Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Soquili Era Hiring Thread: Winners Announced p4! Congrats! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PixelDeerest

Dapper Dabbler

9,275 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:53 pm
Getty'up Pony!
Name: PixelDeerest
Availability? Semi-Quarterly
What Position? Edit Work Only or Either
Do you have Instant Messenger?
Aim, Skype, MSN, whatever you want – name it baby.
AIM: SparklingPoptart
Are you open to being considered for other positions?
Sure! Though I love editing.
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones?
The Lucky Noodle – Currently working there as a guest colorist. Have worked fulltime before (Been there for a long time).
Unlocked, Illumens, Gala’s Greenhouse, more that I don’t remember or are too old for me not to be embarrassed about |D;;
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior?
Mameha Otome -- > Boss Lady at TLN
ElvishSorceress -- > Boss Lady at Unlocked
Bloody Hell Hound -- > Best friend
dark_iced_angel -- > Co-Worker
icy serenade -- > Co-Worker
Why do you want to join Soquili? I love to color, to edit, to make things pretty and wonderful and delightful and weird. I love to make things for people to enjoy, I like to see people happy and having fun with my work, and I want to better my skills as a colorist. I feel that working at Soquili will help me to achieve and do all of these things and more.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! [Polar Bear SkinWalker] First time doing fur like this 8D;; Please be gentle. [Unedited MadarainFish based] [The River Runs Through Her] (D: That's unfortunately as much as I can make until after the 16th! I have a huuuuge math exam that I have to study for DD| )
Other miscellaneous art you've created:
ALL TLN:
[Very Recent] [Semi-Recent] [Semi-Recent] [Semi-Recent] [Semi-Recent] [Very Recent] [Semi-Recent] [Semi-Recent] [Semi-Recent] [Old-ish] [Slightly Old] [Slightly Old] [Recent] [Recent] [Semi-Recent] [Very Recent] [Recent] [Old] [Old] [Old] [Very Recent] [Very Recent] [Very Recent]

For Comparison of edits (TLN): [Minorly Edited Goddess] ---> [Majorly Edited] // [Minorly Edited God] ---> [Moderatly Edited]

ALL UNLOCKED (KEEP IN MIND THESE ARE ALL REALLY OLD, all are older than TLN examples):
[Luna Moth] [Red Helen] [Madagascar Sunset] [Irish]

Personal Art: [Recent // Digital] [Recent // Traditional Marker] [Semi-Recent // Watercolor] [Semi-Recent // Watercolor] [Old-ish // Copic & White Acrylic] (All my other good artwork is traditional watercolor and I don't have a proper scanner)

Old Soq Hiring Event Example: [Is a never finished WIP]  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:33 pm
Getty'up Pony!
Name: one over three
Availability? Full-Time (For the edited slot I may want part-time. Would need to talk about this.)
What Position? Either
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes
Are you open to being considered for other positions? Yes
Only including shops I've worked at since returning from a year+ long hiatus.
Featherweavers - Colourist - Not sure what's going on here currently, owner MIA.

A Sudden Whim & Tapirus - Helped out with setup (some small amounts of world building and other general stuff) and did a few pieces here and there. Never went through a hieing process and asked not to be on the official crew list as I meant it just to be temporary. Jynk moved and the shops have been on hiatus for a while.

Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior?
Kaitaia and Lady Aria Starstone are both people I've worked for or with in the past.
If Jynk or Featherweavers can be reached then I would like to include them.

Why do you want to join Soquili? I most enjoy working at shops with high demand for pets. There's always something happening and lots of feedback. Also working in an environment where pieces are expected to be consistently high quality is a challenge I'm eager to take on.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided!
Unedited 1 Edited 1 (The most ridiculous thing I could think of at the time)
Edited 2
Edited 3
Featherweavers: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Tapirus: [x] [x]
Sudden Whim: [x]  

one over three

Feline Cat

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:44 am
I would love to apply but the file with layers.. Just doesn't have layers for me.

For some odd reason it downloads as a psd but as a background and no layers.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:03 am
Kara: o.o I'm not sure what to say about that. What program are you using, Photoshop or SAI or something else?

For SAI users, I know there's a problem with the file and how it was saved. I've got a new file, saved as 8bit and RGB, which I hear, should fix the problem. I don't have dropbox access, so I can't upload the file, but people hit me up with your IM's and I can send what I have, until we get it changed.

PM me or poke me via IM. My IM is CrimsonSlush.

I'll try to link the revised file soon.  

Uta

Shy Mage

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:31 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Kara Asumie
Availability? Full-Time or Semi-Quarterly
What Position? Color Only
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes Skype and YIM
Are you open to being considered for other positions? I might be lol
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Centzon Totochtin, and Nature's Wonders. <>
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Atheart - First ever Employer
Kirowyn Love - Second Employer <>
I don't have a third employer so
Poe-tae-toee
Why do you want to join Soquili? I love horses and miss the ones I owned so much. Which is the reason I love the shop so much and the people are so wonderful.
Paint
Rune
Tribal
StarryNight
RainbowPaint
Pets I have colored and edited
Dancer Girl
Pretty Boy
Rainbow Boy
Okapi Girl
Love him
Fun Girl
Pretty Girl
WIP of a Pretty Kitsune Girlie
Custom Ref I did on the Pony lines Mind did
I can do marking like spots and strips but not asked for those much lol.
Plushie as ref
Cert of it | Uncert
Doodles
Tribal Name 1
Tribal Name 2
Tribal Name 3
I love tribals...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:56 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Lollipop x L u x u r y

Availability? Full-Time

What Position? Either

Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes. I have several. Skype: Brit.Mullins & AIM: Clownienisa

Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Unwanted Rejects, Carousel(current), Tikal, Duppelerie, Shakita Inu, Evocality(current)

Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Ryuukishin(Carousel Owner), Bullterrierlove(Co-Worker), Spottedleef(Evocality Owner), Mangshra, Kaehleigh(Former Boss)

Why do you want to join Soquili? I've always peeked into the community and have jumped in a time or two(granted, my post was kinda swept away ; -; ). I adore the lines and edits are one of my favorite things to do. Upon trying the templates, I've got to say they were a blast to edit and color.

Edit [1]

My Carousel Uncerts :NOTE: Most of these were customs. >->  

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:23 pm
Hey, You Seem Familiar!

Name: Kyle!
Availability? Semi-Quarterly!
What Position? I'm happy to be hired for any!
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes - AIM and Skype.
Are you open to being considered for other positions? Of course!
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Pockettu, TLN, various other shops of my on creation.
F a l l a c y - Current employer at pockettu.
Mameha Otome - Past employer at TLN - I got fired there due to problems so this is more of a know-my-bad-points reference. My bad points are that I sometimes rush work and get too hasty, as well as taking on too much work - I think I'm getting better at both of these, but having to submit my work for approval each time would work well for me I think.
RockerWolfie1616 - Character reference, again an honest one. We were dating and now we're friends, so she knows my good and bad points!
Why do you want to join Soquili? Honestly? Soquili is THE breedables shop. I'd be honoured to be hired and It'd make me stick around more. Not going to lie, the idea of being able to save up staff credits for quests/gifts is also pretty great!
Northern Lights
Red Panda
Gargoyle
Other miscellaneous art you've created: Tanukikyle.tumblr.com - warning some NSFW, tagged as such.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:12 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: LydaLynn
Availability? Full-Time to Semi-Quarterly [basically, I would like to be a Full-Time Flaffle colorist - with only Semi-Quarterly for breeding/customs] I know flaffle doesn't really pay and it doesn't get much credits, but I'm not here for credits or gold, I just really feel like regular flaffles are something needed in the shop and it is something that I would be happy to be able to do.
What Position? Either - my editing skills are not great when it comes to hair or clothes, but I feel I can manage small edits, I love making flutter wings, and I really want to learn and grow into something more than just coloring. However, I am perfectly happy with coloring only to start. And as I'm interested in mostly doing flaffles, it's the kind of thing that would be mostly color only anyway.
Do you have Instant Messenger? I think I have an AIM account I could dust the cobwebs off of. I don't use it much, but would be willing to use whatever IM is useful for the shop.
Are you open to being considered for other positions? Y
In no particular order: Island of Nikku, Time Mages, VS, Mysts of Incarnum, Stymphalian, Sacraments of Time, Flaunas Fae, Katakin Islands
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? ElvishSorceress, Aulora, Purrrplekitty
Why do you want to join Soquili? I've been around for years and I love the shop. But more than anything, I want to see the shop really grow. I'm interested in making sure there are enough soq colored to have at least one flaffle every month. That would be my main goal. Breeding and customs are good, but I feel like flaffles are great entry points for new people and that regular flaffles can be a good indication of a healthy shop. So I would very much like to focus on that aspect of coloring. Plus, this is a great place to learn and grow as a colorist. It's been years since I've done any b/c coloring and not only do I miss it, but I miss how much I was able to learn and grow as a colorist in b/c coloring.
Natural, Pixles, Malachite, Dino, Random
Other miscellaneous art you've created: random critter, Aywas: 1, 2, 3, 4. IoN: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:25 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: [+Katch+]
Availability? Semi-Quarterly (only until I get out of school)
What Position? Either
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yup, AIM: badgerkatch
Are you open to being considered for other positions? Sure, why not.
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Nope.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Uhhh, Sabin, Miki, Uta~ Soq regulars I guess? lol
Why do you want to join Soquili? I've been haunting the shop since 09, i've gained a lot of friends, enjoyed creating long lasting characters and learned a whole lot just by being around for this many years. It's really my only regular hang out on Gaia, so I guess applying just feels right. :9
Champagne
Peregrine Falcon
Mage

Other miscellaneous art you've created: DA Gallery  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:13 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Kaitaia
Availability? Full-Time
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yup, skype and AIM.
Are you open to being considered for other positions? Of course.
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? I currently work at SFS and Soul Guardians and I sometimes do customs and guest work for the mini shop puchi pet. I worked most extensively at Wayward Children Pound and various other shops such as Whimsicals and Blathanna.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? one over three, Citrus Cupcake, pippi18848
Why do you want to join Soquili? I've always wanted to work at Soq. It's been a dream of mine since I started colouring; I just never thought I was good enough to apply, haha. I love the lines and I love the shopgoers. There's a great family here that I'd love to be a part of, even if in a small capacity.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! one two three four five
Other miscellaneous art you've created: my colouring sample PB  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

Azael_Rose

Crew

Festive Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:29 am
Hey, You Seem Familiar!

Name: Azael_Rose
Availability? Semi-Quarterly or Bi-Annually
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes; AIM and Skype (rarely) and Gmail(fastest response)
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Most recent current work; Searching for Sanctuary (Familiar colorist) and Aljira Copernican FT Colorist
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? No past references that I can ask - most have left gaia it seems.
Why do you want to join Soquili? Soquili is much more than a shop with pretty horses, it is a community that gathered around an in-depth story and world. Just like SfS, I really want to be a part of it. I also greatly appreciate being able to improve my coloring skills.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! [x] [x] [x]
Other miscellaneous art you've created: Aljira Copernican with improvements, and From my SfS application  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:03 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Yumitoko
What Position? Either
Do you have Instant Messenger? Y
Are you open to being considered for other positions? N
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Theia
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Faid Shadowlight,Lysia_Nyteblade Agneza
Why do you want to join Soquili? It's gonna sound cheesy but is like my second home, even if I wander off elsewhere for a little while I always end up here because this is where I feel most comfortable. The reason I want to join is to colour some pretty ponies and make people smile, this place is my favourite shop and it's a dream job. I sorta want to contribute to people feeling happy or excited when they receive a pet from this shop, I think it's one of the nicest feelings.
[1] [2] [3] [4]

Misc Art Blog
More random art stuffs
Gallery of old entries from last year + examples from this year  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:24 pm
Getty' up Pony!

Name: Nyhility
What Position? Either
Are you open to being considered for other positions? No thanks x3
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Currently working and managing the Realm of Kitsusagi, and worked in the past with Jokoa (guest) .
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? saedusk, saint sergio, thamin,
Why do you want to join Soquili? To further improve my skills with a tablet and better learn the mechanics of a b/c shop. n,n
regular
troll
kelpie
creature sketch
oc sketch
oc wip
coloring
coloring
coloring
edits + coloring
edits + coloring
edits + coloring
edits + coloring
lines + coloring
lines + coloring wip  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:53 am
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Cy. Cypran.
Availability? Semi-Quarterly or Bi-Annually [[Kind of a judgement call for me, as I'm just getting back into Gaia.
What Position? Either. I'm best know for my edits, however.
Do you have Instant Messenger? Skype. Can text too, or obtain alternative IMs.
Are you open to being considered for other positions? N
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? There are a few way back when that I don't recall.
Drechdia (Currently Employed [Shop is on Hiatus?]), Star*Chasers, The Lucky Noodle, Pokeboys,
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Eikkie, Deejaye, Freylei, Pepzilla (King Inversitle)
Why do you want to join Soquili? I've been a fan of the art and community for a while. I adore the new management. I love to make obnoxious amounts of edits and Soq is a great medium for that. Pretty solid.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! New: DUR, DUR without scales, Beyonce, fish? Old: Licker [Trigger Warning: Skinless Equines], Fair
Other miscellaneous art you've created: The majority of my old pets, while I'm still proud of many, are upwards of 3 years old. I've also suffered two computer crashes since then. So heres some art and kinda recent stuffs.
[--X--], [--X--], [--X--], [--X--], [--X--], [--X--],[--X--],[--X--],[--X--], [--X--],

I was late on the uptake yoyoyo.

HER MAGESTY (ITS 3 AM)  

Inkvore

Dangerous Member

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:30 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Thamin
Availability? Full-Time
What Position? Either, Any
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones?Yes; [Currently Inactive or closed Shops]NACT, Lisimba Valey, Elements, Avians, Blackwater. Chimuian Beastiary [Currently active Shop] Pingui
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? -MoomoolatteCha- , Looneytaz82 ,
Nyhility
Why do you want to join Soquili?To be honest, I have wanted to and have been trying to join the soquili team since '08. I originally got into Gaia for the RP aspect and spent much of my time in barton town. A real life friend introduced me to the B/C where I adored the art aspect combined with the RP aspect. I started three stores of my own and worked at Several others until I found Soq. I was kindly offered co-ownership of a soq, and a month later I had won my SW and my first custom Adaya. I was hooked. In the past 6 years I have had disappearances, hiatuses, and Real life drama. But through it all I have stuck with soquili. To be honest it is the only reason that I am even still an active member on Gaia. Despite whether or not I have time for anything else online I always find a way to pop into soquili, even if it is to only post a ninja . I've seen the many bouts of drama in the shop, seen the trouble it has had in the past - I have always had hope and have wished that I could and would be allowed to help in some way or form. I want to offer the current owners the ability to expand on ideas and plots for their soquili and their growth as they develop, whether by finding that long lost loved one or by having children for the first time; or even something as small as finding that perfect trinket that fits their character, or that pesky familiar that annoys them to death but they cant seem to live without. I want newcomers to feel welcomed and invited and to give them the opportunity to have their first fully owned soquili without having to wait months or years. So, back to the original question. Why do I want to join soquili? I want to offer the current patrons and the patrons to come help in attaining their goals, whatever they may be. I want to offer them hope in that they wont have to wait years for breedings or customs to go through for a plot to progress. I want every person that posts in the thread to feel welcomed, happy, and relaxed. Soq has always been an escape for me, and the excitement of seeing a basket pop, or a soq drop can completely turn the worst day ever around and make you smile if only for a moment. I may not have that great of skills, but I want to be able to give that to any and all that I can.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ]
Other miscellaneous art you've created: Hiring Gallery. More can be given upon request.  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff