Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Tip The Tea Set, Fix The Trinkets (Yuzhi/ Thrain) FIN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:56 pm

"A lot of people do," she remained vague on purpose, not wishing to name names and send Thrain on a hunt against those she happened to care about even if they did tease her now and again. Not that she thought Thrain to be that that sort of stallion but she wanted to make sure no one fought just because of her. She wasn't worth it.

She nodded a bit with a bit of a giggle, "Yes, truly." Yuzhi wasn't sure why she was so proud of that moment, and Thrain certainly wasn't helping kill that notion either. If anything he just made it worse and egged her on. The small mare could almost hear the War stallion grumbling and grunting in the most annoyed manner and that just made her even more amused.

The noise he had made was somehow missed by her or she had dismissed it completely as him having some sort of thoughtful moment that was accented by some utterance. There was another small laugh from her as she replied, "So long as you do not try to skip out on me after I tell my tale, then fine I will go first."

She trusted him to stay and so she went on, "I had first met the Giant when out on a task to help gather things to rebuild the clans. I am not sure what impression I left on him but eventually he and I had gotten into a competitive mood as we eventually decided to settle differences on which of our clans are greater with a duel." Yuzhi paused for a second or two as she tried to recall the battle in full to allow a descriptive moment but with her memory a little bit of a mess she couldn't call forward anything specific and so she continued.

"Considering that we were both weakened with it being so directly after the fall of the islands, it was quite a long battle and we were not exactly up to our usual standards," she chuckled a little bit, "you would think I would make myself sound mightier by comparison but...The truth is I think if Shikoba had been more himself he might have beaten me. Ah well... that is neither here nor there, in the end I managed to beat him to the point where he had passed out for a time and as a congenial winner I waited nearby in case he needed help to get to a healer."

AyeAvast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 pm

"Just because a lot of people do it does not mean it should be done." Thrain replied immediately with a tight lipped look, the harshness of it fading a bit as he rose an eyebrow in curiosity. Just because he wouldn't leave her right this moment to go rough some people up didn't mean he didn't care. It meant he cared more that he didn't leave her.
Not that he cared well yeah he totally did but also uh well anyways moving along on that point...

A nervous laugh left him at her warning and he once again fiddled with the tie on his hair.
"There is nothing I would try to skip out on you for." Oh yes that was why he was being all bashful suddenly.
But he did pause to listen to the mare, smiling softly as she began to speak. Except... Just standing on the path was kind of strange. Maybe they should find another place to... Stand and talk? Uh uh...
Not wanting to look as though he were uninterested in her story, he motioned to a nearby wall that was only partially still standing. It crumbled at both ends, but rose up to just above his waist and looked like the perfect place for them to sit and talk! Except uh... Huh... Could Yuzhi actually reach up there?
Thrain frowned at the wall but looked expectantly up at her in a small, unspoken question of 'let me pick you up?'.

Once settled in he turned an attentive smile to her, leaning against the wall with one hip and crossing his arms over his chest.
His gold eyes unfocused slightly as he imagined the filly's story, the smile tugging up higher. Even if the two Horsemen had not been at their top shape, Thrain would not relent upon the idea that Yuzhi could still take the War man. It was something that would warm his heart simply because she was so precious and tiny and ugh he knew she was amazing. Even if admitting that to himself made him feel fuzzy inside for reasons he didn't want to yet consider.
When the story was done he gave her a brighter smile and a curt nod.
"Though you may doubt your abilities now, I am certain you would prove similar should he try a rematch." Not that he would ever stand for something like that. Shik was an honorable man and while Yuzhi could undoubtedly protect herself, Thrain would just prefer to be the one beating people up in her honor.

His expression softened considerably after a moment, his hands uncrossing. One hand dared to reach over and brush idly against her shoulder as though dust had gotten onto her.
"That is very kind of you to stay after the fight to make sure he was safe."

Pales

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:18 pm

The smaller mare just offered a curt nod in response to the teasing that she had suffered as she aged. He was right - just because a lot of people tease someone, doesn't mean it should be done, but there was also another aspect to it. If they hadn't teased her? She probably wouldn't be the person she was today but that was a mixed feeling especially since she was going to try and change aspects of herself that no longer 'worked'.

There was a lot chewing on thoughts and when he said he wouldn't skip out on her she just squinted at him a little - it was playful. "Don't be so nervous," she chided in a light playful tone, "if you did try I would just follow you." She tried to make it sound like a threat but it somehow failed when she was giving a bashful little smile followed by a blush.

As he moved along she had moved with him not seeming to mind that they had been awkwardly standing about within a path, she was of the mindset that people could just move around them. She was busy trying to get to know the stallion before her and others could just deal with the inconvenience as she told him a story. As they got to the wall she glanced at it and then glanced back at him, normally she would make it up on her own and yet there was something about his questioning look made her oblige him as her arms lifted slightly so he could easily lift her and place her down without much protest but he would find as he leaned on the wall a hand was clutching at a loose part of his clothes idly, as if she had neglected to let go for some reason.

"I'd like to think that I'd beat him down twice as bad if I had been at full capacity at the time," she gave a small wicked grin, "but sometimes I like to pretend I am only a weak and humble scholar to see who falls for it," she admitted quietly as if inviting Thrain along for her little conspiracy. "..I like Shikoba, he was a very good fighter, and he is a good friend despite his ... bad attitude."

AyeAvast
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Perhaps if Yuzhi had mentioned the idea that being teased had made her who she was, Thrain would have been more alright with it. That was something he could totally understand, as much as he regretted it having happened at all. Growth was always something he strove for, even if he was having a hard time getting it to work in his favor as of late.
The playful teasing, however, only made him all the more nervous. He harrumphed a little as he fussed with his hair.
"I am not nervous. But I am glad to know you would follow me." But why did he hope that meant more than just the way she intended it?

Since it had not occurred to Thrain that the mare could get on the wall on her own he waited for her reply. The lift of her arms made him smile and as carefully as possible he bent down to put his hands on her waist. Carefully, holding her firmly just before her hips began to curve out, he lifted her up and moved her back to sit on the wall. An odd sense of pride coursed through him at the action, as though he had protected her in some small, if silly, way. A smile curled her mouth and he more happily leaned against the wall.
"I have fought with Shikoba and am familiar with him. He is a grumpy man, but a good one. Sometimes he..." Here the man paused to make a small noise, a hesitation of his thoughts. One arm uncrossed over his chest to rub at his chin. "Sometimes his... Bad attitude affects Shaheen more harshly than I think he realizes. She is my closest friend here, my first friend here. And to see her hurt because of him... It is... Unsettling."
But he laughs at her assurance.

"I am sure that were we to fight now I would bow to your battle prowess!"

Pales

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:01 am

She watched him fuss at his hair and almost wanted to reach up and do the same but for now her hand remained where it was - latched onto a piece of his clothing as if to keep him from wandering off on her. "I would," she promised simply though she wasn't sure why she was now considering the thought more and more seriously. It wasn't like he was going to wander off and even if he did he owed her no allegiance, but why did she feel the need and want to follow him? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Yuzhi had no complaint about how she was lifted other than the fact that the contact was far too brief for her own liking but she vocalized none of it. Settling she just smiled and uttered a quiet word of thanks. Normally she did things for herself, insisted on it even, but she didn't mind allowing Thrain to help her a little now and again.

"Mmm. It doesn't surprise me that he is oblivious to the feelings of others around me. He's even oblivious to his own self sometimes," she shrugged with a small tsk sound. "Either way I am sure he'll have his head out of his a** sooner or later."

His words made her laugh, "Bow you would," she smirked a little bit at him. There was a quiet pause a second of her simply enjoying his company, after it was over she finally spoke up again, "Now it is Sir Thrain's turn to delight me with a tale."

AyeAvast
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:36 pm

A cheeky, almost bashful save for how terribly amused it was, smile tilted the stallion's mouth up for a moment and he tried to cover it by quickly brushing the tip of his nose in a casual manner. To a trained eye there was nothing casual about it, the whole action stank of budding affection wanting to be quelled in the event it was too obvious, but Thrain was just a little too caught up in how curiously cute he found the way her hair flipped up a little at the part on Yuzhi's forehead.
Yet as the conversation steered back to speaking of Shik, the Guardian harrumphed and crossed his arms, huffing a little.
"That is the problem. Half his head is in his a**, the other half is sticking out trying to listen for a fight." Which was at once a compliment and an insult. A compliment because it meant that he found the War stallion capable of multiple dealings at once, an insult because, well, the obvious.

A smirking Yuzhi is a bit much to handle after she has been so pouty before, but Thrain only finds his smile going wider to reveal his teeth that cannot hold back a soft bark of laughter.
"It is a story that I have promised the Lady, and it is a story she shall get. Now. The question is, which do you want to hear?" Pride swelled within the man and he bent at one side of his waist to tap a finger on the filly's shoulder. "I am an accomplished man, of sorts, with many a tale to my name. I have fought many terrible creatures during my time on post, as well as here in Halloween. There is also the time Shaheen and Shik and I defeated a Titan while I sang a glorious song (that still needs refining). Also the time I fought some shadow creatures." That last story was not one to be proud of, but it was one he would spin in a better light. Couldn't have the pretty Little Lady thinking poorly of him!
"It is all up to you. I had my choice, now it is your turn."

Pales
*3*////

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:19 am

There was a stare from her as Thrain made his observation about Shik's head and the fact that it was indeed much like an a**. The small mare covered her mouth with her hands and let out a series of quiet amused giggles, for many moments she couldn't contain herself. If she wasn't already clutching to a piece of his clothing it was likely she would have lost balance and fallen because of her fit of giggles. When she managed to calm down she was pleasantly flushed from embarrassment at her loss of control and simply because she had been laughing about an insultliment to a friend, "Ah..That was... Not kind of me to laugh about him that way, but..." She shifted her shoulders and let out another quiet giggle, "I suppose it is true. Maybe he'll learn or Shaheen will speak up for her own thoughts and feelings to him."

She wondered briefly if she would ever have that sort of courage with anyone she might grow fond of. Yuzhi tried to envision herself admitting any sort of feelings to Thrain and her pleasant flush turned into her entire face turning red right down to her neck. It was around that moment she realized she was clinging to an article of his clothing and try as hard as she might she couldn't get her hand to release it. Yuzhi pretended that she wasn't clinging to him.

Nope. It wasn't happening. She wasn't fond of this Horseman at all. Not one bit.

Yuzhi was vaguely aware of his voice as he talked of her choices in tales she could have him recount and she focused on that. Her eyes suddenly focusing on his face a little too intently at first before her head tilted down to her lap when she realized what she was doing, "Ah...Ahm...How about...You tell me of the Titan story a...and maybe you could sing...for me..?" Her voice became more and shy toward the end of her request.

AyeAvast
Sorry for the delayyyy. I am a distracted Pales. qq
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:26 pm

If a smile from Yuzhi had been a surprise before, a great deal of laughter from her is even more unexpected. Though the mare has already grabbed a fistful of Thrain's clothing, he still places a hand behind her that just doesn't quite touch her in case she decides that falling backwards in her exuberance is a good idea. With a tilted smirk he watches her, eyes half lidded in a face of mild smugness. He feels half sheepish that he has made such a poor joke against a friend, but he is more pleased that the joke seems funny enough to trap this little mare into a fit of giggles.
Finally she calms herself and instead of removing the hand, he lets it fall behind her to rest on the wall in a most casual sort of way. Which does not at all feel casual to him and he's careful to rub under his nose once more.
"It really isn't making fun of him if it happens to be true." Thrain points out most helpfully, his smirk still present despite the soft blush.
"And I have never known Shaheen to do anything else first before speaking her mind, so I am sure that fighting is just a form of... Ah... Affection, for them." Not that he would ever call it such for himself. Idly he wondered the same for Yuzhi but quickly let that thought go.

Largely unaware of the fact that he was being clung to (mostly because he was very decidedly ignoring the fact he was being clung to simply by virtue of distracting himself), Thrain cleared his throat when the filly asked for a story. It was odd for her to get so bashful so suddenly and for whatever reason, the Guardian found the blush fading from his cheeks. It instead filtered down to his smile that grew a little more devious.
"Only if the Little Bird will sing for me too." He told her with a short wink.
That felt terribly, terribly, Goddess awfully bold and to cover it up Thrain swung his free hand out as though he were literally clearing the horizon in front of them in preparation for his story.

"Back when all those nasty Titans were running around the Islands, I had first fought a battle with Shik. It was short, because we are both excellent fighters, but it was not enough to sate us. So we found Shaheen, who had mysteriously gotten into some rather nice tasting drink that she kindly shared with us, and we made our way back out onto the battlefield." Using his most dramatic voice, along with a few hand gestures for emphasis, Thrain laid out the scene for Yuzhi. A mammoth Titan, a sentimental song for the trio who had become the Guardian's new family in this strange experience he called his life, a hard fought but carefully won battle. It was all told with the grandeur of an event far greater than it had actually been. But when he was done Thrain smiled down at the mare with more fondness than he'd meant to let show through his features. It felt good to tell his story, even a silly one like that. It felt better to tell it to someone so adorable and sweet.

Pales
ITS OK I AM A DISTRACTED AYE Q3Q

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Yuzhi had wiped away a small trail of tears that had resulted from her gigglefit a few moments prior and she kept listening to Thrain with a quiet nod and then with simple confidence she stated, "If it is meant to be then it will work out for the best." It was a belief she often went by as she grew up into the mare she became, along with the desire to improve herself from time to time. "I suppose it is true, either way it stays between us that we were having a bit of a tease on Shikoba without him being here."

She didn't actually want to hurt anyone's feelings, even if they often had thick hides.

The demand for her to sing caught her a bit off guard, as whatever she was about to say died shortly after she opened her mouth to speak. Sing? Could she sing? She rarely ever sang anything for anyone and if she did...Well she didn't believe herself to be any good at it, and so she sort of reached up and rubbed at her cheeks. Why did it suddenly feel so warm around here? "I..I will sing so long as you do not laugh at me for how awful it sounds," Yuzhi murmured finally.

Yuzhi fixed her attention on Thrain as he began his tale and told it to her. She tilted her head smiling a little bit from amusement and when he was done she clapped happily, "I enjoyed your tale very much. It seems as though you have made some fast friends."

AyeAvast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:06 pm

"Ah, yes but... For friends and loved ones it is hard to just let fate handle things." Especially when fate seemed dead set on giving them all hell. "So forgive me for being a fool when it comes to this sort of thing."
He was glad that she ended things with a smile, for he takes a great deal of pleasure in her smile, but also did not know he needed such a small thing. Such a small little mare with such a shy smile evoked such a warm feeling. How odd...

Though Yuzhi had asked him not to laugh, the Guardian could not really help it. An energetic laugh popped from him and he leaned back to let his laugh filter up toward the grey sky.
"I am not laughing at you, forgive me... You are just..." He caught his tongue before he said the word he wanted to say and shook his head a moment later. "You just seem to have the demeanor of a wonderful songstress." Yes, that was a nice save.

The clapping made him grin and tilt his in form of a bow, swelling with pride at her praise.
"Indeed, I have made very good friends. But I am always open to more, of course..." Not that he was trying to imply anything.
"And you? Have you made friends here in our strange new home?"

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:03 pm

"It is hard," she murmured softly with a small thoughtful frown. It was hard to watch those she loved go through difficult times but she had no control over it. There was so many frustrating things that were beyond her control and she liked none of it his voice broke through her thoughts and her expression turned back to a small smile as she nodded a little, "Forgiven already."

For some reason she felt she could forgive almost anything where Thrain was concerned and she wasn't sure why she had that feeling...

The laughter didn't put her off or make her ashamed, she had meant more toward while she was singing than she meant right then. The only change in her expression was a more wry version of her smile as she shook her head, "I do not sing much, to be honest. I just...Feel that there are many much better than I with the ability to sing so...I do not bother with it much."

It made her happy that he seemed so proud at her praise, because she did genuinely enjoy the tale, "Mmm? More? I never had more than just friends, Thrain. I have never even shared a kiss with anyone before," she flushed a little at the thought as her head tilted away so she didn't start to suddenly focus on her mouth like she felt she was about to, her head tilted down toward her lap now. When she felt safe from dangerous distraction she finally continued to speak, "I ahh.. just never seem to meet anyone that is interested in me or treats me like a potential interest of that sort and that is perfectly fine..."

A lie but he didn't need to know that.

"I have made a couple of friends. I do not go out much." She admitted quietly.

AyeAvast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:25 pm

And there it was, just like that.
A small cloud passing over an otherwise sunny day, the frown covered up the light in Yuzhi's face and Thrain realized with an odd pang why exactly he liked her smile so much. It was a reminder of innocence in an otherwise bereft of such place.
But the cloud passes soon, its chill lingers perhaps, but it is gone and things feel a little more manageable. If only for a few moments more.

Feeling momentarily cheeky, Thrain brought forth his free hand to tap one finger on the mare's head gently.
"As worthy as your opinion is, I am afraid you are not the judge to appeal to." He grinned in a manner that suggested he would have the final say regardless if she really wanted it or not, but said nothing else on the matter. Not that he did not want to say other things about how he was sure she had all sorts of talents tucked away in those sleeves, but he got a bit distracted.

With a small cough his whole face turned bright red, this time not even able to really cover it up with cleverness or another joke or anything at all. Instead the man could only sputter for a moment or two.
"I-I had not meant-- Friends was-- My a-apologies lady-- I d-did not m-mean that-- But I-I also did not n-not mean--" Actually talking would be pretty useless right now, especially when Yuzhi was bold enough to say that she had never even been kissed. Naturally that lead the Guardian thinking a very dangerous and slippery train of thought that he shook his head to dispel.
In his best attempt to distract himself from the thought, Thrain darted out from the mare's side to stand in front of her. With a thump, one arm crossed his chest to lay a fist over his heart, an action meant to show loyalty and not to ask a favor.

"What I m-mean is! If the Lady Yuzhi would not mind, I would... Would like to take her out then!" The idea of whether it was as friends or something more was an idea he would let her decide for herself.

Pales

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

The tap on her head and then his response to her humble admission only made her blush as she peeked up at him a little, "Then ... pick a song you enjoy and maybe I will sing it for you," her voice was shy and quiet. She wasn't sure why she was willing to please Thrain but she was.

His reaction to her response about friends and more caused her to look up and then her own face turned a delightful shade of red as both of her hand raised up and waved a little as her eyes widened, "N...No I... I thought that...you meant...when..others say ...more..." She was stumbling over her thoughts as they came rushing through without her able to keep track of a single one with any sort of stability. Yuzhi was not sure how to continue on with this conversation now. Every part of her wanted to leap off the wall and go dashing for a safe hiding place so she could recover her emotions, "I didn't mean to make you...Ahh..."

Yuzhi froze as she stared at him and her blush only deepened and her hands clasped together firmly as if praying to some greater power beyond herself. Her hands went closer to her chest for a second or two as she stared at him and tried to divine the reason for this act. Was he doing it out of pity? Was he doing it to now get the kiss she had mentioned never sharing with anyone else? Surely this stallion wouldn't seek to fall off of the high pedestal she had set him on so soon.

"Y..Yes...But only if... you really mean it, Sir Thrain. B..Because..." she cleared her throat a little before she continued on and managed to sound a little more stern than how she truly felt, "I don't want to sound harsh but I do not...Need ...umm.. a pity date, I believe is what it is called..." She flushed and sort of tilted her head down at her lap. "Forgive me I .. must sound so cruel just now but I just..."

It was the last thing she needed, for someone to pity her so much that they took her out on her out after giving a revelation that she never had. All of these emotions were suddenly rushing through her thanks to her misunderstanding and his reaction.

AyeAvast
Have an awkward Yuzhi tag.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Shy and quiet was all well and good, but Thrain gave an odd little side to side motion of his head, very close to a light stretch of his ears toward their respective shoulders. A hand once again rubbed under his nose, an action he found himself doing again and again even if his nose was perfectly fine.
"One of my favorites may not be one you know..." They had come from very different cultures, after all. Conquest was prestigious, while Death a fine balance between barbaric and well to do. "Perhaps it would be best to have you sing one of your favorites. That way it will be all the more lovely because you enjoy it so." After all, it was his desire to hear her sing. It was also his desire to see her smile and touch her hair but he was not quite ready to admit that second one.

"My apologies! I should have known! Er, have guessed?" He hastily tried to add, flushing all the more and feeling rather frantic. He had put her off, had made her flustered. Getting bashful would not make Yuzhi feel any better, undoubtedly, but it was just so very difficult to cover up his own red face and disjointed feelings.
But he had committed to asking her to go out on an adventure of sorts with him and that was something to cling to. With a deep breath the man steadied himself, going as calm as he felt able to go as he looked just a little beneath Yuzhi's chin, feeling her neck was a safe place to put his gaze.

Surprise clouded his calm when she finished speaking and after a moment he righted himself, letting the hand fall from his chest.
"It was not my intent to appear as though I were pitying you. For that I apologize." Curtly, not quite as though he were hurt but more so in a detached manner, he nodded his head at her. It was an action of recognizing his mistake and aiming to correct it.
"But I do not apologize for being so suddenly forward. Well, I do apologize for the suddenness but not for my question. That still stands."
With a deep breath he held out his hand for her, almost like he was offering to shake her hand again. Gently he let a small smile spread his mouth, slowly, as though he might scare her away.
"Now I will hope you are not harsh as I ask again... Would you like to accompany me on an outing?"

Pales

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:11 pm

"Give me a bit of time to think it over, I have many favorites," she replied with a bit of a giggle. Yuzhi felt a nervousness roil up inside her stomach at the prospect of singing for someone but for now it would have to be fought down because she always followed through with her promises.

Yuzhi's brow furrowed a little as she hid her face behind her sleeves for a second to try and calm herself. She now realized why her cousin carried around a fan all the time - it was easier to hide ones face with a fan than with the sleeves she liked to wear. She was still listening for Thrain's reaction and uttered a mumbled, "Forgiven. It is not as if you could have guessed my response."

Could he? Again she desperately wanted to give him a benefit of a doubt since she already placed him so high on a pedestal.

"I...I don't want to seem like I have any disinterest, Sir Thrain. I just...wanted to make sure that your intentions were clear before I gave a response," and as he spoke more she stilled and a flush broke over her face again. There was still hesitation in her, but she reached forward toward his hand, "Y..Yes. I think I will."

She was too stunned to hear any sort of panic bells going off inside her heart and mind just then.

What does one do on an outing? Why should they go on an outing? Doesn't he have other mares to court or take on an outing? Why me? Why Why ...

Or perhaps for once in her life she was outright ignoring those voices for a chance at something new.

AyeAvast
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces