Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Cigarettes... the new target for stupidity?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is worse, alcohol or cigarettes?
  Alcohol!
  Tobacco!
  They're both the devil!
  Neither! In fact, I do both!
  Neither, I don't really care!
  I have no opinion, I'll just follow everyone else... damn I want gold.
View Results

Sinzuko

Gaian

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:30 pm
I think smoking is very bad... But I smoke. But not alot. Just everynow and then. But it is definitely worse than drinking. Dont get me wrong. I hate drunks. But having a small drink doe'snt hurt. Not as much as just a small puff on a cig. I'm quitting!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:36 am
Interesting opinions from all of you, thanks very much! I had no idea there were so many people against smokers! Holy shite... well, I just have this to say... I infact do both. I don't do either to "fit in" or "be cool" I just do them because I can. I smoke to calm my nerves and to get a slight buzz and I drink (don't get drunk, just drink) for the same reason. I enjoy the feeling, reguardless of the risk. Anyone else like me?  

Nothing_Without_Hate

drippingbloodfromaneedle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:04 am
I really dont care cause i am growing up around both of them.. well my mom quit drinking but on occasion she has it but STILL and yesh i no they are BOTH bad for you but get over it! Caus ei know im going to end up drinking before im 21 ( i hope not BUT STILL) well i kinda have and smoking befoe 18 ive already been offerd but i said no but yes to the beeer lol and ive also been offered weed but i only got the smoke from it bc i didnt want any b4 my mom came to pick me up so I no they are both bad but ohh well lol < well see thats my opinion so read if you will i dont care so yupperz!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:23 am
Mttin
Nothing_Without_Hate
Drinking also slaughters those poor, defenseless brain cells. cool

Speaking as a Biology Major: Here is my opinion.

There is no benfit in doing either - in my opinion ... equally unfortunate events that a person deems they need.

I'll start with smoking: Smoking will eliminate cilia(tiny hair like extensions of cell membranes)which remove mucus up and away frok your lungs ... extended periods of smoking results in a pooling of mucus in the lower respiratory tree.

It also increases the frequency of Neumonia and COPD(Cronic obstructive pulmonary disease)

Alcohol - more serious. The problem with alcohol on the CNS and PNS(Centeral and Peripheral Nervous Systems)respectively, is that alcohol reduces brain size, signs of senile dementia may also be exhibited unrealted to the aging process. This should be noted as a result of Chronic Alcoholism. The occasion drink with the guys/girls .. can result in neurons destruction. This is serious considering the amitoticness of neurons(the loss of an ability to divide) You are born with a set number of neurons ... you do not get more. So .. as you drink your bottle of beer - you are slowly driving yourself to senile demntia.

Hope this helps any arguement in the future. I am against both!

WHOA. O.O

pneumonia* (i had pneumonia last year it really sucked.)

i cant stand the stench of cigarettes or any kind of smoking...blech, i get headaches and i feel sick around it, around it i feel like i am choking and unable to breathe.

i really dont drink alot...so....i dont get drunk because i dont want to look like a retard.  

Hawt_az_FCUK

The Flightless Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:40 am
I smoke and I drink.
but i do understand that some people dont like it being around them, so around those few individuals I go outside to smoke. but their are a lot of places where I smoke inside and if you dont like it dont go, its quite simple, all depends on the house rules really.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:36 pm
Ugh. I hate people like that. I do not smoke. I don't plan on taking it up. But, if I see someone smoking, I really don't care. It's their own lives, and I have no right telling them how to live them. Also, you obviously KNOW its bad for you, as do all smokers. It says it on the ******** package: THIS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO KILL YOU!

What the ******** are they thinking? "Oh, gee... I had no idea it was bad for me!!"

And that second hand smoke thing is over dramatized. If you go outside at a party to smoke, you're not hurting anyone. If you were inside, I would understand their view more.  

Little Miss Lunacy

]sarcasm[

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:39 pm
Both are really bad for you. I don't like it when people smoke. Although it is very annoying when people bug the crap out of other people.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:23 pm
Hmmm... well, I don't really care if people smoke at a party... hell, I do it myself sometimes. It does kinda bug me, though, if they just light up without the permission of the person who owns the house... either make sure it's okay first or go outside to do it.  

ringwraith10

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:24 pm
The Flightless Dragon
I smoke and I drink.
but i do understand that some people dont like it being around them, so around those few individuals I go outside to smoke. but their are a lot of places where I smoke inside and if you dont like it dont go, its quite simple, all depends on the house rules really.
Yeah, that's basically the way I see it...

And your avatar is so... cute. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:28 pm
Nothing_Without_Hate
Interesting opinions from all of you, thanks very much! I had no idea there were so many people against smokers! Holy shite... well, I just have this to say... I infact do both. I don't do either to "fit in" or "be cool" I just do them because I can. I smoke to calm my nerves and to get a slight buzz and I drink (don't get drunk, just drink) for the same reason. I enjoy the feeling, reguardless of the risk. Anyone else like me?
3nodding Yeah, the smoking calms my nerves... but I only smoke if it's a REALLY desperate situation. I don't actually want lung cancer.

Drinking... well, yeah, I like to drink. I don't actually get drunk, but... Meh... I don't do either just to look cool, though.  

ringwraith10

Namtastic

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:21 pm
Nothing_Without_Hate
Drinking also slaughters those poor, defenseless brain cells. cool

so does smoking xp

I do neither because they're not good for you  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:12 pm
ill admit...i am one of those people sometimes...
but its not because i care about you...its because i care about me...
yes...its entirely selfish.

heres the thing...i dont care if your going to smoke...just please if your going to smoke...do it outside, away from us non-smokers (unless we are actually moving into your area)
thats because, we dont want to breath your smoke

cause frankly...if im drinking a glass of wine...and the wind blows on it...your not going to get drunk...the same cannot be said for cigarette smoke

so understand that it probubly has nothing to do with you...it probubly has to do with the fact that cig smoke effects everyone around you as well.  

moongoyal

moongoyal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:16 pm
heres what bugs me more then either smokers...
smokers that are hypacrits.

I ocationally smoke Cloves...
I know a smoker who cant stand them, and she yells at me (or anyone else) who smokes a clove near her.
this is the same person who doesnt care who is near her when she lights up one of her menthals...whats up with that...
seems hypacritical to me...and that just bugs me  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:56 am
tell them to ******** theirselves in the ******** a** and to leave you the ******** alone simple as that..i hate garbage like that having a misfit just cause you wanna smoke a cigarette..those bitches cant die from second-hand smoke..im sorry i dont think its possible  

Im_more_hardcore_than_you

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:27 am
Im_more_hardcore_than_you
tell them to ******** theirselves in the ******** a** and to leave you the ******** alone simple as that..i hate garbage like that having a misfit just cause you wanna smoke a cigarette..those bitches cant die from second-hand smoke..im sorry i dont think its possible

It's proven you can get cancer from second hand smoke, it's been proven several times. And even if it couldn't kill you it still smells like s**t, and I hate it.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff