13,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:57 am
raisedpassion
Moxxeh
raisedpassion
a family / real life subforum is coming. Let's both think on this a bit and maybe we will....

oh....

IDEA!

lightbulb just came on over my head.

What if we got you your own guild? We could link it off the family subforum. (We can't put a subforum inside a subforum on gaia because gaia is gay).

I wouldn't be able to maintain a guild, mainly because I wouldn't be able to check it as often as I should. I wouldn't mind having my own sticky thread in the Family/Real Life forum.
Problem I see with a sticky thread is five or ten ongoing conversations getting tangled.

How often could you check a guild? I / RAWR would plan to maintain ownership of the new guild because quite frankly, guild ownership is a b***h and not for the faint of heart or the inexperienced.

I wouldn't be able to devote enough time to it. I maybe give Gaia 1-2 hours max a week, less if things are getting hectic irl.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:08 am
Seiko L Rose
Seiko L Rose
Moxxeh
raisedpassion
a family / real life subforum is coming. Let's both think on this a bit and maybe we will....

oh....

IDEA!

What if we got you your own guild? We could link it off the family subforum. (We can't put a subforum inside a subforum on gaia because gaia is gay).

I wouldn't be able to maintain a guild, mainly because I wouldn't be able to check it as often as I should. I wouldn't mind having my own sticky thread in the Family/Real Life forum.
i believe the idea is not to have it as big as here it is just a more private setting for people who need help with problems while still being an affiliate to RAWR and semi public smile
think about it being an inbox soley for your forum
Right. The problem stems from not being able to put a "problems" subforum into the "family" sub. It's just a nightmare and you try your damnedest to work around the problems gaia creates.

-neck pops- you know.....

god I hate myself.

What if we gave her a website??

I HATE M Y S E L F !!!  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:11 am
Moxxeh
raisedpassion
Moxxeh
raisedpassion

oh....

IDEA!

Problem I see with a sticky thread is five or ten ongoing conversations getting tangled.

How often could you check a guild? I / RAWR would plan to maintain ownership of the new guild because quite frankly, guild ownership is a b***h and not for the faint of heart or the inexperienced.

I wouldn't be able to devote enough time to it. I maybe give Gaia 1-2 hours max a week, less if things are getting hectic irl.
hmm..... Maybe there's another way.... The inbox thing is a good idea because it really SHOULD stay private unless the user wants it to be made public.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:12 am
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose
Seiko L Rose
Moxxeh
raisedpassion

oh....

IDEA!

i believe the idea is not to have it as big as here it is just a more private setting for people who need help with problems while still being an affiliate to RAWR and semi public smile
Right. The problem stems from not being able to put a "problems" subforum into the "family" sub. It's just a nightmare and you try your damnedest to work around the problems gaia creates.

god I hate myself.

I HATE M Y S E L F !!!

gaia sucks we know this, but its a source of people to join that e can not discount  

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:23 am
Seiko L Rose
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose
Seiko L Rose
Moxxeh
raisedpassion

oh....

IDEA!

god I hate myself.

I HATE M Y S E L F !!!

gaia sucks we know this, but its a source of people to join that e can not discount
proven false. Most gaians are very subjective about going offline to another site. I'm not really into promoting websites at this point. I'm bringing RAWR back because I was asked to. I say "at this point" because GIR is such an awesome tool and I'm constantly finding myself wanting to share him.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:31 am
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose
Seiko L Rose

god I hate myself.

I HATE M Y S E L F !!!

proven false. Most gaians are very subjective about going offline to another site. I'm not really into promoting websites at this point. I'm bringing RAWR back because I was asked to. I say "at this point" because GIR is such an awesome tool and I'm constantly finding myself wanting to share him.
soon, and I know that but for now it is if we build up relationships they may ant to some did the time before and we were at a low  

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:39 am
Seiko L Rose
Yes. I miss the private feel the website had. You really felt like it was only "family" coming on. Not this s**t like facebook or gaia where you feel like you are being sold to the highest bidder.

That subforum that was untraceable to google was pretty cool too.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:42 am
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose
Yes. I miss the private feel the website had. You really felt like it was only "family" coming on. Not this s**t like facebook or gaia where you feel like you are being sold to the highest bidder.

I also liked the controls and moving things , and the all around adaptability of it was amazing  

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:44 am
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose

I also liked the controls and moving things , and the all around adaptability of it was amazing  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:45 am
Seiko L Rose
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose

Derp? I didn't notice any of that.... but then again, I started with a black screen, ON A LAPTOP, not even in front of GIR... oh that's right, GIR doesn't even have a keyboard, but that's ok because you can't log on locally with a keyboard anyways.

I think what I'm trying to say is that the adaptability and controls you saw on the finished site were nothing compared to what I work with over here on my side. I thought the site was restricted and felt unfinished but I lacked the coding skills to polish it.  

raisedpassion
Captain

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:51 am
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose

Derp? I didn't notice any of that.... but then again, I started with a black screen, ON A LAPTOP, not even in front of GIR... oh that's right, GIR doesn't even have a keyboard, but that's ok because you can't log on locally with a keyboard anyways.

I think what I'm trying to say is that the adaptability and controls you saw on the finished site were nothing compared to what I work with over here on my side. I thought the site was restricted and felt unfinished but I lacked the coding skills to polish it.
well i did digging around through the stuff I had just about all the privileges you had  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:53 am
Seiko L Rose
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose

well i did digging around through the stuff I had just about all the privileges you had
I built GIR and it's operating system. I also had access to his power plug.

BTW, i can't wait until we get this guild cleaned out and can move on to building stuff.  

raisedpassion
Captain

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:55 am
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose

I built GIR and it's operating system. I also had access to his power plug.

BTW, i can't wait until we get this guild cleaned out and can move on to building stuff.
I SECOND THAT, Im not working right now because I need posts and im taking a break but it will be a nice accomplishment  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:57 am
Seiko L Rose
It's ok, I'm going to be quitting soon. I should have quit already but wanted to remove some members before I went to bed for a few hours. I've got to go pick up lumber today before work.

raisedpassion
Captain

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:58 am
raisedpassion
Seiko L Rose
It's ok, I'm going to be quitting soon. I should have quit already but wanted to remove some members before I went to bed for a few hours. I've got to go pick up lumber today before work.
its 5 over there in two minutes right?  
Welcome to RAWR

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces