sat down and simply watched the trio interact with each other. An amused smile playing on his generally somber features as he simply sat there, with a brow slightly arched curiously.

He wasn't exactly sure what all was going on, but Boyko seemed to have a hoof on what was going on more than he did. So he simply sat back and tried to figure out the real on goings before him.

Boyko smiled at the doe, " She takes a great deal after her mother." He said with a flick of his tail as he then turned his attention on the lioness herself. "It is a great pleasure to meet you miss, your mother has spoken kindly of you. " He dipped his head in greeting. "And she is indeed very safe here with us." He shifted a glance towards the lion beside him.

"Yuda would not let anything happen to her, he is a rather protective sort." He said with an easy smile. "He has chased off many in a much more threatening manner than a lady like yourself should dream of.." He shook his head, "Even when the situation did not require such action.."

"But--I--.." Yuda sorta just let his words fall empty, he was indeed guilty of such actions. "That is true..I generally don't ask questions first and simply act on impluse it seems." one of his ears flicked back.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:49 pm
She always does, whether I deserve it or not. Beltaine sighed bleakly as she admitted the truth with small, sagging shoulders to Boyko, glad at least that he didn't seem too put out by her sudden, abrasive appearance. Maybe, by some stroke of luck, he wasn't yet entirely put off by her blundering self though she couldn't imagine any suitor being thrilled at the idea of having their suitee's previous offspring tagging along. The buck was too polite to mention it though, evidently.

When Boyko redirected the conversation to his companion Bel found her gaze hitched with great reluctance, forcing herself to look in the direction of the patient lion who had allowed himself to be forgotten. Her tail curled around her haunches uneasily shrinking in her sitting posture as if in some effort to make herself invisible to him. Living outside her pride was a strange experience, all the faces before had been comfortably familiar, there had been a sense of community that made socializing with her own kind easier, though still tedious for the permanently distracted artisan, but now? The world felt like it wouldn't stay still. There were new things accosting her at every turn and it was all... overwhelming.

I'm.. I'm... relieved? Searching for the right words her wavering gaze studied him apprehensively. I don't mind anything you do as long as you protect them.

Hurriedly averting her eyes back to her mother, she added softly, watching the doe deep in conversation. Mam.. I'm gonna go. I left my things behind I don't want to forget them when we start traveling again. I hope you enjoy your time with Boyko and Yuda.

After offering Yuda a gently understanding smile Mamake's ear had flicked toward Boyko with an abrupt, rather unladylike snort. Oh for goodness sake, I hope you don't mean that! We might really be in trouble then! Don't mistake my meaning, I love my daughter. For what little good it did her I nursed her as if she were a fawn from my own body, but I would never wish her to be like me. I would like her to realize some day that she's a strong, regal lioness and should act it! I think she would live off savannah grass if I let her!

Laughing softly at the idea of it, Make gingerly shook her head, smiling at the buck with a touch of exasperation. What's a mother to do?

She realized almost too late that Beltaine was dismissing herself and felt the smile leave her dainty muzzle. Are you certain, Bel? I could go back with y---

N-no! Mam, really. I can go alone. Please stay, I can tell you're enjoying yourself and it's not often we cross paths with Waterbucks who don't turn up their noses at us. Interrupting hurriedly before her mother could go about insisting and thus cutting her visit with Boyko short Beltaine quickly turned an appreciative glance on Boyko, lowering her head to him politely in farewell. She was eager to be off before Mamake got it into her head that she couldn't go on her own, shifting her weight to regard Yuda again with something between gratitude and anxiousness before beginning the uncertain path back to her carving tools and half finished projects.

Behind her Make's brows knit with worry. Something was obviously bothering Beltaine though she couldn't put her hoof on what and it made her nervous to watch the diminutive shape of her child disappearing into the tall grass. An almost helpless glance passing over Yuda though she wasn't entirely certain what she expected the retired warrior to do about it.

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:11 pm
Boyko only nodded in understanding, "A mother is to love, and accept and you have done much more than that in this very special case." He replied with a nod. "When I was given this fur ball here, I was not as accepting. A young buck, with the charge of a small furry little ball of mewling weakness..He was not what a young warrior wanted to be dealt. But things changed, we changed and I could not be more proud to call Yuda my blood brother." The buck puffed out his chest proudly as he smiled at the lion beside him.

"But sometimes he would rather ignore those of his own kind, and go through rather extravagant means to make sure he did not cross path with any. He has been hurt by those.." He words sharply fell silent at the looked Yuda gave him now, it was clear that it was a subject that Yuda was not ready to share so openly yet.

Taking the does glance after her daughter, Yuda rose to his paws. "Allow me to go after her, make sure she is safe...Boyko is very capable to keep you safe." He said with a kind smile and a bow of his head.

He began to trot after the petite lioness, her strides were easy for his own to eat up, the distance between them grew short rather quickly. "Excuse me miss!" He called out easily to her, "Please allow me to walk you back, for your mothers sake as well as my warriors pride." He said as he came up beside her. "I wouldnt want to give any grief to your mother and I am sure Boyko would have my hide if anything happened to cause her or yourself any grief." He said hoping to make her a bit more easy around him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:18 pm
Wise as well as handsome, you're quite the catch Boyko. Despite the airy teasing of her tone his sage words carried a soothing weight. It made Mamake glad to have met him, both of them, as she listened intently to the small snippets of their past that occasionally came to light. Their past was a mystery to her and naturally she was curious to know more. Yuda's warning glances, though not directed at her, were enough to make her rethinking delving deeper into the subject. She liked the lion too much to be a fly in his open wounds. Not knowing their story, though it would have given greater shape to the depth of their relationships, didn't detract from her admiration of their connection. It wasn't always easy.

Mamake was sympathetic to the dusky male who had obviously been wounded by his own kind in some manner and yet--and maybe it was terrible to feel as much--she knew some tickle of amusement to see how similar he was to her daughter. Thank you Yuda. I would feel better knowing you're with her. I trust that I'll be just fine.

Slanting a coy glance at Boyko she waited until Yuda was out of earshot before making her thoughts known. He's a good catch himself, does he have a mate?

Truthfully, it was more a matter of simple curiosity than any matchmaking intentions. She knew her daughter still carried grief for the Dawnwalker's Vizier, Matifu both for his rejection of her affection and his loss. Loving a male as old as he was had troubled Mamake from the start, but what use was it trying to talk sense to an infatuated youth? Even now Beltaine was still defensive. Not entirely surprising given that, after being flatly ignored, many of her following suitors had become cruel. To many adolescent males rising to adulthood she had become the lioness with the grandfather complex not to be bothered with.

Perhaps it was better that the desert pride had fallen apart. The doe was glad not to have to watch her daughter waste away in the isolation of her gallery where she had spent all of her time unearthing shapes from the sandstone terrain around her.

Feeling the loose fur around her slender shoulders flinch when Yuda's voice reached her ears and his footsteps easily devoured what little land had separated them until he was nearly walking in stride with her Beltaine didn't hide bother to hide her displeasure. Why did he make her so nervous? You don't even know where I'm going, how could you possibly help me get back?

It seemed a legitimate question to the artist, though any true blooded tracker would have likely laughed at her ignorance. Bel wasn't following her scent trail to backtrack, she had never been taught those sorts of things and they had never come naturally to her. Rather, the tiny lioness was aimlessly wandering in hopes she tripped over the gear she had left behind. Not unlike how she had found her mother. It had worked then, it could work again. I don't need help so.. so please, don't follow me!

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 pm
Boyko waited until he knew that Yuda would not be within ear shot, he would not be happy to have any of this spoken out loud, he preferred to have his ghosts and shame haunt him silently.

"He had one at one point, he was rather devoted to her. Blinded by her really.." He said with a disapproving shake of his head. "I had always thought there was something to...slick about her." He said with a snort. "Turn out...she was a traitor. And she did the unthinkable and its left him destroyed in the aftermath." Boyko had no problem speaking about the events that left the one he held most important to him torn and an empty shell.

Hell, if he could growl he would be! The whole thing had left a bitter taste in his mouth. "He'd given his everything to them...and.." He shook his head, he was sure she didnt want to know, their past was not an easy tale.

"It's not hard to see where you've been..and your scent as well as your mothers still lingers on the grass." Yuda replied with ease, though he didnt know that she knew none of this. Boyko could track scent, Yuda had learned from the buck as well as his own animistic instincts.

He paused for a moment, and with a giant paw he motioned towards the grass, small fine sandy hairs clung to a few blades of grass. "See these? You passed through here while most likely trying to find your mother.." He then motioned towards her small paw prints. "And those are yours, see how fine and delicate they are?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:42 am
It was natural to suspect that whatever troubles Yuda carried, they had been a burden lain on him by the pride he had previously known. That seemed a reasonable deduction to Mamake. To learn that that his own mate--or at least love interest--had played a part in the intangible wounds that the lion clearly suffered from was almost unimaginable for the doe. The betrayal of loved ones was a crime worth the worst kind of punishment in her eyes. After all, if you couldn't trust your family who were you supposed to trust?

Empathy filled the rose petal hue of her gaze, lingering on the direction Boyko's companion had lumbered off in. Poor thing. I suppose I could understand why he doesn't speak of it.. nobody wants to remember a painful past. Mamake knew from personal experience. But I can't imagine whatever happened is honestly his fault.

Frowning at the idea of the weight Yuda likely carried on his broad shoulders, knowing it was likely to be more than his own failures that he blamed himself for, a woeful sigh filled the lingering silence. Her voice finally lifting with a dry laugh. We are quite a melancholy bunch of outcasts aren't we?

Tipping her head in the direction of the dapple coated buck, her smile for him was warm. Hopeful even. But.. you know, it would be nice to have some company for a while. My daughter and I get on okay by ourselves, but I wouldn't mind the extra sets of eyes.. and I think having Yuda around would be good for Bel. She's so concerned for my safety out here I fear she'll never be able to see her own kind as anything but a threat.

As ridiculous as it was to think she could out-pace Yuda, Beltaine had immediately picked up her jog until it had become nearly a sprint to escape the stranger her mother seemed to trust so easily. When she was followed without any strenuous exertion of the lion's part, she tried instead to ignore him, but that proved equally impossible.

The warm, husky sound of his voice invaded her mismatched ears, which flicked and twitched as if to avoid listening as he pointed out all the things a skilled tracker would have seen with a keen eye trained to notice such subtle clues. Had he taken her suggestion as a challenge? Was he mocking the fact that she didn't know these things? The talented male was absurdly skilled in the art of rubbing her fur the wrong way.

Unless it involved protecting her mother, Bel had always been content to avoid confrontation. It wasn't that hard when she had also avoided any manner of daily interaction with the rest of the pride, especially after Matifu's passing. Escaping Yuda, however, wasn't so easy as all that, but listening to him brag she felt a strange sense of satisfaction because she knew something he clearly didn't and it gave her great pleasure to turn the tides on the far-too-capable rogue. Without warning her paws dug into the ground, stopping short to wield at him, the most smug of grins. You think if you just follow some tracks and hair you'll be able to figure out where I'm going? Well the joke's on you! You'll be following those tracks for hours! I must have circled this area twenty times before I was able to find my mother!

Shows how much he knew! Of course, she realized only afterward that she had also inadvertently revealed herself to be completely incompetent in the same breath. Burned by her own flame, the irony didn't escape the tiny lioness. The Vizier had always said a sharp-tongue never suited her and Matifu was never wrong--as frustrating as that had been to endure at times. Tightening her jaw half in embarrassment and half in anguish at the thought of the old adviser, the vivid blue stare that had scorched Yuda with fleeting triumph quickly averted again. Tucking her head low and close to her chest as she hurriedly picked up a fresh gait, not really sure where to go. Away from him seemed like a good enough start.

Ovarian Paint
Tag! Sorry for the wait! Lol.. so much facepaw right now. I love it. XD

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:43 pm
Boyko shook his head in agreement, "No, none of it was...and none of them could see how much what had happened pained him, killed him.." He knew how close he had been to losing the lion he called brother, the one whom had faced so many dangers and near deaths with the buck at his side.

That had scared Boyko, the fact that he almost lost him. He had been so thankful when he had talked the brute into leaving, not staying close to the borders but leaving completely.

But the warm smile from the beautiful doe struck away anything ill feelings that ate away at the buck, instead he simply stared in awe. She was truly beautiful inside and out, and it glowed around her, but at her words he couldnt help but grin. "Yes, that is a beautiful idea. Yuda could use some species interaction as well..he needs to heal, and by running he isnt. " Boyko knew it would be rather easy to con the lion into keeping company with the pair, a wicked grin lit up his features. "And no true warrior would be able to leave two ladies without protection..Yuda was once a war chief, an warrior ambassador for the pride..he knows better, he was taught better than that." He nodded.

Yuda tried not to grin, or even chuckle as she lashed out at him with a sharp tongue, he could mask the amusement on his features, but his eyes danced. She was a lovely little petite lioness, and once upon a time he would have been taken back by it, but now, scarred heart merely twitched with an ache. But her passion, her fire, her sharp tongue was refreshing and he found himself, amused and..drawn to it, to her.

His ears twitched back in an attempt to keep everything at bay within him. "I know." He said as he followed after her, keeping up with her was easy for him, he'd tracked, and trekked in much worse conditions, with no sleep for days. He could follow her around with little actual effort, his eyes followed her form easily.

"Can you not track?" He finally asked, he had a feeling but hadn't wanted to question her, but with that little outburst, he was more than sure she couldnt. "I could teach you." He offered, he had learned from Boyko.

Neon Fly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:40 pm
There was something heartfelt in Boyko's stare that made the doe feel suddenly flattered and bashful in the same instant. Always, she averted her gaze just enough to avoid being discovered and yet the delicate arc of her neck and lowered lashes likely created a whole new picturesque image for him to admire anew.

If she admitted it to herself Mamake's reasons for the suggestion weren't entirely unselfish. He was a kindred spirit in no small sense given the lives they had chosen--the family they had chosen--despite the fact that both had likely had easier options presented to them. Of course, basking in the attention of such an appealing buck had proven too enjoyable to give up her present company just yet. Traveling together certainly couldn't anyone in their group and having two formidable males at their side would help her rest a little easier at night. It was the smart decision.

Smart! Attraction had nothing to do with it.

Gently bobbing her head in agreement, and dually attempting to ignore the flutter beneath her breastbone as Boyko's mischievous grin caught her by surprise, the pale female laughed sympathetically, I can't imagine he'll be too happy with you holding his morality over his head that way, but I hope he won't be too angry over it. Should we go let them in on our wonderful idea?

For just the briefest moment, a fragment chipped from a split second, Beltaine thought maybe she'd deterred her stalker. Silence filled the air except for the typical background noise of the terrain. Birds jawing. Insects buzzing. Dried grass rustling around her paws with every swinging step. The usual nature of things. She half expected to turn her head and see Yuda stuck in place with an aghast expression on his face, but Bel didn't dare look back to satisfy her curiosity. Better to get away while the opportunity was there, even lions knew when to flee.

His voice was a strange thing to her. Hard and yet warm. Weathered with age, but still possessing the strength of virility. No matter how much the lioness neither wanted to trust him, nor even like him, the sound of him was more inviting than invasive. It confused her battered heart that she found herself comparing him to the lion she had loved so desperately. As if Matifu was a lion who could be compared to, yet she did!

Matifu's voice had been comforting, like a cool stone slab beneath her sore paws after several days of carving, but also it had been as dry as dust. The potency of the old lion's aura had been in the shadow of his past accomplishments which had carried great weight within the pride. Yuda, however, possessed a rawness to his presence. Though he too was Beltaine's senior--even if it was by many less years than Matifu--the power that emanated off him was more a statement of what he was capable of in the present moment rather than a memory of his past experiences. Evidently, he could also make himself undetectable.

Startled from her thoughts by a question she hadn't expected, from a lion who she thought to be somewhere far behind her, the curlicues upon her pelt danced with the way her lanky body flinched and writhed sideways. How did someone so large move so silently!? Had he been beside her like a shadow this entire time? Watching her mentally deconstruct, and attempt to understand, her own psyche? From the outside looking in it must have been a peculiar, but amusing, sight to witness gentle blue eyes round on him as huge as the moon. Obviously Yuda had caught her off guard and there was an unconscious mixture of wonder and disbelief in her gaze. Enough so that the sculptor's stare lasted until his question returned through her stunned state.

Could she track? One would have thought the answer to that was obvious. To this gallant warrior, it probably was and the question itself was more a courtesy than anything else. Pursing her lips in a reluctant frown, Beltaine ripped her eyes away again, bangs swaying as she shook her head. The scholars tried to teach me the basics of those things. Tracking. Hunting.. along with the other cubs. Nothing much stuck.

The second might have been more obvious than the first. It was rare the delicate female ever caught her meals, instead picking off whatever left over carrion she happened to cross in her travels. The results made her resemble the dead a little more visibly than her mother would have liked. The length of her ribcage formed grooves along her sides where her pelt stretched taut across them. Mamake was likely a better hunter than her impractical daughter, she had certainly tried to help Beltaine to learn--out of concern for her already stunted child's health. Maybe if she'd known Boyko had taught Yuda his skills, the stubborn lioness might have been more willing to learn. Thinking the knowledge came directly from the knowledge of her unwelcome and unnecessary companion made her less willing to learn. Shaking her head again, this time with more vigor than the last. No. I just want you to go away.

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:00 pm
Boyko was lost, game over.

Mamake's bashful glance away, the delicate curve of her neck and lowered long lashes brushing her cheeks, the buck knew right then and there that, he would be lost to this doe for as long as his days carried out.

It sat in his gut like a rock, this shocking conclusion was not something he had ever thought would happen, ever considered happening. He had been a bachelor for all of his days, never thinking of settling down into that life, he was a warrior..thats all he knew. And now he would do anything for a doe he had just met, but seemed to connect with on a deeper level than anyone else he'd ever met..including Yuda.

"He won't be, he will see the logic of it...and who knows, they've been out together for a bit now. They could very well be hitting it off just fine.." He grinned and bobbed his head. "Shall we?"

He watched her quietly in her own thoughts, his own mind racing back to past memories and before his eyes the pale, petite lioness changed, golden orbs sparkled and danced from a dark as night coat, her voice a hushed purr in his ear..At first he had felt nothing for the lioness, it had simply been a duty, a task handed to him by his king, his best friend..But like the snake she was, she slithered her way into his affections, into his heart..Yuda's ears flickered back against his skull as he remembered the ache, the burning need, it was like stepping into battle, his heart raced and his mind went numb to what happened around him. Nona hadn't been the healing balm the warrior had needed, she instead was just another battle, fueling his need and addiction to it.

Beltaine's voice was the gentle pull Yuda needed to shake the lioness from his memory, she disappeared like sands in the desert and before him stood the petite little lioness, who could not even do the basics of their species and he felt the need to protect, to show her the world she had been denied.

"No." His voice was stern, his chin lifted. He had been kind to her, had wanted to make sure nothing happened to her and he would not just go away because she didnt want to face the fact that he could help her. "Boyko taught me to track, I could teach you to track, and the basics of hunting..But Im not going anywhere until you can at least master those simple tasks." He didnt want to sound cruel, or mean, no..not to her, but he wanted her to survive and thrive, even if that meant without his company.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff