Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:06 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon thought there were a lot of hopeful fliers in his classes. He didn’t have favourites but he liked what he saw from his students’ last class and had a feeling they’d do well. As he waited for his class to arrive he thought about the position they would be going over.

“Good morning class. Last we covered the position of Beater. Today however we will be learning the position of Seeker.” Landon told the class. “The Seeker has only one sole purpose in the game of Quidditch.” He explained. “Now can anyone tell me what that is and why it’s one of the most important jobs?” he asked the class. It was an easy question but it got them involved before working on the practical.

With: my third year class

OOC: ---

Modifiers: Total 6 added to dice roll (+3 Advanced Flying, +3 Experience)

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:56 pm
They said all teenagers scare the living s h i t out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt

What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash
Third Year Gryffindor

Crash jogged out onto the pitch, excitement burst in his veins as his heart beat fast. He was a bit nervous, but he was more excited than anything. Last class hadn’t gone too well, he was tired, and he barely made it in before the class had ended. He wished he would have gotten there sooner. At least it wasn’t the day for chasers, he was interested in it, and wanted to try his hand at being a chaser next year to get in more on the action. ”The seekers are there to catch the golden snitch, which is worth, like, a hundren’ an’ fifty points and that’ll usually end the game right then and there.” He explained, as if it really needed to be explained but he wanted to hurry up and get to the part with the flying!

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5 ft 4½ in Weight: 125lbs Age: 12
Advanced Flying
ready to go.
Gryffindor Pride
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:41 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/Third Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Back on the pitch, Edajin crossed his arms while he listened to the other boy' explanation of a Seeker. As a matter fo fact, he had been told before that he had the skills to make a good Seeker.. But he had tried out for that very position this year, and lost it to an older girl who had been playing Seeker a long time. It figured.

With: The class

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:45 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

"That's right five points to Gryffindor." Landon said with a smile and he took out the golden snitch. "Now this is the golden snitch as you probably all know from playing and watching the game." he said holding it between his fingers showing it around. "Your task today is to find and catch it. Now, I don't expect you to all be expert Seekers just do you best. So as long as you try you'll be given credit for your effort." Landon told them. "So don't get on your brooms and have fun." he added as he let go of the snitch and let it fly off.

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch 19+ to spot, 22+ to catch.

Modifiers: Total 6 added to dice roll (+3 Advanced Flying, +3 Experience)

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:34 am
Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash
Third Year Gryffindor Keeper

All year long, Crash had been wondering if he made the right choice as trying out for keeper. It was so ruddy boring always stuck at the goal posts, maybe he should go for seeker or chaser? Beater was a little too dramatic for him, but chasing seemed like the perfect pace for him. Maybe next year... Crash awaited the instructions before he climbed on his broom to shoot out into the field. He had his doubts that he'd ever find the snitch, but who knew, maybe he had a natural born talent for it? Either way, he'd never know unless he tried.
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
L1 L2 L3
AC= 12
Mods= (+4 to block the quaffle) (+2 to flying)
Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
((on mobile))
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:29 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon walked onto the field for his third lesson it was mainly on the position of Keeper but he was going to do a bit of Chaser as well. It would certainly keep the class interesting or at least he hoped so. “Good morning class today we will be doing things a bit differently.” He told them as they came in. “Since the last two positions we haven’t covered relate to one another I figured we could cover both today.” He explained. “The main job of a Chaser is to take the Quaffle and toss it into the opponents goal while the Keeper as I’m sure you know defend the goals.” Landon began.

“Now hopefully we have enough members in class for this...” Landon started to say as he started mentally counting heads. “I want at least one or two people at a time trying out the position of Keeper while the rest try taking shots as Chaser. After a bit I’ll have you switch positions so that everyone has a chance to try out each position.” He told the class of third years.

OOC: Same way as Quidditch also everyone who was in last class received 5 points.
Modifiers: Total 6 added to dice roll (+3 Advanced Flying, +3 Experience) +2 shoot

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:28 pm
NEW YEAR!!

Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more then last and that he could teach them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "This year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. Now today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

OOC: ---

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:22 am
User ImageUser Image
[Wearing:Uniform for Flying Class]

Oh we are starting off with beater... maybe I should have actually looked at a syllabus or something for this class first.

Advance Flying II was her last class of the week. She had changed out of her normal skirt into trousers which she had tucked into flat motorcycle boots she had bought especially for occasions when what she was beginning to consider her normal shoes-a pair of heeled white boots- weren't the most appropriate. Of course then again once on a broom did it matter if she was in heels or not? And she could technically run in the heels-that was one of her tests if a shoe was practical, can't run in it than it isn't worth buying. Still flats were easier, she had to admit, and she didn't feel so tall.

The thing was she felt a bit out of place in Advance Flying II, she had spent a great deal of last year and a fair deal of the summer thinking of not signing up for the class. She was going to give up on Quidditch and flying. She end up taking the class well, because her Dad suggested she take it, and after all she had bought a broom the year before. As she walked onto the field she raised a brow as Professor Landon greeted them and said they would first be covering the position of beater. If she hadn't gone to tryouts earlier and mentally prepared herself to confront quidditch and her anger issues that were revealed from last year's quidditch try-outs which just spun out of control from there she would have thought it was a sick joke.

Well, at least she knew a fair deal about the position of beater-it was the position she knew best, after all. "The position of beater is probably generally considered more of an offensive position, but its defensive too. While they do hit bludgers at the opposing team a really talented and-or lucky beater also blocks bludgers from hitting his teammates," She said with a smile before adding with a small laugh thinking about the nose she broke in try-outs and her other bludger hits-like the couple she had done to herself which she sort of would rather not like to think about, "And they have a penchant for getting beat up a bit more than other players but that's because they work closer with bludgers. Just like a fire-eater is more likely to get burned than most people, no matter how well he is trained or how skilled he is."

User Image

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:04 pm
User Image
Hope that you spend your days
But they all add up
And when that sun goes down
Hope you raise your cup

User Image

Jer stepped out and blinked as he realized that he was one of the first out there. Deciding to stay silent, he just looped his hands behind his head and listened as Ronna explained the position of beater. He'd hate to be in that position, to be honest. He'd rather be one of the flashier positions. Probably a seeker or a chaser. Closing his eyes, he just waited.

-------------------------------------------
State: Curious
OOC: ...
-------------------------------------------

I owned every second
That this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah, with every broken bone
I swear I lived

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:23 pm
User Image
When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood’s run stale

User Image

Xavier swallowed as he walked onto the pitch, noticing how he was one of the few already there. Well, only way he could get better was to practice, right? Besides, if he was going to be forced to be in quidditch, then he might as well be good at it. The perfectionist in him wouldn't let him do otherwise. "She's right. They also have to be focused and determined players, and well, having a good swing doesn't hurt either. A lot of times, you would want a larger person in that position for teams, but accuracy is really key there too. Otherwise you'll have someone that can hit a mean bludger, but only off in the direction that they don't want it to go. They're probably the most strategy-based position, since they have to judge who would have a bigger impact in a game. Hit the wrong person out, and you might as well be handing the game to someone else. It's a game of give and take, and well, for a lot of positions, they could either be crucial to a game, or not at all. Beaters have to determine who happen to be the biggest threat and eliminate them while keeping their own players from being taken out." He stopped talking, realizing that he probably said more than he wanted to. After all, it wasn't common knowledge his father had been a professional player. He preferred it that way. Instead, he was the nephew of the Herbology and Flying instructor. That was good enough for him.

--------------------------------------
                                                State: Bored
                                                OOC: ...
                                                --------------------------------------

So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you've made

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Wearing:Uniform for Flying Class]

Hmm... a vaguely remember someone in my year from Ravenclaw, give it to a Ravenclaw who gets what I say.

Ronna stared at Xavier in his Ravenclaw robes. He looked a hair hesitant to be in the class but when he spoke up he knew quite a bit-an impressive amount about being a beater. He wasn't on the Ravenclaw team last year, she would have remembered him from the games she watched... unless he was a reserve? But, as he explained the position, her apprehensions about the class drained and her eyes lit up and she smiled brightly. "Exactly! Being a beater could be seen as a series of mathematical equations. You calculate the odds and statistics of the risks you take and who is the most important to focus on, on the opposing team. And a little bit of studying up on some basic physics of projectile motion never hurts... that way you can calculate the trajectory of the bludgers on the field better and..."

She covered her mouth suddenly and turned a shade of pink and said, "Um... sorry about that Professor Landon and uh... sorry, you're name escapes me... I don't think we ever really talked but it is nice to hear someone who thinks of the position as more than just hitting things," She added to Xavier. She had gotten wrapped up in the thrill of the idea of the position of beater and its challenges... but she also realized that it was probably really weird that generally she was constantly calculating odds and numbers in her head when she played beater in try-outs, first year practice when she had been on the reserve, her short stint in a game, and now she was even worse about it she realized during try-outs this year. Seriously, who looked at playing quidditch as a math problem? She was going to blame having to spend the summer tutoring one of her old classmates from back before going to Hogwarts in his math during the summer for her habits this year.

User Image

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Eleanora McKenny
Hufflepuff Second Year

Thinking: I'll just listen for now...
Feeling: Curious
Where: Pitch
With: Professor, classmates
Wearing: Uniform
Single

I'd rather waltz that just walk through the forest
The trees keep tempo and sway in time

Striding out onto the pitch, Nora stepped into line with the few classmates that had arrived before her. Several students trickled in after her, and soon enough class was started. Nora was pleased to hear they would be talking about beaters first - in her opinion the most underrated and simplified of positions. She listened intently as her classmates discussed the position, drinking in all the information. Because of her lack of experience, she didn't add anything - she was content to simple absorb and store the information until a later date. She was still on the fence about trying out for the team next year - maybe once the class talked over all of the positions, she would figure out if the game was something she would want to pursue.

Quartets of crickets chime in for the chorus
If I were to strum on your heartstrings, would you strum on mine?

Amadeli

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:04 pm
Jess Walsh
Hufflepuff Third Year
Halfblood Twin

Jess tried her best to pay attention to the lesson on beaters, and stop fantasizing about one day being starting seeker. But she found her attention continuously drawn upwards, to the sky. It was torture to sit here and talk when the sky was right there, begging to be flown in.

((>.< desperate times call for desperate measures))

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:43 am
I don't patronize, I realize
I'm losing and this is my real life
I am half asleep, and I am wide awake
This habit is always so hard to break
I don't want to be the bad guy
I've been blaming myself and I think you know why
I'm counting time, and time's counting you
Every way that I do

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Third Year - Twin -
[feeling: surprised] [thinking: ...] [with: Third Years] [at: Advanced Flying]

Toby payed rapt attention to this lesson, since beater was his dream position, after all. He was going to say something, but then that Xavier bloke and Ronna started off on it, and he just stared and listened, wide eyed. Well, there was really nothing left to say now. Instead he took good notes for once in his life, writing frantically and elbowing Jess to do the same.

I just can't decide what I'm running from.

Did you say "please just follow me?"
I thought you wanted me
'Cause I want you all to myself
I can try to suck it up
I just can't suck it up
Make me feel like someone else
Please just follow me
I thought you wanted me

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:00 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon was impressed with the knowledge his third years had on Beater. He never doubted them. “Nicely put Veronica, Xavier. You are absolutely right ten point to both of you.” He told them. “No need to apologize Miss Kiss I like your enthusiasm.” Landon added with a smile. It was nice to know she wasn’t giving up with the interest of Beating he’d hate to see it. “As your classmates have so nicely said Beater’s not only aim to knock out stronger players from the opposing team but they also protect their teammates from other Beater’s aiming at them. Taking a lot of risk in their position and doing mental calculations to evidently help win the game.” He stated with before looking over at Jess Walsh’s expression.

“Now I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. “So today I’m giving you a change to try it out for yourselves. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. “Now before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. “You are all aiming at those targets there so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit but don’t worry if that happens I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

OOC: Sorry this took me so long I've been really sick these past few days.

((Whoops sorry yeah AC of targets for targets is 12))

Essy ze Ninja

((Outfit in picture))

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas