Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 07. Profile Forum [Introduce Yourself "Extended"]
Transgender Men and Women on Gaia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWalkingThread

Fashionable Conversationalist

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:06 pm
Dr. OCD
TheWalkingThread
Dr. OCD
I'm a transman. I've been out for six years. I've been on testosterone for a little over two years. I'm 5 weeks post-op. I have all of my legal documents changed (name and gender). (I still need to change my passport and the gender on my Social Security... but I don't go out of the country and I'm not in a rush).
How does post-op for FtM work? I know how they do it for MtF but not the other way around.

Well I had top surgery. So I have a bilateral mastectomy.

Very nice smile Congrats.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:47 pm
Am theoretically a F to M transgender, however, I really haven't started anything, seeing that am only sixteen and none of my family members know about my identity issues.. Nor can I afford anything at the moment.
I have longed to be a male for ever since I can remember. However,
some months ago, I was joking around with my twin sister, and she said this:
"If you ever become a boy, I will disown you. You know that, right?"
That changed my mind about telling my family all together, fearing that maybe, they would all have that attitude..
I hope to soon be open with them, perhaps when I graduate.
I still like men, and I do like dressing up sometimes, but I am more comfortable being a boy, and being referred to as such..
I hope this makes sense. ; u ;'  

inactive_user00001

Anxious Man-Lover

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:11 pm
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread

I think I prefer the term bigender for myself. Because a lot of the time I'm very masculine. But there are days where I just want to switch.
Yeah that is an agreeably good term as well, I just also feel like some of my desires and thoughts fall further from that as well at times, thats why I like GQ...mostly because I dont like labels and such to begin with and feel like the looser and broader the label the better for me at least.
I can definitely agree with you. It's just more confusing than anything really because of the stigma.
yep exactly and what i find amazing (no one here yet) but on a lot of trans communities iv joined in the past people seemed to be a bit too obsessed with lables and organizing everyone into little holes and when people were in the spectrum but hard to catagorize they get treated different which i think is bs....we are all on a rough enough journey and support from eachother is the best thing in the world right now. but yeah enough of my rant lol

its nice to meet you :3

Yeah I used to be a part of a community and it's funny to notice how they're constantly calling each other out on either not being passable enough, or being too passable.

Nice to meet you also. smile
yep exactly just made feelings worse for me. hell i go off of how i feel and i think that no one can tell you or should try to tell yoy how you feel....you know you best

that and i have only once been called she when presenting n that was a long time ago  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:18 pm
Troxey
Am theoretically a F to M transgender, however, I really haven't started anything, seeing that am only sixteen and none of my family members know about my identity issues.. Nor can I afford anything at the moment.
That changed my mind about telling my family all together, fearing that maybe, they would all have that attitude..
I still like men, and I do like dressing up sometimes, but I am more comfortable being a boy, and being referred to as such..

Of course it makes since!

and I know the feeling. My father probably would respond well to the fact that I sometimes want to be a woman and live like a woman.

For me... I love being a guy and doing guy things. Then when I dress up as a girl I feel like I can be a completely different person and being gender blind helps. So interests in dating are more open. But I think the only thing I really have to work on when presenting is my face... I really have to do some hardcore grooming to take away the masculine features.

However I haven't done any of that in a while.

Luckily for me. My frame is unique enough to where I can be both masculine and feminine with almost no effort.  

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:19 pm
Troxey
sounds kinda like me but i made the mistake of telling my mother....life is forever akward now...and it ended up messing with my own identity...then after seeing a few docs and finding i was not a hrt canidate (long story short) im kinda doomed to be misrable and try to be happy as a girl some days but at the end of it all im just destroyed emotionally  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:20 pm
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread

I think I prefer the term bigender for myself. Because a lot of the time I'm very masculine. But there are days where I just want to switch.
Yeah that is an agreeably good term as well, I just also feel like some of my desires and thoughts fall further from that as well at times, thats why I like GQ...mostly because I dont like labels and such to begin with and feel like the looser and broader the label the better for me at least.
I can definitely agree with you. It's just more confusing than anything really because of the stigma.
yep exactly and what i find amazing (no one here yet) but on a lot of trans communities iv joined in the past people seemed to be a bit too obsessed with lables and organizing everyone into little holes and when people were in the spectrum but hard to catagorize they get treated different which i think is bs....we are all on a rough enough journey and support from eachother is the best thing in the world right now. but yeah enough of my rant lol

Yeah I used to be a part of a community and it's funny to notice how they're constantly calling each other out on either not being passable enough, or being too passable.

yep exactly just made feelings worse for me. hell i go off of how i feel and i think that no one can tell you or should try to tell yoy how you feel....you know you best

that and i have only once been called she when presenting n that was a long time ago

The biggest thing for me is acceptance over all. Like when my cousin was growing up. He tried so hard to convince everyone he wasn't gay. Only to come out a few years ago.  

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

inactive_user00001

Anxious Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:55 pm
0ntogeny
Troxey
sounds kinda like me but i made the mistake of telling my mother....life is forever akward now...and it ended up messing with my own identity...then after seeing a few docs and finding i was not a hrt canidate (long story short) im kinda doomed to be misrable and try to be happy as a girl some days but at the end of it all im just destroyed emotionally

I am very sorry... -huggles-
I really do hope that things get much, much better for you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:56 pm
TheWalkingThread
Troxey

and I know the feeling. My father probably would respond well to the fact that I sometimes want to be a woman and live like a woman.

For me... I love being a guy and doing guy things. Then when I dress up as a girl I feel like I can be a completely different person and being gender blind helps. So interests in dating are more open. But I think the only thing I really have to work on when presenting is my face... I really have to do some hardcore grooming to take away the masculine features.

Luckily for me. My frame is unique enough to where I can be both masculine and feminine with almost no effort.

Lucky. I have a very feminine face and figure; Not that I mind it, it's just..
You know. Without the surgery I just don't feel right.  

inactive_user00001

Anxious Man-Lover

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:47 pm
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread

The biggest thing for me is acceptance over all. Like when my cousin was growing up. He tried so hard to convince everyone he wasn't gay. Only to come out a few years ago.
yeah pretty much...its killn me though :/ im just at a huge road block emotionally n everything  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:09 pm
Troxey
TheWalkingThread
Troxey

yeah im lucky too have wide shoulders naturally flat chested so i dont even need a binder to pass and im tall and thin.  

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:48 pm
Troxey
TheWalkingThread
Troxey

Think think in my case. Though, I am curious about the surgery. I'd never do it. Because when I am in my male skin I am pretty comfortable... It's really just coming to terms with the fact that I am two people sharing the same body. If that makes sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:49 pm
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread

yeah pretty much...its killn me though :/ im just at a huge road block emotionally n everything

I know what you mean. I have to hide my other side most of the time.  

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

inactive_user00001

Anxious Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:53 am
TheWalkingThread
Troxey
TheWalkingThread
Troxey

Think think in my case. Though, I am curious about the surgery. I'd never do it. Because when I am in my male skin I am pretty comfortable... It's really just coming to terms with the fact that I am two people sharing the same body. If that makes sense.

Ah, yes. x3
Lucky, lucky.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:00 am
Troxey
TheWalkingThread
Troxey
TheWalkingThread
Troxey

Ah, yes. x3
Lucky, lucky.

But in Hindu societies. We'd be accepted as we are. Because Hindi's believe that 3rd and sometimes 4th genders exist.  

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:08 am
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread

I know what you mean. I have to hide my other side most of the time.
same...my whole life would be destroyed at this point if i didnt  
07. Profile Forum [Introduce Yourself "Extended"]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces